Robb&Ann

UPS delivery of I-129F

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone has to be available to sign for it if you send it the method you did. Extra cost and potential extra time. If you are sending future documents I personally would use a method that does not require being signed for.

I had anticipated that and specified no signature required,but oh well.

[/size]

LOL, it was almost $80 from AZ to TX. I paid for next day air delivery before 10:30 am. (It seemed like a good idea at the time.)

Our I-129F was almost 6lbs total with packing. We put everything but the kitchen sink in it, far more proof than what’s probably needed but we shouldn’t get a RFE this way.

That's all you need is more items for them to sort through and take more time lol.. Joking.. 6 lbs WOW. When I sent my package to my fiancee in Bohol Philippines for her interview all my ####### was 4 lbs. And I sent 4 years tax returns of which I was an Ex Pat for 2 of the 4 so my taxes were thick. I have no idea what you sent at 6 lbs. Maybe your fiancee lol...... In seriousness Robb gave great advice. Never never never us USPS sending anything to the Philippines. Use Fed Ex or UPS. It cost me $130 for the above 3.4 pounds actually I think. We all learn as we grow through this process. Good luck to you.

Timeline

i paid $100 to send 5 pages to Caracas... it took less then 5 days

but i feel ya.. LOL

not sure what it will cost ya to send to Phil..

but don't use USPS>.

us FED EX or UPS>. to make sure they get there.. USPS has NO control once it leaves USA..

Not to sure about FedEx!!! :angry: I sent the documents for the interview to my fiancee and they made it to Butuan City and as of right now,

the courier want deliver them to her in Hinatuan unless she pays them a delivery fee.... I paid FedEx $120... I have called FedEx twice and

talk to them about it and they tell me that they will call me back but never have.... SO...... Maybe FedEx has NO control either....

Ok, it was delivered now. Apparently UPS just thought it would be fun to see us squirm.

I wonder how long after delivery it will take to receive the text/email notice from the G-1145.

5 days from when they received my package to when I got the email. I've yet to receive a text from them. 7 days for the hard copy I-797C. Once you get the email you can sign up for case updates on USCIS.gov and they're pretty responsive there.

We used USPS Express, overnight for ~$45 w/ tax.

ROC:

17-JUN-2016: Filed I-751

24-JUN-2016: VSC NOA

09-JUL-2016: Biometrics appointment Raleigh, NC ASC

AOS:

04-JAN-2014: POE

07-JAN-2014: Filed for SSN

18-JAN-2014: Wedding in Wilmington, NC

31-JAN-2014: Filed for AOS (lockbox received 01-FEB-2014)

05-FEB-2014: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

04-MAR-2014: Biometrics in Raleigh, NC

09-APR-2014: I-765/I-131 approved

14-APR-2014: EAD/AP Card Received (mailed 11-APR-2014)

14-MAY-2014: Notice of delay in processing, estimated completion NOV-2014 :(

28-JUN-2014: Reception in Wilmington, NC

11-AUG-2014: Card production notice! :)

15-AUG-2014: Hardcopy I-797 Approval of AOS

18-AUG-2014: Card in hand.

K1:

25-DEC-2012: Proposal!

10-JAN-2013: Filed I-129F (lockbox received 12-JAN-2013)

16-JAN-2013: NOA1 VSC (hard copy received 22-JAN-2013)

30-MAY-2013: Transferred from VSC to TSC

24-JUN-2013: NOA2 electronic notification (hard copy received 27-JUN-2013)

16-JUL-2013: USCIS sends to NVC

22-JUL-2013: Case number assigned, sent to MTL. (called DoS instead of NVC)

24-JUL-2013: Case received at MTL. (hard copy received 27-JUL-2013)

08-AUG-2013: Packet 3 mailed to MTL via XPressPost (MTL received 12-AUG-2013)

20-AUG-2013: MTL logs Packet 3 and sends Packet 4 (happy birthday Christopher!)

28-AUG-2013: Medical (Dr. Seiden, results received 03-SEP-2013)

07-OCT-2013: Interview (Approved!)

10-OCT-2013: Visa ready with Loomis! (picked up 17-OCT-2013)

Filed: Timeline

Not to sure about FedEx!!! :angry: I sent the documents for the interview to my fiancee and they made it to Butuan City and as of right now,

the courier want deliver them to her in Hinatuan unless she pays them a delivery fee.... I paid FedEx $120... I have called FedEx twice and

talk to them about it and they tell me that they will call me back but never have.... SO...... Maybe FedEx has NO control either....

FedEx uses local contractors, often less reliable than the regular postal service.

I am only worried because of the extra cost I paid for the shipping. LOL, It was almost $80.

$80??? You could just use USPS and it would cost only $14. At least this is what I used and never had a delay.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

$80??? You could just use USPS and it would cost only $14. At least this is what I used and never had a delay.

:thumbs: i am a big advocate of this for domestic deliveries. and if you want overnight, just use USPS express (not more than $30) and next delivery is guaranteed if mailed b4 5pm.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

:thumbs: i am a big advocate of this for domestic deliveries. and if you want overnight, just use USPS express (not more than $30) and next delivery is guaranteed if mailed b4 5pm.

USPS and most any domestic couriers are relatively equally reliable. You can find people who hate and swear by each of them. However there are advantages and disadvantage for each.

USPS tracking and notification is my biggest dislike. FedEx and UPS offer per scan tracking and notifications so you can see each step the delivery makes within the FedEx or UPS system. USPS tracking is usually more of a delivery confirmation.

I like being able to see where my package is along its route. Is it important? Perhaps not in the grand scheme of things. But I like the ability to be a little OCD and check it repeatedly and receive notices of any change in its status. FedEx and UPS also allow me to have delivery before 10:30am.

I personally have both a UPS and FedEx account so I also have the advantage of convenient billing and discounts in some situations.

Internationally depends a lot on WHERE, and if shipping to or from. If shipping from Manila to US I prefer FedEx, some of the malls have places you can ship FedEx. But using your US FedEx account to send from the Philippines to the US is problematic at best. UPS shipping locations are nearly non-existent and the UPS website has locations no longer offering UPS. However, shipping to Manila from the US I prefer UPS they even have some UPS direct deliveries. Don't expect scan level tracking beyond Manila or Cebu, sometimes Davao.

There is a high instance of "loss" on most others. I have not tried DHL but have heard it's good.

Within the Philippines LBC is probably the best.

Manila forwarder is also good for very large cargo and boxes.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ya, we expect it was overkill. 381 pages divided into 45 cataloged tabs complete with table of contents.

This is what happens when you get 2 people who are both nerds, a little OCD, and slightly neurotic, and then put them into a bureaucratic process that keeps them apart.

totally feel you. I don't think we actually had such a heavy packet, but still

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

There has to be somebody there that can accept delivery. They will make three attempts.

Have you read the K1 guide lately? I think if it could recommend you to mail you and your fiancé in the package it would!rofl.gif I totally get how I129F petitions can get heavy with "evidences"

But it was still good advice, even though it was a pain to go through all or skype records and copy it and print it, and mails, and everything... at least it should prevent most RFEs!

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Have you read the K1 guide lately? I think if it could recommend you to mail you and your fiancé in the package it would!rofl.gif I totally get how I129F petitions can get heavy with "evidences"

But it was still good advice, even though it was a pain to go through all or skype records and copy it and print it, and mails, and everything... at least it should prevent most RFEs!

I forget whether it was on the embassy site, or in one of the USCIS guidelines, but in one of the FAQ's, the question was asked, "How many pieces of each kind of evidence listed was sufficient?" The answer was, "Up to six pieces of the most relevant evidence among the types listed for each category would be sufficient." That stuck with me.

Remember, the person reviewing your file has to complete so many files per day, and if your best evidence is buried among the clutter, that vital piece of evidence may get overlooked. You can say you tabbed and organized everything, and highlighted it with paste-it notes, however, the first thing that happens, other than look for the check when they open your envelope, is take the whole filing apart, remove all the staples, tabs, and paste it notes, and scan every piece of paper, front and back. So, that pretty, nicely organized file, is now reassembled, top punched, secured with an acco fastener, and dumped in a box, to be forwarded to the local office, or service center for archiving, in case an interview is required. For the rest of the processing, an electronic copy of the file will be used.

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

I forget whether it was on the embassy site, or in one of the USCIS guidelines, but in one of the FAQ's, the question was asked, "How many pieces of each kind of evidence listed was sufficient?" The answer was, "Up to six pieces of the most relevant evidence among the types listed for each category would be sufficient." That stuck with me.

Remember, the person reviewing your file has to complete so many files per day, and if your best evidence is buried among the clutter, that vital piece of evidence may get overlooked. You can say you tabbed and organized everything, and highlighted it with paste-it notes, however, the first thing that happens, other than look for the check when they open your envelope, is take the whole filing apart, remove all the staples, tabs, and paste it notes, and scan every piece of paper, front and back. So, that pretty, nicely organized file, is now reassembled, top punched, secured with an acco fastener, and dumped in a box, to be forwarded to the local office, or service center for archiving, in case an interview is required. For the rest of the processing, an electronic copy of the file will be used.

When I say very organized I mean it.

For example each area of evidence, forms, or documentation is placed in a separate section divided by a colored card with the topic clearly printed on its face and a corresponding printed tab located on the bottom of the separator card.

G-1145

Cover

Cover Letter / TOC

Tab 1 – Payment

Tab 2 – Form I-129F

Tab 3 - I-129F Supplement Part B, Question 1, Question 2, and Question 15

Tab 4 - I-129F Supplement Part B, Question 18

And so on…

When I say printed I mean it is professionally printed not simply hand written.

Things like the payment, passport photos, etc., are placed inside full page size, clear plastic, sealed, document envelope sheets.

The entire packet then was assembled with an ACCO clip at the top.

Then the entire application placed within a black canvas federal document envelope, with “I-129F original submission” and the full name of both myself as petitioner and Ann as beneficiary printed on both the front and back of the envelope. The envelope is closed with a zipper making document removal easy while providing protection of the contents.

(This is the same type of envelope we use at work when presenting legislators with proposed bills and amendments)

It is our understanding the packet will be disassembled and reorganized into their own binders used by USCIS. Sections viewed as not directly relevant to this phase of the I-129F will be forwarded on to the embassy for possible use in the interview process upon approval.

We are fully aware that once disassembled and placed into the USCIS binders that things like the tabs, document envelopes, and the canvas document envelope will be discarded. These are only present to make it extremely easy to manage the packet.

Yes, it was more expense that I am sure many will find unneeded, I think we spent about $150 on assembling the packet.

The intent was/is to provide more than enough information, preventing any possible RFE while making it easy to disassemble and reassemble in the proper manner. Additionally we are attempting to front load some information for use in the later in the interview process.

This method was agreed and suggested by three separate immigration attorneys. Yes, it’s probably killing a fly with a hammer.

When I say very organized I mean it.

For example each area of evidence, forms, or documentation is placed in a separate section divided by a colored card with the topic clearly printed on its face and a corresponding printed tab located on the bottom of the separator card.

G-1145

Cover

Cover Letter / TOC

Tab 1 – Payment

Tab 2 – Form I-129F

Tab 3 - I-129F Supplement Part B, Question 1, Question 2, and Question 15

Tab 4 - I-129F Supplement Part B, Question 18

And so on…

When I say printed I mean it is professionally printed not simply hand written.

Things like the payment, passport photos, etc., are placed inside full page size, clear plastic, sealed, document envelope sheets.

The entire packet then was assembled with an ACCO clip at the top.

Then the entire application placed within a black canvas federal document envelope, with “I-129F original submission” and the full name of both myself as petitioner and Ann as beneficiary printed on both the front and back of the envelope. The envelope is closed with a zipper making document removal easy while providing protection of the contents.

(This is the same type of envelope we use at work when presenting legislators with proposed bills and amendments)

It is our understanding the packet will be disassembled and reorganized into their own binders used by USCIS. Sections viewed as not directly relevant to this phase of the I-129F will be forwarded on to the embassy for possible use in the interview process upon approval.

We are fully aware that once disassembled and placed into the USCIS binders that things like the tabs, document envelopes, and the canvas document envelope will be discarded. These are only present to make it extremely easy to manage the packet.

Yes, it was more expense that I am sure many will find unneeded, I think we spent about $150 on assembling the packet.

The intent was/is to provide more than enough information, preventing any possible RFE while making it easy to disassemble and reassemble in the proper manner. Additionally we are attempting to front load some information for use in the later in the interview process.

This method was agreed and suggested by three separate immigration attorneys. Yes, it’s probably killing a fly with a hammer.

And you made at least one complete copy for your fiancee to use at the interview in Manila, I hope.

My post is not really directed toward you, but to the persons that might be reading this thread looking for ideas.

Timeline

And you made at least one complete copy for your fiancee to use at the interview in Manila, I hope.

2 exact printed copies and 2 digital copies.

I am waiting for some TopFiles top punch binders to be delivered from Bindertek before I ship her copy to her. The Bindertek binders are federal/legal quality binders. I ordered 4, 2 black and 2 red. The black will hold the exact copy of the original I-129F, and the red will hold information covering from the I-129F submission until the interview.

We have even assembled all the docs needed for the interview… Including filing 2012 taxes early prior to the Jan 30 processing date.

My post is not really directed toward you, but to the persons that might be reading this thread looking for ideas.

That’s why I make it clear we went above what’s needed. Just because we did an I-129F that Adrian Monk would be proud of does not mean it will make any difference.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.