Zeros

How to bring my russian fiancee to the US?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am new in VisaJourney and I need advice from you guys. My situation is the following:

I became US citizen in september last year. I want to bring my fiancée from Russia. I have been visiting to her 5 times and traveling together to other countries. Our relationship is 1.5 years. I proposed to her in October last year and we have tons of pictures to support our relationship is real.

I would like to know which is the best way to bring her to the US:

A.- Apply for a K1 fiancée Visa and to marry in the US.

B.- Marry in Russia and then apply to bring her to the US.

Which option is the most secure, less time consuming, and successful way to bring her to the US?

She previously applied for a tourist visa to visit me. I sent to her invitation letter to support her stay in the US but she was denied. Is this going to affect when I apply to bring her to the US?

Is this something that I can do by myself or I will need the service of a lawyer?

I would like to know your thoughts and experience on this situation and sorry for the inconvenience of asking many questions. We just want to be happy together.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Hello everyone,

I am new in VisaJourney and I need advice from you guys. My situation is the following:

I became US citizen in september last year. I want to bring my fiancée from Russia. I have been visiting to her 5 times and traveling together to other countries. Our relationship is 1.5 years. I proposed to her in October last year and we have tons of pictures to support our relationship is real.

I would like to know which is the best way to bring her to the US:

A.- Apply for a K1 fiancée Visa and to marry in the US.

B.- Marry in Russia and then apply to bring her to the US.

Which option is the most secure, less time consuming, and successful way to bring her to the US?

She previously applied for a tourist visa to visit me. I sent to her invitation letter to support her stay in the US but she was denied. Is this going to affect when I apply to bring her to the US?

Is this something that I can do by myself or I will need the service of a lawyer?

I would like to know your thoughts and experience on this situation and sorry for the inconvenience of asking many questions. We just want to be happy together.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Both options are about the same time wise, it depends on what you want to do. You can do the process by yourself, it doesn't matter if she was denied a visitor visa if the reason was only they didn't think she had enough evidence to show she was going to go back to Russia.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Faster way is definitely the fiancé visa and then marry in the US. There is a backlog if you marry and then apply for her to come in as a wife. It will average you 5-6 months before the i-13O will be approved. And i-130 is just the first step of many if you file for her while she is outside the US.

We got married in the US (me on tourist visa) then we left the country and filed for the petition outside the US and its taking a while. After our I-130 gets approved took us (5-6months), we file the I-864(another few months), pay bills and etc...(a month) and then interview at the local US embassy (will take 3 months or so to coordinate). Very long process and will take 9months to a year apart from husband and wife. Thank God my husband lives with me overseas otherwise I will miss him like crazy!

If you file for a fiancé you will only need to file the I-130 and the I-129f and when approved she will get an embassy interview and then she will get her fiancé visa 6months or less.. After you get married, you finish the immigration process in the US but at least you are together and happy.

You do not need a lawyer to do this. It is simple enough if you study the process and do it right. Don't waste your money on a lawyer.

It will not affect her petition if she was denied a visitor's visa.

Edited by Mrs.Proud2010

2010 - met in Kuwait and got married at Washington using previous b1/b2 visa.

2010 - back in Kuwait as husband and wife.

2010 - denied to renew tourist visa, lady in the embassy said was not eligible!? Lies! Wth! Traumatized :-/

2012 - applied for tourist visa again, strengthened by the Lord, armed with lots of prayer, got a b1/b2 visa for a year!!! Yey! Christmas here we come!!!

2012 - decided to get ir1/cr1, I-130 started.

2013 - still in ir1/cr1 process.

2013 - EXPECTing our first born !!! <3

Dear Jesus,

Because your awesome and you love us more than we will ever know how to, please bless us and send our visa case to the fastest and bestest worker you got! But nonetheless, let Your will be done not ours. <3

USCIS - NVC

08/03/2012 - I-130 packet received by the Chicago lockbox (sent through FedEx)

08/09/2012 - Received Email of NOA1, routed to California Service Center.

08/08/2012 - updated online?

08/20-ish/2012 - Received Mail of NOA1.

01/18/2013 - Received Email saying I-130 approved NOA2

03/06/2013 - Received Mail of NOA2

03/09/2013 - Emailed NVC correction regarding wrong current address of principal applicant

03/09/2013 - Paid AOS bill $88 online

03/10/2013 - Emailed the NVC DS-3032

event.png

Faster way is definitely the fiancé visa and then marry in the US. There is a backlog if you marry and then apply for her to come in as a wife. It will average you 5-6 months before the i-13O will be approved. And i-130 is just the first step of many if you file for her while she is outside the US.

We got married in the US (me on tourist visa) then we left the country and filed for the petition outside the US and its taking a while. After our I-130 gets approved took us (5-6months), we file the I-864(another few months), pay bills and etc...(a month) and then interview at the local US embassy (will take 3 months or so to coordinate). Very long process and will take 9months to a year apart from husband and wife. Thank God my husband lives with me overseas otherwise I will miss him like crazy!

If you file for a fiancé you will only need to file the I-130 and the I-129f and when approved she will get an embassy interview and then she will get her fiancé visa 6months or less.. After you get married, you finish the immigration process in the US but at least you are together and happy.

You do not need a lawyer to do this. It is simple enough if you study the process and do it right. Don't waste your money on a lawyer.

It will not affect her petition if she was denied a visitor's visa.

I think you will find that a K1 will take probably 7-8 months total, so I wouldn't call it "way" faster....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to General Immigration Discussion -- OP is deciding on a visa path. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.