• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

[

One other issue is that when he speaks broken english at home, my three year old is picking it up. I tried to say it as nicely as I knew how, but he took it the wrong way. Last night he kept yelling (cause he was up stars) at my son to turn the "pipe" off , well after a few times, and he never repsonded, I said tell him to turn the "water down" no it's a pipe :blink: I said well turn the facet down, he's like what's a facet? I'm like he understands "facet" and "water" but not "pipe" We have these issue with the kids often. At times I want to let it go cause I rather not argue, but when my three year old is asking everyone to tie his "next shoe" I start to wonder???

:lol: Next shoe, That's funny.

For some reason, I start talking like Damien. His co-workers are from ATL and New Orleans so he talk like them with southern accent on top of his Jamaican accent :wacko:. No one can understand him. Not even me.

Filed: Other Timeline
[

One other issue is that when he speaks broken english at home, my three year old is picking it up. I tried to say it as nicely as I knew how, but he took it the wrong way. Last night he kept yelling (cause he was up stars) at my son to turn the "pipe" off , well after a few times, and he never repsonded, I said tell him to turn the "water down" no it's a pipe :blink: I said well turn the facet down, he's like what's a facet? I'm like he understands "facet" and "water" but not "pipe" We have these issue with the kids often. At times I want to let it go cause I rather not argue, but when my three year old is asking everyone to tie his "next shoe" I start to wonder???

:lol: Next shoe, That's funny.

Yea I couldn't stop laughing.

When I cannot understand him. I had to get in the habit of saying, excuse me dear, honey or what ever what did you say or do you mind repeating that? and stop saing huh??? (how do you spell that by the way) :huh: Because when he says (huh) with his jamacian accent, It annoys me, I translate it as " I REALLY DON"T WANT TO BE BOTHERED DO I HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN" Trying to get him to do the same. He still hasn't :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had a great time. My mom and sis were outta control. I want to go back by myself (in June) so that I don't have to keep an eye on them all the time. You know when rookies go down there how it can be.

The weather was perfect. And Kirk was too. :whistle:;):P:devil::dancing::secret:

Hey Jill I just saw the pictures you posted on the yahoo site, the pic of Kirk and your mom is too cute...Looks like she was having a blast. Was that the 1st time she met him?

Joanna

That pic was from last year. July 2005. That's not really their first meeting...they met at the airport. And he hugged her the second he met her. She loved him immediately. He called her mum the second he met her. They actually are pretty tight. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Birthday Mrs Squito!!! :dance::dance:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy bday Squitto :)(L)(L)(F)

Simone I went throught ATL - it was a breeze! Nothing to worry about.

Hey everyone!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Thanks ChristineJames.

My husband asked me today what to bring with him to Atlanta.

What did you guys tell your SO to bring? Should he pack ALL his things (even the stuff that I'll hide somewhere deep in my garage)?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How did I miss this?! Congrats Simone :dance::dance:

Hello Everyone! Hope Everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Rohan- finally got descent treatment at the hospital. They xrayed his hand and said his hand was broken and some bone shattered. Now this part I dont get...They asked him if he want surgery or a cast :huh: . What person would ask for a cast, but I thought you couldnt fix shattered bone without surgery. Anyway I guess he will wait till he is up here to get some descent medical care for that hand.

I have the same question as Somone, I may have overlooked but I didnt see an answer. How much is that fee the you have to pay to the professional carrier to get your visa. Will they allow you to pick the visa up?

My husband had his interview today and he said the fee was 400 or 500ja. They will allow you to pick up the visa in Kingston but i am not sure on the cost. He jhad the courier service deliver the visa to MOBAY

Congratulations Simone and hubby on getting their visa today!!! :dance::dance:

Thank you. I gave my husband experience in the embassy review. He said it was an okay interview. I think it was easy because we had all the information before hand. I followed all VJ tips and guidelines. I even followed the shortcuts and it really worked. It took us less than 5 months to get the visa (from start to finish). I am so happy that I found this website. It was truly helpful. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I want to be helpful. I feel that you guys at VJ have giving me so much and I want to give back - if I can.

I maybe going on but I am so happy right now I can cry! I just don't know what to do with myself.

By the way, did anyone go through Atlanta for their POE?

Happy Birthday Mrs. S !!! :dance::dance::dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

some good news about our tourist visa fiasco...

the mother is going to the embassy on Monday morning to meet a specific woman for a reevaluation of our tourist visa application!

we finally got through to the lady at the embassy today and spoke directly to her. She couldn't tell us what would happen...but we made the arrangements for the reevaluation Monday.

cross your fingers for us.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
some good news about our tourist visa fiasco...

the mother is going to the embassy on Monday morning to meet a specific woman for a reevaluation of our tourist visa application!

we finally got through to the lady at the embassy today and spoke directly to her. She couldn't tell us what would happen...but we made the arrangements for the reevaluation Monday.

cross your fingers for us.

That sound very promising. I thought it was easier for children to get their visa. especially school age children because they could go with the schools to get it all at once.

you'd have to read about the whole fiasco that happened to us with our DS230 application when we were doing the K1. To sum it up...we evidentally put his daughter on a "potential to immigrate" list by having her name on the DS230 as "coming to the US at a later date"...this caused her first tourist visa interview to be denied.

We've been emailing and calling...so hasn't our congressman...to try and make them understand that there is no intention for her to immigrate and that the question on the DS230 was way to vague...

So they say that it will be reevaluated....MONDAY! Finally.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

I cannot remember who, but someone here filing for a different kind of visa had to do blood test, in order to prove parternety. I need to know what kind of paper work to file in order to get this done for Davids daughter, Will I have to start all over with a different type of Visa? Any input would be greatful.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
you'd have to read about the whole fiasco that happened to us with our DS230 application when we were doing the K1. To sum it up...we evidentally put his daughter on a "potential to immigrate" list by having her name on the DS230 as "coming to the US at a later date"...this caused her first tourist visa interview to be denied.

We've been emailing and calling...so hasn't our congressman...to try and make them understand that there is no intention for her to immigrate and that the question on the DS230 was way to vague...

So they say that it will be reevaluated....MONDAY! Finally.

We answered the same question too. I thought it was just for information purpose only. My husband has two daughters outside our marriage. We were hoping that once things were settled they would be able to visit us here. Have we ruin their chances?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.