• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
USCIS doesn't seem to be very organized or efficient, why on earth would they require someone to do biometrics twice?? Jeez :blink::blink:

thanks for the info tho :thumbs:

Hey Squitto~ At the top of your appointment letter there should be a code...it says code right on there and there should be a number underneath it. What is that number? If it is a 3 they will do both biometrics at the same time. Thats what they did with us.

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Other Timeline

I guess I got luck with my Jamaican, because other than driving a bit too fast, he's a pretty good driver :yes: He didn't have to go to driver's school or anything and he passed the written test the 1st time and the road test the 2nd time. (1st time he failed at parallel parking :lol: ) My biggest problem is trying to keep my mouth shut while he's driving :whistle: I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to that :innocent:

Good morning (F)

I told David that If he drove the way he drove with me in the car he would never pass. I make all kinda of noises when he drives cause I try to hid the fact that I am scared as hell. He scares the living daylight out of me, I I never remembered him driving like that in JA?? It's the only time we argue, it's so funny.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Andre thinks he is gods gift to driving and he doesn't need to practice. He went driving with a buddy a few weeks back and he has had the biggest ego since then. His driving scares me to death and I keep telling him he has got to get more practice in the correct way of driving or he will never get his license. He is taking the test tomorrow afternoon and as much as I don't want to be the chauffer anymore it scares me to think that he could be driving alone...not having someone there to say..."hey thats a red light you gotta stop!" :lol:

I'm so annoyed...i can't get anyone at the embassy to email me back. I am using

consularkingst@state.gov

is that what you all have used?

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

[Dee, lol, I know what you mean by trying to help work problems you barely remember how to do yourself. I probably couldnt pass the GED test now myself without a little touching up. And darned if I havent forgotten some of the easy 3rd/4th grade ####### too, like action sentences, telling sentences. action verbs, telling verbs, adverbs, etc. Frankly he remember that stuff better than I!

And darn, I had forgotten how to make fractions into whole numbers, I THOUGHT I knew, (and I did) but wanted to make sure before teaching someone the wrong thing!

American history will be a killer if they make him learn a lot of that, just becuz he studied NONE of it before. I am not sure they require that, you would think world history would be important, but not Am history. He has learned some as he has been here, and I explain to him stuff when we have watched movies and etc, but I wouldnt know zip about another country's history if I moved there recently, it would take me quite a while.

Oh and Dee, all you need to send is a COPY of the bc, keep the certified for when you do the AOS interview.

Thanks.....He woke up again with questions. I showed him the best way I know how :e will take the test today to show where is weak areas are. Trying to tell him not to worry about it :hehe: didn't do him any good. and I'm going to the library to get math, spelling and what ever else I can fine to help him. I know he won't be in a good mood when he comes come. American History will be a killer :huh: So I hope not much is required.

I think that I mentioned that our paper drivers license expired in a year, well so did the paper state ID, when we received the real state ID in the mail It did have the same expiration date as on the I94, So I am assuming that his drivers license will be expired when we get it in the mail....WHAT A BUMMER!!! :angry: WE found this out yesterday at the bank when the lady wouldn't give him any money because it was expired!Well I never looked at it once it came in the mail. :( He was really upset until I told him that He would not have to take the test again. :huh:

HAPPY B-DAY SQUITTO!!! :dance::dance:

Ditto

consularkingst@state.gov

Good luck. Try sending it daily :blush:

I have never gotten a reply in the same week.

Edited by Dee&Dav

Timeline

consularkingst@state.gov

I agree...send it daily and include as much information as possible in your emails. It usually took about 7-10 days to get a response and I think if you send it over an over they get kinda sick of you and will respond. Its worth a try :yes:

"hey thats a red light you gotta stop!" :lol:

OR, STOP! cause you have to stop at a stop sign....even if noones coming :blink: You never know when the police are looking :huh: and He's the yield king, everyone yields but him :wacko:

consularkingst@state.gov

I agree...send it daily and include as much information as possible in your emails. It usually took about 7-10 days to get a response and I think if you send it over an over they get kinda sick of you and will respond. Its worth a try :yes:

I just emailed asking if we can do a blood test for Davids daughter..I don't expect to hear back until next week. :blink:

Timeline

4 way stops and the free right on red are going to be the death of me :dead: Then don't even mention speeding :huh:

"yes you can go right on red...only after you have stopped COMPLETELY and made sure the coast is clear."

"you can go right on red but you can not go LEFT on red...even if the coast is completely clear."

"Just because the car in front of you is taking their turn at the 4 way stop you can't just follow them even if you are going the same direction...you have to stop and take YOUR turn."

"Even if it is only you that comes to the intersection you still have to stop completely before going through"

"Even though your buddy hasn't been pulled over for speeding and he speeds all the time that doesn't mean that you can speed and not get caught...think of what it would cost for the ticket and then the jump in insurance. We can't afford that especially since you don't even actually have a license yet"

Honestly I have said these statments at least 5 times each and probably at least once this week already :help:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Wow I guess I got lucky teaching my hubby to drive. I guess it helped that he was scared to death to begin with, never having driven before. I never asked him, just one day he up and said, ok, you get over there (motioning to passenger seat). He usually does that kind of thing when he feels he is ready, I think its kinda charming. hehe The only times I got real upset is when he about took out the garage and he had a whole mile before he almost hit the darned thing. For some reason, he just hated using that brake!!! :lol:

Dee, dont worry too much, I was so surprised when Lake first tested, they said he was only reading and doing math at 3rd grade level. I thought WHAT!!! cuz I know he is pretty smart, he loves to read, and is VERY good with numbers, at least in his head. He adds so fast in his head, I usually ask him the totals when I grocery shop, etc. I think it just turned out he was very rusty, (like I said so am I) and the vocabulary thing is a case of being around folks that if he ever used bigger words, they wouldnt understand them. So he had no reason to, and it "dumbed him up" I guess you could say. Kinda sad. Anyhow, its only the third week of taking lessons, and he is doing pre GED stuff already. Altho vocabulary is tuff, he says he memorizes it, then forgets it pretty much right away. He studies it constantly tho, when he gets home he works on his math or reading for about 3 hours every night. I am surprised and happy he is taking it so seriously, but he grumbles about in his country if you want to go to college, you DONT HAVE to go backwards first! Thats how he puts it. :hehe:

Oh and happy birthday Squitto!!!

And good morning to all if I forgot to say that. :)

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
Wow I guess I got lucky teaching my hubby to drive. I guess it helped that he was scared to death to begin with, never having driven before. I never asked him, just one day he up and said, ok, you get over there (motioning to passenger seat). He usually does that kind of thing when he feels he is ready, I think its kinda charming. hehe The only times I got real upset is when he about took out the garage and he had a whole mile before he almost hit the darned thing. For some reason, he just hated using that brake!!! :lol:

Lucky :yes:

A few months before Andre got here he bought a drivers license and drive I think a total of 2 times. This really messed him up honestly cause he is turning into the wrong lane because he is used to the car being on the other side. Like I said earlier it is also an ego/pride thing. He wants to be the "shotta" as he says and feels that he can be...but they have skills and experience...they didn't drive like that right out the gate and you can't drive like that here in the US. It is also really hard to take lessons from your wife. I understand all that but we can't afford lessons so that is what we have to do. I am hoping that he will be knocked down of his high horse at the DMV and told he needs to study and practice some more. It would be good for him to hear it from someone in authority and not from the wife all the time.

4 way stops and the free right on red are going to be the death of me :dead: Then don't even mention speeding :huh:

"yes you can go right on red...only after you have stopped COMPLETELY and made sure the coast is clear."

"you can go right on red but you can not go LEFT on red...even if the coast is completely clear."

"Just because the car in front of you is taking their turn at the 4 way stop you can't just follow them even if you are going the same direction...you have to stop and take YOUR turn."

"Even if it is only you that comes to the intersection you still have to stop completely before going through"

"Even though your buddy hasn't been pulled over for speeding and he speeds all the time that doesn't mean that you can speed and not get caught...think of what it would cost for the ticket and then the jump in insurance. We can't afford that especially since you don't even actually have a license yet"

Honestly I have said these statments at least 5 times each and probably at least once this week already :help:

:no: I gave up :lol::lol: and You forgot the tailgating. My honey just cannnot grasp the concept of one care length for every 10 miles per hour. He says when he's in the car with me he has to drive like at B%#*%. Esp when everyone else is passing us :lol::lol:

Dee, dent worry too much, I was so surprised when Lake first tested, they said he was only reading and doing math at 3rd grade level. I thought WHAT!!! cz I know he is pretty smart, he loves to read, and is VERY good with numbers, at least in his head. He adds so fast in his head, I usually ask him the totals when I grocery shop, etc. I think it just turned out he was very rusty, (like I said so am I) and the vocabulary thing is a case of being around folks that if he ever used bigger words, they wouldn't understand them. So he had no reason to, and it "dammed him up" I guess you could say. Kind sad. Anyhow, its only the third week of taking lessons, and he is doing pre GEED stuff already. Althea vocabulary is tuff, he says he memorizes it, then forgets it pretty much right away. He studies it constantly tho, when he gets home he works on his math or reading for about 3 hours every night. I am surprised and happy he is taking it so seriously, but he grumbles about in his country if you want to go to college, you dent HAVE to go backwards first! Thats how he puts it. :haha:

I'm glad he is taking it seriously as well, He is very smart and learns quickly its too bad he had to drop out at such an early age. I'm sure he will progress fast. When I mentioned the library, he was like why didn't you mention it before so that he could be repaired :huh: telling him that it is a pretest didn't help.

One other issue is that when he speaks broken english at home, my three year old is picking it up. I tried to say it as nicely as I knew how, but he took it the wrong way. Last night he kept yelling (cause he was up stars) at my son to turn the "pipe" off , well after a few times, and he never repsonded, I said tell him to turn the "water down" no it's a pipe :blink: I said well turn the facet down, he's like what's a facet? I'm like he understands "facet" and "water" but not "pipe" We have these issue with the kids often. At times I want to let it go cause I rather not argue, but when my three year old is asking everyone to tie his "next shoe" I start to wonder???

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

oh man...I am just glad I don't have little ones around to pick it up, bad enuff that I have picked up alot of it, I now sounds like I am from somewhere in the boonies of Arkansas if I dont watch myself! :lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
oh man...I am just glad I don't have little ones around to pick it up, bad enuff that I have picked up alot of it, I now sounds like I am from somewhere in the boonies of Arkansas if I dont watch myself! :lol:

:lol::lol:

I picked up those bad habits a long time ago. I get strange looks sometimes :blush: I never thought I would have to "translate" so to speak with Andre and others but I have had to do it a couple times. It's kind of a wierd feeling but there are times when they really don't understand each other even though they are speaking English. The words are just used so different sometimes.

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.