aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good news, Squito just got the letter in the mail for his biometrics appointment. His appt is scheduled for Wedesday, April 5th at 2pm! :dance:

Do I need to go with him? :hehe:

That was quick....congrats!!!

Congratulations Squitto. They are on the ball. Did you see a touch on the e-mail? Maybe they feel bad that they messed up your paperwork.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good news, Squito just got the letter in the mail for his biometrics appointment. His appt is scheduled for Wedesday, April 5th at 2pm! :dance:

Congratulations Squitto. They are on the ball. Did you see a touch on the e-mail? Maybe they feel bad that they messed up your paperwork.

just popped in for a sec....Squitto and richie have the same date and time for their biometrics... see yah there!.

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats to popcorn on Richie's biometrics as well, same day as Squitto's, thats somethin!

Leoschampion, how did Leo's job interviews go yesterday and today?

Lake has his school interview this afternoon. He was lamenting the fact that it was a guy doing the interviewing, he prefers gals cuz he can "charm" them more. Hmmmmphhh! :help:

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Here's a good one.....Roy wants to go to driving school because he is bored sitting at home. I have seen him on his bike -- don't think I am looking forward to seeing him behind the wheel of a car. I called the school and I am very thankful it won't be my car he is driving :lol::whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just popped in for a sec....Squitto and richie have the same date and time for their biometrics... see yah there!.

That's is great Popcorn :thumbs: Good to see you.

Here's a good one.....Roy wants to go to driving school because he is bored sitting at home. I have seen him on his bike -- don't think I am looking forward to seeing him behind the wheel of a car. I called the school and I am very thankful it won't be my car he is driving :lol::whistle:

:lol: I just found Damien a driving school. My heart can't take his driving anymore :help:

I let Roy pull the truck into the garage.....not a good idea. He almost blew the back wall out.....he blamed it on him never driving the truck before. Guess his first time should have been in a parking lot :lol:

After hearing all "your" driving horror stories. There is no way I could do this by myself. Let someone else take the brunt of his Jamaican "spirit."

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline
Squitto...It's all coming together!

Which biometrics appointment was it? EAD or AOS?

it's for AOS, does he have to do another one for his EAD? :hehe:

and how to I sign up so that I can see the "touches" via email?

I'm still waiting for them to cash the check that I sent back last Tuesday, if I get another rejection notice, we'll be trying to get an infopass appt.

That's wassup, looks like we're on the same timeline!! :dance: I don't know if I'll be attending the biometrics appt tho. Maybe you can walk Squito through it in my absence! :thumbs:

No I haven't signed up for touches via email, how do i do that?

Well I just got back from my 1st Weight Watchers meeting....wish me luck I would really like to lose 20 lbs before my wedding....although I have already bought my dress and it might be too big...thats ok though my dad said if i lose weight he would pay to have it altered to fit me, he just wants me to lose weight.

I'm thinking of joining WW for the next 4 months to slim down before my big wedding, let us know ur progress!! Good luck! :luv:

Squito...

to watch your applications do the following.

1. go to uscis.gov

2. click on case status and processing dates under hot topics.

3. Under the Case Status Portfolio with Updates via Email Section click on create a customer profile.

4. accept the agreement and enter your info.

5. then you can see when they've "touched" your file and recieve emails when they have approved things.

we had 2 biometrics. one for AOS and one for EAD. Our AOS one showed up first.

They may let you do both when you are at the office...you have to ask. They didn't let us in Providence, RI but had we been in Boston they would have let us....grrrrr.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Squito...

to watch your applications do the following.

1. go to uscis.gov

2. click on case status and processing dates under hot topics.

3. Under the Case Status Portfolio with Updates via Email Section click on create a customer profile.

4. accept the agreement and enter your info.

5. then you can see when they've "touched" your file and recieve emails when they have approved things.

They may let you do both when you are at the office...you have to ask. They didn't let us in Providence, RI but had we been in Boston they would have let us....grrrrr.

Thanks Darah!! I'll do that tonight when I get home as all of the pertinant info is in my "immigration binder" (i sooooooooo can't wait to throw it in the recycling bin! :thumbs: )

USCIS doesn't seem to be very organized or efficient, why on earth would they require someone to do biometrics twice?? Jeez :blink::blink:

thanks for the info tho :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Ms. Squitto, dont be TOO quick to throw it in the recycle bin, I think you need some of that in order to lift conditions in two years! :help: You can narrow it down a lot tho.

Oh and if you get the NOA for the EAD, hopefully you will be time he goes in...show that to them and like Darah said, they MIGHT process them both. EAD card comes very quickly after you do the fingerprints for that one usually. You usually have to show both APPOINTMENT letters tho. And even then, sometimes they dont. Depends on the local office. Crazy system.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

That is just so stupid to make you come in twice for the exact same thing.....DAH!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to Anthony :dance:

Good evening VJ family,

Good new! Anthony got his driver's license. He has been driving everywhere since he got it. His license expires on April 11, 2006. He will need an EAD or green card to get a license for a longer period. I don't see why they wouldn't give him the amount of time his NOA for the AOS stated the processing time for the application (180 days). That makes more sense but then I don't make the laws.

:lol::lol:

Good morning, everyone!

I just thot I would share, I think its a bit funny. I was discussing interviews with Lake, since they never really had them in his country. Well come to find out, he thinks they are FUN! FUN, can you believe it???

I guess that just goes to show you how starved he is for social contact other than myself! :lol:

Thanks (L)

Happy baby news to you and your husband Sbys....I have two boys have fun :thumbs::star:

Thanks (F)

The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!! :dance::dance:

Congratulations!! :dance:

Wow!! That was fast - congrats :dance::dance:

Thanks Nyseness (L)

The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!! :dance::dance:

Congratulations!! :dance:

Ditto

Congrats to you too Popcorn - and good to see you again :luv:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh :o my that was fast Congrats :dance:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

I hope everyone has a good week.

We are all doing fine. We were able to get our vaccinations at our doctors office, now were are waiting for the supplement form to come in the mail. Should I send our only certified copy of his birth certificate. Will they accept a copy? I hope we don't get into too much trouble for filing late. David went out driving by himself for the first time to a Soccer match last night, this morning he went to his GED class, found his way back without problems :star: He came back asking me how to work problems that I can barely remember how to work, he was somewhat disappointed. He feels he needs to go. Sometimes I want to tell him not to bother with it, cause he's so hard on himself, but I guess it should be his decision to make.

Later Denise

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.