aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Yes, good luck to Leo. I think this should be a super positive week for interviews and starting new jobs. :)

I do wish we had another few weeks we could go camping when the weather warms just a bit.

And I think Turkey hunting season starts in a week or so. Lake loves fishing and hunting, but work comes first. :(

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jill(ChristineJames) how was your trip to JA?

We had a great time. My mom and sis were outta control. I want to go back by myself (in June) so that I don't have to keep an eye on them all the time. You know when rookies go down there how it can be.

The weather was perfect. And Kirk was too. :whistle:;):P:devil::dancing::secret:

Filed: Timeline

We had a great time. My mom and sis were outta control. I want to go back by myself (in June) so that I don't have to keep an eye on them all the time. You know when rookies go down there how it can be.

The weather was perfect. And Kirk was too. :whistle:;):P:devil::dancing::secret:

:D:thumbs: Glad you all had a great time. I'm sure it won't be mom and sis's last time either.

Now more importantly....do tell :whistle::whistle:

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone! Hope Everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Rohan- finally got descent treatment at the hospital. They xrayed his hand and said his hand was broken and some bone shattered. Now this part I dont get...They asked him if he want surgery or a cast :huh: . What person would ask for a cast, but I thought you couldnt fix shattered bone without surgery. Anyway I guess he will wait till he is up here to get some descent medical care for that hand.

I have the same question as Somone, I may have overlooked but I didnt see an answer. How much is that fee the you have to pay to the professional carrier to get your visa. Will they allow you to pick the visa up?

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

:D:thumbs: Glad you all had a great time. I'm sure it won't be mom and sis's last time either.

Now more importantly....do tell :whistle::whistle:

:no::P Lets just say...the feelings are still there. As much as I try to ignore them....as soon as we're together...it feels so right. Nonetheless, can't do anything about it anyhow (banned for 3 years). So, we kind of just talking like we did before. No visa talk at all.

I just realized you are going to Jamrock on my B-day girl! Have a rum punch for me. And then some...if ya know what I mean. ;)

SOOOO...it's been way too long. I can't begin to talk about how busy I've been.

To catch anyone up on our Tourist Visa issue for our daughter/step daughter...the embassy actually called the mother in JA and left a message regarding a reinterview...I'm hoping this means an approval!

I have a question..

Is the only number to call 876-929-4850?

She gave her name but no direct line...DAMNIT!

Let me know. I've tried calling this morning and got nothing. I'm going to take a lunch break at 1:30 and keep going...

D

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening VJ family,

Good new! Anthony got his driver's license. He has been driving everywhere since he got it. His license expires on April 11, 2006. He will need an EAD or green card to get a license for a longer period. I don't see why they wouldn't give him the amount of time his NOA for the AOS stated the processing time for the application (180 days). That makes more sense but then I don't make the laws.

Congrats Anthony :thumbs:

How sweet (L) Hope everything work out (F)

Filed: Other Timeline

Good afternoon all (F)

Good evening VJ family,

Good new! Anthony got his driver's license. He has been driving everywhere since he got it. His license expires on April 11, 2006. He will need an EAD or green card to get a license for a longer period. I don't see why they wouldn't give him the amount of time his NOA for the AOS stated the processing time for the application (180 days). That makes more sense but then I don't make the laws.

Thats weard David's good for one year.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Good luck on finding fresh seafood and produce. Is there a seafood wharf somewhere around? We have one near my job and the prices are reasonable.

There are seafood markets around-no wharf that I'm aware of. The kind of fish that he likes to eat are not the kind you can get around here or not the same name anyway. I was amused that some of animals and birds that are the same ones that we have here are called different names in Jamaica. I saw some birds in JA that I would call 'crows' and my friend told me the name they called them in JA; something similar to the sound the birds make. So maybe we do have the same kind of fish but they may call it a different name there.

Joanna's suggestion to 'seal and freeze' what you find on sale is good. Fish in supermarkets here can be very expensive. I don't like fish or cook either for that matter :o. He does like to cook though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't know how he will adjust to the cooking here, especially my mom's. She does that old fashioned southern style soul food cooking especially on Sundays.

mmm...mmm :thumbs:

Is there a Caribbean grocery store near you? Damien buy his red snapper and king fish from the Caribbean grocery store. The first time he asked for red snapper, we went to the wharf and he didn't see anything he liked. That was my biggest fear before his arrival - what if Damien didn't like American food. I can't cook Jamaican food (or any kind really) but everything worked out. Sometimes I wonder if he eat my cooking because he's too lazy (or spoiled) to cook his own :unsure:

Where is the Caribbean grocery store where you live? Do you know of any closer to Richmond? I may have to drive up there to shop. Anthony only eats fish, vegetables and pizza. I want some Ackee!

Good evening VJ family,

Congratulations to Anthony! I know he must be thrilled.

I have to say it though, to give him a license that expires in a few weeks does not make any sense to me

:no:. I agree with your reasoning and timing Ann.

But still I am happy for him and I know it must be a relief for you too.

I have a long commute to work and don't like driving much more than I have to. Chauffeuring is not my idea of fun.

He is more familiar with the new car than I am. He drove himself to school today but I rode along until we get the insurance coverage for him driving, I can't take chances.

Timeline

Good evening VJ family,

Congrats Anthony on getting your license. Did he drive before in JA? :thumbs:

Good evening VJ family,

Congratulations to Anthony! I know he must be thrilled.

I have to say it though, to give him a license that expires in a few weeks does not make any sense to me

:no:. I agree with your reasoning and timing Ann.

But still I am happy for him and I know it must be a relief for you too.

I have a long commute to work and don't like driving much more than I have to. Chauffeuring is not my idea of fun.

Mine either. Before I retired, I had an hour commute each way. Now that I am home, my sister has severe rhuematoid arthritis and sometimes is in too much pain to drive to her numerous doctors' app. so I have to drive her and my mother doesn't drive, so everywhere she goes I'm the driver, so the idea of adding a third person to drive around is not very appealing, but those are the breaks, you know I won't be complaining, except to you guys :no: .

Anthony is doing very well even though he is left-handed. He drove in Jamaica and fast too. The roads and signs and drivers here are much different though.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good news, Mrs. Squitto, wow!

No, you dont need to go, he DOES have to have the interview letter tho, and passport, etc. All they basically do is take fingerprints and picture. Have him look nice, becuz this is the picture that is on the green card, if its for his AOS biometrics. So thats the pic he is stuck with on his green card for the next several years. :lol:

Lake was very very lucky, his drivers license they went ahead and issued for 10 years. Wow. Now to just get him something to drive and put him on insurance. We were driving Mom's car, but when I suggested him learning to drive in the city and putting him on insurance, she nixed that idea, so I am stuck. :( So I guess I get to be bus driver/chauffeur. I was hoping she would relent after a month or so...but...that and I worry to death bout her, we used to do everything together and now she feels like she doesnt have a reason to live, I can barely get her out of the bed. Mebbe when Lake starts working, I can get her to do more, but now she says she is the "third" wheel. :(

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.