Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That great Kim, I'll be hoping for open-legged babies for you too :D

You guys always make me feel better! :yes:

Hey Kim,

I see you there, how is the pregnancy going, and how are things? Hugs to you.

Hi. Thanks for checking in with me. I was going back and reading what I missed and saw this post to me. The twins are doing well and we find out the sexes on April 11. We are hopiong for one of each!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

UGH!!!!

I am working on taxes. How in the world did those of you file? As having him resident? Non resident? For the ones that got married last year? He only had like 2 months income and it only equalled bout $500 if even that for those two months, so I just have NO idea. I have read the alian tax guide til my head spins..

Oh, good news,... hubby has interview at Lincoln Public Schools on Tuesday, and I THINK its like a placement interview. But...also, the company he was to start at on Thursday ALSO called thursday eve and wondered "what happened" exactly, so they got MY side of the story. HR lady said was totally sympathetic, when I said we felt like we had been "jacked around" and said the staffing agency had NO business doing what they did. They DO use them as payroll AND also the benefits, which holds me back a bit, but the HR lady said they ARE still interested, so if he doesnt get the LPS job, they will keep his paperwork and they will hold the job open next week til we know for sure bout the school job. Real considerate I thought of them. Not sure if they would STILL want him to go thru staffing (kind of temp to hire) or not, but she was a real sweetheart and assured me he wouldnt be working with hot metals or acids or anything like that, so the fact the called to get the scoop really meant a lot to me. To us both. Get this, the staffing agency told HER that he was "no longer interested" in the position. She was going to call them and give them a piece of her mind! So next week, he might have to decide between TWO jobs! lol

Oh and we had small celebration for Leann's passing 28 weeks and 2 days now! Doc said baby SHOULD make it if born now, without TOO many probs! :yes:

And to the upcoming babies, now....dont HIDE from that ultrasound like my niece's does!!!! I swear every time she puts up the hand, as if to say, "Dont bother me, talk to the hand!" She HATES the ultrasound. Weird huh? Her name will be Kelynn Marie. I think thats the final decision anyhow, its the latest spelling her mom has decided on.... :lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline
:D

jasman0717 ~ Do you have something to say or do you just like making faces at us :lol::P:D

Anyway, I am here at work today but only till 12:30pm then I am going to the Bridal Shower....Hope everyone has a good day.

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Good Sunday morning everyone (F) .

Joanna let us know if you get any good ideas from the bridal show.

Has anyone had to deal with picky eaters? Mine likes fresh seafood and produce. Fresh seafood here is not readily available and at the store costs like an arm and a leg. What are some of your men's favorite non-West Indian foods? I know he does eat Chinese and KFC occasionally.

Michele

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone had to deal with picky eaters? Mine likes fresh seafood and produce. Fresh seafood here is not readily available and at the store costs like an arm and a leg. What are some of your men's favorite non-West Indian foods? I know he does eat Chinese and KFC occasionally.

Michele

Good morning.

Michele - Damien liked KFC in JA but will only eat it once in awhile here because he says it's too greasy. His favorite foods so far are Italian (lots of pasta, lasgna, etc), Chinese and soul food. The only American breakfast foods he like are potatoes and turkey bacon sandwiches :huh: . He'll try anything once so I love to introduce new food to him. We used to eat out - McDonald's, Wendys - lots of fast and junk food. We're eating healthier now.

Good luck on finding fresh seafood and produce. Is there a seafood wharf somewhere around? We have one near my job and the prices are reasonable.

Off to the gym. Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Michele

Yeah chinese and KFC for Adrian also...he does eat chicken pizza sometimes...But I am the picky eater, Adrian will try just about anything once...he did like lasagna (sp?) that I made one time.

Michele if you can find a seafood market in your area, then stock up during the time when good fish is avaliable and get yourself a Food Saver and freeze it....I have an old Food Saver that is on its last leg :lol: I use it all the time...I hope to get a new one as a wedding present.

My parents just went to north Florida and went to a great seafood market there and they packed the fish and shrimp for them and all they had to do when they got home was put it in the freezer. Mom said that it tasted very fresh when she went to cook the fish.

Joanna

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax-have a great trip on Monday to Jamaica!!

Michele

Thanks Michele. I will talk to you when I get back next Monday. I can't wait its been so long almost 3 years. It should be fun seeing all my friends and going to work at a couple of High Schools in Montego Bay. Yes, I actual work when I go down so I don't get bored when Dwain is teaching music or in the studio. Maybe he will take me to Sandals to hear him play. He did that once and it was very nice there. I have never ever stayed at a nice resort so its great to see the other side. Well, I am ready to leave this cold weather behind me and they say its spring. right.... Have a good week everyone :)

Have a wonderful trip.

Joanna - have fun at the bridal show.

Michele

Yeah I hope to get some ideas, I have found a lot of stuff online and have pictures saved of things i like...oh yeah that reminds me I should take my camera to the bridal show.

Mom and I had a little dispute last night she wants me to have what she calls a "traditional" wedding cake flavor...I wanted like a pineapple or mago flavored cake and she says no it has to be vanilla flavor (boring) it will look like a "traditional" wedding cake but i wanted some fun flavor in it.

AnywayI am sure there will be more disagreements along the way...she wants everything "traditional" but last night I asked her "What is traditional to you might not be traditional for others"

The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!! :dance::dance:

Yipee!!! :dance::dance:

Has anyone had to deal with picky eaters? Mine likes fresh seafood and produce.

Roy was VERY picky when he got here. But I am forcing him to at least try different things. So far, so good. Most everything he has tried he has liked -- off the top of my head I can't think of anything that he didn't like. He really likes Chinese -- that's mostly what we end up getting if we go "out."

Regarding the fish issue -- it was a problem for us in the beginning. Now, we are buying frozen fish and he has gotten used to it. I NEVER eat fish and found myself cooking it for my dinner last night. He was eating the chicken soup that I made. I think he really LOVES the stocked freezer!!

It's just gonna be hit & miss for a while.....

Mom and I had a little dispute last night she wants me to have what she calls a "traditional" wedding cake flavor...I wanted like a pineapple or mago flavored cake and she says no it has to be vanilla flavor (boring) it will look like a "traditional" wedding cake but i wanted some fun flavor in it.

Joanna -- Push for what you want. It is your wedding. I think people like different things.....some weddings get so boring because they are all alike.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michele

Yeah chinese and KFC for Adrian also...he does eat chicken pizza sometimes...But I am the picky eater, Adrian will try just about anything once...he did like lasagna (sp?) that I made one time.

Michele if you can find a seafood market in your area, then stock up during the time when good fish is avaliable and get yourself a Food Saver and freeze it....I have an old Food Saver that is on its last leg :lol: I use it all the time...I hope to get a new one as a wedding present.

My parents just went to north Florida and went to a great seafood market there and they packed the fish and shrimp for them and all they had to do when they got home was put it in the freezer. Mom said that it tasted very fresh when she went to cook the fish.

Now I'm starving and it's just 9:30 am. :D

Joanna

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Joanna -- Push for what you want. It is your wedding. I think people like different things.....some weddings get so boring because they are all alike.....

Yea I know what you mean, I do not want a boring white wedding, like I said before I want a bunch of color!! I think mom is ok with the color choice...but we do have to compomise...mom and dad are paying for it :whistle:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michele

Trevor has never really had non-West Indian foods. He has eaten fried chicken and fries but from a restaurant in Negril. I got him to try Burger King, only because we were in a hurry, he was sick all night long. I don't know how he will adjust to the cooking here, especially my mom's. She does that old fashioned southern style soul food cooking especially on Sundays.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Michele

Trevor has never really had non-West Indian foods. He has eaten fried chicken and fries but from a restaurant in Negril. I got him to try Burger King, only because we were in a hurry, he was sick all night long. I don't know how he will adjust to the cooking here, especially my mom's. She does that old fashioned southern style soul food cooking especially on Sundays.

Oh yeah I forget Adrian ate a Taco Bell in Hawaii once, I had to tell him over the phone what to order, chicken taco and some spanish rice, he liked it, also we have a Pollo Tropical rest. here in florida which is a fast food place that has caribbean style food and Adrian and I have eaten there several times when we were in Ft lauderdale, he really like that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.