aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:lol::lol: Definitely not a Jr.!! Michael's real name is Lesbert - no way :lol: We're thinking about Elias right now, but open to other names - we'll see how many times we change our minds before he's born.

I have to agree, not going with "Jr" is a good choice :P . Elias is very nice.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!! :dance::dance:

Rhonda - Sorry they are changing your schedule. Don't they ASK you about these things... what if you had some sort of problem like the other lady?

Anna - Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Joanna - I hope you find a hotel you like. Are there are other options for you to look at?

Hope everyone has a great weekend :D(L)

congratulations!! :dance::dance::dance:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

:no::no:

I am so upset and mad :angry: My boss just told me today that starting this Monday, I have to go to afternoon shift :ranting: I HATE afternoons. I will never see Tony or any of my family or friends for that matter. I have had enough of this damn job. The lady that is on 2nd shift now is coming back to days because she has "issues" with her babysitter and her kids. That's not my problem! How come I get punished? Life sucks :angry:

Rhoda:

Have you tried simply telling them no. I find it intrusive and insulting that some jobs think they have this right to uproot you from your fixed schedule. I find simply sticking to a firm but polite " I am sorry , about ______ problems she is facing, however, Im sorry but I cannot change the times I am working on a short notice like this. Are you under some kindah of contract where your employer reserves the right to change you hours whenever they feel like it. Unless you are I dont see how they can fire you, becuase you have other obligations. Of course though you would never want to risk it, not while going through this process.

Unfortunately, the nature of this job is that we have NO say so in what shift we get put on at ALL. :angry: Since we are salary and not hourly, we are not in the Union so we don't have any rights or protection. I was on day shift for the first 3 years, then afternoons for almost a year, then back to days for 6 months, now back to afternoons this Monday :wacko: I HATE this job. I'm really trying to look for another job. The problem is finding one that pays even close to what I make here. I just want something with normal hours - 40 hours a week and NO weekends!!

The results are in: IT'S A BOY!!! :dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::D Any ideas for names yet?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Isn't anybody on here today :( I'm at work and not happy about it :ranting: Joanna, are you working today girl?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

You guys always make me feel better! :yes:

Hey Kim,

I see you there, how is the pregnancy going, and how are things? Hugs to you.

Hi. Thanks for checking in with me. I was going back and reading what I missed and saw this post to me. The twins are doing well and we find out the sexes on April 11. We are hopiong for one of each!

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Isn't anybody on here today :( I'm at work and not happy about it :ranting: Joanna, are you working today girl?

Yes Rhonda I am here at work..where else would I be :lol: ...I am so ready to go home...but tomorrow luckly I am only work 6:30pm till 12:30pm and then going to a bridal show with mom and a friend.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Yes Rhonda I am here at work..where else would I be :lol: ...I am so ready to go home...but tomorrow luckly I am only work 6:30pm till 12:30pm and then going to a bridal show with mom and a friend.

I should have known you'd be here with me :lol: I don't know what "normal" working hours are anymore!

I checked out your bridal registry on Bed Bath - you didn't register for very much! :no: Are you having a really small shower?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I should have known you'd be here with me :lol: I don't know what "normal" working hours are anymore!

I checked out your bridal registry on Bed Bath - you didn't register for very much! :no: Are you having a really small shower?

Well if my mom would stop buying everything on it :whistle: ...then there would be more :whistle: she bought me the bathroom rugs, Food saver and lamp that I wanted already....I have asked for money and Best Buy gift cards from most people...cause we really want a home theater system with surround sound and 5 disk DVD player...and most of my friends and family know we prefer money (for the immigation #######).

So I didnt register for much, I have mostly everything that we need.

I do want a new George Foreman grill and rice cooker, but I think my cousin is getting those for me.

The shower will only be about 10-15 people

Rhonda, How did you look at my registry??? I didnt think you knew my last name :whistle:

Edited by jkb919

Ok well I gave the Embassy a break and didnt call this week, so I think friday wll be a good time to call again...what ya'll think?? I am just going to harass them the way some of ya'll did till they give us a dang interview date!!!!! :D:D

OK Rhonda were did you go??? I am here talking to myself again...have you started your new shift yet or is that this week? What hours will you be working??

Filed: Other Timeline
Condolences to Rhonda and Tony. Hugs to you both.

Guys, I have a dilemma and want your input on it. Ok, I told you Lake had an interview Friday. Ok they then sent him for a medical on Monday, which he passed. They called him later that afternoon, and offered him the job. The company HR is the one that interviewed him. Ok...now, he accepted and was to start tomorrow. Ok, now the HR resource gal told me that we would get a call from another gal and we were to sign some papers there, and get all the details and she would see him on Thursday. Ok, happy day, things are good. Ok, the next gal calls us, and sets up an for appointment today, right? Its a staffing agency...

Ok here is where things get weird. I guess the company itself was hiring up until right around this time, and now they have switched over to a staffing agency/temp company, and so...this lady said its just a formality and all we had to bring was 2 forms of I.D and SSN. Well we get there, and they want us to fill out a whole new app as if we had gone thru THEM. That and the pay is reduced by 1.00 an hour. I was definitately getting a baaaaad feeling about this, cuz this is a company where there is heavy lifting and hot metals and industrial stuff and so its no cake walk, they pay fairly well, but it can be very hazardous, so ....anyone know anything about electroplating???? Also, I saw a guy coming out that passed the safety video test and they were making him sign contracts with them, the staffing agency. I have no idea what kind, but that REALLY made me on edge.

Anyhow, they call Lake back in and I guess he has to watch a safety video and then pass a brief test on. She never told us jack about a test or passing it to work. Well, they grade the test, and she calls us both back into a room and proceeds to tell us that he failed the test and you cant retake it for another 3 months.. She said he answered the hard ones correctly which is what everyone misses, so it was obvious he knew his stuff, but on the first question they asked to answer what safety equipment could cover...and had a whole bunch of check marks. Well he thot they wanted ONE answer, and so instead of checking every box, only checked the one he thot most appropriate. But that question was counted wrong for every box not checked, and there were like 9 or more of them. So it made him miss like 8 just on the one question. She even told us it was obvious that he just misunderstood how to answer it. Sorry but they couldnt place him and they wouldnt allow exceptions bucuz then they would have to do that for everybody. (The girl really had an attitude) Lake was hot, he told me never said anything about having to pass, they just threw the video in and she gave him the paper and said "here, fill this out" and left the room. He was plumb smoking all the way home, but in a quiet way.

Well here is where it gets good. This lady called back at 3:45 and told me...well...she had talked it over with the other staff and since it was obvious he had just misunderstood the question, well..they would allow him to watch the video again and retake the test. Could getting there before 5 to do this, be convenient?

Now I was pretty irritated myself bout this whole thing, but asked Lake and he said ok....whatever.

THEN ...I was having SUCH a bad feelin bout the whole damn thing, my sis walked in the door and I was telling her bout the whole situation and she said to HELL with that, and my nephew things I am crazy letting him work at dangerous job (poor Lake, all this while he was getting dressed, for the 4th time today) and so he comes up and I tell him how I feel. I say its up to him, but I DONT have a good feeling and usually staffing agency's mean little to no benefits, or greatly reduced anyway. He says he doesnt wanna die young working with acids and boiling metals either, sooo, I decide to call the staffing agency lady back and tell her forget it, we were pretty irritated with the treatment, and he had another job interview next week anyway.

She said, VERY snidely "WELL, we were just offering that as a COURTESY, we dont normally ever do that, so...we were doing HIM a favor by allowing it"...then "if he changes his mind, let us know"....YEA like I will let THAT happen. Now, I didnt even get the dirt on what kind of contract he would have had to sign, or what benefits he would have gotten. You guys think I did the right thing? I feel so badly for him, like I pulled the rug out from under his feet. He WAS so looking forward to starting work tomorrow.

Altho he had a REAL good interview with the public school system today, and goes for a second next week. It would be custodial but it doesnt mean he has it yet.

I just want allyour input. That stupid lady acted like she was doing an immigrant a favor. I HATE that attitude. The company HR person herself (the one that actually interviewed him) was really sweet, I dont know what happened with getting hired directly by the company, which we THOUGHT was happening, but somehow we got in right at transitional to staffing agencies. I thot staffing places were in charge of finding workers, how come they hired him, THEN sent him there? Crazy!

Anyhow, I am gonna go console my honey, I will be interested in your responses.

Jill

I should KNOW not to try to start a new job, or do ANY paperwork whatsoever during mercury in retrograde. Wait about 3 days before sending anything off, guys, for sure.

Hello everyone

Everything happens for a reason. I know he's disappointed but...I would just let go. Who wants to work for a company that operates like that anyways :no:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jax-have a great trip on Monday to Jamaica!!

Michele

Thanks Michele. I will talk to you when I get back next Monday. I can't wait its been so long almost 3 years. It should be fun seeing all my friends and going to work at a couple of High Schools in Montego Bay. Yes, I actual work when I go down so I don't get bored when Dwain is teaching music or in the studio. Maybe he will take me to Sandals to hear him play. He did that once and it was very nice there. I have never ever stayed at a nice resort so its great to see the other side. Well, I am ready to leave this cold weather behind me and they say its spring. right.... Have a good week everyone :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.