• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're both pulling for a boy, but I really feel that it is a girl. We'll be happy either way :luv:

How exciting!! Do you and Michael have any preferences as to the sex of the baby?

Thanks (L)

YAY!!! :dance::dance: We got an approval email for our EAD today. Says we were approved on 3/16 - Michael is soooo excited :dance::dance:

YAY Michael :dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello all (F)

Can anyone tell me if I need to supply the from for the vaccination supplement, or will the civil surgeon all ready have it... and also is there a list of the required vaccinations some where. David has a Dr's appointment tomorrow and I am going to try and get them then and just have the Civil surgeon fill out the required paper work only thing is I'm not sure what all he needs to have done. We have the Immunization record from the medical exam in Ja, I want to make sure they give him all the shots needed..I hope that made sense (L)

Denise

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Lots of trips to Ja WOW :crying: I'm jelious...Have fun.!!!!

Congrats on all the good news:

Jill

Tenika

Eric

Good luck Kelly!!!

Reflections :cry: was on point!!!

good afternoon

We sooooooooooooooooooooo need this :blush:

Beat Stress Together!!

Your spouse can be the one to cause you stress, but often he is the only one who can help you chill out. Here are 9 ways to de-stress as a duo (some might even make you laugh your stress away!).

Hug it out

Give your partner a hug after a long day at work. While you embrace, rub each other's upper back with your fingers and knuckles. Massage in between shoulder blades and spine.

Share it

Spend time debriefing about your day, taking turns sharing how things went. Each of you should talk for at least two minutes. When your partner is sharing, try not to interrupt. Simply listen with all your attention. Having separate time to vent will make you feel heard and acknowledged, and will release some of that hot air that’s been brewing inside you.

Spoon her

Lie together, one behind the other. Focus on taking long, deep breaths in unison. No need to talk; let the physical contact and deep breathing relax both of you. This works magic if you are not getting along or are feeling overwhelmed.

Give mini massages

Have your partner sit in a chair, and stand behind it. Give a massage like a pro, applying pressure with your forearms on the muscles between the neck and shoulders. Ask if it feels good. When finished, switch positions.

Steamroll him

Have your partner lie face down on the carpet or a futon. Lie on your partner's midsection so your bodies form a plus sign. Roll your body up and down your partner's body. Ease up on your weight around the knees. Ask if your weight feels okay.

Re-connect

It's important to acknowledge your partner for the many wonderful things you offer each other. Take turns talking about all the qualities that you love about the other. Begin your sharing with "I love how you..." or "I love when you." Recognizing your partner makes him (and you) feel cared for and loved.

Put your feet together

Have your partner lie face down on the carpet or a futon. Place a pillow under his feet. Stand by your partner's feet and face away. Walk your heels on up the soles of his feet. Ask if he likes your foot pressure.

Dance it off

If you both feel worn out from a hard day, play some dance music and shake a leg together. Inspire each other to higher levels of enthusiasm and cardio exertion. Whatever was bothering you before you started dancing will vanish instantly.

Give a rub down

This is the world's easiest massage technique. Have your partner sit up in a forward bend. Make sure his legs are stretched out in front. Lie on your back about two feet behind your partner's back. Lift your heels up and place them on your partner's upper back. Rub your heels on the sore muscles between your partner's shoulder blades and spine. Ask if the pressure feels good. Switch positions.

:thumbs:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all (F)

Can anyone tell me if I need to supply the from for the vaccination supplement, or will the civil surgeon all ready have it... and also is there a list of the required vaccinations some where. David has a Dr's appointment tomorrow and I am going to try and get them then and just have the Civil surgeon fill out the required paper work only thing is I'm not sure what all he needs to have done. We have the Immunization record from the medical exam in Ja, I want to make sure they give him all the shots needed..I hope that made sense (L)

Denise

Hey Denise. How are you? Dave? and the kids? The civil surgeon office we went to already had the form but I print it off just in case. Take care.

-Have any of you regretted or doubted your decision once your SO was here?

-Are things just not what they were when you were still in the LDR?

-What do you think makes someone change their mind so quickly?

My two cents:

No dought's here. :P

Things are just what they were if not even better, because he's here to put his words/ love into action. I am truly blessed. Things are not absolutely perfect, but nothing worth having comes easy. I am not sure what makes someone change their mind, other than not knowing who they are them selves before starting into a committed relationship before hand. the LDR aspect of our relationship gave me plenty of time to sit and think. I am grateful for it.

Filed: Timeline
YAY!!! :dance::dance: We got an approval email for our EAD today. Says we were approved on 3/16 - Michael is soooo excited :dance::dance:

WWWAAAHHHOOO....Congtats....I am sure Micheal is happy now :dance::dance:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Hello all (F)

Denise

Hey Denise. How are you? Dave? and the kids? The civil surgeon office we went to already had the form but I print it off just in case. Take care.

Good.....I'm stressed. I feel sort of bad for David cause he wants to work so bad, we went to Jiffy Lube to get an oli change, there was a help needed sign in the store, so he asked, the guy told him all he need was a drivers license so he got a job application, was ready to take it back when I told him that they would not hire him without work auth, well he did not believe me, cause the guy said all he would need was a DL and wanted me to ask if they would make an exception. So I feel bad, he was so dissappointed. So I'm trying to get the paper work in the mail. The kids are good. My daughter is driving me crazy.

Printed it off from where by the way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all (F)

Denise

I took the form and instructions that say if you had a medical for the K-1 that you do not need a complete medical only the supplement. The civil surgeon had the form but.

WWWAAAHHHOOO....Congtats....I am sure Micheal is happy now :dance::dance:

Congratulations Michael! Anthony and I are waiting for Bio for EAD and AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey people, i posted this over again. i thought i would be coming back on here with some good news. but im not, my husband failed because the blood test found weed in his system. so i have no idea what is next. and thats were things are right now. im still in disbelief after all this time. ok later. thanks for asking anyway..what advice do you have on this?

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

I-130 Approved 08-03-2005

Received DS-3032/I-864 08-05-2005

Pay I-864 Bill 09-10-2005

Received I-864 Package 09-18-2005

Visit Hubby 09-29-10-04-2005

Return Completed DS3032 10-08-2005

Receive IV Bill 10-29-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Receive Instruction Pkg 11-28-2005

Case Complete at NVC 12-29-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Packet Received 02-17-2006

Interview Date 03-16-2006

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

I found form I-693.....What should I get from our doctor other than proof of the required Immunizations ???? Just wondering... I plan to send it off the the Dr. Micheal OKeefee that Jamie used, there are so many more items on the form other than immunizations, will he be able to complete the form without seeing him? I guess I'm asking you Jamie Thanks.

Timeline
hey people, i posted this over again. i thought i would be coming back on here with some good news. but im not, my husband failed because the blood test found weed in his system. so i have no idea what is next. and thats were things are right now. im still in disbelief after all this time. ok later. thanks for asking anyway..what advice do you have on this?

It appears the board went down while I was responding. I suggest the first thing you do is get him cleaned up.

I have a question, is this a K-3 or the CR-1. There is an available waiver now. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-690.pdf Though I have never heard of anyone successfully using it. I believe you would be in a better position if this is the K-3, I find the wording very hopeful, to the point it might not even be needed. It states if the attending physician determines that the drug abuse/addiction is in remission you are no longer considered inadmissible.

This could come into play during the physical for the CR-1. This is of course what I am hoping for, see my timeline below.

Proff of seeking medical assistance for the issue would probably be good if there is a short period on time between attempts. Once approved you can sit on the I-130 for a year withough doing anything. But of course you should not have to wait that long.

My wife should have her phyisical this week. I fly down Tuesday. 2nd Interview (IR-1) this time, on the 7th of April. This has dragged on so long she will not have to deal with the Conditional Permanent Residency.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear your bad news :( ....I am glad Eric checked in to help you out...he had the same issue in his wifes case...I hope the info he posted will help you out....

Take care and hang in there :(

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline

Did they tell him anything about a 3 year ban, that used to be the policy, and could be still. Back in 2004 there was no waiver available. So things have changed somewhat. Check back here on the 8th or 9th of April, I I'll have some kind of update. I moved back to JA a couple months after the wifes visa was denied. There was available waiver back then.

I think it would be good if we can get a warning about this issue pinned somewhere on this board, this seems to be the biggest reason for denial of a Visa from Jamaica... Gee I wonder why.

I always wondered how the rasta defense would go. Hey mon it's part of my religion. I always though it was absolutely rediculus, that back then you could get a waiver for HIV, but those devils that smoke Ganga we don't want them in our country. Funny thing is it's now using the same form as HIV.

I'm worried about this myself, this time around as it is before the 3 years are up. I plan on having the completed waiver form with me at the interview just in case.

I wish you luck, and I hope you do not have to deal with the seperation that this caused my wife and I.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.