aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, everyone I have finally gotten everything back and am ready to begin this process. I just have one question to find out whether this will be a problem. I have changed my name on all of my documents to my first name, maiden name and last name. When I sent the paperwork to have my passport changed, it was sent back with my first name, middle name, and married name. Will this be a problem since all of my other id's and documents use my maiden name as my middle but the passport uses my real middle name. I am planning on mailing everything first thing Monday a.m.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::D:dance::P:dance::D:dance::P:dance:

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I got an interview date, this has got to be a record in processing time. I filed January 30, just March 7. DS 230 dropped off, And my interview is APRIL 13TH Less than 3 months after filing, this seems like a record.

Great news Tenika. :star: Indeed this does seem like a record. I hope everything works out for you.

Lee

Just got off the phone with the Embassy. NIckiesha has an Interview on April 7th. Now if I can just extend my stay that long... It's a couple days longer than I have vacation time left.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Eric. you can officially begin the countdown now. :yes::yes::yes:

All the best.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I pray that none of you will go through what Damien and I are going through - USCIS ordering a background check when you're so close to being finished :ranting:USCIS will see our pretty brown faces again next week. This is draining.....

Keep your chin up and do what you have to do!! I really have to do some research beyond K-1 filing; but I have to ask why would they start doing background checks so late in the 'game' so to speak?

After I complete my taxes I really have to study up and :guides::yes:

Keeping you in my thoughts...

Good morning. I have no idea why USCIS is doing this. We did everything the right way - no overstays, no RFEs, no denials, no arrests or criminal records, he got a job a week after receiving his EAD. We aren't the only ones -more people on the AOS thread are going through the same thing. On the flipside, I wish they could take their time so we won't have to lift conditions (2nd part of AOS process) in October - 90 days before our second year anniversary. So MAYBE Damien will get his 10 year card instead of a conditional green card. Wishing thinking.

Although we are beyond frustrated with the AOS process - I'm glad we decided on the K-1. I honestly don't think I have the strength to leave my husband (oppose to fiance) in JA. A long distance relationship is one thing but a long distance marriage is another. We orginially planned a wedding in JA until I met a few Jamaicans who were married to Americans for a year or two and still waiting for their visas. Or some didn't get a visa at all - I don't know why but it scared me.

And I'm glad Damien and I are going through this together including sharing the cost. If he stayed in Jamaica I would broke traveling to see him, more calling cards and I would have the responsibility of filing everthing on my own. Just my opinion.

Have a wonderful weekend. I'm on my way to take Damien to work and daughter to tutoring, go get weighed in :o, go the hairdresser and get my done nails. Take care.

Good morning everybody

I am unhappy because I'm at work and I really didn't want to work today :crying::angry: I need 2 days off from this place to relax and get things done around the house. To top it off my boss waited until 2:00 yesterday afternoon to tell me that I had to come in today! Talk about short notice.

Hopefully some of you will check in today so I won't be on here all alone :P Joanna, are you working today girl? Holla :D

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everybody

I am unhappy because I'm at work and I really didn't want to work today :crying::angry: I need 2 days off from this place to relax and get things done around the house. To top it off my boss waited until 2:00 yesterday afternoon to tell me that I had to come in today! Talk about short notice.

Hopefully some of you will check in today so I won't be on here all alone :P Joanna, are you working today girl? Holla :D

You're not alone :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everybody

What do you think???? Of course I am working today....I swear I have been working everyday...but one day that will come to an end and I will have every 2 days off...just bustin butt trying to save....I am hoping we will have at least $5,000 saved before Adrian returns to JA for his interview :yes: .. I am so bad at saving but lately I guess since we have a goal I am doing pretty good at saving. Plus since Adrian might be getting a promotion on the ship, that will help out.

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is just a mini vent, but all the talk of centralizing got me thinking. why do people filing through dallas get the opportunity to adjust their status and receive a greencard within 90 days. that's lets me know that it can be done, so why not just make it that simple and quick for EVERYBODY :angry:

Some people AOS cases are transferrd to CSC then approved without an interview. Their green card just show up in the mail. They are lucky.

Edited by sjb1221

This is just a mini vent, but all the talk of centralizing got me thinking. why do people filing through dallas get the opportunity to adjust their status and receive a greencard within 90 days. that's lets me know that it can be done, so why not just make it that simple and quick for EVERYBODY :angry:

Some people AOS cases are transferrd to CSC then approved without an interview. Their green card just show up in the mail. They are lucky.

Good Luck , I hope you hear something soon...we all know the pain of this process...and I know I have a lot more to come.

What do you think???? Of course I am working today....I swear I have been working everyday...but one day that will come to an end and I will have every 2 days off...just bustin butt trying to save....I am hoping we will have at least $5,000 saved before Adrian returns to JA for his interview :yes: .. I am so bad at saving but lately I guess since we have a goal I am doing pretty good at saving. Plus since Adrian might be getting a promotion on the ship, that will help out.

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend

I just wish I had the option of working or not working. Because I'm not in the Union here (I'm salaried) we just get TOLD what we're doing. We don't get a choice :angry: I don't mind working some Saturdays but it would be nice if it were up to me when I worked :yes:

Sounds like you guys are doing pretty good at saving $$$ Yes, it definately helps to have a specific goal in mind :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning guys, hope everyone is doing ok. I got package 4 recently and i have my interview schedule for 3rd of April, so i tried to make an appointment for the medical but the doctor's office keep putting me on hold when i call so i plan to go directly to the doctor's office monday morningand make the appointment.

Remove Condition

Oct-04-2008 filed I-751

Oct-20-2008 NOA from VSC of I-751

Nov-11-2008 Received date for biometric for

Mar-10-2009 Transfered to CSC

May-27-2009 Green Card approved

File Citizenship {N-400}

Nov-14-2009 Mailed N-400 application

Nov-24-2009 Check cashed

Nov-27-2009 Rec'd NOA in mail, dated 11/23/2009

Jan-04-2010 Rec'd Interview date in mail

Feb-02-2010 Interview date

Apr-21-2010 Oath Ceremony

Good morning guys, hope everyone is doing ok. I got package 4 recently and i have my interview schedule for 3rd of April, so i tried to make an appointment for the medical but the doctor's office keep putting me on hold when i call so i plan to go directly to the doctor's office monday morningand make the appointment.

Good Luck Robert, Glad to hear that things are going pretty smoothly for you (except for being put on hold :blush: ). Keep us updated, your interview is only a couple weeks away...let us know how it goes :thumbs:

Joanna

Good for you Robert. Where do you have to do your medical? Make sure you get your appointment in plenty enough time before the interview. Only a couple more weeks to go!! Will you be coming "home" right after your visa is issued or will you wait a little while?

...just bustin butt trying to save....I am hoping we will have at least $5,000 saved before Adrian returns to JA for his interview :yes: .. I am so bad at saving but lately I guess since we have a goal I am doing pretty good at saving. Plus since Adrian might be getting a promotion on the ship, that will help out.

Good plan Joanna :thumbs:. You're fortunate that you are able to work that much OT and that you get paid for it. I have some money saved up but with the cost of living here and taxes I wonder how long it will last if he doesn't get a job right away :unsure:. I've been thinking about getting a second job since his :wacko: work schedule won't allow him to look for a second job(if there were any jobs available in the first place). You already know...this process will drain you financially and emotionally :( .

Looks like I'm on a "smilie" kick today :P

...just bustin butt trying to save....I am hoping we will have at least $5,000 saved before Adrian returns to JA for his interview :yes: .. I am so bad at saving but lately I guess since we have a goal I am doing pretty good at saving. Plus since Adrian might be getting a promotion on the ship, that will help out.

Good plan Joanna :thumbs:. You're fortunate that you are able to work that much OT and that you get paid for it. I have some money saved up but with the cost of living here and taxes I wonder how long it will last if he doesn't get a job right away :unsure:. I've been thinking about getting a second job since his :wacko: work schedule won't allow him to look for a second job(if there were any jobs available in the first place). You already know...this process will drain you financially and emotionally :( .

Looks like I'm on a "smilie" kick today :P

Yes I am very fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work OT if I choose to. I usually live paycheck to paycheck, so I have to say I am very proud of myself for the money we have saved so far. I just want to be able to have some extra money when he gets here so I dont have to work so much OT and can spend time on our relationship. I am usually a shopaholic but since I have been working so much it has kept me out of the stores :yes::whistle:

Okay, everyone I have finally gotten everything back and am ready to begin this process. I just have one question to find out whether this will be a problem. I have changed my name on all of my documents to my first name, maiden name and last name. When I sent the paperwork to have my passport changed, it was sent back with my first name, middle name, and married name. Will this be a problem since all of my other id's and documents use my maiden name as my middle but the passport uses my real middle name. I am planning on mailing everything first thing Monday a.m.

Aside from your passport, are the other "documents" that you're talking about legal documents or are they forms or other non-legal items? If there are any legal changes to your name send in copies of those documents/passports with your application; here in Connecticut we have to have legal name changes(marriage, divorce if you change your name back to your maiden name, or legal name changes) recorded in the town we live in. For my application I would be sending a copy of my passport, my divorce decree, and my legal name change after my divorce. Of course since you're married you would have to send your CMC too. Hopefully they will "get it" but you never know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.