aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They force you to use vacation time??? I worked for GM for 13 years, I always collected unemployment and Sub pay. I never took a vacation. They closed the plant in 89.

Yes, my first year they gave me 10 vacation days and made me use 9 of them during the first two weeks in July! :o We didn't have to use one for the actual July 4th - just the other 9 days!!

Now I think I get 12 1/2 days and then I purchase 5 more so I have 17 1/2 altogether. Still gotta use 9 in July though. It sucks. I would rather be laid off for 2 weeks.

This must not be a UAW position.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....and Jamie, those puppies are so cute! Are they giving you guys any problems?

It's 60 degrees here today -- cloudy and suppose to rain a little later on....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
christine...jealous of your trip, even though I just got back...

i have to ask, could this be the reignition of a JA relationship....???

Ummm, I don't think so. We havent spoke in a while....but he does know I am heading down there. And we've chatted a little bit here and there just recently....but I still can't get over that 3 year ban!!! :no::bonk:

I am single and who knows if I will be in 2008!?!?!? :P

Only a year and a half away. You gotta be in the right mind set to go through all that again. And I just don't know ladies.

Only time will tell. :whistle:

You gotta be in the right mind set to go through all that again. And I just don't know ladies.

You can say that again :whistle: You'll make the right decision when (and if) the time comes....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Ummm, I don't think so. We havent spoke in a while....but he does know I am heading down there. And we've chatted a little bit here and there just recently....but I still can't get over that 3 year ban!!! :no::bonk:

Only a year and a half away. You gotta be in the right mind set to go through all that again. And I just don't know ladies.

Sounds like the Ganga ban, there is a waiver now. And if the Doctor doing the Physical determines you are in remission from previous drug abuse you are no longer considered inadmissable.

My wife had the same problem.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline

Sounds like the Ganga ban, there is a waiver now. And if the Doctor doing the Physical determines you are in remission from previous drug abuse you are no longer considered inadmissable.

This is crazy, smoking the occasional splif doesn't make you a drug abuser...but I'm not trying to be that up again. It just sound so crazy to me. :lol:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline
Squitto -- What about the rum?????

:lol::lol::lol: hell i don't know what that means, that's what Squito told me one night when I had a stomach ache. Have you ever seen my big fat greek wedding and how the father felt that windex was the cure for everything? well that's how yardies are about their rum :D

Shemanya - Welcome back! Glad you guys had a great time :)

Jme - Congrats to you and Andre on your EAD :dance:

Rhonda - Sorry to hear that you guys got sick on your trip, but glad you enjoyed your vacation otherwise

Jill - I'm jealous, bring back some sun for me ok chica!! Enjoy it, you deserve it honey :luv:

Joanna - Congrats on getting that ds form outta your hands. Hope you get a May date :thumbs:

We still haven't sent in our AOS forms yet (his 90 days expired on Saturday) but Squito went to the civil surgeon last Friday and they did some blood work to verify was vax he has already. He went back for his results today and he got a tetanus shot (poor baby's arm is so sore). But anyhoo, he got his vax supplement filled out and our package is ready to go. Will be shipping it off tomorrow... :dance:

Timeline

Ummm, I don't think so. We haven't spoke in a while....but he does know I am heading down there. And we've chatted a little bit here and there just recently....but I still can't get over that 3 year ban!!! :no::bonk:

I had read that earlier. Again, I just don't know if I could go through that all again. I'm sure if I had the means to see and even talk to him more this wouldn't be an issue. Since I bought my home, my finances are not what they use to be. Therefore I can not travel to see him as much as I did and would like to.

I agree Anna....its a joke. Go figure.

Timeline

Ummm, I don't think so. We haven't spoke in a while....but he does know I am heading down there. And we've chatted a little bit here and there just recently....but I still can't get over that 3 year ban!!! :no::bonk:

I had read that earlier. Again, I just don't know if I could go through that all again. I'm sure if I had the means to see and even talk to him more this wouldn't be an issue. Since I bought my home, my finances are not what they use to be. Therefore I can not travel to see him as much as I did and would like to.

I agree Anna....its a joke. Go figure.

Well we will know soon enough if this actually works. My wife is waiting on an Interview date now. IR-1, the original petition filed before the K-3. Of course if all goes well, since now we have been married over 3 years she should get her green card and SSN sent to her within a couple weeks after arriving.

Edited by eric_drewry

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

As you can see I am new to the site, I am really glad to have found it. please read me and my fiance story under OUR STORY.

I have a question for all you who have experience with the Kingston embassy. I am scheduled to go to Jamaica for an event in April, however I just found out they wont be scheduling interviews till May. I am trying to get advice on whether it is better to cancel going to this event I really want to go to and of course getting to spend time with my Boo or forgo it to spend a few days with him in May and go to the interview with him. Is the interview process tedious, Is it something he can do on his own? Do I really need to be there? Is it more difficult to get through somehow with me not there. AS YOU CAN SEE, my head is whirling with questions. Please give me your feedback, as you all have some experience.

Thanks

Tenika

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
Hey Everyone!

As you can see I am new to the site, I am really glad to have found it. please read me and my fiance story under OUR STORY.

I have a question for all you who have experience with the Kingston embassy. I am scheduled to go to Jamaica for an event in April, however I just found out they wont be scheduling interviews till May. I am trying to get advice on whether it is better to cancel going to this event I really want to go to and of course getting to spend time with my Boo or forgo it to spend a few days with him in May and go to the interview with him. Is the interview process tedious, Is it something he can do on his own? Do I really need to be there? Is it more difficult to get through somehow with me not there. AS YOU CAN SEE, my head is whirling with questions. Please give me your feedback, as you all have some experience.

Thanks

Tenika

Welcome Tenika,

I would recommend you go to the interview. If you can get one of those cheap fares on Air Jamaica or Spirit, you may be able to do both. We have a travel agent called Luvtravelin on VJ so maybe she can help you plan both. Feel free to ask any questions--the only dumb ones are the ones not asked.

Hey Everyone!

Thanks

Tenika

I would definately go to the interview with him. YOU being there is the best "proof of relationship" that there is :yes: Some of the couples who weren't there with their fiance didn't get approved right away or had some issues. It just seems more legit if the fiance (you) is there for the interview also. Just my opinion. So if you can do it, I would be there with him.

They force you to use vacation time??? I worked for GM for 13 years, I always collected unemployment and Sub pay. I never took a vacation. They closed the plant in 89.

Yes, my first year they gave me 10 vacation days and made me use 9 of them during the first two weeks in July! :o We didn't have to use one for the actual July 4th - just the other 9 days!!

Now I think I get 12 1/2 days and then I purchase 5 more so I have 17 1/2 altogether. Still gotta use 9 in July though. It sucks. I would rather be laid off for 2 weeks.

This must not be a UAW position.

Eric,

No, I'm not in the UAW - I'm a production supervisor. They have also changed the rules for the UAW though. Now the first week they are given holiday pay and the 2nd week they have to use their vacation time. It was something negotiated in the contract awhile back.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Goodmorning everyone,

Hope you all have a great day!!

Adrian's DS-230 form should reach the embassy today...keeping my fingers crossed for a May interview date....If we get the interview date in May then I think our wedding date will be July 9th, I checked out a few hotels where we might do the ceremony and reception and they said that if I put down a deposit and something comes up and we need to change the date there would be no extra charge to change the date. So that is good to know, as soon as we get the interview date, mom and I are going to check out some places :yes: .

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.