05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David is watching Superman for the 4th time, like it's his 1st.... drive's me insane :blink:, it dosen't matter what movie he'll watch it over and over, He's yelling at the screen, like he dosen't know whats going to happen next :lol: Keeps asking me to watch with him, It's the very first one to make it so bad, I don't have to tell you how many times I've seen superman 1. :wacko:

I feel your pain :yes: Some Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays - I'm stuck watching WWE wrestling and the NBA channel almost every night. I REALLY dislike watching them both. But he has to watch Will & Grace with me or a Lifetime movie :whistle:

Ditto :yes: Tony is obsessed with action movies - anything with Jet Li or Jackie Chan or the James Bond movies - he will watch them over and over again :wacko: Drives me crazy! The only night I get the remote control is on Sundays to watch Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy! Usually, the rest of the week I sit with him but I read a book or magazine ;)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Alright everyone!! Hello!! Did you think I fell off the face off the earth!!! Oneil and I are good. He is adjusting to everything pretty well. He even loves the cold! Can you imagine. Sometimes I have to tell him to where a warmer coat, but he says he is fine in the lighter one!! Meanwhile I am freezing! Actually, its been warm here in Minnesota for this time of year.

So help me understand something! AOS. Do you have to send in the EAD with the AOS package. If you dont sent it in is it going to be forever until you get approved to work??? I am just thinking do I have to pay another $180.00 when the work Auth would be approved with the AOS. I am confused, probably because I have done this before and it was different then.

And whoever is in MN, how long did it take to get an EAD approval?

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Jamie and Andre....

YES!

I love it. I'm so happy for you both. Let us know how the job hunting goes.

Go out and celebrate. and remember...you have so much more coming your way.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Well I finally got through to the embassy and they said that since I already have the DS-230 form filled out and signed by Adrian to over night it to them and they will set an interview date, as Eric already said they have already made April interviews so I will probally get a May date :dance:

They said they mailed packet 3 out on Fed. 21st and that people are having problems not recieving them in the mail, but she did say that someone can go and pick it up for him, which is a good thing.

So tonight I am going to Fed ex to get the DS230 form on its way to JA...

I am happy now...a few more months and he will be here....I know you all know how I feel.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Our trip was wonderful. Damien was so happy to see his family and friends. We spent quality time together - it felt like we fell in love all over again. We had dinner with my mother, aunt and Damien's father and brothers - it was very nice. He was a little emotional at the airport. He made out of JA with no problems with the AP but they made him wait 45 minutes in Fort Lauderdale so we missed our flight to DC - after waiting in line for almost an hour because part of the airport was closed so 6 international flights landed at the same time. US Airways booked us on the next flight with no problems. I miss JA already.

Welcome back Shemonya, glad you had a wonderful time!!

Hey everybody :star:

I'm back from my trip and back to work. I'm going to try to catch up now :reading:

Welcome back Rhonda, details, details please.....

Good Morning!!!

Wanted to share the good news...Praise God! :dance::dance::dance:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card.

Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status

results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from

USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National

Customer Service Center.

ational Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you

received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I am so excited and Andre is jumping off the walls...It's so great to get good news :yes::yes:

Congrats, Jamie and Andre

David is watching Superman for the 4th time, like it's his 1st.... drive's me insane :blink:, it dosen't matter what movie he'll watch it over and over, He's yelling at the screen, like he dosen't know whats going to happen next :lol: Keeps asking me to watch with him, It's the very first one to make it so bad, I don't have to tell you how many times I've seen superman 1. :wacko:

I feel your pain :yes: Some Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays - I'm stuck watching WWE wrestling and the NBA channel almost every night. I REALLY dislike watching them both. But he has to watch Will & Grace with me or a Lifetime movie :whistle:

Ditto :yes: Tony is obsessed with action movies - anything with Jet Li or Jackie Chan or the James Bond movies - he will watch them over and over again :wacko: Drives me crazy! The only night I get the remote control is on Sundays to watch Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy! Usually, the rest of the week I sit with him but I read a book or magazine

Desperate Housewives(yuck). Grey's Anatomy :yes:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

christine...jealous of your trip, even though I just got back...

i have to ask, could this be the reignition of a JA relationship....???

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Congratulations Jamie & Andre!!!! That sure seemed fast =-= at least to me. I am so excited for you guys!!! :thumbs:

Congratulations Joanna!! I think the interview will be in May. Yipee!!! :jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back Rhonda.

Shemayna glad you had a wonderful time.

Congrats Jamie & Andre!! :dance:

Great news Joanna!!

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the well wishes :dance: I hope he can find a job soon but I don't know if he can get one before he learns to drive. We practice the driving thing almost every day yet he is just not getting it...I am not sure why to be honest. I know he will get it in time but driving is just not his thing.

Glad you had a nice trip SJB. I bet Damien was so glad to be back with the family.

So how did you like DR Rhonda? Did Tony like it? Do you regret going there and not going to JA?

i have to ask, could this be the reignition of a JA relationship....???

hmmmm :P:whistle::whistle::innocent:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Alright everyone!! Hello!! Did you think I fell off the face off the earth!!! Oneil and I are good. He is adjusting to everything pretty well. He even loves the cold! Can you imagine. Sometimes I have to tell him to where a warmer coat, but he says he is fine in the lighter one!! Meanwhile I am freezing! Actually, its been warm here in Minnesota for this time of year.

So help me understand something! AOS. Do you have to send in the EAD with the AOS package. If you dont sent it in is it going to be forever until you get approved to work??? I am just thinking do I have to pay another $180.00 when the work Auth would be approved with the AOS. I am confused, probably because I have done this before and it was different then.

And whoever is in MN, how long did it take to get an EAD approval?

You have to send in the EAD with the AOS because you when you file EAD you want to file as "pending adjustment of status" and not as a K1 reciepient. If you were to file under the K1 (without filing AOS) you would get an EAD that was valid only for the length of the K1 visa (90 days) which is basically pointless and a waste of money.

As for how long it is taking for EAD approval...it doesn't matter where you live. All applications are sent to Lee's Summitt, MO (NBC) via the Chicago lockbox and they are all dealt with there. They are only dealing with the Adjustment of Status and Biometrics stuff at the local offices.

Well I finally got through to the embassy and they said that since I already have the DS-230 form filled out and signed by Adrian to over night it to them and they will set an interview date, as Eric already said they have already made April interviews so I will probally get a May date :dance:

They said they mailed packet 3 out on Fed. 21st and that people are having problems not recieving them in the mail, but she did say that someone can go and pick it up for him, which is a good thing.

So tonight I am going to Fed ex to get the DS230 form on its way to JA...

I am happy now...a few more months and he will be here....I know you all know how I feel.

Congratulations :dance::dance: I will be praying for the 1st of May :yes::yes::yes:

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations :dance::dance: I will be praying for the 1st of May :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks Jamie, I already took off work May 14th - June 4th in hopes that we will get a May interview...but the 1st part of May would be even better and I can always change my vacation time at work.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for your help! Congrats on the DS-230. My girlfriend also went through the same thing. They said theres was mailed Jan 7th and never received. She finally had him go pick them up. Its crazy.

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Our trip was wonderful. Damien was so happy to see his family and friends. We spent quality time together - it felt like we fell in love all over again. We had dinner with my mother, aunt and Damien's father and brothers - it was very nice. He was a little emotional at the airport. He made out of JA with no problems with the AP but they made him wait 45 minutes in Fort Lauderdale so we missed our flight to DC - after waiting in line for almost an hour because part of the airport was closed so 6 international flights landed at the same time. US Airways booked us on the next flight with no problems. I miss JA already.

Glad to hear you and Damien had a good trip. I am looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.