aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Now, I've heard of pre-nuptial agreements but this one REALLY takes the cake. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0217062contract1.html You WILL not :no::o believe how bizarre this is.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Now, I've heard of pre-nuptial agreements but this one REALLY takes the cake. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0217062contract1.html You WILL not :no::o believe how bizarre this is.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Lee

:no::no::o:o

What a crazy man...I can't believe she married him :huh:

Timeline

Talking about some serious issues!

Lee

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

Filed: Timeline

Have a GREAT weekend.

Lee

Hello All,

My goodness that is the craziest thing I have ever seen, I would have laughed in his face if he would have handed me that :yes:

I was talking to a friend the other day that just became a Chaplin and we were talking about mine and Adrians relationship, and he asked if we were going to get some pre-marital counsling? I had thought about it a little in the past and after this conversation with my friend I really started thinking about it and asked Adrian if he would go....to my surprise Adrian said yes he would go to pre-marital counsling with me if I wanted to. I think I am really going to look into it, since our relationship is not the "norm" and we have a lot of obsticals to overcome I think we could really benifit from it.

My question is...Has anyone gone to or thought about Pre-marital counsling?

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline

We went through "pre marital counseling" after we got married since Andre was only here for a week or so before we got married. We both really liked it and benefited from it. I would HIGHLY recommend getting some sort of marriage counseling - either before or after. Marriage is hard and then throw in immigrating and adjusting plus the cultural differences...counseling is very beneficial in my opinion. Like I said we did it and we are very glad we did...we learned a lot. We also know have a pastor who knows us and knows our situation and we can go to at anytime with our issues.

Edited by Jme3584

Ladies,

As promised, although terribly late. I am posting my AOS cover letter. Hope it helps.

D

<Today’s Date>

To: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. BOX 805887

Chicago, IL

60680-4120

Ref: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

!-485 Adjustment of Status Application for:

Husbands Full Name (A#xxxxxxxxx)

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following I-485 package with supporting documentation to register for permanent residence.

1. This cover letter.

2. Application fee of $315.

3. Biometrics fee of $70.

4. Form I-485.

5. Copy of <Husband’s name> passport identity page.

6. Copy of <Husband’s name> K-1 Visa and Port of Entry stamp.

7. Copy of I-797 approval notice for K-1 visa.

8. Copy of <Husband’s name> I-94 front and back.

9. Copy of <Husband’s name> birth certificate.

10. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

11. Two passport photos of applicant <Husband’s name>.

12. Form G-325A for <Husband’s name>.

13. Sealed Envelope containing Vaccination Supplement to Form I-693.

14. Form I-864 Affadavit of Support

i. current letter from <Your name> employer

ii. 2004 taxes

iii. 2003 taxes

iv. 2002 taxes

Also enclosed in this package, you will find my application for employment authorization (I-765) with all supporting documentation and application for advance parole (I-131) with all supporting documentation.

Thank you for your assistance in processing my application. I have attempted to be complete and organized in respect for your time. Any originals submitted are NOT expected to be returned. If you have any questions, please call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

<Today’s Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following Employemnt Authorization Form I-765 with all supporting documentation.

1. Fee of $175.

2. Form I-765.

3. Copy of <Husband’s name> K-1 Visa and Port of Entry stamp.

4. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

5. Copy of I-485 for eligibility for employment authorization.

Thank you for your assistance in processing my application. I have attempted to be complete and organized in respect for your time. Any originals submitted are NOT expected to be returned.

<Today’s Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following Advance Parole Form I-131 with all supporting documentation.

1. Fee of $165.\

2. Form I-131.

3. Copy of <Husband’s name> passport identity page.

4. Copy of I-797 approval notice for K-1 Visa.

5. Copy of <Husband’s name> I-94 front and back.

7. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

8. Copy of I-485 for eligibility for advance parole.

Thank you for your assistance in processing my application. I have attempted to be complete and organized in respect for your time. Any originals submitted are NOT expected to be returned.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

Jamie - did you send in a copy of just your shots record from the medical appt in Kingston, or did you send a copy of that and vaccination records?

I don't think D brought his vaccination records from home, just his medical info from the Kgn appt (but that does have listed all the shots he got done, all eleven of them :blush:). Will that suffice for AOS packet or should we have Mommy send the vaccination records via mail from JA?

Jonesie~ About the question...are you meaning did we send those to with the AOS or send them to the civil surgeon?

If he has the one from the medical in Kgn with 11 shots that sounds pretty sufficient to me.

Edited by Jme3584

Jonesie...sending your foreign vax records doens't mean anything to these people. you have to have a us civil surgeon sign for those vax. that's where the supplement comes into play. we took the vax card in, she signed for the ones he had in JA and she administered two more that he needed. it cost about $80 for everything and we were given the supplement copy and sealed to mail in with AOS.

Also, the good thing about the AP documents are...vacation oportunities..emergencies that could come up...we had to get it just in case something every happened with his daughter. we wouldn't want to not be able to go down just becuase of some stupid document.

just my opinions.

d

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Okay Girls -- regarding filing for the AP when you file the AOS. What are the pros and cons. We are not planning anything (soon) in Jamaica. I would rather not spend the $$ it costs to file now....but, if I don't, how long do you have to wait. I know I should know all this stuff.....

We didn't file for AP. We had no intention of traveling out of the US and if an emergency were to come up we would just emergency file AP. If you don't file AP you have to wait until you have the green card to travel outside of the US. The time it takes to get the green card all depends on your local office. Our local office is taking about 5 months to get the interview for green card so we didn't see the necessity of AP...now if you were going through ATL where it is taking YEARS for an interview I would have gotten AP. If I were you I would save your money!

Jonesie...sending your foreign vax records doens't mean anything to these people. you have to have a us civil surgeon sign for those vax. that's where the supplement comes into play. we took the vax card in, she signed for the ones he had in JA and she administered two more that he needed. it cost about $80 for everything and we were given the supplement copy and sealed to mail in with AOS.

Also, the good thing about the AP documents are...vacation oportunities..emergencies that could come up...we had to get it just in case something every happened with his daughter. we wouldn't want to not be able to go down just becuase of some stupid document.

just my opinions.

d

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

There is no way around the civil surgeon :no:

Filed: Timeline
Ladies,

As promised, although terribly late. I am posting my AOS cover letter. Hope it helps.

D

<Today’s Date>

To: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. BOX 805887

Chicago, IL

60680-4120

Ref: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

!-485 Adjustment of Status Application for:

Husbands Full Name (A#xxxxxxxxx)

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following I-485 package with supporting documentation to register for permanent residence.

1. This cover letter.

2. Application fee of $315.

3. Biometrics fee of $70.

4. Form I-485.

5. Copy of <Husband’s name> passport identity page.

7. Copy of I-797 approval notice for K-1 visa.

8. Copy of <Husband’s name> I-94 front and back.

9. Copy of <Husband’s name> birth certificate.

10. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

11. Two passport photos of applicant <Husband’s name>.

12. Form G-325A for <Husband’s name>.

13. Sealed Envelope containing Vaccination Supplement to Form I-693.

14. Form I-864 Affadavit of Support

i. current letter from <Your name> employer

ii. 2004 taxes

iii. 2003 taxes

iv. 2002 taxes

Also enclosed in this package, you will find my application for employment authorization (I-765) with all supporting documentation and application for advance parole (I-131) with all supporting documentation.

Thank you for your assistance in processing my application. I have attempted to be complete and organized in respect for your time. Any originals submitted are NOT expected to be returned. If you have any questions, please call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

<Today’s Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following Employemnt Authorization Form I-765 with all supporting documentation.

1. Fee of $175.

2. Form I-765.

3. Copy of <Husband’s name> K-1 Visa and Port of Entry stamp.

4. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

5. Copy of I-485 for eligibility for employment authorization.

<Today’s Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed the following Advance Parole Form I-131 with all supporting documentation.

1. Fee of $165.\

2. Form I-131.

3. Copy of <Husband’s name> passport identity page.

4. Copy of I-797 approval notice for K-1 Visa.

5. Copy of <Husband’s name> I-94 front and back.

7. Certified copy of <Husband’s name> and <Your name> marriage certificate.

8. Copy of I-485 for eligibility for advance parole.

thanks for posting, i'm putting ours together now!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know we need to send medical forms to civil surgeon - but I wasn't sure if we should send the medical form from Kgn AND vaccination history from JA to be sure that we didn't get RFE.

He got every shot on the list before his medical to come here so shouldn't we be good for no more shots? Or should we not take that chance of hoping and take him to doc (civil surgeon) to be sure?

Okay Girls -- regarding filing for the AP when you file the AOS. What are the pros and cons. We are not planning anything (soon) in Jamaica. I would rather not spend the $$ it costs to file now....but, if I don't, how long do you have to wait. I know I should know all this stuff.....

We didn't file for AP. We had no intention of traveling out of the US and if an emergency were to come up we would just emergency file AP. If you don't file AP you have to wait until you have the green card to travel outside of the US. The time it takes to get the green card all depends on your local office. Our local office is taking about 5 months to get the interview for green card so we didn't see the necessity of AP...now if you were going through ATL where it is taking YEARS for an interview I would have gotten AP. If I were you I would save your money!

just my opinions.

d

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

There is no way around the civil surgeon :no:

Congrats Roy and Mindy (L)(F)

TGI FRIDAY :dance: everyone

SJB - have a great time in JA :)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Hello All,

My goodness that is the craziest thing I have ever seen, I would have laughed in his face if he would have handed me that :yes:

I was talking to a friend the other day that just became a Chaplin and we were talking about mine and Adrians relationship, and he asked if we were going to get some pre-marital counsling? I had thought about it a little in the past and after this conversation with my friend I really started thinking about it and asked Adrian if he would go....to my surprise Adrian said yes he would go to pre-marital counsling with me if I wanted to. I think I am really going to look into it, since our relationship is not the "norm" and we have a lot of obsticals to overcome I think we could really benifit from it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Joanna

Joanna, I would have certainly laughed in his face too. :yes::yes:

About the pre-marital counseling...I didn't have it before my first marriage but it's something I would surely participate in now. Like Jamie said, Marriage is hard and then throw in immigrating and adjusting plus the cultural differences...counseling is very beneficial in my opinion.

Lee

Timeline
Jonesie -- Thank you!!! I just ordered HypeTv. You know, there is always a catch.....I have to have an International Dish installed. It just never ends with them. So, it's gonna cost $16.10 for the dish, installation is free (right!) and HypeTV is $9.99 a month. They wanted to come tomorrow :lol: HAH...sorry, I've got bigger plans!! :dance:

Thanks!!! :thumbs: Andre is SOOOO excited and can't wait. I think it is well worth the money to have that island connection :P:dance: Ours is getting installed on Monday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.