aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rita - Congrats on your wedding. You look so different! I can't want to see more pics :)

Different?!?!? I hope you mean in a good way LOL!! :blush: I have the colored prints of my pics...just not the disc. I must admit I look better in color :P I have all my AOS paper filled in....just have to have hubby sign it. I still need to make some copies then stick it in the mail.

Does anyone have the phone number I can call and get transcripts of my tax returns?? Silly me didnt make copies of the ones I got for the Embassy and they kept them.

Respect,

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rita -- I just did this (again) the other night. Last time I did it all over the phone - computerized. This time I couldn't do it that way -- that option was gone. I think because it's tax season.....here are two phone numbers. I can't remember which one I did finally get through on -- but it wasn't the one I used when I did this before (in October).

1.800.829.1040 or 1.800.829.3676

You can also go to: www.irs.gov

The trick this time -- at least for me -- was to get to talk to a live person. Once I did that, it was all good. BUT, it was really frustrating until I could actually get to a human on the other end of the phone :blink:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rita - Congrats on your wedding. You look so different! I can't want to see more pics :)

Different?!?!? I hope you mean in a good way LOL!! :blush: I have the colored prints of my pics...just not the disc. I must admit I look better in color :P I have all my AOS paper filled in....just have to have hubby sign it. I still need to make some copies then stick it in the mail.

Does anyone have the phone number I can call and get transcripts of my tax returns?? Silly me didnt make copies of the ones I got for the Embassy and they kept them.

Respect,

Rita

It's 1-800-829-1040

Hi Ladies & Eric,

Good luck Jamie & Jill.

Can't wait to see pics from Mindy & Jonesie. I also want to see the color pics too Rita.

ChristineJames (Jill)...Good to see you around. How's the house?

As for me I'm doing all right. Just finished eating some Boston Market.. I swear I am so sick of eating mashed potatoes but that's the only thing that seems less painful. I went to the dentist and I personally think he made a mistake. My left side of my mouth/bottom lip is still numb and discomfort at times. He told me if it doesn't get better in a month or so he might want me to have reconstructing surgery but we'll see b/c this doesn't make any sense. My smile is crooked now and it looks funny. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion because something ain't right.

The good news though, I lost a total of 30 lbs. I've been working out and taking some aerobic classes at the local YMCA. I've been drinking a lot of tea lately so who knows if that's helping. It's just too hard to eat at times and drinking something warm feels a whole lot better.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
As for me I'm doing all right. Just finished eating some Boston Market.. I swear I am so sick of eating mashed potatoes but that's the only thing that seems less painful. I went to the dentist and I personally think he made a mistake. My left side of my mouth/bottom lip is still numb and discomfort at times. He told me if it doesn't get better in a month or so he might want me to have reconstructing surgery but we'll see b/c this doesn't make any sense. My smile is crooked now and it looks funny. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion because something ain't right.

The good news though, I lost a total of 30 lbs. I've been working out and taking some aerobic classes at the local YMCA. I've been drinking a lot of tea lately so who knows if that's helping. It's just too hard to eat at times and drinking something warm feels a whole lot better.

I am so sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the pain/discomfort. It seems to have been quite a while. How long has it been? Feel better soon. (F)

Lee

About tomorrow.......I'm not getting too nervous yet. My friends are now fighting with each other about who is going to go with us. We can only have six people (not counting us) and they all want to attend. I am totally staying out of it.

Our clothes are all ironed (thanks Jonesie!) and we are ready. One of my friends is getting us flowers and another is taking the pictures. I have my something old, new, borrowed and blue.....I think we are pretty good. Roy is cleaning the house today to keep himself occupied. He is REALLY nervous.

After the ceremony we will be going to lunch -- then I have to come back to work. Just for the last hour of the day so I can clean up any messes that happened while I was otherwise "occupied" :lol:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I will let you all know what stupid thing I do -- 'cause you know something will happen. And I PROMISE -- pictures will be posted on Yahoo!!

Mindy, please refresh me...will you have a big wedding later? I hope your ceremony tomorrow is even more special than you ever imagined.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline

Respect,

Rita

oh no honey, you look great!!! you just look very different than in your other pics. I can't wait to see the color one :dance::dance:

Squitto.

I did exactly what jamie did...and I wouldn't have done it any other way. Especially with you being in the NY area...I mean any delays would just hurt so badly with the horibble wait there for interviews. Just do it.. it's not that much more money and it's well worth it.

D

we just made an appt at the civil surgeon for tomorrow at 2pm. The charge is $145 for everything. I don't want to risk an RFE, this process is already stressful enough!! Thank you all for all your help!!!! :thumbs:

I'm trying to do the same thing too. So far, I haven't had much luck with getting through to the doctors just to talk to someone. I was on hold with one of them for 15 minutes....I gave up. That is my job today. Trying to find one. Roy only got two shots in JA -- I want this over and done with!!

Squito only got two shots too, and they took the support documentation at the embassy, i wish we'd made a copy of it before we turned it over, oh well :unsure:

Squit - we're in the same boat (massive wedding planning) - have you sent AOS out yet?

nah, not yet, just had the affidavit of support notorized today, made color copies of Squit's passport and other stuff. he's doing the vaccinations tomorow so we'll over night it so they have it first thing monday morning (his 90days is up on saturday) i think we'll be aight.

Are you filing for AP?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Squit - I don't think we're filing AP...still not sure yet.

Were filling out all the forms as tedious and stressful as filing for K1? I am so not looking forward to starting this paperwork :(. Our 90 days are up on April 7th so my goal is to be postmarked by March 31.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the pain/discomfort. It seems to have been quite a while. How long has it been? Feel better soon. (F)

Lee

Hi Lee, I got them removed on 2/10 and speaking to several ppl that went through the same thing I should have been better by now. Granted most of them took out two at one time but still there is no reason for this. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

Were filling out all the forms as tedious and stressful as filing for K1? I am so not looking forward to starting this paperwork :(. Our 90 days are up on April 7th so my goal is to be postmarked by March 31.

So far it hasn't been that bad. We're now considering doing the AP because we want a real honeymoon in July...

Lee

Hi Lee, I got them removed on 2/10 and speaking to several ppl that went through the same thing I should have been better by now. Granted most of them took out two at one time but still there is no reason for this. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Sorry to hear that you are not yet fully recovered. I had a nightmare experience with having my wisdoms removed. My surgeon severed a nerve and I lost all the feeling in the lower right quarter of my mouth. :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So far it hasn't been that bad. We're now considering doing the AP because we want a real honeymoon in July...

Lee

Sorry to hear that you are not yet fully recovered. I had a nightmare experience with having my wisdoms removed. My surgeon severed a nerve and I lost all the feeling in the lower right quarter of my mouth. :blush:

Hi VJ family,

Just checking in. We are having a beautiful sunny day here in Richmond. It is a bit windy but still like a spring day. Our AOS and EAD was touched yesterday but no change in status. We need a blessing so Anthony can go back to work.

Hey Mrs Squitto - I actually called USCIS about that. They recommended to do what you are doing - just send nothing and if you get an RFE, then you can send the vaccination supplement at that time. The guy said to do it that way because some officers (who are doing the processing, I can't remember what they are called) RFE it and some don't.

I called around to civil surgeons to see how difficult it would be to get it in the first place, I found a really nice place that made it simple so I decided to get it done and send it with the original submission so we wouldn't have a chance of an RFE. That and I was afraid of it passing through and then getting to the interview and have them request it and I didn't have it.

any assistance with the vaccination supplement question will be greatly appreciate :thumbs:

Good morning. We didn't include our vaccination supplement with our AOS petition. Luckily, we got it filled out before our interview because the officer asked for it. She said our petition would be imcomplete without it.

I'm trying to do the same thing too. So far, I haven't had much luck with getting through to the doctors just to talk to someone. I was on hold with one of them for 15 minutes....I gave up. That is my job today. Trying to find one. Roy only got two shots in JA -- I want this over and done with!!

Good luck. I called twenty doctor offices before I found one. It was an hour drive but worth it. And they only charged us $11.

All packed? I hope you and Damien have a great trip to Jamaica. I wish we could join you.

Lee -- Tomorrow will be it. Neither of us wanted something big. Rather save the money and spend it on ourselves :hehe:

Okay Girls -- regarding filing for the AP when you file the AOS. What are the pros and cons. We are not planning anything (soon) in Jamaica. I would rather not spend the $$ it costs to file now....but, if I don't, how long do you have to wait. I know I should know all this stuff.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
Lee -- Tomorrow will be it. Neither of us wanted something big. Rather save the money and spend it on ourselves :hehe:

Mindy, I really don't blame you about having a small ceremony. Whenever/wherever I get married, it will be small and intimate too. Please have a beautiful day. It doesn't take a crowd to make your day special. Just knowing that you're joining lives with the man you love and who loves you and sharing that day with a few of those closest to you is all it takes to make it memorable.

Lots of Love (L) and Blessings to you,

Lee

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

Timeline

Marsha (desperatewife), where are you? :unsure: How's school? I hope everything's going well.

Lee

Good Morning Everyone -- I'm at work (just for a little while) and wanted to check in. So far, I am not too nervous. I think Roy is -- he kept getting up all night......it's kinda cute. :P

Just really wanted to thank you all for your good wishes. I know I have said it plenty of times before but, I don't know how I would have made it this far without you guys. I am truly, truly happy to have found VJ and all of you. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart (L)

I do have to come back to work later in the day so I will try to check in and give you all the details.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.