• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

True :thumbs: If he accumulates any time "out of status" then he can not leave the country until he has the green card as the time out of status will trigger a ban if he tries to come back into the US from another country.

:( , but I don't think we'll be able to go back to JA until next year, so that's okay, I guess, US Virgin Islands here we come ;)

None in our area :(

How about putting in a city close to you. That's what I did. There is one 2hrs. from my home. Might be worth it. :luv:

Jamie best wishes on your biometrics tomorrow!

Good Luck tomorrow, Jamie

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

True :thumbs: If he accumulates any time "out of status" then he can not leave the country until he has the green card as the time out of status will trigger a ban if he tries to come back into the US from another country.

:( , but I don't think we'll be able to go back to JA until next year, so that's okay, I guess, US Virgin Islands here we come ;)

None in our area :(

How about putting in a city close to you. That's what I did. There is one 2hrs. from my home. Might be worth it. :luv:

Jamie best wishes on your biometrics tomorrow!

Good Luck tomorrow, Jamie

Ditto Jamie! I know you are ready.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie...Good luck tomorrow. :yes:

Michele, how's your honey feeling? Did he go to the doctor?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all,

Dee, aren't you near the KC area? I just put in MO for the state and retrieved a whole list of Civil Surgeons but not sure exactly where you are. Don't panic girl, its not THAT bad.

A bunch in KC and one in Independence, etc. I thought you were in Kansas City but I may be wrong on that.

Anyhow, girls, make SURE you ask the doc for a COPY of that immunization record they put in the sealed envelope. Most of them shouldnt have a problem with this, after all, you ARE paying them. I have heard horror stories anywhere from doctors doing them wrong and the innocent couples being denied at AOS, to simply having them "get lost" somehow in the USCIS system. So Get a copy and Make SURE its filled out correctly. Its a simple form, make sure your honey's info is correct. The doctors are supposed to have this form and they should NOT charge an arm and a leg for it. Call around. Oh and when making the appointment make sure and tell them its for USCIS Adjustment of Status, etc. Our doctor knew exactly what we were talking about, even tho he is scattered brained as all get out.

I was late wishing Rhonda and Tony to have fun on their trip. Elizabeth, sorry to hear of the recent probs, and here is praying Henry gets a job soon.

Kimone, miss seein you on here, I know your honey isnt from JA but neither is mine and it doesnt stop me. :lol:

Oh and I will try to get a pic of that ring for you guys if I ever get a digital camera, working on it, but right now we are workin on all that gathering of paperwork, interview is friday. Eeeks.

Take care and hello to all, I know I have forgot a lot but I am scattered this week.

Jill

Oh and to P.S, class just might be a joke, but we will give it some time, they just basically gave him a workbook with no examples, and then checked marked all he got wrong and never told him WHY, etc. Now HOW are you supposed to learn THAT way???? NO examples? I know this is true becuz I was right there and I have looked over the workbook. Sigh, I think a bunch of retards are running our program!

Oh and as far as niece in law, she hits 25 weeks tomorrow so we JUST might make it. She got steroid shots on Monday, still on bedrest in hospital and grumpy as heII! :lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning! Happy Thursday!

Its cold... very cold... in London this morning. Snow flakes at the beginning of March. This can't be for real. And poor hubby working outside in the cold, while I sit in a fairly warm office taking to the VJ fam! Life isn't fair sometimes!

Mindy: God's blessings on your special day tomorrow. I will log into Yahoo to see the pics soon. I pray that it is a day of great happiness.

Dee: A few months ago Mr P had the hiccup thing (I know David is probably over this now, but if it comes back...) and my mum has this natural remedy book. Guess what was suggested to cure the hiccups? Half an orange! After four days of "noise in my head", an orange cured it.

Congrats - again - on all the news babies and weddings etc. And all the not so good news, take comfort in the fact that I think and pray for all the VJ fam.

This is my last day at work this week and won't be back in until Tuesday. Thank God for annual leave!

Take care all, and have a good weekend when it rolls round.

MsP - the UK link

"... but the greatest of these is love" Corinthians 13

Filed: Timeline

Lee

Thanks for thinking of me Lee. He did go to the hospital and they gave him antibiotics(injection) and muscle relaxants(for uncontrolable shaking) and a few days off work. He's feeling a little better but is very tired. I found out that the reason he doesn't like going to doctors is that he's afraid of shots. He knows that I go to the allergist and get injections every couple of weeks and he asked me if I cried when I got them. :o He has bad allergies too and I'm afraid that when he arrives here he will develop new allergies and have to get injections too. I better research natural remedies :P

Ms. Parker good to see you back. We have a snow storm coming in today in Connecticut (near New York City). We're expecting 5"-8" of snow. :(

Please keep in touch!

Jamie and Jill good luck on your interviews this week.

Mindy-thinking of you too! Can't wait to see pics.

Michele

Dee- try not to stress out too much. Can Dave help you with the paperwork?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lee

Thanks for thinking of me Lee. He did go to the hospital and they gave him antibiotics(injection) and muscle relaxants(for uncontrolable shaking) and a few days off work. He's feeling a little better but is very tired. I found out that the reason he doesn't like going to doctors is that he's afraid of shots. He knows that I go to the allergist and get injections every couple of weeks and he asked me if I cried when I got them. :o He has bad allergies too and I'm afraid that when he arrives here he will develop new allergies and have to get injections too. I better research natural remedies :P

Ms. Parker good to see you back. We have a snow storm coming in today in Connecticut (near New York City). We're expecting 5"-8" of snow. :(

Please keep in touch!

Jamie and Jill good luck on your interviews this week.

Mindy-thinking of you too! Can't wait to see pics.

Michele

Dee- try not to stress out too much. Can Dave help you with the paperwork?

Hey Michele,

I know how he feels about shots, I'm the same way. I rather get a tatoo than a shot :lol:, glad he's feeling better.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
Hey everyone (F)

Together, AnnTaylor, Luvtravlin, Christine, Tank, Doodle - how are you all ?

Am I forgetting anyone? If so, please charge it to my head and not my heart (still catching up)

Jonesie, good to know you're doing fine. I'm good. Just getting more confused :wacko: as I try to figure this all out. Thanks for checking. Pray for a Sistah!

Lee

Jill, glad to know that your niece and the little one are hanging in there. Good luck at your interview. :yes:

Lee

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

Timeline

Lee

Michele

Michele, good to know he's feeling better. He is just too cute...wanting to know if you cry when you get shots. Forget the allergy shot...what is he going to do if he has to go through allergy TESTING when he gets here :crying::help: . Now, that is going to be something! I went through the testing some years ago and if they still do it the same way...OUCH and ITCH! :crying::crying:

Lee

Filed: Timeline

Good morning all!!

Hey does anyone know how to delete pictures from your album on the yahoo group....I could not figure out how to so I just deleted the whole album and added a couple of the pictures back...I amnot sure how many pics we can all add but I wanted to delete a few of mine to make way for the weddings pics that people are going to add....hopefully soon we will have some more wedding pics of Rita & Tashi, Jonesie and Mindy and Roy!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Squitto.

I did exactly what jamie did...and I wouldn't have done it any other way. Especially with you being in the NY area...I mean any delays would just hurt so badly with the horibble wait there for interviews. Just do it.. it's not that much more money and it's well worth it.

D

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

I'm trying to do the same thing too. So far, I haven't had much luck with getting through to the doctors just to talk to someone. I was on hold with one of them for 15 minutes....I gave up. That is my job today. Trying to find one. Roy only got two shots in JA -- I want this over and done with!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.