aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Welcome Back Ms Parker,

We have missed you!!! I was wondering what happened to you...glad to hear things are well with you and the Mr.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning. :help: Question... What do you think about someone getting married at the same place (church, chapel, etc.) the second time around as they did the first? Is it tacky, insensitive, etc?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Good morning. :help: Question... What do you think about someone getting married at the same place (church, chapel, etc.) the second time around as they did the first? Is it tacky, insensitive, etc?

Lee

WOW that is a tricky questions....as for myself I dont think I would do it...I would want it to be some where different. (just my opinion) ..but if both of you are comfortable with it then I guess it is ok.

Joanna

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lee

It depends. My sister-in-law got married in the same church the second time around because she was chrisened and baptized in that church. It's the church she has belonged to all of her life. All of her friends and most relatives belong to that church. I saw nothing wrong with it . :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Together...Thanks for making me feel less bad about the current drama in our immigration path. Here is what I've figured out in the past 24 hours.

By placing the daughters name on the DS230 we make her eligible for a K2. Meaning she would still have to go through everything our men do (i.e. Medical, all the DS forms for the embassy, police record and interview) before they would give her the K2. However, placing her name on the DS230 like we did has put her into the system as "intending to immigrate" and therefore they cannot issue her a B2 visa. We are essentially in their eyes trying to do two things at once. The worst part about the whole thing is that we have no intention of bringing her into the country on a K2 and don't intend for her to immigrate until she is the appropriate age to do so. Therefore, we are trying to withdraw the current petition so that the B2 application can be reassessed. I have drawn up a letter to my congressman explaining all of these details and they are goign to add a letter of support and fax it to the embassy. A follow up phone call will come next and then we'll see what happens. Worse comes to worse, we will wait for the K2 thing to expire (which is June) and appeal the decision on the B2 with new supporting evidence that she is not immigrating at this time...and would just like to vacaction with her daddy in the US.

What a pain in my a$$. I will let you know what happens. D

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

I have a feeling it is going to be quiet in here this week since Rhonda wont be here....we need to really talk alot so she will come back and have a lot of pages to read :devil::reading: LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a feeling it is going to be quiet in here this week since Rhonda wont be here....we need to really talk alot so she will come back and have a lot of pages to read :devil::reading: LOL

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

I should be able to pop in and out this week...if we could get a good discussion going :whistle:

Hi VJ Family...I've been very scarce lately, but this have just been very busy for the Squitos. I'm in the final stages of the AOS (his 90 days expires on Saturday) and I hope to make the rest of the copies this afternoon to send out his package tomorrow. I tried to do as much a catching up as possible:

Mindy - Are you all set for Friday? I hope all goes well for you guys, congrats! You better take pictures!!! :devil:

Joanna - No packet 3 love yet huh? Well good luck...you guys will receive it soon.

Jamaica to CT - As for the loaded question. I could write a 100 pages on all of the problems, issues and adjustments. From the money issues, to the culture issues, to the racism issues, to the immigration issues. Girl we've had it all, and my baby's only been here 3 months. We take it one day at a time. There's so much that he does not yet understand and it's going to take some time for him to fully adjust. I often have to pray for the Lord to soften my heart and give me some patience because it is not an easy situation at all. But were are dealing with it the best we can. He still does not have a job yet and that is depressing him greatly, but we're praying on that too. That's all we can do at this point.

Rhonda - I hope you and Tony have a great trip!! Soak up some sun for me, it's supposed to snow in NYC tomorrow :blush:

Jme - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It's nice to know that we are not the only ones going through certain things. I will continue to keep you and Andre in my prayers. I'm so glad you touched on the needs vs. wants issue. We struggle with it daily...

Rita - Congrats on your wedding. You look so different! I can't want to see more pics :)

Shemanya - Have a great trip. You guys really deserve it!!

Eric - Squito wants a razr too, I told him he better buy it himself :lol:

Mrs. Parker - (((((Hugs))))) Welcome back love, glad to hear all is well on your end. Please don't be a stranger and I hope you guys have a GREAT time in Kenya. Please take pics!!!

Darah - Sorry for the frustration you're experiencing right now with the Tourist Visa. I vowed never to deal with the Kingston Embassy again but now I'm in the midst of helping Squito's mom and sister apply for a tourist visa to attend our big wedding this summer. I don't think his sister will get it but his mother is a prime candidate. I will keep you and Henry and his little girl in my prayers. Something will work out...

For those of you that have filed for AOS, what did you do about the vaccination supplement. It only states that you "may" submit it with the AOS application but it doesn't require it. Squito told me that they took his vaccination forms in the packet at the airport. We're hoping to just send off what we've got and hope for the best. I pray that we don't get an RFE.... :unsure:

I want to stop dealing with this immigration madness. It really takes a toll on you. I'm also full swing with planning our big wedding and that takes up most of my free time. I'm really looking forward to it but it's a labor of love. There's so much to do, I feel like July 15th is coming too fast!! I can't believe it's already March!!! Sorry for the long post... :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodnight, and respect to all the yardies here that are coupling and linkin up. My husband is on the

last part of his journey. He have his medical exam to do and still he dont have all of his shot it seems.

Does anyone know were he can get them done before he go to the embassy doctor. he has been told

that the rest of his shot will cost him 7000ja. So if you know anything let me know about it. thanks & peace to everybody stay strong.

I'm not exactly sure where he can go. It depends on where he lives. I would check to see if they have a health dept. in his area. Also, if he can't find one, they will give him all the shots he needs at his medical appt. You will just have to pay a little bit more possibly.

Best wishes on your interview!!

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

I-130 Approved 08-03-2005

Received DS-3032/I-864 08-05-2005

Pay I-864 Bill 09-10-2005

Received I-864 Package 09-18-2005

Visit Hubby 09-29-10-04-2005

Return Completed DS3032 10-08-2005

Receive IV Bill 10-29-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Receive Instruction Pkg 11-28-2005

Case Complete at NVC 12-29-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Packet Received 02-17-2006

Interview Date 03-16-2006

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Timeline

I'm not exactly sure where he can go. It depends on where he lives. I would check to see if they have a health dept. in his area. Also, if he can't find one, they will give him all the shots he needs at his medical appt. You will just have to pay a little bit more possibly.

its seems that is how it goes ;) hopefully he will be st8 after all this and can fly home to me. (L) thanks

Together for your reply

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Timeline

Goodnight, and respect to all the yardies here that are coupling and linkin up. My husband is on the

last part of his journey. He have his medical exam to do and still he dont have all of his shot it seems.

Does anyone know were he can get them done before he go to the embassy doctor. he has been told

that the rest of his shot will cost him 7000ja. So if you know anything let me know about it. thanks & peace to everybody stay strong.

thanks i have two post here maybe someone can take one out. im lost today.

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Ok ladies well I am going to throw this questions out there.

If all goes smoothly I am guessing Adrian will probally have a May interview date, if it is May then we have tenatively set the wedding date for July 9th...

If he gets a May interview do ya'll think I am jumping the gun to go ahead and reserve and put a deposit down on a place to have the wedding before the interview?

The only way I can see being denied at the interview would be if they could prove that our relationship is fraudulant...which there is no way they can do that we have too much proof. I have been reading soooooo much about visa denials and the only ones I have read out of Jamaica are because of drugs...and I dont have to worry about that.

Joanna

Timeline

Hi Ladies,

Actually on the I-129F it tells you add your child to the petition IF you're applying for the K2 visa for the child. It's automatic...if you don't want the child to come w/or after on the same visa then you should not include them on the petition. It was one of the things I researched when I originally filed. Just wait the year or so until the application exp then re-file for the tourist visa again.

Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I've been on here. I hope everyone is doing well. I really haven't had much time to catch up on all the news (good or bad). I hope to do so soon. Congratulations on all of the good news!! And for the not so good news, I hope that everything will work out soon!

I've been really busy lately. Also, trying to research the D.C./Virginia area b/c i think that I will have to move there around August for a few years. I hope that won't have a negative affect on my paperwork process.

Anyhow, take care everyone and I'll be checking in periodically. I wish I could check this site at work b/c I would be on all day.

Saundra

Hello Saundra. I live in Maryland but work in DC and from Virginia. So please let me know if you need any questions about the area. Where are you moving from? Take care

Well I'm moving from Alabama. I've been consumed with trying to figure out where I want to live. I'm so picky though. I know that the cost of living is crazy compared to where I live in Alabama. I have heard about how bad the commute is. I'm looking into the Dulles and Fairfax areas in Virginia also a few apartments in the Camp Springs and Suitland, MD areas. I wanted a townhome but they are outrageous price wise. What is your opinion of these areas? I want to live in a safe and comfortable area without it taking me 2 hours to get to work in the Ft. Belvoir area.

Thanks alot.

Oh, where in MD do you live? (apartment, single family home, townhome?)

They haven't written us back yet. I did find out some very interesting information though. On our DS230 that we sent in during Henry's interview we listed his daughter and checked that she would be following him at a later date.

My interpretation: we could file for her in the future and she would have her name in the system as his daughter/my stepdaughter.

Their interpretation: we essentially filed for a K2 without realizing it.

The visa is still valid up to one year from Henry's entry. So technically we could have her come up and adjust status...etc. BUT we don't want to do that yet. We just want her to be able to visit. I can't believe I goofed this. It's very misleading and quite frankly, I studied this stuff and can't believe I missed this detail. Now I am trying to find out if we let the K2 expire if we can somehow gain new evidence and appeal the embassies decision. I have two calls out to my congressman...hoping they can draft a letter on our behalf. Also waiting on a couple veteran VJ'ers to give me their input. I'm still in shock that I fu!@ed this one up. I feel at blame and it sucks. We thought it was all going to go so smooth.

I have heard that it is a good thing that she is in the documentation, however Kingston sees it as us trying to do two things at once. Potentially travel and immigrate with a K2 AND obtain a travel visa. It doesn't make any sense.

I'll post more as I plow through this adventure.

This does not make sense to me. I understand your frustration. I marked the DS 230 the same way you did and my interpretation was the same as yours. How can they assume you filed for K2? And if that was the way they thought, did you receive a K2 visa for him in his passport?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your mistake in my opinion was not a stupid error. I'm not just saying that b/c I did the same thing. If we filed for a visitor's visa, I wonder what they would tell us.

Keep me posted!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.