aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nice pix, Jax! Thanks for sharing. In pic #5 you can see how young you guys were. So cute. :luv::luv:

18 more posts for my third heart!!!! :lol:

Jax - the third pic (#5) is my fav you two look so cute

Thanks ladies mine too. Thats when we first started liking each other and getting into trouble because he wasn't legal yet. Those were the days my proffesor scolded me :lol:

Jax those pics are sssoo cute!!!!!!!! :yes::yes:

Jax [/color] -- I finally got on Yahoo to look at the pictures. You two are so cute!! The age progression is great!!

Yeah I wish I was still like 21 with the whole age progression thing time is sure flying :D

guess what.....i should be getting the rfe either saturday or monday....it was sent to my lawyer so he called and blah blah blah he is sending it sooooo that makes me feel better!!!!

Congratulations!! :dance:

Congratulations on the raise Michele. Best wishes for Tristians recovery.

Also Jax wedding preparations sound so nice, and Ms. Squitto's wedding preps just had me all stressed out FOR HER... :lol: Hope it all goes well

Hugs to all (long distance ones, so ya'll dont "catch" anythin)

Hugs back :yes:

Best Wishes to Ms, Squitto's real wedding tomorrow :thumbs:(L)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Well, thought I would update you all a lil bit on whats goin on here. Lake took his Math GED test, we got the results last week, he did better than I expected, got a score of 350 and you need 410 to pass. I found out this week you CAN get extra time, and I know his teacher would be willing to refer him for that as well. Wished I had known that sooner, as I asked but they just snubbed their noses at me when I asked them about that. :angry:

Other than that, not much, Lake WAS driving the other day and got yelled at by another driver. Made me so mad for him, we were at a green light, we were going straight, and there was a guy turning left, but instead of being in the left turn lane, he was kind of halfway in between the lanes, so we had to go reeeeeaaaal slow to edge around him. Right after we got around him, his oncoming traffic cleared so the guy behind us didnt see WHY we stopped for a darned green light. He came flying around us and screaming "Dont you know green means go, etc etc. On and on he screamed. Sheesh. Some people should get a clue, but it shook Lake up a lil. I told him not our fault the guy was stupid and didnt see what was happening and that he did exactly everything right. People really should be a lil more tolerant, ya know?

Its hotter than blue blazes here, over 100 and humidity right at the top. Whew!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Well here is the place are wedding will be if anyone wants to look at Summerhill Villa. We are getting married outside in the garden if it doesn't rain. If it rains by the pool. I can't wait this is going to be like the nicest place I have ever stayed on Vaction or the island. Hopefully no cockroachs this time :P

[/color] I went to see some one at the office of Dennis Hastered today in IL. He checked my papers and told me how it would all work. He said as long as I do the paperwork he will check them free of charge. That I didn't need a lawyer. In IL this a free service the state govenors give us! Yippee. My dad came with and said he didn't understand the lingo at all. He thought maybe they could speed the process since he is a goverment employ they said no no. Really nice he said my case should go through since I have evidence all the way back to 1998. He said he has more problems with people not having enough evidence on their spouse or fiance. Especially the ones with significate others from Phillipions or China. Who have meet once and talked a little on the internet. Did u know in China after the USA approves your paper work it takes another 9 months to get your interview crazy!! So I am very Happy Happy THat the signed copy of the marriage license will work and not the offical one for the paper work. HAPPY SO HAPPY!! I can change my name and everything just fine. Will have to just wait for the certified one to change my passport.

Just a note for those going through K-1 process with the new IMBRA the guy at the governers office told me they have a back up of over 20,000 cases in Missouri. The K-3/K-1 process is just 2 months ahead of the CR1 process and he said that might change by the time I get back. To were the CR-1's are beating the rush of K-1's and K-3's. WOW!!!!! He said they are starting to change the rules for K3 and CR1 where you could file them togther at the same time soon. So I need to check back with him on August 17th the day after I get back and I can apply for which one is faster at that time and maybe skip K-3 all togther. What a wealth of info I learned today.

I would recomended to all the newbies to see your congressman they are a big help. Visa Journey is also a big help too.

Okay I am all caught up now. And not that many pages to catch up on 3 :) Everyone have a good weekend!

Jax

Oh dauh I didn't leave the website on our villa gosh my brain is fried. Totally too much shopping today but I got a lot of new outfits for my trip since I keep growing widder lOl did u see that in our pictures.

Summerhill Site http://www.islandhideaways.com/villa.php?villa_id=10045#

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend. Forgot to tell Michele congrats on her raise. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well night owl is checking in. I am visiting a sick friend tomorrow. We ended the week with lots of good news. I wish the best for all of you. If next week is as great as this week, we should all be smiling.

Good nite all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Jax, that is beautiful! I hope your day is perfect.... it is coming up so fast.

Squitto - Congrats on your wedding today, hope all is going well (L)

Michele - Congrats on your raise :dance::dance:

wanted to update everyone...Kim and Duane finally got the VISA!!!!!! so they will be coming home on the 19th!!!!

Congrats Kim & Duane - have a safe trip home (F)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline

HELLO HELLO HELLO everyone...just wanted to check in and say "HI"....i have been reading everyones posts and I am so happy to hear everyone is doing good.

I have to tell ya'll LIFE IS GREAT AND GOD IS GOOD I have been doing very well lately!!!! Adrian and I have not been talking much lately and I think that is the best thing for both of us...I have gotten on with my life and have met a great guy, we have known of each other for a while and have just begun to hang out, we both work for the fire dept...we are taking it slow, he knows my situation and knows that I am not ready to jump into anything right now, but we are great friends and get along so well.....I know some of ya'll may not agree with me dating so soon, but I feel that i have to move on with my life....Life throws us some curves sometimes and then it straightens back out!!!!

Until later much love to all!!!

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Good Luck to the Squitto's for their big wedding today!!!

Rita & Tashi -- hope your reception is wonderful!!

JoJo -- Glad things are going well and you are not being a stranger. We all really miss you around here ;)

We got the "Welcome To America" letter today.....it's all very, very surreal. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is hotter than a witch's ####### here :lol: :lol:

Kim & Duane -- Yipee!! :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
wanted to update everyone...Kim and Duane finally got the VISA!!!!!! so they will be coming home on the 19th!!!!

Jax....that villa is so beautiful!!!!! I like the leapord theme room...is that the hooneymoon room??? :devil::lol::lol:

Wow Jax, that is beautiful! I hope your day is perfect.... it is coming up so fast.

I can't wait to hear Kim and Duanes story on gettting their visa. I hope Kim and Duane have a safe travels home. Welcom Duane :D

No :lol::lol::P that is not our room. Thats my brother and his girlfriends room. That theme room is great!!

WE have The huge 20' by 25' master bedroom has an extra large bathroom suite, chaise lounge, wrought iron kingsize bed, ceiling fans, writing table and lots of space. The French doors open to a balcony with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea on one side and one the other side, a view of the entire property and the Half Moon Resort. Thats the size of my kitchen, dining room, and living room put togther :devil:

Our Honeymoon we decided will start when all 17 of our guest leave. We have decided to stay at the Wexford on the hip strip. We looked into Elgreco but we are not huge beach peopl all we like is the pool. I know were crazy not to like the beach but sand in the butt crack is not our thing and the burning salt in our eyes :lol: .. I don't like to even go out into the sun much cause I burn easy. I went to the tanning both for the first time this week and I get 4 mintues in a bed and I come out burned. My whole body is on fire :angry:!! Hopefully I will get a tan before I leave so I won't burn down there since with my family I might be going outside a lot yikes.

One more thing the congressman told me was that I don't have to travel with Dwain for his interview when he gets one in a year. The congressman said it would be a waste for me to go. Dwain didn't want me to go anyways so this is fantastic!

Joanna - I am glad to hear things are going better and you are moving on. It was great hearing from you.

Everyone have a great Saturday. Im off to get work done and eat corn on the grill with my bro later!

Take Care

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got the "Welcome To America" letter today.....it's all very, very surreal. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is hotter than a witch's ####### here :lol: :lol:

Wow - they are really moving fast - Congrats!! :dance::dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline

I need a little advice from you ladies. We received our interview letter the other day after only 2 months. I am not complaining, however, as many of you know, our twins are due next month right around the interview date.

Should I call and try to reshedule, or should I just wait and see as we get closer to the interview if I will have delivered by then or not? I dont want to risk them recheduling me for 6 months from now becasue we are so grateful to have gotten the interview so quick. :help:

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax....that villa is so beautiful!!!!! I like the leapord theme room...is that the hooneymoon room??? :devil::lol::lol:

I can't wait to hear Kim and Duanes story on gettting their visa. I hope Kim and Duane have a safe travels home. Welcom Duane :D

No :lol::lol::P that is not our room. Thats my brother and his girlfriends room. That theme room is great!!

WE have The huge 20' by 25' master bedroom has an extra large bathroom suite, chaise lounge, wrought iron kingsize bed, ceiling fans, writing table and lots of space. The French doors open to a balcony with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea on one side and one the other side, a view of the entire property and the Half Moon Resort. Thats the size of my kitchen, dining room, and living room put togther :devil:

Our Honeymoon we decided will start when all 17 of our guest leave. We have decided to stay at the Wexford on the hip strip. We looked into Elgreco but we are not huge beach peopl all we like is the pool. I know were crazy not to like the beach but sand in the butt crack is not our thing and the burning salt in our eyes :lol: .. I don't like to even go out into the sun much cause I burn easy. I went to the tanning both for the first time this week and I get 4 mintues in a bed and I come out burned. My whole body is on fire :angry:!! Hopefully I will get a tan before I leave so I won't burn down there since with my family I might be going outside a lot yikes.

One more thing the congressman told me was that I don't have to travel with Dwain for his interview when he gets one in a year. The congressman said it would be a waste for me to go. Dwain didn't want me to go anyways so this is fantastic!

Joanna - I am glad to hear things are going better and you are moving on. It was great hearing from you.

Everyone have a great Saturday. Im off to get work done and eat corn on the grill with my bro later!

Take Care

Jax

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Jax - two quick things - El Greco is on the same side as the Wexford but up in the hills so it's across from the beach - it's very quiet. Their pool is really nice...we have gone swimming the middle of the night plenty of times. Enjoy your stay at the Wexford...it's in a good location.

As far as the Congressman....we had to get our Congressman involved our case and we were told wrong info so please listen to everyone's advice. Just remember that Kingston is a high fraud Embassy so I wouldn't risk anything and the State Department has the final say. Visas are not guaranteed.

The villa is beautfiul. Best wish to you.

Good morning....

Congrats Kim and Duane :luv:

Hi everybody,

I'm stuck at work on this beautiful, warm Saturday night :angry::crying: To top things off I have a new boss who is a total pain in the butt. He wants me to work Sunday too :ranting: As if 6 days a week isn't enough?!! It's a constant uphill battle at this job. I hate it.

Anyway, going back to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Congrats to them again :dance: Hope they have a safe flight home together! (L)

HELLO HELLO HELLO everyone...just wanted to check in and say "HI"....i have been reading everyones posts and I am so happy to hear everyone is doing good.

I have to tell ya'll LIFE IS GREAT AND GOD IS GOOD I have been doing very well lately!!!! Adrian and I have not been talking much lately and I think that is the best thing for both of us...I have gotten on with my life and have met a great guy, we have known of each other for a while and have just begun to hang out, we both work for the fire dept...we are taking it slow, he knows my situation and knows that I am not ready to jump into anything right now, but we are great friends and get along so well.....I know some of ya'll may not agree with me dating so soon, but I feel that i have to move on with my life....Life throws us some curves sometimes and then it straightens back out!!!!

Until later much love to all!!!

Joanna

Hey Joanna, Good to see you on here :yes: I'm glad everything is going well for you!

I need a little advice from you ladies. We received our interview letter the other day after only 2 months. I am not complaining, however, as many of you know, our twins are due next month right around the interview date.

Should I call and try to reshedule, or should I just wait and see as we get closer to the interview if I will have delivered by then or not? I dont want to risk them recheduling me for 6 months from now becasue we are so grateful to have gotten the interview so quick. :help:

I would just wait and see what happens. I wouldn't risk re-scheduling - who knows how long that may be? Just my opinion :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.