aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just a quick check in from the newly-weds!! I didnt kill him on the honeymoon and we are both still walking up right :devil: I will give you all the details when I have more time. I will have some of the pics uploaded by tomorrow I hope. Hope all had a wonderful weekend!!

Shemanya - Tashi said thanks again for the boulla and cheese it tasted better than the wedding cake LOL

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I found this site: weddings on a whim and it seems that they can put together a nice ceremony on the beaches of Florida on short notice.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Michele,

Thanks for the link. It's good to know what types of services are out there when planning a wedding. What type of ceremony do you think you'd have?

Lee

We're not really sure yet; but the beach ceremony is a strong option.

Love the beach idea.

just a quick check in from the newly-weds!! I didnt kill him on the honeymoon and we are both still walking up right :devil: I will give you all the details when I have more time. I will have some of the pics uploaded by tomorrow I hope. Hope all had a wonderful weekend!!

Shemanya - Tashi said thanks again for the boulla and cheese it tasted better than the wedding cake LOL

Hey Rita. I didn't expect to you around until next week :devil:

No problem. Tell Tashi he's welcome. Update your timeline whenever you have time.

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Glad things turned out great for Rita and Tashi and cannot wait to see some pics.

Well I just got back from Ft lauderdale, My parents went with me to meet Adrian, he got us passes to come on the ship, so my parents had lunch on the ship while he took me down to show me his cabin and some of the other places on the ship. He was a little embarassed to show my parents his cabin (it is very very small for 3 men to live in) so we just met up with them after they ate and then we went and drove around Ft lauderdale for a little bit. We got to ft lauderdale about 12 but we could not get on the ship till 1 so time was short since he had to be back to work at 4pm.....so anyway things where good, my dad said Adrian was a very quiet person and Adrian said that my dad was very quiet also...the only negative I heard from my parents is they said Adrian needed to wear pants that fit him (he wears them a bit big to try and make himself look not so skinny) and tuck in his shirt :lol::no::lol: ...but I thought he looked great....my parents are just old fashion.

Until Later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Glad things turned out great for Rita and Tashi and cannot wait to see some pics.

Well I just got back from Ft lauderdale, My parents went with me to meet Adrian, he got us passes to come on the ship, so my parents had lunch on the ship while he took me down to show me his cabin and some of the other places on the ship. He was a little embarassed to show my parents his cabin (it is very very small for 3 men to live in) so we just met up with them after they ate and then we went and drove around Ft lauderdale for a little bit. We got to ft lauderdale about 12 but we could not get on the ship till 1 so time was short since he had to be back to work at 4pm.....so anyway things where good, my dad said Adrian was a very quiet person and Adrian said that my dad was very quiet also...the only negative I heard from my parents is they said Adrian needed to wear pants that fit him (he wears them a bit big to try and make himself look not so skinny) and tuck in his shirt :lol::no::lol: ...but I thought he looked great....my parents are just old fashion.

Until Later, Joanna

Joanna,

This is great! If the only thing your parents complained about was how his clothes fit, everything is going to be just fine. :yes::yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Hi (F)

Congrats to all the recent newly weds and all the other great news that has been happening :dance: I am so happy to hear (read) of all the wonderful things happening for the ladies in our group. It’s awesome how God works :yes: For the upcoming weddings (Rita and Tashi / Mindy and Roy) I hope you have a fantastic time (L)

I just wanted to check in real quick and let you all know I am still alive :yes:

I have been trying to stay up on the reading but really haven’t had the chance to post. Things have been really rough the past couple of weeks and I am thoroughly exhausted and not really in the best of spirits. I hope that things will get sorted out and I can get back to the “normal” swing of things soon.

I will definitely keep in touch with you all and I love hearing about how you all are doing but it will probably be a little bit until I can be back on the board regularly…like old times. Sorry about not being able to do the suss…again I hope to be able to take that back up all in due time. Right now it is just to stressful that I have had to put aside certain things that are not necessarily top priority. I love to post here and I love doing the suss but right now my focus needs to be elsewhere.

I hope you all are enjoying having your men here and for those waiting its just a matter of time and you will be with your guy. Patience truly is a virtue.

Jamie :star:

Jamie,

We miss you girl :luv: I'm so happy to hear from you - we were worried about you :unsure: I hope everything is going ok for you. Just take it one step at a time and if you need to talk, you know how to get a hold of me. I check my e-mail every day so get in touch with me if you want. Glad to have you back.

hey guys i am still alive.... just saying hi!

Popcorn,

Good to see you too :yes: Glad you checked in. Hope everything is going good with your family.

Hello Ladies.

Sorry i have been gone for so long! How is everyone doing? Imssed you all so much, and wow it looks so different in here!!!!

Congrats to Tahs and Rita, hope you are enjoying the weekend to the fulliest!!!!

Well just and update Karl and I are getting married on April 22,2006!

We are having the wedding and reception at a local hall, with about 80 or so people ... He is adjusting slowly, this cold weather is a definet shocker to the system !! He too does not get the whole RULEs around here, things are not as laid back as they are or can be in Jamiaca.. I guess it will be absorbed over time!

Well ladies i am going to catch up on the last 36 pages, i will talk to u all soon

Suzy

Hey girl, It's good to see everyone back on VJ even if it is only to "check in" and let us know how you're doing. It's been so quiet in here lately :yes: Good luck with all that reading :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Hey, where is everybody this morning??? It's quiet in here.

Rita: Congrats on tying the knot :thumbs: Hope everything went smooth. Can't wait to see pics.

Joanna: I'm glad your parents finally got to meet Adrian. It sounds like everything went well. I'm still laughing about the clothing comment about clothes that fit him :lol:

Jamie, Popcorn, & Mrs. Smith: Glad to see you guys :yes: You were missed. There's still a few of you left who we haven't heard from lately.

Myisha (Ricardoswife): Where you been girl? We miss you on here. How's the pregnancy going?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everybody!

I am just popping in to say hi. My mom has been very sick, so I have not had much time to stop by. She has a disorder called trigeminal nueralgia. According to docs - it is THE most painful disease known to man. My mom has been brave over the decade or so she has had this, but now, at 73, it is really hard - she has lost a lot of weight (was already as skinny as most of our husbands :lol: ). Anyway, please keep us in your prayers.

Congrats to Rita and Tashi and everyone with good news. I will log on tonight when everyone is asleep and see if I can catch up a bit.

Henry and I are doing well. He still has not found a job and it is causing some SEVERE frustration, where he wants to go back home for 6 months or so. But we are praying about it and I know God will provide something very soon.

Take care everone. I really miss you all. Mrs. Squitto your avatar gave me a needed laugh.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Hey Everybody!

I am just popping in to say hi. My mom has been very sick, so I have not had much time to stop by. She has a disorder called trigeminal nueralgia. According to docs - it is THE most painful disease known to man. My mom has been brave over the decade or so she has had this, but now, at 73, it is really hard - she has lost a lot of weight (was already as skinny as most of our husbands :lol: ). Anyway, please keep us in your prayers.

Congrats to Rita and Tashi and everyone with good news. I will log on tonight when everyone is asleep and see if I can catch up a bit.

Henry and I are doing well. He still has not found a job and it is causing some SEVERE frustration, where he wants to go back home for 6 months or so. But we are praying about it and I know God will provide something very soon.

Take care everone. I really miss you all. Mrs. Squitto your avatar gave me a needed laugh.

Hey Elizabeth,

Sorry to hear the bad news about your mom :( I hope she feels better soon. Can she take pain medication at least to help her get through it? I'll be thinking of you and your family.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone,

School had me floored under, I thought I would never finish this assignment. Anyway, I'm back for a while.

Rita and Tashi, congrats!!! (L)(L)(L)

Joanna sounds like trip went great.

ElizabethnHenry, you are in my thoughts and prayers

Michele, the beach is wonderful.

And to all who have been away for a while, welcome back.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everybody!

Hey Elizabeth. I was thinking about you and Henry this morning. I will keep your mother and family in my prayers (F)

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey does anyone remember how much the police record was in Kingston. I am trying to help my friend prepare for costs but I cant remember this one!!!

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I also agree you should see it and spend the money on yourself. There is no need to keep them.

Thanks girls for your input on my question about the engagement ring. I have what's been called exquisite taste in jewelry and my ex husband gladly indulged in my habit as a jewelryholic :blush: I don't have a lot of jewelry but what I do have is nice. Therefore like Lee I have 2 engagement rings, an anniversary ring and other "marital" type jewelry sitting in my safe deposit box doing nothing. I will probably do like Mindy and get a nice CZ or just wear a nice band(and QVC does indeed have some nice ones) as I personally would rather put the money to other uses like a really nice honeymoon. A lot of stars now use CZ's on the red carpet instead of their real jewels if they are not borrowed from the big name jewelers. Anywho my next question is a little controversial but I'd like your input.

Say you have a nice collection of jewelry given to you by en ex that is just being stored, you don't have any children or female relatives to pass them down to, your fiancé cannot afford to give you the engagement ring that you want so would you:

a. use your old engagement ring if your fiancé/husband doesn't mind? (another ex- fiance suggested this but I strongly objected to this option; one reason why he's an ex)

b. sell some of the collection to get your ring or go on your honeymoon etc.?

c. forget about it and let your ex's rings continue to collect dust?

d. sell the collection and doing something else charitable with it?

e. other

Michele

Anna, nice to see you back and glad to hear you're feeling better :yes:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

i am so frustrated right now. we are trying to get Henry's daughters tourist visa and the interview was this morning. after all the spending and organizing with the mother...it didn't go well. get this...

when i filed k1 it asks about any children. i put henry's daughter and checked the box "coming at a later date" becuase uscis advised me that i should do this in case we are ever going to file for her gc in the future.

we didn't even think about that in regards to the tourist visa...however kingston did. they told the mother that the daughters name was still in the system and that we have to clear that before they can approve the tourist visa. of course not only does the mother think we were planning on stealing the daughter...but i have no idea how to clear that out of our original application almost a year ago.

needless to say. before I begin to try and deal with kingston, i am on hold right now with uscis to see if they have any inside tips for me. they better, i've paid them enough money$!$!

d :star:

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.