aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening all,

I guess I am checking in. I'm a night hawk. I love to stay up late and sleep until noon. I know this is a bad habit but I have always loved to sleep in the day. I just couldn't do it because I had to get my butt off to work. Let me enjoy retirement a bit longer. I'm looking for a job on the computer, ha ha

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm finally back on the air. It was torture not being able to post or send e-mails.

Ms Thicknesss - Yes, I am ready. See 'ya next week.

Congrats Kim and Duane :luv:.

Congrats Mindy and Roy :luv:.

Jamie - I hope your dogs return soon.

I got saltfish, all sorts of seasonings (jerk, curry, escovietch, all purpose, pimentos, chicken, browning), yellow yam, pumpkin, green bananas, chicken sausages in a can (Andre loves them :blink: ), ####### soup mix, corned beef, water crackers, jerk marinade and a whole lot of HOT pepper sauce. All Grace brands of course :yes: We wouldn’t have it any other way at our house :no:

Wow Jamie! Sounds like you're all set for awhile! I have a question for you: how does the produce turn out by the time it reaches you? The bananas, pumpkin, etc.?? Is it still fresh? I noticed on the website that some of the items recommended NOT to use standard shipping - maybe because it takes too long? I was just wondering since you've ordered from them before. :unsure:

We're lucky, since we're so close to Detroit we have a pretty good JA store about 15 min. from us. They have all the stuff you mentioned. I even got breadfruit there once, but it wasn't very fresh.

:( Our dogs went missing :(

They have been gone for 3+ hours. Andre searched everywhere and I am stuck here at work for another 2 hours :crying::crying: We live in the country but on a busy road...I hope we find them soon :(

Oh NO!! :( What happened? How did they get out? My thoughts are with you :luv: I hope you find them soon - keep us updated.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Well it has been determined that our dogs were stolen. They have never gone outside of our backyard and have never run off yet. Andre didn't see them for all of 10 minutes as he was getting dinner ready. They hadn't eaten yet for the night and there is no way they would leave before getting some food. They eat like horses. My whole family came over and I left work early and we searched within a 1-2 mile radius of our house for the last 4 hours. We asked all the neighbors. They are very nice looking dogs who have had many many hours of top notch training and are very disciplined and well behaved. They haven't ever ventured out of the yard and we have left them for 6-7 hours at a time without them going anywhere. My mom thinks that logically they had to have been stolen. This is so awful :angry::crying: :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We just got approved -- NO INTERVIEW!! Can you all see me dancing?!?!?!?!?!? :dance: :dance:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 11, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Wow!!! That is certainly great news. Congrats :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: Timeline
Well it has been determined that our dogs were stolen. They have never gone outside of our backyard and have never run off yet. Andre didn't see them for all of 10 minutes as he was getting dinner ready. They hadn't eaten yet for the night and there is no way they would leave before getting some food. They eat like horses. My whole family came over and I left work early and we searched within a 1-2 mile radius of our house for the last 4 hours. We asked all the neighbors. They are very nice looking dogs who have had many many hours of top notch training and are very disciplined and well behaved. They haven't ever ventured out of the yard and we have left them for 6-7 hours at a time without them going anywhere. My mom thinks that logically they had to have been stolen. This is so awful :angry::crying: :crying:

:( Sorry Jamie.

Good morning everyone.

Timeline

:angry: Sorry to hear that, Jamie

Good morning family.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry Jamie that is to bad. Are you going to put something a missing animal report in your local newspaper?

Wow you bought tons of food I hope u have a big kitchen to store it all in.

Good morning everyone else on this Wednesday... Whats everybody doing today besided working? Have a good one.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Shoot, I think I posted this in the wrong place....oh well, but I NEED some advice......

Just curious.............how do your men shave their faces? With a shaver? clipper? or razor ? Do they do anything *special* to not have and/or get bumps?

Craig is driving me absolutely NUTS about shaving....cause he can't go to the "barber" to get a flippin shave (like he did in Jamaica)....and when he used my clipper set (don't know if he used the right settings), he got bumps.

ANY and ALL help with giving him some advice would be GREATLY appreciated ASAP !!!!

Kelly

Jamie -- I can't even imagine.....you MUST post pictures everywhere and get the police involved. Also, get pictures and information to the Vets and the pet stores in the area. Did you have them "chipped?"

They are so unusual looking -- someone will turn in those bastards that took them!! I wish I lived closer :crying:

Kelly -- Roy has bump problems but I think we have finally (kinda) figured it out. He uses a "Groomsman" electric shaver. It's super fast and sharp. Cost about $45.00 at Wal-Mart. He said if he uses a razor it will just be worse.

He MUST shave every two days.....we use BumpStopper on the bumps along with Vicks (it draws out the hairs) and Preparation H -- it reduces the swelling and also helps the hair pop out.

It's not perfect but it's the best we can do right now.....

Going to a Barber is not an option. I don't know what they charge for a shave but for a cut the cheapest we have found is $20.00 -- so I shave his hair off. I do the same thing the barber does and I don't charge as much :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh no :crying::crying: I feel like they are our dogs too. I am so sorry. What is wrong with people? Do you think you can still place and ad like Americas Most Wanted so if anyone sees them they will know the "owners" are thieves. :angry: Dyam tief dem! Cho!

We just got approved -- NO INTERVIEW!! Can you all see me dancing?!?!?!?!?!? :dance: :dance:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 11, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Congratulations! That is so great :thumbs::dance:

YEEEEHAAAWWW!!!! :dance::dance:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

oh no :crying::crying: I feel like they are our dogs too. I am so sorry. What is wrong with people? Do you think you can still place and ad like Americas Most Wanted so if anyone sees them they will know the "owners" are thieves. :angry: Dyam tief dem! Cho!

I am just absolutely appalled that someone could do something like that. What is this world coming to??? I have their pictures on my screen saver.....I too felt like they were my extended family. I just wish there was something I could do.

I'm just hoping that by now they have found them.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.