aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We just got approved -- NO INTERVIEW!! Can you all see me dancing?!?!?!?!?!? :dance: :dance:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 11, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Congratulations! That is so great :thumbs::dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We just got approved -- NO INTERVIEW!! Can you all see me dancing?!?!?!?!?!? :dance: :dance:

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

OMG!!! WOOHOO!!!

:dance::yes::dance::yes::dance:

That is so fantastic :thumbs:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just wanted to stop by and let you all know that the online caribbean marketplace www.sams247.com is having a sale on shipping. No matter how much you order ground shipping is only $5.99 no matter where you live. I have ordered from them before and I was pretty impressed and for those of us living no where near JA stuff its nice for you SO (and for you ) to have a little taste of JA. The sale is good through the 16th. Check it out

Sam's Marketplace

Jamie

What a wonderful site Jamie thank you :thumbs:

Hey Michele, Thanks again for reminding me about the marriage certificate.

We get the signed one that day and I can bring it back and change my name. The offical one I wont get until 2 months from the date in October. For all of those who did K3's could u use the signed one or did u have to wait for the offical copy?

I used the signed one to get drivers license and social security card. I got the official one a little over a month later. It only took that long because they mailed it to Trevor first, then he mailed it to me. I used that for the I130 and 129F.

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Congrats Mindfay :dance::dance::dance:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
I used the signed one to get drivers license and social security card. I got the official one a little over a month later. It only took that long because they mailed it to Trevor first, then he mailed it to me. I used that for the I130 and 129F.

Thank you Drucilla for helping me out :) . I guess I will have Dwain mail me the certificate too. How did Trevor send it to you? What type of mail service? Because Dwains letters sometimes don't make it here and I would get a little bit worried if the Marriage License got lost. Wow I trully wasn't suspecting to change my name this quick either. May be I should tell my boss to go ahead and order my new name sign. I didn't expect the students to call me Mrs. Brown yet either. That will be really weird to have them calling me by that last name since he won't be here until who knows when.

Take care,

Jax

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hello everyone - just checking in. Going back now to catch up, although I see there are only 2 pages to read since last night :(

What ya saying, Rhonda? I chat wayyyyy too much? And Ann, posting in the middle of the night like that...sheesh!

I bet ya all miss my chatter, huh? :P

You get the award for the longest posts ever posted :lol::P

Good morning everyone!!!

(I need about 120 more posts for my third heart :D )

Ok Elizabeth, YOU chat way too much :yes::P How on earth do you almost have THREE (L) already?!!! You must be chatting it up in a LOT of other forums also.

CONGRATS Mindy and Roy :dance::thumbs::luv: You lucky dog - no interview or anything! :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

CONGRATS Mindy and Roy :dance::thumbs::luv: You lucky dog - no interview or anything! :P

Yeah, now I don't have to keep "quizing" him about what color my toothbrush is and what kind of tampons I prefer to use :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Michele, Thanks again for reminding me about the marriage certificate.

We get the signed one that day and I can bring it back and change my name. The offical one I wont get until 2 months from the date in October. For all of those who did K3's could u use the signed one or did u have to wait for the offical copy?

I think you would need a certified "official" copy to file for your visa. Is there anyway they can expedite it? Two months seems a little long to me.

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

:dance::dance: Congrats to Mindy and Roy!! :dance::dance:

Thank you Drucilla for helping me out :) . I guess I will have Dwain mail me the certificate too. How did Trevor send it to you? What type of mail service? Because Dwains letters sometimes don't make it here and I would get a little bit worried if the Marriage License got lost. Wow I trully wasn't suspecting to change my name this quick either. May be I should tell my boss to go ahead and order my new name sign. I didn't expect the students to call me Mrs. Brown yet either. That will be really weird to have them calling me by that last name since he won't be here until who knows when.

Take care,

Jax

Make sure that you get at least 2 certified copies. Have Dwain send it by Fed-ex or some other "guaranteed" overnight service. I still have regular Jamaican postal mail floating around somewhere from Tristan that was sent in December of last year :wacko:

Yeah, now I don't have to keep "quizing" him about what color my toothbrush is and what kind of tampons I prefer to use :lol: :lol:

:o oh my :P

What ya saying, Rhonda? I chat wayyyyy too much? And Ann, posting in the middle of the night like that...sheesh!

I bet ya all miss my chatter, huh? :P

:yes:

How's everyone doing; everything all cleared up? ;)

Timeline
Yeah, now I don't have to keep "quizing" him about what color my toothbrush is and what kind of tampons I prefer to use [/color] :lol: :lol:

You crack me up :lol::lol:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
I think you would need a certified "official" copy to file for your visa. Is there anyway they can expedite it? Two months seems a little long to me.
Make sure that you get at least 2 certified copies. Have Dwain send it by Fed-ex or some other "guaranteed" overnight service. I still have regular Jamaican postal mail floating around somewhere from Tristan that was sent in December of last year

Thanks Michele I will make sure and ask if I can get the license any quicker. I will request 2 also. Maybe I need to send Dwain to see Rev. Pitkin for us. He knows the Rev our wedding corrdinator got us. I need to PM Elizabethnhenery she went through the same wedding corrdinator so I am sure she can tell me what will happen with the wedding certificate. I really don't want to wait 2 months cause that makes like a year until we are togther. Hmmm :crying: I really don't want that to be the case so I will keep my hopes high (F)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

:lol: Leave it to Mindy to come up those kinds of questions!!! I'm glad you're not the one conducting the interviews!!! :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Someone help me please :help::help::help:

I just spent WAY to much on JA food :blush:

We will be set for a while...at least I hope :unsure:

What all did you buy? Everything but the kitchen sink :lol: There must be a great deal going on that web site.. I guess you won't go hungry for sometime then..

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Someone help me please :help::help::help:

I just spent WAY to much on JA food :blush:

We will be set for a while...at least I hope :unsure:

What all did you buy? Everything but the kitchen sink :lol: There must be a great deal going on that web site.. I guess you won't go hungry for sometime then..

Oh man what didn't I buy :wacko:

I got saltfish, all sorts of seasonings (jerk, curry, escovietch, all purpose, pimentos, chicken, browning), yellow yam, pumpkin, green bananas, chicken sausages in a can (Andre loves them :blink: ), ####### soup mix, corned beef, water crackers, jerk marinade and a whole lot of HOT pepper sauce. All Grace brands of course :yes: We wouldn’t have it any other way at our house :no:

and thats just the stuff I can remember :wacko: Not to mention how much of each I got :innocent:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.