aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For everyone traveling this weekend on vacation have safe travels.

Shauna don't get too discouraged; Mike will be here soon :yes:

Tenika congratulations again; how does it feel to be a married woman? I already know :wub:

Kim have a great time on your (how many visits has it been now :P ) trip to Jamaica.

Kelly glad to hear things are going well and your family is adjusting nicely.

Ann; that long before you'll find out? I'm sure everything will be ok though. I'm sure it's a relief that this stage is over for you though.

Is Anthony working or is he going to school? Does he still plan on going into nursing?

Ms. Squitto-did writing to your state rep help with getting your mother-in-laws visitors visa? I sure hope she would be able to come.

Mindy how's Roy's job search coming? Any plans for the weekend?

Jill(TD) hope you and the family will recover soon now that you've been properly diagnosed.

Robert- I didn't forget about you. You should be arriving to Mass. next week. Please pop in and say hello when you get there.

Dru- no updates yet?

Shemonya, Marsha, Lee, Dee, Anna, Saudra, Dara, Myiesha, Jamie- where my girls at???? Eric, Ms. Parker, Shawn, Rita, Mrs. Smith, Simeone24, Juliana, Leoschampion, Merias, jamaicadiva, Tawana, Lenore, Tracey, jamaicagyaldat??

Joanna and Jill(christine james)-thinking of you.

Hey to Sharon, Rhonda, Elizabeth, Jonesie, Jax, popcorn, Julie, Kimone, babyjules,darlene and everyone else I've met since coming to VJ-hopefully I didn't miss anyone but I'm sure I'm overlooking someone :blush:

For everyone with upcoming interviews-best wishes!

Mommies to be-thinking of you too.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Edited by Jamaica to CT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just checking in... It's been a trying week for us. Tristan's health is slowly improving but we still don't know what the future holds...

I have the 5 days off; most of the time will be spent moving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hope things get back the way they were. I am still praying for you guys (L)

Just checking in to say Hello, but I see it is STILL dead in here :( Me and Tony are going to a wedding tomorrow night then heading upnorth to my parents place on Sunday for 4 or 5 days. I have the whole week off :dance: I probably won't be checking in until we get back.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. I hope Tristan continues to recover and get better :yes:

Have a safe and fun trip :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Tenika congratulations again; how does it feel to be a married woman? I already know :wub:

Kim have a great time on your (how many visits has it been now :P ) trip to Jamaica.

Ann; that long before you'll find out? I'm sure everything will be ok though. I'm sure it's a relief that this stage is over for you though.

Is Anthony working or is he going to school? Does he still plan on going into nursing?

Ms. Squitto-did writing to your state rep help with getting your mother-in-laws visitors visa? I sure hope she would be able to come.

Jill(TD) hope you and the family will recover soon now that you've been properly diagnosed.

Robert- I didn't forget about you. You should be arriving to Mass. next week. Please pop in and say hello when you get there.

Dru- no updates yet?

Shemonya, Marsha, Lee, Dee, Anna, Saudra, Dara, Myiesha, Jamie- where my girls at???? Eric, Ms. Parker, Shawn, Rita, Mrs. Smith, Simeone24, Juliana, Leoschampion, Merias, jamaicadiva, Tawana, Lenore, Tracey, jamaicagyaldat??

Hey to Sharon, Rhonda, Elizabeth, Jonesie, Jax, popcorn, Julie, Kimone, babyjules,darlene and everyone else I've met since coming to VJ-hopefully I didn't miss anyone but I'm sure I'm overlooking someone :blush:

Wow girl, you have an AWESOME memory :yes::thumbs: How'd you do that?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
i was touched by the USCIS today :thumbs::dance::dance::dance: ....ABOUT TIME...

:thumbs:

Dru- no updates yet?

:blink: It took some time and a teeny bit of research.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's it....I'm going over to the pregnancy site with Julie & Elizabeth :whistle::lol:

Mindy, are you trying to tell us something? :devil::whistle:

Where the Hell is everybody today??? :unsure:

Yes.....where is Mrs Dee, Shemonya, Mrs. Squito, Michele, Nanny, Kelly, Jamie, Julie??????????

Those folks have left us high and dry!!!

So....wish us luck...our appointment is in 2 weeks and I NEED to fly home with my Boo!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Can you bring mine with you too :lol:

If he can fit into my suitcase...I can try!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Dru- no updates yet?

Thanks for all the well-wishes Michele- Your mind must be going crazy with worry based on Tristan's condition so remembering all of us during this tough time is extra sweet of you!!! (L):luv:(L)

Yep...they can not say that we don't have enough evidence of a bonifide relationship since I have practically "lived" in Jamaica the last year.........Well......Hopefully, this will be the LAST trip until we go back as a "married" couple to visit....... :wub:

I am going to JA for our interview at the embassy so I hope everyone will keep us in your prayers...... :innocent::innocent: I have been busy running around trying to get everything finalized for our "BIG DAY!!!...I am SOOOOO nervous and stressed about this interview......

PART 2 BEGINS

Timeline
i was touched by the USCIS today :thumbs::dance::dance::dance: ....ABOUT TIME....i starting to think this was f!ckery that i hadn't heard anything........

:dance::dance::dance: YEAH!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

FINALLY!!! I know you will be getting that RFE next week!!! Your interview will be rescheduled before you know it...maybe August!! (L)(L)

:ot:

So.......I have been having a lot of back problems (from an old workers comp injury when I herniated a disk!! a few years ago)....been recently suffering from horrible sciatica (nerve pain).....I went to the doctor today and they gave me 3 injections in the back and he took me off work....YIKES!!! :dead: I have no time to be on disability and not being able to walk or work!!!!

Then......I came home to get on the computer and when I went to go plug the wireless cord into my laptop, I managed to plug the cord into the USB port by accident and I blew up the whole computer!!! :blush: I took it in tonight to the computer technician and he said it would cost $450.00 to fix!!! AGAIN YIKES!!!!!

I went home...started having computer withdrawl and went back to the store about an hour ago and bought a new laptop on Credit!!!!! ANOTHER YIKES!!!!! The only good this is that they were having this 4th of July special clearance sale and I got a Gateway laptop for $459.00...the same price to fix the other one with no interest until January 2007....

So....that is my long story tonight.......(Jill-dancr...I think you have started to rub off on me..... :lol::lol: )

Well...maybe it is the new computer and I just like typing on it..my old computer had a problem with the letter "a" sticking....that is why I made so many typos.....maybe this one will help with the spelling thing............

Good night everyone!!!

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i was touched by the USCIS today :thumbs::dance::dance::dance: ....ABOUT TIME....i starting to think this was f!ckery that i hadn't heard anything........

:dance::dance::dance: YEAH!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

FINALLY!!! I know you will be getting that RFE next week!!! Your interview will be rescheduled before you know it...maybe August!! (L)(L)

:ot:

So.......I have been having a lot of back problems (from an old workers comp injury when I herniated a disk!! a few years ago)....been recently suffering from horrible sciatica (nerve pain).....I went to the doctor today and they gave me 3 injections in the back and he took me off work....YIKES!!! :dead: I have no time to be on disability and not being able to walk or work!!!!

Then......I came home to get on the computer and when I went to go plug the wireless cord into my laptop, I managed to plug the cord into the USB port by accident and I blew up the whole computer!!! :blush: I took it in tonight to the computer technician and he said it would cost $450.00 to fix!!! AGAIN YIKES!!!!!

I went home...started having computer withdrawl and went back to the store about an hour ago and bought a new laptop on Credit!!!!! ANOTHER YIKES!!!!! The only good this is that they were having this 4th of July special clearance sale and I got a Gateway laptop for $459.00...the same price to fix the other one with no interest until January 2007....

So....that is my long story tonight.......(Jill-dancr...I think you have started to rub off on me..... :lol::lol: )

Well...maybe it is the new computer and I just like typing on it..my old computer had a problem with the letter "a" sticking....that is why I made so many typos.....maybe this one will help with the spelling thing............

Good night everyone!!!

I reall truly hope sooo!!!! mike is think is stressing out me then me....his fan dies so he is sitting in his HOT HOT apartment....andthe other night he called me like every 5 mins....saying oh i can't sleep i miss you ect...so i need the process to hurry up!!!! maybe when you are in JA...if you have time :devil::P give him a call to get him out and about...

hahaha computer withdrawl.....that is so funny....i get too!!!!

sorry to hear that your back is giving you problems again!! just take it easy..

hope everyone has a great holiday weekend...and enjoy the fireworks!!!!

kelly....how is everything??

We went on the interview yesterday. We were told they have a backlog and may be 3-5 months before we hear anything.

Ann -- I have never heard of such a "back up" -- did they give you any more information?

Michele -- Every day Tristan is going to improve. And it sounds like it's going to take a while. Be strong and know we are here for you!!

Roy has applied to over 20 places in the past two days. We are keeping our fingers crossed that someone calls.

We are going to Taste of Chicago today and on Monday we are going to the Caribbean Festival of Life. Beenie Man is performing on Monday and I really want to see him. Neither Roy nor I are fond of crowds....it remains to be seen if we can make it to two "festivals" in two days :lol:

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just checking in... It's been a trying week for us. Tristan's health is slowly improving but we still don't know what the future holds...

I have the 5 days off; most of the time will be spent moving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

(L)(L)

We're thinking of and praying for you and Tristan. Hope your move goes well, I know you have other things to think about right now.

My heart goes out to you. We are praying for Tristan's complete recovery. We went on the interview yesterday. We were told they have a backlog and may be 3-5 months before we hear anything.

Hopefully it will come much faster than that - I'm glad you're through the interview, at least you don't have to worry about that anymore.

We are going to Taste of Chicago today and on Monday we are going to the Caribbean Festival of Life. Beenie Man is performing on Monday and I really want to see him. Neither Roy nor I are fond of crowds....it remains to be seen if we can make it to two "festivals" in two days :lol:[/color]

Eat something greasy for me and something healthy for Elias ;):P Hope you guys have a great time!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

i was touched by the USCIS today :thumbs::dance::dance::dance: ....ABOUT TIME...

:thumbs:

Dru- no updates yet?

:blink: It took some time and a teeny bit of research.

I found another couple going through the same office we are and they had their interview in May and still have not heard. I noticed another couple in June had their interview and was approved (green card in hand) 9 days later. Anthony is still in school but looking for a job that will allow him to continue school and into nursing in the fall.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dru- no updates yet?

HI all,

Wow it would never beable to remeber every single person's name.

Well, I have been hanging back lately because I cannot stand the wait, bu ti finally got my RFE today. I guess K3s are affected just the same.

Michele, hope you are hanging in there, it most be rough on you with Tristan so far and have this happen to him, but he will be ok.

Save travels to all traveling , Rhonda enjoy your mini-vacation, Kim enjoy your trip to Jamaica, I am gonna run again.

Everyone enjoy your 4th of July.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
We went on the interview yesterday. We were told they have a backlog and may be 3-5 months before we hear anything.

Ann -- I have never heard of such a "back up" -- did they give you any more information?

The officer just said that her supervisor would have to look over the case and there was a backlog. I think something else is going on because the dates have changed on processing. When we filed (Feb. 2006) they were processing cases in March 2006. Now is says November 2005.

Michele -- Every day Tristan is going to improve. And it sounds like it's going to take a while. Be strong and know we are here for you!!

Roy has applied to over 20 places in the past two days. We are keeping our fingers crossed that someone calls.

We are going to Taste of Chicago today and on Monday we are going to the Caribbean Festival of Life. Beenie Man is performing on Monday and I really want to see him. Neither Roy nor I are fond of crowds....it remains to be seen if we can make it to two "festivals" in two days :lol:

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dru- no updates yet?

Wow Michele you have an awsome memory. Best wishes with Tristians recovery slow but steady he will surely rise to being healthy. Also best wishes with the move.

Not doing much for the rest weekend. Enjoying my week off of work. Went to the flee market today and had Sunday dinner with family. My family is trying to start a new tradition of Sunday dinners. My brother and his girlfriend and I are going to the taste of Chicago. We also hate crowds so we are going later in the week. Braving the crowds there on theweekend or on the 3rd is not my cup of tea. Done that and not again unless Dwain wants to go when he gets here. I just need to put the bulletions togther for the wedding but thats all we have left. It is going so smooth and Im exited. We have music favors the party should be real noisey. Dwains mom keeps invinting more people so now the guest list is over 50. I hope she is done inviting I want it to be small.

Have you guys seen those new GO cars coming out. Would you buy one if gases prices keep going up? Why or Why not?

Everyone have a wonderful July 4th this tuesday! I need to go now and hang my flag outside... Take Care.. :D Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.