aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just catching up here, wow so much going on.

Michelle, sooooo sorry to hear about Tristan, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Congrats (a tad late) on Tenika..and to being a new wife. Cheers!

And to anyone else that has news, good or bad.

We have been fighting an awful battle here, I havent said anything to anything because it is so embarassing..but the doc did finally say we had scabies. Believe it or not, I picked it up back in February when we went on that vacation/cruise to Mexico. Then when I went to the doctor in April, she still wasnt able to diagnose it, and gave me steroid pills, thinkin it was an allergic reaction. It was so horrible and I itched so bad, I was crying every evening when it got bad, taking two/three showers a day, using calamine with little results... Well if the doc would have diagnosed it correctly then, we could have gotten rid of it, but nooo, by May I had given it to my Mom and sis and Lake. In this last two months its been the most horrible thing I have ever experienced. We have washed and dried the sheets, clothes, bedclothes until the washing machine is about shot and the dryer broke. :crying: We have Boraxed everything til the cars almost have a stream of white while going down the road...(ha) If its not one thing its another. We have used the prescription stuff 3 times now, and I am afraid to use again becuz its serious poison. We have spent over $1000 on this. :( I have finally turned to naturals (Neem oil, etc) and we are doing a cleanse I read about where you take pills (NOW I have a serious tummy ache from THEM) Thing is, Mom has them in her eyes and you cant put poison on your eyes. I have NO ideas, I have prayed to be enlightened. I wouldnt wish this on my very worst enemy, I swear. AND you really dont know if you are rid of them for about a month after you treat....now I am paranoid bout the least lil bug...Eeeeeeks!

On top of this, trying to get the trailer ready and then...we are cleaning out the basement and painting down there. Its so sad, we havent got to see my grand niece since she came home from the hospital for fear of her getting them. :crying:

So thats my rant...I didnt realize you could get something like this from traveling, its enuff to make you stay HOME! But then, you can get them from a movie theater seat, etc, as well...so... :crying:

Wow I never knew you could get something like that traveling. Get better real soon all the best.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Yea, I didnt either. But from what I read, usually you get something like this from travelling if you have never got anything like it before.

I can pinpoint EXACTLY when I got them, when I got off the plane, I had this weird/horrible rash around my waistline that I couldnt figure WHERE it came from, I didnt even think of bites, they looked like a few chigger bites, but since I hadnt been in any grass, I just dismissed it and took a shower as soon as I got to the hotel. I didnt wash my jeans (didnt realize I needed to) oh how hindsight is 20/20. I thot it was an allergic reaction due to the sprays that they do before each flight. That was back in February, mind you. I guess they take about six weeks to really manifest themselves. I have been an internet junkie trying to figure out the best CURE. lol And they DO sure keep you up all night.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

We have been fighting an awful battle here, I havent said anything to anything because it is so embarassing..but the doc did finally say we had scabies. Believe it or not, I picked it up back in February when we went on that vacation/cruise to Mexico.

Don't be embarassed - it can happen to anyone :yes: I had them once a long time ago when I was in high school. I don't even know how I got them. Luckily, they went away after one application of the cream that you put on your whole body. Tony got them when he first came here from Jamaica :o We're pretty sure he got them from the bedding in the hotel that we were staying at down there. We couldn't figure out though why I didn't have them also? His also went away with one treatment. I can't remember the name of the stuff though.

I don't understand why you can't get rid of them? Have you been back to the doctors?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have been fighting an awful battle here, I havent said anything to anything because it is so embarassing..but the doc did finally say we had scabies. Believe it or not, I picked it up back in February when we went on that vacation/cruise to Mexico.

Don't be embarassed - it can happen to anyone :yes: I had them once a long time ago when I was in high school. I don't even know how I got them. Luckily, they went away after one application of the cream that you put on your whole body. Tony got them when he first came here from Jamaica :o We're pretty sure he got them from the bedding in the hotel that we were staying at down there. We couldn't figure out though why I didn't have them also? His also went away with one treatment. I can't remember the name of the stuff though.

I don't understand why you can't get rid of them? Have you been back to the doctors?

Yes...no need to be embarrased...they have NOTHING to do with cleanliness or anything......I think it is just a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.......My friends son got them in Georgia last year and I think they gave him something called Kwell cream?????

Rhonda, Tony and Elizabeth.......have fun on your trip!!!!!!!!!

I am staying home packing cause I leave back to Jamaica next week....................YEAH!!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Jill!! I am so sorry you are going thru all this and your poor mom and her eyes. ((((HUGS))))

I don't know what to say. I will ask around (my mom, aunt, sis in law are nurses for what its worth). In the meantime, just be easy on yourself.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it is great that you waited and it really does say a lot about your level of faith and love of God. I wish more people could have that same level of committment to the teachings of the Bible (including myself). However, I have a weakness in that area and I just need to pray more

Thats the whole thing with tempation, we ourselves dont have the power. The drive for sex only makes us human, but when u rely on God' strength to do whats right it works. Please... to be honest ....there were times when temptation was soo strong, I wanted to cave in and go jump on the bed naked and say "TAKE ME NOW ..U SEXY STUD!!" :lol: . Often the turning point was considering was this worthit, it would be over in a few minutes, and I would have to walk around with the guilt. Him willing to wait, despite the stronger tempation he was going to, also affirmed his love for me.

Jonesie, Thanks for your help? So they never brought up the issue of filing late? Is AOS. EAD in one application?

HAS anyone worked with a temp EAD, and it expired while your spouse had a job. Rohan is working but I am afraid his EAD will expire before he gets approved. Does anyone know of any exstension for the EAD? I am going to research it, but any advice would be helpful

Anthony got a stamp to work when he arrived at JFK. It expired in February and he enrolled in GED classes while he waited for the EAD Card. He received it in May. The way to beat this is to be ready to marry when he gets here and file the AOS, EAD, immediately. Depending on where you live, you may get approved in 90 days.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
Oh Jill!! I am so sorry you are going thru all this and your poor mom and her eyes. ((((HUGS))))

I don't know what to say. I will ask around (my mom, aunt, sis in law are nurses for what its worth). In the meantime, just be easy on yourself.

Hmmm, I see I still dont have the quote postings down...I was trying to do everyones....anyhows, thanks for everyones well wishes, etc. Not sure why this problem is so persistent, except it took them two months to diagnose and by that time I guess the lil buggers were "ENTRENCHED". Oh man, its sooo much work to wash all three bed sheets, wipe down the beds, vacuum the corners of the bed, do ALL the clothes, I mean I have been doing like 3 loads a day on the days when we DONT do the sheets! We have had ALL the throw rugs out on the front porch for a month now, is beginning to look like the beverly hillbillies or some such. :help:

The next step is the Kwell, thats 5% Lindane tho and was avoiding it if at all possible becuz it can cause seizures in the elderly. Its also over $100 for a lil bitty tube to cover ONE person. Ouch! I looked it up in Canada and it was $8.95. Sucks. Wished I knew someone in Canada. We did do the Permethrin treatment, and that wasnt cheap, but at least it wasnt $100 a tube. I have read the lil suckers are becoming quite resistant to traditional poisons tho, so that really reassures me. (Sarcasm) Ughhh!

I think, and I dont want to curse myself here, that we got rid of them with the last treatment, except for my poor mom's eyes. They say they dont go for the eyes and face, unless its in the very young or elderly, and I just dont have a clue what to do. The last two nites while brainstorming, and on the internet, I have had her put on coconut oil on her face, I have heard any kind of critters hate coconut oil. I had asked Lake to bring some pure coconut oil home when he visited home, so thats what we have been using. She hates the smell of Neem or I would have probably fixed her up by now. My sis, Lake and I have been using a lot of Neem oil. Poor Lake, at its worst, you know, being from another country, was washing off with gasoline before he showered. Even that didnt work, and I was certainly ready to as well. Pretty bad, hmm?

Oh, and on another note...Lake did his GED math test..but we dont get results for two weeks. He is certain he failed, he said he knew he failed as soon as he opened the book, cuz it was a lot of questions he has never gone over before in any of his classes. I am hoping by some miracle he accidentally chose the right answers! :lol: The teacher thot he should go ahead and take it, becuz everyone always forgets so much over summer break. He could figure them out if he had time, but he sees that clock going and he just panics and doesnt figure ANY of them. :help: I asked if there is any way he could have a time allowance, but they just looked disapproving at me and sniffed and said it wasnt allowed. (I personally know a guy that took his in a small town and they gave him extra time, he told me about it just 3 days ago).

Well, off for the evening...nite everyone!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning everyone!!!

Jax...your wedding is coming up fast!!! wish you all the best!!!

miss kimmy...you need to stay out of trouble... :lol::lol: i'm mad i wanna go with you

well there is not a lot of flooding in my area although the creek by where i work is almost out of its bed so we shall see.....up by my parents who live more mid state there is a lot of flooding and down by philly as well..

so hopefully the 4th will will not be a wet one....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We received our interview date via postal mail

Tuesday, August 9th @ 8:30am

There have been no online updates or touches on our file

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Hey Popcorn.....when do the boys leave?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

That's it....I'm going over to the pregnancy site with Julie & Elizabeth :whistle::lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning!

Jill I hope you and Lake get better soon.

Kim have a great time in JA

Papcawn tell Richie and Jay fi nyam wan cheese patty fi mi

Ann, whenever you check in please let us know how the interview went (F)

For those of you that filed K1 and were affected by IMBRA, has there been any news concerning your cases?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline
That's it....I'm going over to the pregnancy site with Julie & Elizabeth :whistle::lol:

I don't know which website you guys frequent, but I have found lots of info at

www.babycenter.com

They have message boards for people trying to conceive and for those of us that have already conceived.

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

I don't know which website you guys frequent, but I have found lots of info at

www.babycenter.com They have message boards for people trying to conceive and for those of us that have already conceived.

How about those of us who DON'T want to conceive :lol::jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.