aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Jill,

To answer your question, YES Tony took ESL classes. He completed the first class and then started on the 2nd one, but then he started working full time and he was getting home too late to go to class so he stopped going :( We would both like to see him continue taking classes because they really seemed to help him. Hopefully sometime in the near future. He only went to school in Jamaica though 8th grade so his reading/writing skills need a lot of help!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Jill,

To answer your question, YES Tony took ESL classes. He completed the first class and then started on the 2nd one, but then he started working full time and he was getting home too late to go to class so he stopped going :( We would both like to see him continue taking classes because they really seemed to help him. Hopefully sometime in the near future. He only went to school in Jamaica though 8th grade so his reading/writing skills need a lot of help!!

Was it diffucult for him to get a job without a high school diploma?

Jill,

Was it diffucult for him to get a job without a high school diploma?

I need to go back to school to learn how to spell difficult :lol:

Jill,

No, he didn't need a diploma. He's actually working for my cousin's husband who has a roofing company. He does roofing, siding, and gutters. The worst part is that he has to work outside year round and in the winter it is awfully cold to be up on a roof :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Rita -- Good luck tomorrow. Don't forget to have yourself some fun!!!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you guys. We are going out tonight with some friends to celebrate Tashi's birthday and our last day of single living!!

I am sure all will go well with the wedding.....I ran into way to many bumps on the way for the ceremony not to go smooth!!! Tashi and I had a very late night last night. He has cold feet....worse yet..international cold feet. I spent most of yesterday bawling my eyes out because he made the comment that he didnt want to be a burden and it would be easier if he just went back to JA. I explained to him that things would soon get much easier. That a lot of the JA fiancees that come here get homesick and have trouble "depending" on the woman in their life for "everything". I took him out and bought him 5 more shirts and 2 more pairs of jeans. The majority of his clothes that were brought here were shorts and light shirts. As for the rings....I paid for them with the promise that when he started working he will buy me the next rock. I am content with the one I have tho and the stones are diamond not CZ. I have to order his ring....he has the original gold band that we exchanged in JA that we will use for the wedding but the other one is a bit nicer and has a few diamonds in it. I need to get in the shower and get ready to go....have a great weekend and I will put up some pics as soon as I can.

Blessings,

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi (F)

Congrats to all the recent newly weds and all the other great news that has been happening :dance: I am so happy to hear (read) of all the wonderful things happening for the ladies in our group. It’s awesome how God works :yes: For the upcoming weddings (Rita and Tashi / Mindy and Roy) I hope you have a fantastic time (L)

I just wanted to check in real quick and let you all know I am still alive :yes:

I have been trying to stay up on the reading but really haven’t had the chance to post. Things have been really rough the past couple of weeks and I am thoroughly exhausted and not really in the best of spirits. I hope that things will get sorted out and I can get back to the “normal” swing of things soon.

I will definitely keep in touch with you all and I love hearing about how you all are doing but it will probably be a little bit until I can be back on the board regularly…like old times. Sorry about not being able to do the suss…again I hope to be able to take that back up all in due time. Right now it is just to stressful that I have had to put aside certain things that are not necessarily top priority. I love to post here and I love doing the suss but right now my focus needs to be elsewhere.

I hope you all are enjoying having your men here and for those waiting its just a matter of time and you will be with your guy. Patience truly is a virtue.

Jamie :star:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
Hi (F)

Congrats to all the recent newly weds and all the other great news that has been happening :dance: I am so happy to hear (read) of all the wonderful things happening for the ladies in our group. It’s awesome how God works :yes: For the upcoming weddings (Rita and Tashi / Mindy and Roy) I hope you have a fantastic time (L)

I just wanted to check in real quick and let you all know I am still alive :yes:

I have been trying to stay up on the reading but really haven’t had the chance to post. Things have been really rough the past couple of weeks and I am thoroughly exhausted and not really in the best of spirits. I hope that things will get sorted out and I can get back to the “normal” swing of things soon.

I will definitely keep in touch with you all and I love hearing about how you all are doing but it will probably be a little bit until I can be back on the board regularly…like old times. Sorry about not being able to do the suss…again I hope to be able to take that back up all in due time. Right now it is just to stressful that I have had to put aside certain things that are not necessarily top priority. I love to post here and I love doing the suss but right now my focus needs to be elsewhere.

I hope you all are enjoying having your men here and for those waiting its just a matter of time and you will be with your guy. Patience truly is a virtue.

Hey Jamie. Good to see you. Take care.

Filed: Timeline
Best wishes to Rita and Tashi on their upcoming wedding!

ditto :dance:

Hi (F)

it's great to see you jme, I'll be praying for you and Andre

Thank you guys. We are going out tonight with some friends to celebrate Tashi's birthday and our last day of single living!!

I am sure all will go well with the wedding.....I ran into way to many bumps on the way for the ceremony not to go smooth!!! Tashi and I had a very late night last night. He has cold feet....worse yet..international cold feet. I spent most of yesterday bawling my eyes out because he made the comment that he didnt want to be a burden and it would be easier if he just went back to JA. I explained to him that things would soon get much easier. That a lot of the JA fiancees that come here get homesick and have trouble "depending" on the woman in their life for "everything". I took him out and bought him 5 more shirts and 2 more pairs of jeans. The majority of his clothes that were brought here were shorts and light shirts. As for the rings....I paid for them with the promise that when he started working he will buy me the next rock. I am content with the one I have tho and the stones are diamond not CZ. I have to order his ring....he has the original gold band that we exchanged in JA that we will use for the wedding but the other one is a bit nicer and has a few diamonds in it. I need to get in the shower and get ready to go....have a great weekend and I will put up some pics as soon as I can.

Blessings,

Rita

Happy Birthday Tashi!!!

Can't wait to see those pics (F)

and what does ESL mean? :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rita & Tashi - Congrats on your wedding tomorrow, I hope you guys have a beautiful day (L)

Jamie - We miss you, hoping life gets let's stressful for you (F)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline
and what does ESL mean? :blink:

ESL = English as a second language...basically language classes for people that need help with English...a lot of immigrants attend these classes to learn the language, grammer, vocabulary etc.

Timeline
Hi (F)

Jamie, I've said a prayer for you. Hang in there. (F)

Blessings,

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Blessings,

Rita

Rita, Best wishes to you and Tashi. You deserve to be happy at this time. Tashi is a very lucky guy to have you. As I said before you are wonder woman!

Timeline
Everyone have a good weekend-especially Rita and Tashi and family!

You too. :yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.