aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes:

Kelly -- How is Craig adjusting? Congratulations on finally getting him here!!

Craig is doing great !!! He's still "adjusting" to our surroundings at home.....like getting used to 2 cats and one is about 30 lbs (and sleeps at the end of my bed) and the other afraid of Craig. As I type, Craig is playing with the likkle one with a cat toy.

He just told me that he wants to make dinner tonight, so we're gonna go to his 1st "big" grocery store today (cause I haven't had any time to go shopping) and my son wants to go take him to Toys R Us.

Welcome back home...I love San Diego.

I'll be checking in with eveyone in a couple days.

Kelly, glad to hear everything is going great. :yes::yes:

Kelly-glad to hear everyone's adjusting well. I'm always curious about newcomer's reactions and misconceptions about their new surroundings. So, for Craig and Kelly and those whose SO's have never been to the US before their visa was issued; what was the biggest misconception they had about the US?

Kelly do you have a wedding date set yet? Small or large wedding? I know that you mentioned in the past that your family probably will not be receptive to Craig (interracial marriage). Do you think they'll change their minds once you get married?

For everyone else with wedding/reception/ceremony plans in the works, how's it going?

Squito? Jax? Julie?

How are the mommies-to-be doing? Also new mommies Juliana (babyjules), Georgia(popcorn)?

Mindy how did Roy like San Diego?

Best wishes to Ann and Anthony on their upcoming interview next week!!

Dru; no recent touches? :(

For those who have finished with their journeys for the time being, and those who started but for various reasons were not able to get off the ground or complete (like me); please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing :yes: . As for me-things are looking up; for now :whistle: ...will keep you posted.

Anna, how's your weight loss going? I was doing pretty good, then the move caused all this stress and the pounds mysteriously B) piled back on :o It'a a never ending battle :yes:

Have a good weekend everyone!!

What do you mean, things are looking up???????????????????, Michele

Hi everyone just checkin.. Can't read that much just got out of the hospital. We think it was food posining. Stay away from those Chinese Buffets :devil: I will check with you all later when I feel better. Hope everything is going great!

Jax

Sorry to hear about that. You have to be so careful. My sister almost died from food poisoning about four years ago, she was in ICU for a while. We think it was Long John Silvers but couldn't prove anything, at least the doctors said they were not sure what it came from. Hope you are feeling much better.

Please keep us in your thoughts. Tristan was shot today on his way to work. The hospital won't release any information to me and I haven't been able to reach his mom since she called me this morning. I'm devasated and praying that he will be ok. Please, please pray for us.

Michele, I am sorry sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and prayers. Tristan was shot 3 times but no vital organs were hit; thank God. I was able to speak to him briefly and he seems to be doing alright considering.

Kim, he's in Cornwall Regional Hospital in MoBay; I hope the care they have there is good.

I found out this was a case of mistaken identity and frankly I'm afraid for him to go home again. I wish he was here with me now.

Thanks again for your support (L) .

Michele

Timeline

TO RHONDA!!!

This will keep you occupied!!

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/site/index.htm

(Try to keep the drunk guy from tipping over by guiding with your cursor.)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well Heloo...i am back although NOT by my choosing....owoke up this morning and i looked accros the bed and mike wasn't there and just flet So alone and even though he gave me onw of his t-shirts it isn't the same.... this process is killing me day by day :(

Although on the bright side i am glad to be back to air conditioning(his fan broke the lst night i was there...luckly he borrowed one from his cousin) NO ANTS or BUGS and i think i got like 50 bug bites that itch like crazy...

mike entered this modeling contest(he will be on tv on friday in ja..hhehe) anyway they told him he was too tal :blink: l...hahaha he is like 6'8 and he needs to be more like 6'5 oh well i guess height isn't always good :no::lol::lol:

hope all is well for everyone!!!!!

Michelle....i am so sorry to hear what happend!!!my thoughts go out to you (L)

Please keep us in your thoughts. Tristan was shot today on his way to work. The hospital won't release any information to me and I haven't been able to reach his mom since she called me this morning. I'm devasated and praying that he will be ok. Please, please pray for us.
I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and prayers. Tristan was shot 3 times but no vital organs were hit; thank God. I was able to speak to him briefly and he seems to be doing alright considering.

Kim, he's in Cornwall Regional Hospital in MoBay; I hope the care they have there is good.

I found out this was a case of mistaken identity and frankly I'm afraid for him to go home again. I wish he was here with me now.

Michele

That's wonderful that you got to speak to him.....must make you feel a little better. I am sure they will take good care of him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Tristan.

Well Heloo...i am back although NOT by my choosing

Welcome Home!! Don't worry, before you know it Mike will be here!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michele

Good morning all...

Thank God Tristan is okay. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Welcome back Nannygirl.

Going back to catch up.

Timeline

GOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!! :D

Nebraska Jill: How are you???

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning-

Shemonya-check you pm......

Welcome home Nanny...it sucks being home, huh??? Yep...I know how that feels!!

Hi Kelly-hope all is going well with you and Craig.....

Michele-Hope Tristan is doing better today...I am sure he hospital will treat him well......that is sooooo crazy...do the police know anything or who shot him??????

Take care!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

I hope your wedding night was better than anticipated!! I think that is sooo wonderful that you waited until the wedding to share that special moment..... :wub:

I wish I could say the same but you know...... I am tooooo devilish!!! :devil:(L):devil::innocent:

I agree - I couldn't and wouldn't wait either :whistle::devil::innocent: To me that's a very important part of deciding who you're compatible with - you have to be compatible in ALL areas :lol::P

Me and Rohan are both strong bible believing Christians, although temptation was strong sometimes during the courting process we both knew that the bible, which is the foundation of our Christianity condemned premaritial sex. It didnt stop him from putting the argument to me a couple time when tempationw as at its highest, or him from giving me stories about people who waited until their wedding day and found out their partner has "no where to recieve him: :o:P

All in all because he knew he was wrong it did not take much argument for him to see his wrong and reaffirm that we must wait. Although sex is important in marriage, I didnt think that was so important in deciding who I should marry, long as he has his organ in the proper place, and I know I was in order, nothing else really matter. As a matter of fact I wouldnt have wanted a man that was sooo experienced in bed, that would show he has been around the block. Anyway if on are wedding day I would have found he have no male organ :ranting: , I would have gotten the marriage annulled, the church would have allowed it too because we did not sleep together.

JONESIE- Congrats on the interview date!

MICHELLE- I am sorry to hear about Tristan, but thank God he is ok, i just prayed for him and will keep him in prayer

Welcome Home -Nannygirl and Craig

:help: :help: Did anyone file AOS after the 90 days??

I see I need the marriage certificate and they are saying it takes 8 weeks. Rohan K1 expires July 21. Is AOS, EAD, and AP, the same application and sent to the same place.---THANKS

Edited by tenika

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I see I need the marriage certificate and they are saying it takes 8 weeks. Rohan K1 expires July 21. Is AOS, EAD, and AP, the same application and sent to the same place.---THANKS

Our I94 expired April 6th and we mailed AOS/EAD at end of April, received NOAs early May.

Good morning everyone

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope your wedding night was better than anticipated!! I think that is sooo wonderful that you waited until the wedding to share that special moment..... :wub:

I wish I could say the same but you know...... I am tooooo devilish!!! :devil:(L):devil::innocent:

I agree - I couldn't and wouldn't wait either :whistle::devil::innocent: To me that's a very important part of deciding who you're compatible with - you have to be compatible in ALL areas :lol::P

Me and Rohan are both strong bible believing Christians, although temptation was strong sometimes during the courting process we both knew that the bible, which is the foundation of our Christianity condemned premaritial sex. It didnt stop him from putting the argument to me a couple time when tempationw as at its highest, or him from giving me stories about people who waited until their wedding day and found out their partner has "no where to recieve him: :o:P

All in all because he knew he was wrong it did not take much argument for him to see his wrong and reaffirm that we must wait. Although sex is important in marriage, I didnt think that was so important in deciding who I should marry, long as he has his organ in the proper place, and I know I was in order, nothing else really matter. As a matter of fact I wouldnt have wanted a man that was sooo experienced in bed, that would show he has been around the block. Anyway if on are wedding day I would have found he have no male organ :ranting: , I would have gotten the marriage annulled, the church would have allowed it too because we did not sleep together.

JONESIE- Congrats on the interview date!

MICHELLE- I am sorry to hear about Tristan, but thank God he is ok, i just prayed for him and will keep him in prayer

Welcome Home -Nannygirl and Craig

Hey Tenika-

I think it is great that you waited and it really does say a lot about your level of faith and love of God. I wish more people could have that same level of committment to the teachings of the Bible (including myself). However, I have a weakness in that area and I just need to pray more.......I also think that compatibility in the bedroom is important but I believe it can be worked on together as long as two people love each other strong, respect each other strong and of course...they HAVE to be equipped with the right "organ"....OR Annullment would be the answer...... :yes:

YOU GO GIRL!!!...I am glad you waited....... :thumbs:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
I think it is great that you waited and it really does say a lot about your level of faith and love of God. I wish more people could have that same level of committment to the teachings of the Bible (including myself). However, I have a weakness in that area and I just need to pray more

Thats the whole thing with tempation, we ourselves dont have the power. The drive for sex only makes us human, but when u rely on God' strength to do whats right it works. Please... to be honest ....there were times when temptation was soo strong, I wanted to cave in and go jump on the bed naked and say "TAKE ME NOW ..U SEXY STUD!!" :lol: . Often the turning point was considering was this worthit, it would be over in a few minutes, and I would have to walk around with the guilt. Him willing to wait, despite the stronger tempation he was going to, also affirmed his love for me.

Jonesie, Thanks for your help? So they never brought up the issue of filing late? Is AOS. EAD in one application?

HAS anyone worked with a temp EAD, and it expired while your spouse had a job. Rohan is working but I am afraid his EAD will expire before he gets approved. Does anyone know of any exstension for the EAD? I am going to research it, but any advice would be helpful

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just finish catching up,

Michelle ( jamaicatoCT)- so sorry to hear about Tristan, I am also very glad to hearthat he is ok. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Nannygirl-welcome back, the distance tends to be worst when you see your so and then you get separated again.

Tenika- Congrats on you wedding ( sorry I am late) good for you to wait.

Kelly- welcome to america Craig

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michele

I am glad to hear that Tristian wasn't serious injuried and it was not life threating. Cornwall Regional Hospital is a very good hospital. Our college works with that hospital when we bring nurses down. I have been there so don't be worried he is getting good care.

Well Heloo...i am back although NOT by my choosing....owoke up this morning and i looked accros the bed and mike wasn't there and just flet So alone and even though he gave me onw of his t-shirts it isn't the same.... this process is killing me day by day :(

Although on the bright side i am glad to be back to air conditioning(his fan broke the lst night i was there...luckly he borrowed one from his cousin) NO ANTS or BUGS and i think i got like 50 bug bites that itch like crazy...

mike entered this modeling contest(he will be on tv on friday in ja..hhehe) anyway they told him he was too tal :blink: l...hahaha he is like 6'8 and he needs to be more like 6'5 oh well i guess height isn't always good :no::lol::lol:

hope all is well for everyone!!!!!

Michelle....i am so sorry to hear what happend!!!my thoughts go out to you (L)

Shauna

I know how u feel girl feeling the blues of your missing love one. Soon he will be here thats what I always think. It kills me too. I am just thinking after about 9 years we will finally be togther after all the paper work get threw. You are so close with your interview and then he will be right by your side and new challenges will arise. I bet its nice to be home without the bugs and air condition. Dwain said we wont be having the air condition on at the villa cause it makes him sick. I think I may fall over of heat exhaustion I might just need to sneack it on sometime :lol::lol: crazy man. Wow and I thought Dwain was tall. Mike is 6'8 oh my goodness. Well welcome back Shauna and all the best!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.