aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone - Hope you all are having a good Friday.

Welcome home Craig :dance:

Good luck job hunting Ann, you want to trade?? I would be happy to retire for you and you can go to work for me :thumbs: You'll be just fine at your AOS interview. AOS is nothing compared to Kingston, it will be quick and painless. What do you all have together so far?

We have all the ID, drivers, passport, EAD, birth cert., appt. ltr, 797, ss card,

Marriage lic. tax returns joint bills, joint bank, joint car ins. wedding pics. cards, mail, pay stubs, letters from job, ltr from friends, I-693 sup./cards, ATM card

Anything else?

Welcome to the US Craig!! :dance:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kelly-glad to hear everyone's adjusting well. I'm always curious about newcomer's reactions and misconceptions about their new surroundings. So, for Craig and Kelly and those whose SO's have never been to the US before their visa was issued; what was the biggest misconception they had about the US?

The first thing Michael asked me was where all the police were. For some reason he thought we would have police everywhere here :huh:

For everyone else with wedding/reception/ceremony plans in the works, how's it going?

Squito? Jax? Julie?

It's going OK, I should probably have more done than I do, but having the baby and the wedding at the same time is making me give more decisions to the hotel. I'm just going to trust that they will put something together I will like. All the major stuff is in the works though... just the little details need to be put together.

How are the mommies-to-be doing? Also new mommies Juliana (babyjules), Georgia(popcorn)?

Me and the baby are doing just fine. Only about 6 weeks to go now, I can't believe how fasst it has gone. We just finished our parenting and delivery classes today, we're done with all of our classes now... the rest is up to us :o:wacko:

We have all the ID, drivers, passport, EAD, birth cert., appt. ltr, 797, ss card,

Marriage lic. tax returns joint bills, joint bank, joint car ins. wedding pics. cards, mail, pay stubs, letters from job, ltr from friends, I-693 sup./cards, ATM card

Anything else?

Sounds like you got it all together :yes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline
I'm always curious about newcomer's reactions and misconceptions about their new surroundings. So, for those whose SO's have never been to the US before their visa was issued; what was the biggest misconception they had about the US?

The first thing Michael asked me was where all the police were. For some reason he thought we would have police everywhere here :huh:

Could be all those crime/drama American TV shows and movies. Sadly too, what is shown on the international news usually shows a bad light on American life. Some areas do have all that police presence though.

Julie will your family and friends in the US be going to Jamaica for the wedding? Are you planning a large celebration?

Timeline

Kelly-glad to hear everyone's adjusting well. I'm always curious about newcomer's reactions and misconceptions about their new surroundings. So, for Craig and Kelly and those whose SO's have never been to the US before their visa was issued; what was the biggest misconception they had about the US?

Kelly do you have a wedding date set yet? Small or large wedding? I know that you mentioned in the past that your family probably will not be receptive to Craig (interracial marriage). Do you think they'll change their minds once you get married?

He was sooo surprised about how BIG the roads are and everything SO spread out. He can't believe how everything is so strict, like having to wear a seat back, especially in the back seat (Craig and my son play "shot gun" and Craig always loses). We have neighbors that have dogs and he couldn't believe you just can't let the dogs run around..... leash law, here AND pick up after your dog !!

We're shooting for Aug 18th...but I haven't even thought about it. He wants BIG, but that won't be happenin this go round......plus no funds. I said to Craig, we'll save and we'll have that big celebration in Jamaica, hopefully next year. A good friend of mine said we can get married in his backyard and his gfriend decorates (and bakes) cakes. Another good friend of mine, is marrying us. Craig knows all of my friends that will be there to support us and his brother is here (for a year) and lives in Philly, he'll be there...plus maybe 2 of his cousins.

My parents and family won't know that I'm getting married.....in their eyes, Craig will be "my friend". They don't need to know the rest, cause they don't care.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I haven't even looked and researched into the next steps...............what comes next ? or what *should* I start working on?

-Social Security Card?

-Marriage

-then the paperwork for AOS & EAD ? How long after we're married to I have to get that paperwork in? Just before 90 days are over? How about more medical stuff ?

When did you get joint bank accounts and the sharing of things? After the marriage?

Thanks....the questions now start....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone just checkin.. Can't read that much just got out of the hospital. We think it was food posining. Stay away from those Chinese Buffets :devil: I will check with you all later when I feel better. Hope everything is going great!

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Kelly do you have a wedding date set yet? Small or large wedding? I know that you mentioned in the past that your family probably will not be receptive to Craig (interracial marriage). Do you think they'll change their minds once you get married?

He was sooo surprised about how BIG the roads are and everything SO spread out. He can't believe how everything is so strict, like having to wear a seat back, especially in the back seat (Craig and my son play "shot gun" and Craig always loses). We have neighbors that have dogs and he couldn't believe you just can't let the dogs run around..... leash law, here AND pick up after your dog !!

We're shooting for Aug 18th...but I haven't even thought about it. He wants BIG, but that won't be happenin this go round......plus no funds. I said to Craig, we'll save and we'll have that big celebration in Jamaica, hopefully next year. A good friend of mine said we can get married in his backyard and his gfriend decorates (and bakes) cakes. Another good friend of mine, is marrying us. Craig knows all of my friends that will be there to support us and his brother is here (for a year) and lives in Philly, he'll be there...plus maybe 2 of his cousins.

My parents and family won't know that I'm getting married.....in their eyes, Craig will be "my friend". They don't need to know the rest, cause they don't care.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I haven't even looked and researched into the next steps...............what comes next ? or what *should* I start working on?

-Social Security Card?

-Marriage

-then the paperwork for AOS & EAD ? How long after we're married to I have to get that paperwork in? Just before 90 days are over? How about more medical stuff ?

When did you get joint bank accounts and the sharing of things? After the marriage?

Thanks....the questions now start....

Hey Kelly-

Sounds like the second phse is filled with tons of new questions and great new experiences!!! E-mail me when you have time...need to get that Hilton booked......

Say hi to Craig!!

Hi everyone just checkin.. Can't read that much just got out of the hospital. We think it was food posining. Stay away from those Chinese Buffets :devil: I will check with you all later when I feel better. Hope everything is going great!

Jax

Hey Jax-

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling great....Hope you feel better soon!! My son was hospitalized for food posioning after eating at a chinese buffet a few years back..... Since then I have stayed clear of them!!! Now I will make sure to bypass them when I see em!!!

TAKE CARE AND FEEL BETTER SOON!!! :star:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

Good morning all (F)

Jax, hope you're feeling better soon. Me and one of my friends had a mild case of food poisoning from one such buffet a couple of years ago. I haven't been back since :no: . Make sure you replace your fluids and minerals(electrolytes) that were lost.

Take care,

Michele

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Popcorn - Congratulations on the AOS interview.

girl i am here scared outta mi mind.............

MORNING GUYS..... just got up and thought i could feed jay and go back to bed, now he wants to play

Edited by popcorn1012

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow it really quiet in here this morning

ohh i added a new pic of jayden..... in his yankees cap!

Edited by popcorn1012

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wow it really quiet in here this morning

ohh i added a new pic of jayden..... in his yankees cap!

Yankees rule! Good baby Jayden! :thumbs:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone (F)

The wedding and Honeymoon was awesome, Up until the last night I was just running around. Until my bridal party made me go home. We started a little late it was wonderful. Rohan blue the house away and had everyone on their feet when he sound me a beautiful accompella song that he wrote. I felt so special. All my church brethren came together and did the food and clean up and transporting. The wedding night was awesome everything was just perfect.

For the Honeymoon

We went to the Poconos, in PA,. we did a lot of swimming, min golf, walking, working out, games, and just a lot of quality, quiet time, the resort has a nice size private Jacuzzi, :blush:

My 8 years of celibacy is now over :thumbs::dancing::content: , I am now MRS. TENIKA BAILEY.

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
Hey Everyone (F)

The wedding and Honeymoon was awesome, Up until the last night I was just running around. Until my bridal party made me go home. We started a little late it was wonderful. Rohan blue the house away and had everyone on their feet when he sound me a beautiful accompella song that he wrote. I felt so special. All my church brethren came together and did the food and clean up and transporting. The wedding night was awesome everything was just perfect.

For the Honeymoon

We went to the Poconos, in PA,. we did a lot of swimming, min golf, walking, working out, games, and just a lot of quality, quiet time, the resort has a nice size private Jacuzzi, :blush:

My 8 years of celibacy is now over :thumbs::dancing::content: , I am now MRS. TENIKA BAILEY.

Awww Congratulations, Mrs. Bailey!!!! (F) I am so happy everything worked out to perfection and you had a wonderful honeymoon!!!! :thumbs:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Hey Everyone (F)

For the Honeymoon

Crongratzzzzz....Mrs. Bailey!!!

I hope your wedding night was better than anticipated!! I think that is sooo wonderful that you waited until the wedding to share that special moment..... :wub:

I wish I could say the same but you know...... I am tooooo devilish!!! :devil:(L):devil::innocent:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Rude Bwoy Post of the Day:

Rass: What Does It Mean To You?

RASS POWERFUL

How could we forget a word as important as RASS and its many RASS uses?

1. RASS is a good way to finish a sentence that lacks excitement...

tekki back 2RASS!

Gimme back 2RASS!

2. RASS can be used in biology eg.....

Look pan di gal RASS!

3. It can be used as a warning of future troubles.... cover yu RASS!

4. It can ward off unwanted sexual advances....

me nah gi yu me numba yu ugly RASS!

move yu RASS from me, 2RASS!

5. It can describe extreme pain....

it hot nuh RASS!

me granny gi me some RASS licks!

6. It can describe size.....

yuh foot dem big nuh RASS!

him have a RASS mouth deh!

As you can see RASS is the West Indian all-purpose word.

Use it as often as yu RASS feel.

7. Greeting...... How de RASS yu do?

Fraud.........Yu too RASS tief!

Dismay........RASS!

Trouble.......Oh RASS!

Aggression....Watch yu RASS self!

Disgust.......Cho RASS!

Confusion.....Wha di RASS a gwaan!

Incompetence..A wha di RASS yu a do....RASS-idiot!

Lost..........Whe di RASS we deh!

Pleasure......it nice nuh RASS!

Retaliation...Yu RASS-claat...

And of course..kiss mi RASS!

Me done to RASS!!

NOW.....Go do yu RASS work!!

:blush::lol::whistle::blush:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Congratulations Mrs. Bailey!! :dance: :dance:

Mindy how did Roy like San Diego?

Roy loved it there. We would both love to live there but it is just too expensive. My sister has a good job and her husband is a "class action" attorney -- so he makes a ton of $$$$$$ Needless to say, we will just be visiting.... B)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.