aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning Everyone - Happy Thursday :luv:

Welcome home Kim! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday, that was so sweet of him to throw you such a big party (L) Oh... and Happy Belated Birthday!

Rhonda :dance::dance: congrats on your "inbetween" trip :thumbs: I would take one of those for a normal trip :lol: Tony is going to be so surprised & happy.

And last but not least:

Welcome Home Mindy

Hope you had a wonderful time in CA :yes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening!

Just got home from Jamaica tonight.....it was a great trip. The weather was hotter than hell!!! I think I sweated 10 lbs. off. Hotter than I can remember........Shauna...pack light...you will need barely any clothes.....have a safe trip.....

My birthday was great...Duane gave me a surprise birthday party....he was soooo damn cute.....apparently he has been planning it for 3 weeks. He bought me a big beautiful cake from the bakery and he bought tons of food. He had his mom, sister and cousins help him cook. We had fish, curry chicken, fried chicken, rice and peas, salad and he even made tacos!!! :lol: I taught him how to cook tacos and he made about 100 tacos. On my birthday, he took me and his kids to the beach and Margaritaville. He left me with the kids at the beach for 2 hours...I was sooooo pissed at him......When he came back.....he was acting all weird........then we went home and when I opened the front door, 40 people jumped out screaming....."surprise"!!!!

I almost dropped my heart!!! He set up music with a DJ......and decorated the house with balloons.......He was so sweet.....he told me that he wanted to give me the best birthday I ever had..... :blush: ............ HE DID!!!!1 :thumbs::thumbs:

Anyways...I head back to JA in two weeks for his appointment.....we are both soooo excited....Usually...I cry at the airport but this time I kept saying...I will see you in two weeks and hopefully...you will fly home with me next time......We can only pray!!!!

Well...I am off to bed now...a little jet lagged.....plus...I though I ws coming home to cooler weather nd the temperature in Cali is just as hot as Jamaica..........Oh Boy!!!! :(

What a nice surprise. He is extremely thoughtful and his family must love really love you. I just love it! :luv:

Lee

Lee- you are crazy :no::no:;) , thanks for that wake up call :thumbs: , I sure needed that laugh.

No problem. You know you're my girl. :yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening!

Just got home from Jamaica tonight.....it was a great trip. The weather was hotter than hell!!! I think I sweated 10 lbs. off. Hotter than I can remember........Shauna...pack light...you will need barely any clothes.....have a safe trip.....

My birthday was great...Duane gave me a surprise birthday party....he was soooo damn cute.....apparently he has been planning it for 3 weeks. He bought me a big beautiful cake from the bakery and he bought tons of food. He had his mom, sister and cousins help him cook. We had fish, curry chicken, fried chicken, rice and peas, salad and he even made tacos!!! :lol: I taught him how to cook tacos and he made about 100 tacos. On my birthday, he took me and his kids to the beach and Margaritaville. He left me with the kids at the beach for 2 hours...I was sooooo pissed at him......When he came back.....he was acting all weird........then we went home and when I opened the front door, 40 people jumped out screaming....."surprise"!!!!

I almost dropped my heart!!! He set up music with a DJ......and decorated the house with balloons.......He was so sweet.....he told me that he wanted to give me the best birthday I ever had..... :blush: ............ HE DID!!!!1 :thumbs::thumbs:

Anyways...I head back to JA in two weeks for his appointment.....we are both soooo excited....Usually...I cry at the airport but this time I kept saying...I will see you in two weeks and hopefully...you will fly home with me next time......We can only pray!!!!

Well...I am off to bed now...a little jet lagged.....plus...I though I ws coming home to cooler weather nd the temperature in Cali is just as hot as Jamaica..........Oh Boy!!!! :(

Kim I am glad to hear you had a great trip. That is a wonderful thing he did for your birthday. Could he please teach Dwain how to do those things for me. Sounds like you have a keeper for sure. Best Wishes for your visit in 2 weeks!!!

It is really dead in here today or what.. Did everyone fly away or is on vacation??? What are u all up to?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

It is really dead in here today or what.. Did everyone fly away or is on vacation??? What are u all up to?

Hey Kim ...welcome home. Email me when you get a moment.

I'm just gearin up for Craig's arrival TONIGHT !!! and his flippin flight is an hour late....argh! I can't believe he's finally going to be here !! My son is BOUNCING off the walls with excitment !!

My apartment is still a total wreck from my hot water heater exploding this past Sat am (the day we were leaving for my son's soccer tournament in Delaware), and as I was moving a bookshelf (no books in it) with my son, I threw out my back ....to the point that I fell to the floor in the most excruciating pain I've ever felt and also my neighbors pipe in her bathroom bursting (and leaked into my bedroom closet) a couple of days before that!! All of the work is STILL not finished....tomorrow they say, but stuff is EVERYwhere !!!!

Craig, welcome to MY crazy busy life !!!

Now... onto the NEXT crazy madness part of this journey !

Oh and Craig had said the day that he went to back to the Embassy....they were giving our VISA's out like candy !!! He said the place was JAMmed packed. I told him what happened to Ms Squitto-in-law.....and he was like ??? huh, what ...how could that be?? I hope the congress person really helps you with this !!!

Thanks again for the support :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening everyone!

I have been busy getting documents ready for our interview on June 29. I am so nervous about this. We sure could use a stamp of approval.

I am job hunting myself. Retirement is not for me.

Happy Tuesday Everyone :D

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up. I've successfully stuffed all 3 of us into our bedroom until my roommate gets out of our 3rd bedroom. Thanks for checking on me :luv:

Popcorn - Congrats on the interview, it will come up very fast. And goodluck to Richie on his permit test :thumbs:

Guess What Everyone - WE GOT THE GREENCARD YESTERDAY!! I can't believe we're really truly done for 2 years. What a nice feeling.

Congratulations on the Greencard!!! I know this is a great feeling.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening everyone!

I have been busy getting documents ready for our interview on June 29. I am so nervous about this. We sure could use a stamp of approval.

Evening everyone!

Retirement was not for me or my wallet.

Congratulations to everyone on their trips and Welcome to the States Craig.

Edited by woogietail

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whoa, it's completely dead in here today...wha gwaan???

I'm doing a candy buffet at my wedding next month and I was trying to figure out how to get icey mints in bulk...any ideas????

what kind? soft mints or the hard ones? what's icey?

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Hello ladies :luv:

Just catching up - :angry: only 1 page since last night? You guys are slacking :P Where's Mindy at? We need some action in here :lol:

Kim - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice birthday.

Kelly - Wow! Today's the big day :yes: Let us know how everything goes.

Squitto - what is a candy buffet? I've never heard of that :unsure:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello all,

Congrats to everyone who deserves/needs it, been away for a bit.

This stupid landowner of our trailer is giving us grief, so we decided to sell it, and it needs some attention before we do. Like hanging some better curtains, minor stuff, but time consuming. Stupid landowner, I swear, we have been SOOOO diligent about keeping the grass mowed, I think he just doesnt like us. We have a few items (neatly) stored in our car port thingie. Well last year he sent us a letter to keep the grass mowed and the garden weeded (we went 2 weeks and 4 days, but it was spring and it DID grow!), AND he doesnt want ANYTHING in the garage except a boat or a car. All we had in there was our lawnmower, two ladders, some wood, and the spare winter/storm windows. So we neatened it all up as best we could, I mean..where are we supposed to store a lawnmower, out in the rain? What in the ####### did we put in a garage for? So anyhow, he says if we store stuff in it, it should have a front, and back and doors and all that. It really looks pretty neat tho, not much junk in there at all and its very neat to the side.

Well, this spring, again comes a letter. We havent let it go for over two weeks without mowing, well NOW he decides he doesnt want any more painting like we had done on the trailer done on the garage. We really werent PLANNING on it, the only reason we did the trailer is that it was super ugly and needed painting so badly, and we really bunged the job up when we tried it. AND the garage is an issue again! If you look out our front window, there is a huge pile of brush and ####### and firewood that hasnt been cleaned up since we bot the place. So...he is just being super picky and must want to get rid of us, is all we can figure. :crying: We drove around and there are a lot of places that REALLY need attention, and everyone we asked said they cant figure what the problem is. Buts its just TOO hard to upkeep when someone is on your butt like that, even tho I love the place dearly. :crying:

We have been up there, but still havent got all the work done we need, for sure in order to show the place. It definitely looks "lived in". We made the mistake of buying the first one you see when you drive in, and I think the guy wants a "show place". And when we are there, if you drive by, you can see in and we always have stuff on the table, like peanut butter and the salt/pepper shakers, etc. And sometimes various cups/drinking mugs, or etc. I would love for everything to be in its place, but am not one of those people thats ####### about putting things away as soon as I use them, I DO leave the salt out, etc. I am sure it "bugs" them, that when they drive by they can see clutter inside. Its a CABIN for pity sake, so things dont always get put away, cuz I would rather go fishing than be cleaning off the darned counters for people driving by! Sheesh! Well, anyway, thats my rant!

I went to Akins today and spent $80, thats another rant..wow that place is expensive.

Elizabeth, have you been taking B-6? I read thats another pregnancy wanna be must have vitamin. Its expecially good for that luteal phase defect they talk about...which I might have cuz I AM getting older. That and evening primrose oil. It must be doing me SOME good, cuz things have really evened out as far as hormones and I am feeling a whole lot more energetic. Heck, mebbe its all the curry, who knows??? ;)

Well, want to wish everyone good night.

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome home Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your nice birthday wishes....this has truly been a wonderful birthday...especially knowing that we might be coming close to an end of this first phase... I leave agin for JA on July 6th.....just booked my airline ticket today....I had enough mileage to get a free ticket..WHOA HOAHHHH!!!! (well...plus those dutty likkle taxes....)

Hey...anyone have any ideas on how to save some money booking the night at the Hilton in Kingston. We need to stay overnight since our appoinment is at 7:00am...They say Hilton is the closest and safest...any thoughts guys???? I need all the help I can get cause my budget is gone and my family has been helping me....... :hehe:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

Goodmorning all,

Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO,

Happy belated b-day Kim!!

Welcome to America Criag.

Well as for me I am getting back to the single life and I hate to admit it but I am kind of enjoying it right now...I am so glad all of your relationships are going well!!! Adrian will leave to go back to JA next month, I know he is not happy about that and this may sound rude but "life goes on" I know what ever he decides to do in his life he will succeed, I just pray that things work out for him.

Well I will check in every once in a while but for now I am going to stay away from the VJ site and move forward in my life....I love you guys!!!

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.