aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I'm a bit peeved right now :angry: I really really hate the Kingston Embassy, it's staffed with complete and total a$$holes. I just got a call from Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa. She brought with her an invitation letter from Squito and I, the actual wedding invitation, a letter from her school (she's a teacher), her bank statements, and her pay stubs. And she was denied anyway. This is a 65 year old married woman who owns her home and works full time. She has very strong ties to the island is NOT a flight risk in the least. It's so upsetting that even after explaining to the officer that she only plans to stay for 2 weeks to attend her son's wedding they denied her anyway. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:ranting::protest:

What?!! See, I just don't understand. This makes no sense at all, I don't get how some people get approved and the next person doesn't. Ugh... I'm just so sorry she got denied.

I don't get it. They didn't even give a reason for denial, they simply said "a visitor visa cannot be issued at this time". She said it was very crowded in there and they seemed to be rushing to get people out of there. She said she was interviewed by a woman who didn't even review her employment letter or her bank statements. The unfortunate thing is that, with the visitors visa, there's no way to appeal. You can try again however, but you also have to pay the $100 fee again. Did I mention that the fee is non refundable :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Ms. Suitto, I am so sorry!!! That is really just how Kingston goes with the tourist visas!! No rhyme! No reason! Henry's best man came with similar evidence as your MIL. He's a minister with four churches and a teaching job. He too is a homeowner and has a fiance and a wedding for which invites went out and a hotel in Mobay booked for the reception. And they did not look at the letters from the job or the bank statements, did not look at the contract with the hotel (He would loose some serious loot if he did not come back) and they denied him. Now get this: another friend of his brother's goes to the embassy with NOTHING but an invite letter and some 500JD in the bank. Guess what? He got the visa. And guess what? Right now he is in Georgia and married a nurse within 2 months of his arrival. :angry::angry::angry:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Hi everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry Ms Squitto about the interview. Hopefully you will be able to videotape it and give her a copy.

Well, we just got back from Atlanta and we had a succesful interview. :thumbs:

The appointment was at 12 p.m. and the security officer didn't let us in until about 11:30. So we got to the room at 11:40. There were a lot of other people in the room before us and a lot came in after us. I saw several lawyers come in, so then I started to wonder if everyone brought lawyers. We decided not to ask our lawyer to go with us b/c I felt like I did most of the work anyway.

We were thinking that we were going to be in there a long time based on all the other people ahead of us. However, at 12 p.m. exactly the door opened and a lady called our name. We couldn't believe it. The lady we had was very nice. She asked for our EAD, AP, I-94, and our IDs. Then she asked the following questions:

When did we meet?

Have you ever been to the U.S. prior to now?

Have you committed a crime?

Do you plan to have multiple wives?

Do you work?

When did we get married?

That's really about it. She didn't ask for any evidence such as pictures, bills, insurance, etc... She didn't ask for anything that was listed on that interview letter announcement.

From the time she called our name, we were out of the building within 15 minutes!! Oh, she did give Dice a stamp in his passport automatically so he can travel now without the greencard. She said that we should get that within 2 weeks. So now I'm about to see if I can get a reasonable flight for him since the funeral is on Saturday.

Can you imagine if I would have had my lawyer come for that? We probably would have paid at least $300 for him. So we made the right decision.

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and prayers!!!

Saundra

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry Ms Squitto about the interview. Hopefully you will be able to videotape it and give her a copy.

The appointment was at 12 p.m. and the security officer didn't let us in until about 11:30. So we got to the room at 11:40. There were a lot of other people in the room before us and a lot came in after us. I saw several lawyers come in, so then I started to wonder if everyone brought lawyers. We decided not to ask our lawyer to go with us b/c I felt like I did most of the work anyway.

We were thinking that we were going to be in there a long time based on all the other people ahead of us. However, at 12 p.m. exactly the door opened and a lady called our name. We couldn't believe it. The lady we had was very nice. She asked for our EAD, AP, I-94, and our IDs. Then she asked the following questions:

When did we meet?

Do you work?

When did we get married?

That's really about it. She didn't ask for any evidence such as pictures, bills, insurance, etc... She didn't ask for anything that was listed on that interview letter announcement.

From the time she called our name, we were out of the building within 15 minutes!! Oh, she did give Dice a stamp in his passport automatically so he can travel now without the greencard. She said that we should get that within 2 weeks. So now I'm about to see if I can get a reasonable flight for him since the funeral is on Saturday.

Can you imagine if I would have had my lawyer come for that? We probably would have paid at least $300 for him. So we made the right decision.

Saundra

Wow!!! that's certainly is a great interview,congrats :dance::dance::dance:

Shar

Filed: Timeline
We got our AOS intervire on August 16th....... Lord this long list a things to bring.

richie going to get his permit today so lets see how that goes! :help::help::help:

Best wishes on your upcoming interview and good luck to Richie today :thumbs:

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up.

Guess What Everyone - WE GOT THE GREENCARD YESTERDAY!! I can't believe we're really truly done for 2 years. What a nice feeling.

Glad to hear mama and baby are doing fine. (L)

Congratulations on getting the greencard!! :dance::dance:

Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa.

Sorry to hear that; what a shame. I'm curious how some with less ties are able to get the visitor's visas? I'm wondering if Robert's (rncarterjm) mom was able to get her visa to attend his wedding. Last time we "spoke" he was supposed to be coming to the US on July 5th.

Ms. Suitto, I am so sorry!!! That is really just how Kingston goes with the tourist visas!! No rhyme! No reason! Henry's best man came with similar evidence as your MIL. He's a minister with four churches and a teaching job. He too is a homeowner and has a fiance and a wedding for which invites went out and a hotel in Mobay booked for the reception. And they did not look at the letters from the job or the bank statements, did not look at the contract with the hotel (He would loose some serious loot if he did not come back) and they denied him. Now get this: another friend of his brother's goes to the embassy with NOTHING but an invite letter and some 500JD in the bank. Guess what? He got the visa. And guess what? Right now he is in Georgia and married a nurse within 2 months of his arrival. :angry::angry::angry:

:wacko: that doesn't make any sense!!

When did we meet?

Do you work?

When did we get married?

Saundra

Congratulations Saundra and Dice :dance::dance:

^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Dru :luv:

Michele

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline

We got our AOS intervire on August 16th....... Lord this long list a things to bring.

richie going to get his permit today so lets see how that goes! :help::help::help:

Best wishes on your upcoming interview and good luck to Richie today :thumbs:

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up.

Guess What Everyone - WE GOT THE GREENCARD YESTERDAY!! I can't believe we're really truly done for 2 years. What a nice feeling.

Glad to hear mama and baby are doing fine. (L)

Congratulations on getting the greencard!! :dance::dance:

Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa.

Sorry to hear that; what a shame. I'm curious how some with less ties are able to get the visitor's visas? I'm wondering if Robert's (rncarterjm) mom was able to get her visa to attend his wedding. Last time we "spoke" he was supposed to be coming to the US on July 5th.

:wacko: that doesn't make any sense!!

When did we meet?

Do you work?

When did we get married?

Saundra

Congratulations Saundra and Dice :dance::dance:

^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Dru :luv:

Michele

Hi Michele, how are you?

Mrs. Squito, So sorry to hear about the visa #######. You guys have been through so much. Things have got to start going your way soon, you certainly don't deserve all of this s@#%*. :protest:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Dee,

That was some EXCELLENT quoting!!! Whoohoo!!! :thumbs: You did it!!! :dance:

:lol::lol::thumbs:;)

I hope everyone had a good day. I'm cooking down some chicken with dumplin, and yam. :yes: Spagetti and salad for the kiddies.

Happy Tuesday Everyone :D

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up. I've successfully stuffed all 3 of us into our bedroom until my roommate gets out of our 3rd bedroom. Thanks for checking on me :luv:

Popcorn - Congrats on the interview, it will come up very fast. And goodluck to Richie on his permit test :thumbs:

Good morning everyone

Congrats Julie :luv:

Ditto

Good morning everyone. I'm a bit peeved right now :angry: I really really hate the Kingston Embassy, it's staffed with complete and total a$$holes. I just got a call from Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa. She brought with her an invitation letter from Squito and I, the actual wedding invitation, a letter from her school (she's a teacher), her bank statements, and her pay stubs. And she was denied anyway. This is a 65 year old married woman who owns her home and works full time. She has very strong ties to the island is NOT a flight risk in the least. It's so upsetting that even after explaining to the officer that she only plans to stay for 2 weeks to attend her son's wedding they denied her anyway. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:angry::angry::angry: I'm so sorry. :( True complete a$$holes!!!

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

That's just livid!! David told me when we first met, cause I wanted to try getting one as well. That Kingston uses The visitors visa a a means to collect funds or make money. Most get denied. He got denied five years prior to that. There is no means to their madness, it just a damn shame. :(

.....Well, we just got back from Atlanta and we had a succesful interview. :thumbs:

Saundra

WOW. That was simple enough. Congrats. (F) Nows who's next? I think that there is one some who goes before me? I

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone!

When did we meet?

Do you work?

When did we get married?

Saundra

That is wonderful congratulations on the great news!!!

Wow I am so happy Dwain's sister is flying down from NY for the wedding that is so wonderful. He will have all his friends there. One of his sisters and his mom. He has 12 other sibilings but isn't close to any since he lived with his aunt his whole life so I am just glad he got one of his sisters to come. :dance: Does anybody have any good ideas for what to do in MoBay for side trips for my family. 6 people are in their 50's 11 are in their 20's and we have two kids 1 and 11. Just wondering what would be fun.. So far I have and ATV ride and thinking about visiting a great house and not Rose Hall Great House done that 8 upting times. Could anyone :help: ?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Wow I am so happy Dwain's sister is flying down from NY for the wedding that is so wonderful. He will have all his friends there. One of his sisters and his mom. He has 12 other sibilings but isn't close to any since he lived with his aunt his whole life so I am just glad he got one of his sisters to come. :dance: Does anybody have any good ideas for what to do in MoBay for side trips for my family. 6 people are in their 50's 11 are in their 20's and we have two kids 1 and 11. Just wondering what would be fun.. So far I have and ATV ride and thinking about visiting a great house and not Rose Hall Great House done that 8 upting times. Could anyone :help: ?

Jax, that's wonderful that you and Dwain have so many friends and family witnessing your wedding! I don't have any ideas on what your fam can do in MoBay but my guess is the 20 somethings won't have any problems finding something to do ;) . It would be nice to get everyone together to do some side trips. How long will your guests be in JA?

Timeline

Congrats to Saundra & Dice!! Wohoo!!! I loves me some good news!!! :thumbs:

Oh and I got touched today, by my other man........the USCIS!!! Whoohoo!!! :dance:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax, that's wonderful that you and Dwain have so many friends and family witnessing your wedding! I don't have any ideas on what your fam can do in MoBay but my guess is the 20 somethings won't have any problems finding something to do ;) . It would be nice to get everyone together to do some side trips. How long will your guests be in JA?

We will be there for one week. The problem is the 20 somethings doing something with the 50 somethings. ahhh. Michele how is everything going for u? are u adjusting to your new place?

Oh and I got touched today, by my other man........the USCIS!!! Whoohoo!!! :dance:

Congratulations E :dance:(F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

We will be there for one week. The problem is the 20 somethings doing something with the 50 somethings. ahhh. Michele how is everything going for u? are u adjusting to your new place?

Congratulations E :dance:(F)

:lol: Everyone have a great day (F)

One Love Dee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....conrats on the interviews and approvals...

Ms. Squitto sorry to hear about that..mike has been denied twice by them...and has brought paperwork from his job bank ect and still NO...yet on the plane coming back from JA i see a lot of people who seem to be in there mid 20's and have a visa...i wonder what they had to do to get it...it just doesn't seem faid sometimes!!!! (F)

well i am of to my LAST day of work...well at least for 5 days....go to JA to see mr. mike..... :):)

Timeline

Happy....shoot what day is today???....oh yeah, Happy Wednesday.

I have bad AF cramps. How about you? :lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.