Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodnight all

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Will have some new pics of Jayden really soon.... :thumbs:

Since i am the only one up right now i guess i should start the day off right......l We got our AOS intervire on August 16th....... Lord this long list a things to bring.

Anyway ladies, enjoy your day

richie going to get his permit today so lets see how that goes! :help::help::help:

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Tuesday Everyone :D

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up. I've successfully stuffed all 3 of us into our bedroom until my roommate gets out of our 3rd bedroom. Thanks for checking on me :luv:

Popcorn - Congrats on the interview, it will come up very fast. And goodluck to Richie on his permit test :thumbs:

Guess What Everyone - WE GOT THE GREENCARD YESTERDAY!! I can't believe we're really truly done for 2 years. What a nice feeling.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rhonda - pregnancy is going great. And yes, we're on a countdown now... it's coming up so soon - but we're ready, everything is set up. I've successfully stuffed all 3 of us into our bedroom until my roommate gets out of our 3rd bedroom. Thanks for checking on me :luv:

Popcorn - Congrats on the interview, it will come up very fast. And goodluck to Richie on his permit test :thumbs:

Guess What Everyone - WE GOT THE GREENCARD YESTERDAY!! I can't believe we're really truly done for 2 years. What a nice feeling.

Good morning everyone

Congrats Julie :luv:

Filed: Timeline

Since i am the only one up right now i guess i should start the day off right......l We got our AOS intervire on August 16th....... Lord this long list a things to bring.

richie going to get his permit today so lets see how that goes! :help::help::help:

That's wonderful! Congrats...NYC seems to be speeding up :yes:

Yay!! Congrats...it must be such a huge relief to not have to deal with the USCIS for two years :yes:

Good morning everyone. I'm a bit peeved right now :angry: I really really hate the Kingston Embassy, it's staffed with complete and total a$$holes. I just got a call from Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa. She brought with her an invitation letter from Squito and I, the actual wedding invitation, a letter from her school (she's a teacher), her bank statements, and her pay stubs. And she was denied anyway. This is a 65 year old married woman who owns her home and works full time. She has very strong ties to the island is NOT a flight risk in the least. It's so upsetting that even after explaining to the officer that she only plans to stay for 2 weeks to attend her son's wedding they denied her anyway. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Timeline
Good morning everyone. I'm a bit peeved right now :angry: I really really hate the Kingston Embassy, it's staffed with complete and total a$$holes. I just got a call from Squito's mom. She was denied for her visitor's visa. She brought with her an invitation letter from Squito and I, the actual wedding invitation, a letter from her school (she's a teacher), her bank statements, and her pay stubs. And she was denied anyway. This is a 65 year old married woman who owns her home and works full time. She has very strong ties to the island is NOT a flight risk in the least. It's so upsetting that even after explaining to the officer that she only plans to stay for 2 weeks to attend her son's wedding they denied her anyway. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:ranting::protest:

What?!! See, I just don't understand. This makes no sense at all, I don't get how some people get approved and the next person doesn't. Ugh... I'm just so sorry she got denied.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

What?!! See, I just don't understand. This makes no sense at all, I don't get how some people get approved and the next person doesn't. Ugh... I'm just so sorry she got denied.

I don't get it. They didn't even give a reason for denial, they simply said "a visitor visa cannot be issued at this time". She said it was very crowded in there and they seemed to be rushing to get people out of there. She said she was interviewed by a woman who didn't even review her employment letter or her bank statements. The unfortunate thing is that, with the visitors visa, there's no way to appeal. You can try again however, but you also have to pay the $100 fee again. Did I mention that the fee is non refundable :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning

Congrats:

- Julie on greencard

- Mindy on CSC transfer

- Papcawn on AOS interview date

- Together on AOS interview date

- Ricardo and Myisha on the new Expedition and job

To all the dads - happy belated Fathers Day

If I missed anyone, I apologize

I was out sick yesterday - ready for the weekend to get here

I don't get it. They didn't even give a reason for denial, they simply said "a visitor visa cannot be issued at this time". She said it was very crowded in there and they seemed to be rushing to get people out of there. She said she was interviewed by a woman who didn't even review her employment letter or her bank statements. The unfortunate thing is that, with the visitors visa, there's no way to appeal. You can try again however, but you also have to pay the $100 fee again. Did I mention that the fee is non refundable :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry to hear about the denial - is there any way she can dispute it?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ms S - sorry to hear about the denial. The Embassy is heartless. We met an older lady at the Embassy who wanted to come to the US to bury her only sister and she got denied a visitors visa. She was in her mid 60's who owned her own property and business. It was really

sad :( .

Ms S - sorry to hear about the denial. The Embassy is heartless. We met an older lady at the Embassy who wanted to come to the US to bury her only sister and she got denied a visitors visa. She was in her mid 60's who owned her own property and business. It was really

sad :( .

One of my cousin's friends got denied also to attend his youngest brother's funeral. His brother passed in a motorcycle accident and was being buried in Miami. :angry::angry::angry: They are so cruel and wicked.

Sorry to hear about the denial - is there any way she can dispute it?

Not that I know of :(

Edited by Ms Squitto

Timeline

Don't you have to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying too? I would be so angry if I were you - I'm sorry she won't be able to be at your wedding. I know my mom would be heartbroken.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about their ignorance !!!! I wonder if it was the Window 10 lady. She was comPLETELY rude to a lady when we were there. That just doesn't make ANY sense WHATsoever!!!! There's no compassion AT all and tons of proof to her ties. Just ridiculous !!!!

Are you having someone video tape the big day? If so, I would send her a copy .... or someone video tape a personal one *just* for her !!! or have a special message during the ceremony *for* her??

I'm so sorry to hear about their ignorance !!!! I wonder if it was the Window 10 lady. She was comPLETELY rude to a lady when we were there. That just doesn't make ANY sense WHATsoever!!!! There's no compassion AT all and tons of proof to her ties. Just ridiculous !!!!

Are you having someone video tape the big day? If so, I would send her a copy .... or someone video tape a personal one *just* for her !!! or have a special message during the ceremony *for* her??

We're totally bummed about it :blush: We don't know what we could have done differently. We filed online, submitted the forms and scheduled the interview via their website. We paid the fees. Got the passport and all the pertinent info together and she took a day off work, trekked from Trelawny to Kingston and arrived EARLY for her 8:45 appointment. She had the wedding invitation AND a separate letter of invitation from us, stating that we will foot the entire cost of her travel...I don't get it :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the green card :dance:

Yay!! Congrats...it must be such a huge relief to not have to deal with the USCIS for two years :yes:

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you try again or ask for someone different to re look over the case? Such a bummer. Man they must be real rude there.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Congrats on the green card :dance:

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you try again or ask for someone different to re look over the case? Such a bummer. Man they must be real rude there.

That's just it, they don't respond to email. You call and they bounce you all over the place. I called at about 1:18pm my time and got a rude nasty b!tch on the line. She told me to call back at 1:30, their time. I've been calling for the last 5 minutes and the ###### line is busy. I'm so frustrated you have no idea :angry::angry::angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.