aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I waited for the gas company to come and connect service at the new place from 6:45 am until 8:00 pm and they never showed up :ranting: . Of course cust. service's hours are Mon-Fri so I couldn't put in a complaint; the only number I could call was the emergency line; which I did :blush: -but after being on hold for ten minutes without even speaking to a live person, I just hung up. What a waste of a day :angry:

********************************************************************************

More importantly...

Tenika and Rohan I hope you had a beautiful wedding day!! (L)(L)

Jax-congratulations on getting the big stuff done for the wedding; that must be such a relief. It was also nice to hear that everything went smoothly for you.

It took Tristan 4 months to get his passport; but he applied in the summer-which I understand takes longer.

Shauna I sure hope everyone's cases will start moving along soon and you get your new interview date. It would be really nice if you could get it when you're visiting JA. I wonder how long it will take to resolve everything? (IMBRA)

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Michele

My parents had the same problem with the gas people when they moved last month. They filled out the online application three times. Then they called them around 3pm and said when are u guys coming and they said they never got the request. That their computers had been down for awhile that means they had been down for a month because they applied over a month ago. They said they have someone out the next day and my dad and mom went off I tell u. My mom got really sassy over the phone and said they better get over to her house now. The guy showed up with in 10minutes. My mom was told the younger mover kids that they have to stand up for what they want done. She was sassy that day to the appliance company cause they wouldn't hook up her dishwasher. She got that done too with a few threats. I have learned now that you have to double check everything. Because at my first house I had no water they came and turned it off right after my house inspection ugh.. People and their business someone would scream if I let their children down and didn't teach them properly.

Michele how are the rest of things coming?

Happy Fathers day everyone :)!

Hey Mindy and Roy - CONGRATULATIONS ON CSC THE TRANSFER!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I hope there is room for a few more Yardies on the CSC express!!! :yes: Henry and I are willing to ride shotgun if we have to!!! :D We got our NOA1 today - so we are on our way! :thumbs:

Congrats :dance:

Tenika how did your wedding go? Are u going to post the picks on yahoo?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I waited for the gas company to come and connect service at the new place from 6:45 am until 8:00 pm and they never showed up :ranting: . Of course cust. service's hours are Mon-Fri so I couldn't put in a complaint; the only number I could call was the emergency line; which I did :blush: -but after being on hold for ten minutes without even speaking to a live person, I just hung up. What a waste of a day :angry:

********************************************************************************

More importantly...

Tenika and Rohan I hope you had a beautiful wedding day!! (L)(L)

Jax-congratulations on getting the big stuff done for the wedding; that must be such a relief. It was also nice to hear that everything went smoothly for you.

It took Tristan 4 months to get his passport; but he applied in the summer-which I understand takes longer.

Shauna I sure hope everyone's cases will start moving along soon and you get your new interview date. It would be really nice if you could get it when you're visiting JA. I wonder how long it will take to resolve everything? (IMBRA)

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Michele

OMG that is horrible i would be SSOO mad....that is kinda like what happend to me...when i moved into my apartment the garbage disposal was rotten and fell off and they couldn't fix it until the part came in...which they said would be in on Monday well monday came and went and i found out the part really wouldn't be in until Wednesday so long story short it was fixed on friday but i was SSOO mad because it was just gross all the dishes had to be done in the bathroom...so anyway...

YUP i hope when i come back from JA i will here some good news and the paperwork will have been sent!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone on all of the great news :thumbs: (weddings, visa approvals, CSC transfers, NOAs, etc......).

Dice and I are going to ATL tonight for our interview tomorrow! Please keep us in your prayers and I will let you know how it goes either Tuesday evening or Wednesday!

Have a great day!!!!

Edited by Together

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!! Haven't been able to post much lately, but wanted to say hi to everyone!

--Hope you had a wonderful wedding Tenika :luv:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Good morning everyone!! Happy Monday!!!

Congrats Dice and Tenika on your interview!!! We will definitely "lift you up." You will do well! :thumbs:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone on all of the great news :thumbs: (weddings, visa approvals, CSC transfers, NOAs, etc......).

Dice and I are going to ATL tonight for our interview tomorrow! Please keep us in your prayers and I will let you know how it goes either Tuesday evening or Wednesday!

Have a great day!!!!

Good Luck :luv::yes:

Timeline

Good luck at the interview Together! You guys will do great (L)

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline

Very slow. Where is everyone? Oh... I know... Mindy is on vacation :yes:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And I came on thinking it would be busy today.....

Since its a ghost town in here.. congrats on the weddings, approvals and transfres... herre praying for a transfer myself so i can save myself fom having to go to manhattan for an interview. Please pray for my boys safety, I bought them a ticket to go to jamaica for almost a month. really happy (no husband, no baby) but i am going to miss them a ittle bit.

Edited by popcorn1012

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Timeline

Since its a ghost town in here.. congrats on the weddings, approvals and transfres... herre praying for a transfer myself so i can save myself fom having to go to manhattan for an interview. Please pray for my boys safety, I bought them a ticket to go to jamaica for almost a month. really happy (no husband, no baby) but i am going to miss them a ittle bit.

LOL Hi Popcorn!!!

How cool baby Jay going to JA. I am jealous!!!!! :D I pray Richie & Son have a safe journey and wonderful time!! Oh yeah and congrats to you for a man free month! :thumbs::lol::lol::whistle:

OOps I meant Dice and Together in my post above. Poor Tenika I made it look like you've run off with another man the day after your wedding!! :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone! just popping by to say hello. I've been quite busy lately. Anywa...just wanted to say congratulations to all the peopel who are experiencing great sucess as of late. Looks like a lot of pisitve things are happening.

Just a quick update on us....at of the blue Ricardo got this grat job offer to work for the county where we live! It's very exciting because county jobs are hard to come by and the pay/benifits are great. It's one of those type of jobs you retire from 30 years down the line.....let's see what else.. the boys are great so is baby Makayla( inside)....oh yeah I rememeber telling you about my new van...well the finace department called about a week after that and said the bank wouldn't finance the car because Ricardo was a 1st time buyer and had not been at his job for 2 years...bummer but God is really good because when something doesn't work out there is always something better around the corner...anyway, less than a week later we ended up getting a New Expedition w/ some 22s on it!!!! It is exactly what I wanted and definately is more "my style". It's almost as if getting the van was a test from God for me to see if I would be happy and content. Just goes to show you that you never know what God has in store!!!

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Filed: Timeline

Oh my, when you get lonely you can come chill with me and Squito, k? :yes:

Good Morning Everyone! just popping by to say hello. I've been quite busy lately. Anywa...just wanted to say congratulations to all the peopel who are experiencing great sucess as of late. Looks like a lot of pisitve things are happening.

Just a quick update on us....at of the blue Ricardo got this grat job offer to work for the county where we live! It's very exciting because county jobs are hard to come by and the pay/benifits are great. It's one of those type of jobs you retire from 30 years down the line.....let's see what else.. the boys are great so is baby Makayla( inside)....oh yeah I rememeber telling you about my new van...well the finace department called about a week after that and said the bank wouldn't finance the car because Ricardo was a 1st time buyer and had not been at his job for 2 years...bummer but God is really good because when something doesn't work out there is always something better around the corner...anyway, less than a week later we ended up getting a New Expedition w/ some 22s on it!!!! It is exactly what I wanted and definately is more "my style". It's almost as if getting the van was a test from God for me to see if I would be happy and content. Just goes to show you that you never know what God has in store!!!

Holla!! Congrats to you and the family :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ladies!!

I'm baaacckk. I had a terrific time in JA! Got tanned! Got relaxed! Got Rejuvenated!

Ahhhh!

Hope everyone is doing great! Take care ladies. I don't think you'll see me in these parts again anytime soon. Miss yall and love yall.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.