aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Okay, what "everything else" will they be taking from him? Are you talking about when he gets to BWI ? Is there other stuff in the brown envelope that they will open up and take? Or is he supposed to be "handing in" paperwork? When he checks in at Mobay, he'll just show his Passport and VISA? is there anything else?

I'm just trying to prepare him as best as I can. I had already printed out everything and gave it to him this last trip about "what to expect" from going to the airport ...giving him a copy of the immigration and airport info that was inside the Sky Writings magazine from Air Jamaica. Baggage requirements and then what to expect when he gets on the plane, what he'll need to do, they'll feed him, maybe watch a movie, then when he gets to BWI, etc etc blah blah.....

He's starting to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous and wishes that I could fly with him ...and "hold his hand".

The only thing they will take from him at POE is the big brown envelope that he's not supposed to open. He is supposed to carry his other envelope with his X-ray in it, but no one ever looked at it at all :no: They will also ask for his Passport of course w/ his Visa inside. Then if I remember right, they take a fingerprint. They pulled us into the little room because we had the wrong pictures in our packet :o Luckily I had copies of the right ones too - it was right while they were in the midst of changing the picture requirements so there was a lot of confusion. All they were going to do was take more pics for us if we didn't have them.

As for the plane ride, let him know that there are forms that he'll have to fill out on the plane - Customs and Immigration stuff. The flight attendants can always help him w/ this if he needs it. Make sure he knows your address and all that stuff or has it written down so he had all the info. he needs. Also, he'll have to claim if he's bringing anything with him like White Rum :lol: like we do every time we go down there!!!

Good luck!

Just one more experience to cross off the list. We are probably going to Disneyland next week -- how do you think he's gonna handle that? :lol::blink: [/color]

I took Tony to Cedar Point - a huge amusement park with lots of roller-coasters and stuff. He LOVED it :D He wanted to go on everything!! I'm a big chicken so there was some stuff I wouldn't even go on, and he went without me :o:blush: He is quite the little daredevil :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
um, I can't go on roller coasters. I was like, you at least have to *try*!!! We'll probably end up on the slow train ride and petting zoo just like Damien !!!

Roy basically said the same thing. It's probably a good thing we will be going with my sister and her four kids....no "big people" rides. The petting zoo might be right up his alley....:lol:

I hate roller coasters! Satan lives there!!!! :o:help:

:lol::lol::lol: Me too. That's one experience that Trevor will have to experience on his own.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Good evening :D

Well it not such a good evening. I have the headache from hell. :hehe: Hubby is on my nerve :blink:

Joanna I think you should if you know for sure he is not going back to Jamaica, you should contact USCIS adn find out what to do, I heard of people that after the fiance has got there that even if they split and the fiance stays in the USA, violating the terms of teh agreement, than the USA citizen is held liable, and that if he becomes a public charge in ANYWAY, it becomes the responsibility of the US citizen, that was the whole reason we filled out the form. Again I am not 100% but I would definatley checkinto that

I really dont think he will stay here illegally, but if he does I will for sure contact USCIS to let them know that he ran off in the US and I do not know where he is.. I odnt think that will happen though.

Just a thought, but didn't he become illegal when you too decided not to stay together??? :huh:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Well it not such a good evening. I have the headache from hell. :hehe: Hubby is on my nerve :blink:

Joanna I think you should if you know for sure he is not going back to Jamaica, you should contact USCIS adn find out what to do, I heard of people that after the fiance has got there that even if they split and the fiance stays in the USA, violating the terms of teh agreement, than the USA citizen is held liable, and that if he becomes a public charge in ANYWAY, it becomes the responsibility of the US citizen, that was the whole reason we filled out the form. Again I am not 100% but I would definatley checkinto that

I think he has 90 days. There was a poster some time back who was in the same situation and came on VJ looking for a bride. It was hilarious. "I have 32 days left. I need a bride." What a maroon!

I really dont think he will stay here illegally, but if he does I will for sure contact USCIS to let them know that he ran off in the US and I do not know where he is.. I odnt think that will happen though.

Just a thought, but didn't he become illegal when you too decided not to stay together??? :huh:

I need my AOS NOA1 now!!! :crying:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, what "everything else" will they be taking from him? Are you talking about when he gets to BWI ? Is there other stuff in the brown envelope that they will open up and take? Or is he supposed to be "handing in" paperwork? When he checks in at Mobay, he'll just show his Passport and VISA? is there anything else?

I'm just trying to prepare him as best as I can. I had already printed out everything and gave it to him this last trip about "what to expect" from going to the airport ...giving him a copy of the immigration and airport info that was inside the Sky Writings magazine from Air Jamaica. Baggage requirements and then what to expect when he gets on the plane, what he'll need to do, they'll feed him, maybe watch a movie, then when he gets to BWI, etc etc blah blah.....

He's starting to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous and wishes that I could fly with him ...and "hold his hand".

The only thing they will take from him at POE is the big brown envelope that he's not supposed to open. He is supposed to carry his other envelope with his X-ray in it, but no one ever looked at it at all :no: They will also ask for his Passport of course w/ his Visa inside. Then if I remember right, they take a fingerprint. They pulled us into the little room because we had the wrong pictures in our packet :o Luckily I had copies of the right ones too - it was right while they were in the midst of changing the picture requirements so there was a lot of confusion. All they were going to do was take more pics for us if we didn't have them.

As for the plane ride, let him know that there are forms that he'll have to fill out on the plane - Customs and Immigration stuff. The flight attendants can always help him w/ this if he needs it. Make sure he knows your address and all that stuff or has it written down so he had all the info. he needs. Also, he'll have to claim if he's bringing anything with him like White Rum :lol: like we do every time we go down there!!!

Good luck!

Just one more experience to cross off the list. We are probably going to Disneyland next week -- how do you think he's gonna handle that? :lol::blink: [/color]

I took Tony to Cedar Point - a huge amusement park with lots of roller-coasters and stuff. He LOVED it :D He wanted to go on everything!! I'm a big chicken so there was some stuff I wouldn't even go on, and he went without me :o:blush: He is quite the little daredevil :devil:

I love roller coasters too. We're going to another amusement park next week and I plan to get on everything :yes:

Timeline

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I already gave him the information (customs/immigration form, a copy) already filled out, so he'll just "cheat" off of that one and put it all in his own writing. He knows my address by heart. He's memorized it. I know they will fingerprint him, well not even fingerprint him, just ask him to put his finger onto that machine and check his fingerprint.

I'm confused, so will he have 2 envelopes ?? I'll have to ask him if he was given 2. They asked you for *more* passport pictures?? Why would they do that? Didn't they already have everything in the packet from the interview ?

So when he gets to immigration ....they ask him for his "big brown envelope"? They'll pull what they need out of it ? and hand him back his x-ray(s)?

Are there any weird questions that he'll be asked..............do you remember if your guys were asked any bizarre questions? Like, why are you here? How long are you staying ? That kind of stuff...

Not worried about any rum....I don't drink it and he's not much of a rum drinker either. In the 26x I've been to Jamaica, I've never carried any liquor back for myself. Oh wait, I did bring back banana rum cream....when I got home I was putting it on top of the frig.....it lost it's balance......and toppled off and broke eeeeeverywhere!!!

Headin to bed....nighty night!

I'm confused, so will he have 2 envelopes ?? I'll have to ask him if he was given 2

The (would) have given you the chest x-ray at the interview -- but -- your medical was not there. You better ask him if they gave it to him when he got his visa. I have NEVER heard of anybody needing it at the POE or having to do anything with it but put in the closet to collect dust......

That being said, they come with two envelopes. The "brown" one that has all the info and the chest x-ray. You turn the "brown" envelope over to Immigration and you take the x-ray with you. The x-ray will not be in the "brown" envelope.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Friday!!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Good Morning Everyone

I was at work to do a 1/2 day but they are sending me home. saying Girl u crazy u getting married tommorw .. go home". So I am listening. The next time you wil hear from me, I will be MRS TENIKA BAILEY.

If you guys havent signed my guestbook yet at my Bed Bath and Beyond website (under-Tenika Ross), please do

Its so empty :( . ANYWAY

Later Yall (L)

Edited by tenika

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone

I was at work to do a 1/2 day but they are sending me home. saying Girl u crazy u getting married tommorw .. go home". So I am listening. The next time you wil hear from me, I will be MRS TENIKA BAILEY.

If you guys havent signed my guestbook yet at my Bed Bath and Beyond website (under-Tenika Ross), please do

Later Yall (L)

Enjoy your special day (L)

Good morning everybody!! Happy Friday :P

Squito's mom has an appointment at the embassy on Tuesday morning to get her visitor's visa! I hope she gets it so that she can attend the wedding next month :dance::dance: Please keep her in your prayers

Good luck (L)

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Everyone

Later Yall (L)

Congrats Tenika!! Good luck tomorrow :luv:

The next time you wil hear from me, I will be MRS TENIKA BAILEY

Have a wonderful day (L) Congratulations!!

Squito's mom has an appointment at the embassy on Tuesday morning to get her visitor's visa! I hope she gets it so that she can attend the wedding next month :dance::dance: Please keep her in your prayers

How wonderful would that be??? :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Everyone

Later Yall (L)

Have a blessed wedding!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.