aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello ladies :star: Just catching up.

My honey did something so sweet for me last night :luv: He bought me this beautiful pair of gold and silver earrings that he knew I wanted (L) He taped the bag with the earrings in it to the mirror in the bathroom so I would see it when I got home from work! It had a little note on it saying "for you my love" :wub: I almost melted it was so sweet! Just when I think he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body :P:lol:

awwwwwww, that is sweet :yes:

Congrats Kelly :dance::dance: This was a long time coming. We have Squito's chest x-ray stashed in our storage closet. They took everything else from him at the airport. AOS sure is a PITA but at least you have a little break in between. Spend some QT with your man and enjoy planning your wedding. :luv:

Okay, what "everything else" will they be taking from him? Are you talking about when he gets to BWI ? Is there other stuff in the brown envelope that they will open up and take? Or is he supposed to be "handing in" paperwork? When he checks in at Mobay, he'll just show his Passport and VISA? is there anything else?

I'm just trying to prepare him as best as I can. I had already printed out everything and gave it to him this last trip about "what to expect" from going to the airport ...giving him a copy of the immigration and airport info that was inside the Sky Writings magazine from Air Jamaica. Baggage requirements and then what to expect when he gets on the plane, what he'll need to do, they'll feed him, maybe watch a movie, then when he gets to BWI, etc etc blah blah.....

He's starting to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous and wishes that I could fly with him ...and "hold his hand".

Whoa Ten, 200 people!!!! .....I'm hoping ours won't be MORE than 10, if that !!! None of my family (except for my son) will be there and very very close SUPPORTIVE friends and Craig knows my friends really well and that's what's really important.

When I say "Everything else" I mean their entire brown envelope and it's contents. They say you're not supposed to open it, but Squito and I did anyway and peeked to see what was in there. It's pretty much just your entire file that you submitted originally. Yeah this wedding is outta control. We've now exceeded 200 :unsure: wish me luck!!!

Good morning everyone...it's almost Friday!!! :thumbs::yes::dance:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah this wedding is outta control. We've now exceeded 200 :unsure: wish me luck!!!

Luck? You're really going to need the honeymoon to recover!!:lol:

Roy went to a Cubs game last night -- he didn't like it at all. He thought he was going to a "football" game. Dah, I told him a million times -- never realized that he didn't know what I was talking about. He was so amazed by the amount of people that were there......

Just one more experience to cross off the list. We are probably going to Disneyland next week -- how do you think he's gonna handle that? :lol::blink:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My honey did something so sweet for me last night :luv: He bought me this beautiful pair of gold and silver earrings that he knew I wanted (L) He taped the bag with the earrings in it to the mirror in the bathroom so I would see it when I got home from work! It had a little note on it saying "for you my love" :wub: I almost melted it was so sweet! Just when I think he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body :P:lol:

Aww....he's learning.. :luv:

Good morning everyone!!!! :luv:

GO MAVS!!!!! (NBA Basketball) - Game 4 vs. Miami Heat tonite!!!!! :dance:

GO Trinidad!!!! (World Cup Soccer)!!! :dance::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah this wedding is outta control. We've now exceeded 200 :unsure: wish me luck!!!

Luck? You're really going to need the honeymoon to recover!!:lol:

Roy went to a Cubs game last night -- he didn't like it at all. He thought he was going to a "football" game. Dah, I told him a million times -- never realized that he didn't know what I was talking about. He was so amazed by the amount of people that were there......

Just one more experience to cross off the list. We are probably going to Disneyland next week -- how do you think he's gonna handle that? :lol::blink:

Good morning.

Have fun at Disneyland. We went Hershey Park last summer and Damien got on the biggest roller coaster first. We had so much fun until he got sick. Poor baby tummy was hurting. So we ended up on all the slow rides for the rest of the day - like the train, chocolate tour, petting zoo :rolleyes: This year we're going to start off on the kiddies rides and work ourselves up :thumbs:

Timeline

Congrats Kelly :dance::dance: This was a long time coming. We have Squito's chest x-ray stashed in our storage closet. They took everything else from him at the airport. AOS sure is a PITA but at least you have a little break in between. Spend some QT with your man and enjoy planning your wedding. :luv:

Okay, what "everything else" will they be taking from him? Are you talking about when he gets to BWI ? Is there other stuff in the brown envelope that they will open up and take? Or is he supposed to be "handing in" paperwork? When he checks in at Mobay, he'll just show his Passport and VISA? is there anything else?

I'm just trying to prepare him as best as I can. I had already printed out everything and gave it to him this last trip about "what to expect" from going to the airport ...giving him a copy of the immigration and airport info that was inside the Sky Writings magazine from Air Jamaica. Baggage requirements and then what to expect when he gets on the plane, what he'll need to do, they'll feed him, maybe watch a movie, then when he gets to BWI, etc etc blah blah.....

He's starting to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous and wishes that I could fly with him ...and "hold his hand".

Whoa Ten, 200 people!!!! .....I'm hoping ours won't be MORE than 10, if that !!! None of my family (except for my son) will be there and very very close SUPPORTIVE friends and Craig knows my friends really well and that's what's really important.

When I say "Everything else" I mean their entire brown envelope and it's contents. They say you're not supposed to open it, but Squito and I did anyway and peeked to see what was in there. It's pretty much just your entire file that you submitted originally. Yeah this wedding is outta control. We've now exceeded 200 :unsure: wish me luck!!!

Good morning everyone...it's almost Friday!!! :thumbs::yes::dance:

Okay, that's good to know...thanks. I had to laugh, he said to me last night....um, Kelly....the package accidentally ripped a little. I was like....do NOT OPEN the brown envelope!!

A client of mine is sending me Hershey Park and Kings Dominion tickets....I told Craig we'll have to find time to check them out and he was like.....um, I can't go on roller coasters. I was like, you at least have to *try*!!! We'll probably end up on the slow train ride and petting zoo just like Damien !!!

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING !!!! aaaahhhhh.....but meanwhile, my neighbor had a huge water leak of some kind and it leaked ALL into my closet and now into my bedroom. Maintenance, plumbers and carpet people were in and out of my place yesterday. Ripped up my entire rug in the closet and 1/2 of my bedroom and I have stuff ALL over my place and they said it will take 2 days for it to *maybe* dry. They gave me this LOUD machine thing to help dry it all up!!! Then we're going to Delaware Sat for the night --soccer tournament........ahhhhhhhh and I gotta make room and clean up ????!!!! When ??

um, I can't go on roller coasters. I was like, you at least have to *try*!!! We'll probably end up on the slow train ride and petting zoo just like Damien !!!

Roy basically said the same thing. It's probably a good thing we will be going with my sister and her four kids....no "big people" rides. The petting zoo might be right up his alley....:lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE (F)

Hey no one responded to my post.. I has asked is there anything important for the weding purpose I should be collecting, that I may need in the future for AOS or anything...besides pics?? :help:

When I was in JA last month - I would call Damien to say "no credit pon mi phone CALL MI bak." I always wanted to say that :hehe::P Now he knows what it felt like.

Oh snap :lol: That is funny, I remember those days

Hey Jojo

How are you? Don't mean to chat up a touchy subject but have you talked to Adrian? Is he still in the States, and doing ok?

I am doing very well thanks for asking

....Adrian calls me aslmost every day but the phone calls keep getting shorter and shorter, cause we dont really have much to talk about any more....people keep telling him that he should just stay in the states, I told him that would not be a good thing to do....I will buy his plane ticket back to JA weather he goes or not is his decision and I dont want to be any part of that...I will know that I did do the right thing and got his plane ticket and hopefully he will get on the plane!!!! When I talk to him he sounds OK, seems like he has meet some new friends down in South Florida.

Joanna I think you should if you know for sure he is not going back to Jamaica, you should contact USCIS adn find out what to do, I heard of people that after the fiance has got there that even if they split and the fiance stays in the USA, violating the terms of teh agreement, than the USA citizen is held liable, and that if he becomes a public charge in ANYWAY, it becomes the responsibility of the US citizen, that was the whole reason we filled out the form. Again I am not 100% but I would definatley checkinto that

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE (F)

Hey no one responded to my post.. I has asked is there anything important for the weding purpose I should be collecting, that I may need in the future for AOS or anything...besides pics?? :help:

When I was in JA last month - I would call Damien to say "no credit pon mi phone CALL MI bak." I always wanted to say that :hehe::P Now he knows what it felt like.

Oh snap :lol: That is funny, I remember those days

Hey Tenika. For our AOS interview we had a copy of our reception invitation and lots of wedding and reception pictures, that's it. USCIS is really looking for evidence of you living and paying bills together. Hope that helps.

Filed: Timeline
Joanna I think you should if you know for sure he is not going back to Jamaica, you should contact USCIS adn find out what to do, I heard of people that after the fiance has got there that even if they split and the fiance stays in the USA, violating the terms of teh agreement, than the USA citizen is held liable, and that if he becomes a public charge in ANYWAY, it becomes the responsibility of the US citizen, that was the whole reason we filled out the form. Again I am not 100% but I would definatley checkinto that

I really dont think he will stay here illegally, but if he does I will for sure contact USCIS to let them know that he ran off in the US and I do not know where he is.. I odnt think that will happen though.

While Adrian was here we went to Islands of Adventure (part of Universal Studios) and he rode his 1st roller coaster, he closed his eyes and held on for dear life :lol: while I put my hands in the air and did not hold on...we only rode one because the other one was closed for repairs...we also rode 2 water rides that had very big drops...I just love roller coasters!!!

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
um, I can't go on roller coasters. I was like, you at least have to *try*!!! We'll probably end up on the slow train ride and petting zoo just like Damien !!!

Roy basically said the same thing. It's probably a good thing we will be going with my sister and her four kids....no "big people" rides. The petting zoo might be right up his alley....:lol:

I hate roller coasters! Satan lives there!!!! :o:help:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

I LOVE THEM

Well.....I did in my youth. I haven't been on one in YEARS......I could be the one who turns into the chicken :blush:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey this nurse keeps hitting on Henry. She said he is best cleaner the hospital has ever had. :wacko::blink: Maybe I should start pimping him out to the lonely women. :whistle::lol:

Girl make that money :lol::thumbs:

just kidding ;)

I have a situation and need a tactful way to deal with it...

A coworker stops by my desk every day to say hello. Sometimes he stays for 5-10 min, other times longer (once he was here talkin for over an hour :wacko:). He knows I'm married and has never tried to hit on me (he knew me before me and D tied the knot and didn't even try then). All our other co-workers says he likes me, but I just don't get that vibe from him. Plus, he stops at other desks and does the same thing (chatty chatty). I don't mind a brief hello and goodbye, but it is really starting to get annoying. How can I tell him fi low mi (:lol:) and not hurt his feelings? Oh, and for all the hataz reading this, yes my husband does know about this situation langkissteetponunnu

Good mornig Ladies,

sorry i am late to answering this but this is the first entry I saw when I came on this afternoon an di just gotta answer it.

first and for most it happens. In my opinion the fact that you are now married and he knows this is making you more appealing to him. Whether it hurts his feelings or not tell him there is no chance in hell for him. You now how some girls are they don't find a guy attractive until they know that he is unavailable, same with guys they don't find you as interesting and appealing until they know you are unavailable-- "cow nuh now di use a him tail til fly tek it ovah"

:lol::lol: like barnacle pon de side a de whale and de ship dem! :yes:

Hey this nurse keeps hitting on Henry. She said he is best cleaner the hospital has ever had. :wacko::blink: Maybe I should start pimping him out to the lonely women. :whistle::lol:

:lol::lol: Don't blame you. Damien keep coming home with new calling cards. He asked last night why I never asked about them. He went on to tell me that some lady (a restuarant owner) who shops at his job keep giving him calling cards. I said tell her thanks because she's saving us lots of money ;)

:lol::lol::crying::lol::lol:

:lol::no::lol:

That is so beautiful............. they surprise you when you least expect it

the new I12F is now out...all of us should be getting our RFEs really sooon.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a situation and need a tactful way to deal with it...

A coworker stops by my desk every day to say hello. Sometimes he stays for 5-10 min, other times longer (once he was here talkin for over an hour :wacko:). He knows I'm married and has never tried to hit on me (he knew me before me and D tied the knot and didn't even try then). All our other co-workers says he likes me, but I just don't get that vibe from him. Plus, he stops at other desks and does the same thing (chatty chatty). I don't mind a brief hello and goodbye, but it is really starting to get annoying. How can I tell him fi low mi (:lol:) and not hurt his feelings? Oh, and for all the hataz reading this, yes my husband does know about this situation langkissteetponunnu

Good mornig Ladies,

sorry i am late to answering this but this is the first entry I saw when I came on this afternoon an di just gotta answer it.

first and for most it happens. In my opinion the fact that you are now married and he knows this is making you more appealing to him. Whether it hurts his feelings or not tell him there is no chance in hell for him. You now how some girls are they don't find a guy attractive until they know that he is unavailable, same with guys they don't find you as interesting and appealing until they know you are unavailable-- "cow nuh now di use a him tail til fly tek it ovah"

Thanks for the comments Marsha and Dee

I'll let him know. I never thought that he'd be lookin me (or even be more attracted cause I'm now married). I just didn't wanna be rude about it and hurt his feelings, but I guess if his intentions are to make a move then regardless of how I say it he will be mad.

Good afternoon everyone

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

I am very disappointed in you guys - only ONE page for me to catch up on since last night :o:no: You guys should be ashamed :P

Where is everyone???

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I am very disappointed in you guys - only ONE page for me to catch up on since last night :o:no: You guys should be ashamed :P Where is everyone???

Working.... :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.