• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hopefully they will replace the not so nice ones that are there right now !!!

Kelly -- Any news on when Craig is coming? Did they find the medical records yet?

Yes, Kelly - we're all wondering how things are going for you and Craig :yes: Did he finally get his Visa? When is he flying here? We're all on the edge of our seats! Aren't you going crazy waiting when it's so close to actually happening now? You've waited for so long. The anticipation must be killin you ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to checkin and post. My travel business has been sooooo awesome this summer and keeping me completely crazy busy !!!!

Anyway....so he's now FINALLY APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!! as of yesterday. VISA should be delivered to him next Tues and then he's coming to the states Thursday, June 22nd (1st day with CHEAP airfare) !!! We are ALL soooooooooooo darn excited, nervous and everything else that goes along with it!! My son, is (surprisingly) VERY excited !!!

My family will totally NOT be supportive and I have to laugh, cause we're having a family get-together sometime over the July 4th weekend....should be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting !!!

So remind me, what does he do with the "big brown envelope"? Do they do anything with it when he arrives into the states? For anyone who has flown to BWI, how was going through customs? Do they take him to a separate area? or is everything done right there at the both ?? This last trip was a breeze for me, but all my trips before that, I've been 3x looked over, asked questions and bizarre ones, etc etc. Craig is getting a little nervous about flying for the 1st time. His brother just called him yesterday, he's now in Philly on a tourist visa, so that'll be cool that he'll be an hour 1/2 from us.

As for getting married....it will be VERY small, not into the whole hoopla of the big wedding thing. We're shooting for the 18th of "a" month (cause his b-day is the 18th of Feb, mine is the 18th of May and we wanted our anniversary date to be the 18th of ??). My friend is going to marry us....wherever.

I can't believe we're at this point and ready to start the next PITA (pain in the ya know) point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions.

Thanks for all of your support over this past year !!

Kelly

Yahoo, Kelly!!! :dance::dance::dance: That's great. I am really happy for you.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jojo

How are you? Don't mean to chat up a touchy subject but have you talked to Adrian? Is he still in the States, and doing ok?

I am doing very well thanks for asking

....Adrian calls me aslmost every day but the phone calls keep getting shorter and shorter, cause we dont really have much to talk about any more....people keep telling him that he should just stay in the states, I told him that would not be a good thing to do....I will buy his plane ticket back to JA weather he goes or not is his decision and I dont want to be any part of that...I will know that I did do the right thing and got his plane ticket and hopefully he will get on the plane!!!! When I talk to him he sounds OK, seems like he has meet some new friends down in South Florida.

I wish the best for both of you

Good night everyone! Be safe

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline

hey ladies,

I know it has been a while, but no computer at home anymore, so I can only catch up at work. With my new position, I have absolutely no time to get on the site. So here I am!! We just went for biometrics today, so hoping not too much longer til we get our interview date!!! Is that how it works, does anyone know?

Squitto---- i feel your pain, i was calling people 2 days before, don't they know the value of a stamp, we provided, use it!!!

Everything is going alright between me an the hubby, but there are hatters out there trying to fill my head with bull****!!!

Is anyone else have this problem?? How are you handling it?

Mrs. Smith

Hey Suzie...welcome back!! Thanks for checking in with us...give the haters the finger and keep it movin' :yes:

:lol::lol: 200 people!! O my gosh!!!!!.....I was going craxy with just the four of us.

RSVP girl..people don't do that anymore :blink::wacko: They get the invite and they stop reading after dat. :wacko:

girl, this wedding is outta control.....i'm trying to do a seating chart now :blink:

Oh my...not a seating chart...WHY are you stressing your sef out like dat :lol: You better stop it :huh:

Hey this nurse keeps hitting on Henry. She said he is best cleaner the hospital has ever had. :wacko::blink: Maybe I should start pimping him out to the lonely women. :whistle::lol:

Girl make that money :lol::thumbs:

just kidding ;)

I have a situation and need a tactful way to deal with it...

A coworker stops by my desk every day to say hello. Sometimes he stays for 5-10 min, other times longer (once he was here talkin for over an hour :wacko:). He knows I'm married and has never tried to hit on me (he knew me before me and D tied the knot and didn't even try then). All our other co-workers says he likes me, but I just don't get that vibe from him. Plus, he stops at other desks and does the same thing (chatty chatty). I don't mind a brief hello and goodbye, but it is really starting to get annoying. How can I tell him fi low mi (:lol:) and not hurt his feelings? Oh, and for all the hataz reading this, yes my husband does know about this situation langkissteetponunnu

Girl forget his feelings tell'em GOAY!!!!. That's the only way they get the picture. :lol: May be if you act really buzy...like you don't see him :huh: He'll get the picture

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I was in JA last month - I would call Damien to say "no credit pon mi phone CALL MI bak." I always wanted to say that :hehe::P Now he knows what it felt like.

holla :lol::lol::lol::yes::thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Hello ladies :star: Just catching up.

My honey did something so sweet for me last night :luv: He bought me this beautiful pair of gold and silver earrings that he knew I wanted (L) He taped the bag with the earrings in it to the mirror in the bathroom so I would see it when I got home from work! It had a little note on it saying "for you my love" :wub: I almost melted it was so sweet! Just when I think he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body :P:lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My honey did something so sweet for me last night :luv: He bought me this beautiful pair of gold and silver earrings that he knew I wanted (L) He taped the bag with the earrings in it to the mirror in the bathroom so I would see it when I got home from work! It had a little note on it saying "for you my love" :wub: I almost melted it was so sweet! Just when I think he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body :P:lol:

AAaawwww, that was sweet :luv:

I agree, living well is the best revenge. But some ppl latch on an deh pon yuh like parasite

:lol::lol: like barnacle pon de side a de whale and de ship dem! :yes:

Hey this nurse keeps hitting on Henry. She said he is best cleaner the hospital has ever had. :wacko::blink: Maybe I should start pimping him out to the lonely women. :whistle::lol:

:lol::lol: She probably telling the truth :lol:

When I was in JA last month - I would call Damien to say "no credit pon mi phone CALL MI bak." I always wanted to say that :hehe::P Now he knows what it felt like.

:lol::lol: D would be vexed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hopefully they will replace the not so nice ones that are there right now !!!

Kelly -- Any news on when Craig is coming? Did they find the medical records yet?

Yes, Kelly - we're all wondering how things are going for you and Craig :yes: Did he finally get his Visa? When is he flying here? We're all on the edge of our seats! Aren't you going crazy waiting when it's so close to actually happening now? You've waited for so long. The anticipation must be killin you ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to checkin and post. My travel business has been sooooo awesome this summer and keeping me completely crazy busy !!!!

Anyway....so he's now FINALLY APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!! as of yesterday. VISA should be delivered to him next Tues and then he's coming to the states Thursday, June 22nd (1st day with CHEAP airfare) !!! We are ALL soooooooooooo darn excited, nervous and everything else that goes along with it!! My son, is (surprisingly) VERY excited !!!

My family will totally NOT be supportive and I have to laugh, cause we're having a family get-together sometime over the July 4th weekend....should be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting !!!

So remind me, what does he do with the "big brown envelope"? Do they do anything with it when he arrives into the states? For anyone who has flown to BWI, how was going through customs? Do they take him to a separate area? or is everything done right there at the both ?? This last trip was a breeze for me, but all my trips before that, I've been 3x looked over, asked questions and bizarre ones, etc etc. Craig is getting a little nervous about flying for the 1st time. His brother just called him yesterday, he's now in Philly on a tourist visa, so that'll be cool that he'll be an hour 1/2 from us.

As for getting married....it will be VERY small, not into the whole hoopla of the big wedding thing. We're shooting for the 18th of "a" month (cause his b-day is the 18th of Feb, mine is the 18th of May and we wanted our anniversary date to be the 18th of ??). My friend is going to marry us....wherever.

I can't believe we're at this point and ready to start the next PITA (pain in the ya know) point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions.

Thanks for all of your support over this past year !!

Kelly

Great news again. Congrats to Kelly and Craig (F)

AAaawwww, that was sweet :luv:

:yes::luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damien was vexed. That is what made it funny :lol: I called him when I knew he was busy like brushing his teeth, on the bus...... :P

Damien was vexed. That is what made it funny :lol: I called him when I knew he was busy like brushing his teeth, on the bus...... :P

Funny :lol: David would do the same ting...brush his teeth in the weardest places :D No wonder they are so white...that in the sugar cane he seh keep his teeth bright :D

Timeline

Congrats Kelly :dance::dance: This was a long time coming. We have Squito's chest x-ray stashed in our storage closet. They took everything else from him at the airport. AOS sure is a PITA but at least you have a little break in between. Spend some QT with your man and enjoy planning your wedding. :luv:

Okay, what "everything else" will they be taking from him? Are you talking about when he gets to BWI ? Is there other stuff in the brown envelope that they will open up and take? Or is he supposed to be "handing in" paperwork? When he checks in at Mobay, he'll just show his Passport and VISA? is there anything else?

I'm just trying to prepare him as best as I can. I had already printed out everything and gave it to him this last trip about "what to expect" from going to the airport ...giving him a copy of the immigration and airport info that was inside the Sky Writings magazine from Air Jamaica. Baggage requirements and then what to expect when he gets on the plane, what he'll need to do, they'll feed him, maybe watch a movie, then when he gets to BWI, etc etc blah blah.....

He's starting to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous and wishes that I could fly with him ...and "hold his hand".

Whoa Ten, 200 people!!!! .....I'm hoping ours won't be MORE than 10, if that !!! None of my family (except for my son) will be there and very very close SUPPORTIVE friends and Craig knows my friends really well and that's what's really important.

I think that is sooooo funny :lol: I would love to do that to Tony sometime! Just so he can see what it's like :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
kelly, i feel u with the family not supporting u. My family does not want tme to go thru with it. They keep sayin wat if he leaves u when he gets here? I do understand their concerns because i know that is a chance i'm taking.

It's not that "I" care about what they say or feel, it's just that my parents, unfortunately are VERY very prejudice and they just have nothing ever nice to say about "black" people. My son brought 2 of his close friends to my parents pool (with my mom's permission first, but he didn't say who he was bringing) last weekend and they did not say ONE word to their grandson OR his friends their ENTIRE couple of hours that we were there, just because they are black.

My feelings about that........WHATever, get over it..... I haven't raised my son like that, with that ignorance and he knows that it's MY parents problem, not ours!!! They've never ever been supportive, ever, in my life....and they certainly won't be in this aspect of my life either. Their loss !!!

Craig's mom is soooo darn sweet to me and that's very cool--my trip last month, staying with his mom was a really nice time and I'm so happy that we finally got to meet and most of his family and that was sooooo awesome!!! Craig knows how my parents "feel" ....he doesn't care, he's not "dating" my parents --he says.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.