aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

I got this link from a coworker of mine. I was shocked to see how many offenders are in my neighborhood and I didn't have a clue :angry: . Needless to say I am looking at the perfect neighborhood to move into. Gave me the creepy-crawlies :o .

I just really found it very interesting and thought iwould shar it with you all. here is the address to the website registered sex offenders :angry: .

Just pissy to know that you have all these guys in and around your kids and families and you know nothing :angry: , this just pissies me off. These are only the guys who are registerd not all

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

It's certainly expected that as old journeys are completed and new ones are started that some will leave and some will come in. It is noted that some have been conspicuously absent of late and we miss you. We hope you're doing well, and if not, there's support here for you too. Things may not be as they were before but your input was and is still invaluable for those of us who are trying to determine if we can survive this crazy process, those in the midst of the process and new ones to come. I invite you to come back and join us, even if it's just to pop in and say hello, since we know that many lead busy lives; afterall that's what friends are for. Please don't forget the ties that bind us.

Michele (F)

Hi Everyone, I'm popping in to say hello and many many congrats to those....list is just way to long.

I had a heck of a time finding the link when it all changed over, but I checkin every now and then. I really don't have much to contribute, but do think of you guys and thank you to those that are still supportive, it means alot.

Gearing up for a trip to Jamaica in April with my son for his spring break. Looking forward to the much needed getaway. Business has been absolutely fantastic, which I'm happy that everyone's back to traveling again!

Take care and I hope I've posted this right..

:D Kelly

Ah, but Kelly-you have contributed more than you know. You and I have had some private conversations

and you have helped me in ways that you probably don't even know about. So pop in more often and let us know what's going on- and you and your son have fun on that trip!

And that's the thing about this thread-we all come from diverse backgrounds but we have a common thread. We all have different strengths and contributions to bring to the table. Some of you (and you know who you are :star: ) have offered immense support to me personally and I'm sure to others-privately and publicly and I'm sure that those frequent "guests" are benefiting also. There were many times that I would have thrown in the towel but your insight; particularly those more familar with the cultural differences, the immigration process, and the adjustment process have given me cause to seriously comtemplate our future. I've found that for those whose loved ones are not with us yet permanently that even if we think that don't really have much to "contribute" ,well-your presence does contribute. And oh, let's not forget the comic relief during this stressful process. Well enough of the heavy stuff.

Anna-did you fully recover from your wisdom teeth? How's it going since you left your night job?

How are all the honeymooners doing?

Rita-looks like everything is falling into place-I'm sure you'll have a beautiful wedding. My hats off to those who can pull off the wedding they always wanted in 90 days. My first (and only thus far) wedding took over a year to plan. I'll have to get some pointers from those who did it in less than 3 months.

Dru-did you receive your marriage license yet?

Joanna- what are you going to do with your time off? -_-:D

Have a good night everyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michele~ I wouldnt say that it is the wedding I have always wanted and to clarify I will be exchanging vows again this summer before our big reception for more family and friends. This ceremony on Saturday will be in front of a very small crowd. I didnt even send out invitations. The summer will be the BIG ceremony eventhough it will not be the one that counts LOL.

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

For those of you whose taste in engagement rings exceeds your finace's savings, what have you done?

1. Allowed them to purchase one with whatever savings they have even if it's not your taste?

2. Loaned them the money to get something more suitable?

3. Purchase it yourself? Were they insulted?

4. Get a nice CZ-since most people will never know anyways?

5. Other?

Michele~ I wouldnt say that it is the wedding I have always wanted and to clarify I will be exchanging vows again this summer before our big reception for more family and friends. This ceremony on Saturday will be in front of a very small crowd. I didnt even send out invitations. The summer will be the BIG ceremony eventhough it will not be the one that counts LOL.

Looks like this summer and fall will be when the big bashes will be celebrated. I know that one couple will be doing it in Jamaica this fall-what about the rest of you? Here or there? If you do it here will you also have something for his side of the family in Jamaica once he's able to travel back?

For those of you whose taste in engagement rings exceeds your finace's savings, what have you done?

1. Allowed them to purchase one with whatever savings they have even if it's not your taste?

5. Other?

Okay, my taste in rings exceeds my savings :lol::lol:

I bought both rings. The engagement ring was pretty much for the Interview only -- he knows I am a Platinum and Diamonds girl -- on his salary -- NEVER!! So, I got a pretty good fake. QVC....

Same with the wedding ring. BUT -- he is very adamant that this ring is only to be on my hand until he can start working and buy me a "real" ring. I think that's cute (L) I could really care less about the ring.....having him here is all that really matters.

I bought his ring -- he picked it out on the internet and we ordered it. It's really nice. He prefers gold and I perfer silver so our rings would NEVER match.

We are having a party Saturday night (to celebrate Rita & Tashi's wedding :lol: ) and will get married at the courthouse next Friday. We will probably go out for lunch with some of my friends (who will be attending the ceremony) afterwards -- I have to go back to work that afternoon :blink: . I would really like to have a "bash" in the summer but that remains to be seen. We're not planning anything else. I am sure that when we are able to go back to Jamaica his family will have some sort of "get together" for us.....

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

5. Other?

I'm with Mindy, my taste exceed even my own savings! :lol: Squito proposed to me w/o a ring last March. I did not get my ring until January, when he got here. I knew I would get it whenever he saved up enough. I didn't even wear a ring to the interview and they never even asked us about it. Purchasing my own ring would've really hurt his feelings because he told me that he was going to get me one when he was able to get something nice. He could've run out and purchased a crackerjack ring but he felt that I deserved more so I had to be patient until I got mine and I absolutely LOVE it! I read in a bridal magazine just the other day that many woman are often contributing to the cost of their e-ring because they are so expensive. Decide what is best for you and your fiance. Approach the topic carefully though as men are easily offended when it comes to things like this. In the end it's the love not the ring that matters. I know several people with huge baubles on their finger and their relationship is in shambles.

Good afternoon VJ! :D

Roy asked me (very seriously) how much I thought my wedding ring would cost -- and I told him, as honestly as I could -- HEY, Platinum is expensive......you should have seen the look on that poor guys face. I wish I had a picture of it. You could build a small village in Jamaica for what I think the "ring of my dreams" would cost.

But, we both know that I will never get the ring that I really love -- unless we win the Lotto. Like I said, that's just fine with me. And he totally understands that I will be happy with whatever he can finally afford. There are so many other things in our life that I would rather spend the money on.

Squitto was right though -- be very careful how you handle that conversation. It could get really ugly, really fast.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello family.

Damien and I brought our wedding bands together but I paid for the majority of the cost. He still does not feel good about it. He wanted to buy me another ring for our 1st year anniversary but couldn't believe how much they cost :blink: I have to keep reminding him that it doesn't matter because the ring don't make the marriage. We finally agreed that when he makes more money then I'll get my ring. He's still trying though because he received a credit card in the mail from a jewerly store. He was so upset because the credit limit was only $300 :lol: It's a start.

We went to the JP to get married then had a reception two months later. My only regret is that I didn't get the chance to wear "the dress". So we're planning a small party/reception for his family in JA in July. Then we're going to take pictures on the beach all dressed up. I get to shop for the "a dress" finally.

Hello family.

Damien and I brought our wedding bands together but I paid for the majority of the cost. He still does not feel good about it. He wanted to buy me another ring for our 1st year anniversary but couldn't believe how much they cost :blink: I have to keep reminding him that it doesn't matter because the ring don't make the marriage. We finally agreed that when he makes more money then I'll get my ring. He's still trying though because he received a credit card in the mail from a jewerly store. He was so upset because the credit limit was only $300 :lol: It's a start.

We went to the JP to get married then had a reception two months later. My only regret is that I didn't get the chance to wear "the dress". So we're planning a small party/reception for his family in JA in July. Then we're going to take pictures on the beach all dressed up. I get to shop for the "a dress" finally.

aren't weddings fun!!! I love it!! :dance:

5. Other?

I charged my engagement ring and wedding set at the jeweler and HE makes the payment.

Congrats on all the new marriages.

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello family.

They really are :yes: . Am I being silly for wanting to wear "a dress"? I didn't want to wear a wedding dress to the JP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello family.

Goodafternoon family,

We are having a lazy day (well I am). Anthony is checking into going to school at the County VoTech. He is interested in becoming a nurse. We filed our AOS/EAD but have not received a receipt or anything. Do you need a new number to check the status or can you use the K-1 case number?

They really are :yes: . Am I being silly for wanting to wear "a dress"? I didn't want to wear a wedding dress to the JP.

Hello hello,

Well the fun has started :no: ...I tried calling the embassy today so see if packet 3 had been mailed out yet...and guess what I got the standard ring ring ring ring.....and then they picked up the phone and Put it in the (famous drawer) I heard a few conversations of some of the women in the room....then I thought I would be smart and call again and hit #3 instead of #2 for his last name, a lady answered, asked his last name and then transferred me to the ringing line :angry: ..Oh well I am sure glad I read about you guys experience a few months back, or I would have been really angry...but I knew what to expect....no big deal though!!!

Anyway about the ring thing....He really wanted to buy it himself, I even tried to get him to give me the money so I could buy a ring through by business (I have a jewelry business) but he made it clear that he wanted to buy it himself....I knew he was trying to find me one when his ship was in different places and I knew he only had about $300.00 to spend on it, I found mine at Walmart and told him about it, told him he could go to the Walmart in California and look at it and see if he likes it and but it there if he wanted to....Well he liked it and bought it for me....So he bought it himself but yet I was able to pick it out.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

5. Other?

Although the rings are symbols of the union, it's not necessary for my ring to be costly and I would buy it myself but he ain't having it. :no: I'd even be satisfied with a simple/plain wedding band when I get married.

My fiance proposed to me without an engagement ring. I believe he'd wanted to propose earlier but needed to be sure that it was 'safe' to do so without the ring. He would subtly ask questions to see how I felt about it. It really didn't make much of a difference to me. I was so excited when he asked me that I didn't notice or even care that there wasn't a ring.

Just a few years ago it would have made a difference and there would be absolutely no way that I would've bought my own. My ex-husband bought me the most beautiful set and right now it's sitting in a ring box in my drawer.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Hello family.

girl, that's not silly at all. Most women dream of the wedding day and "the dress" from their youth. Go for it girl, get a big white pretty dress and enjoy it to the maxx!!! i saw girls in the jp last week wearing big prom frock and wedding gowns, i was like hell to the nah :lol::lol::lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.