aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies, please check out this article titled...Homeland Security glitch delays 10,000 weddings

http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-613we...fla-news-fringe

Lee

yup this is what I am going through....AKA IMBRA Law....but like i said before should be getting something soon to fill out....

According to the new buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we will be getting RFEs in about the next 2 weeks ( dont take my word has final this is based on the VJ buzz).

USCIS will be sending out RFEs for teh 10000 applicants immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this is according to the updated memorandum they had put up today.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Miss Kim have a SAFE flight tonight!!! i'll be calling ya after work!!!!!

BTW...looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the IMBRA....it seems with in the next 1-2 weeks i should be getting a RFE to fill out 3 more questions...so i just pray that this will be the end to the hold up!!!

That's wonderful... :yes:

Oh wait, I forgot to tell you guys...we're going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon!!!! I cannot wait!! :dance::dance::dance:

That's fantastic, I heard it is beautiful, details, details when you get back :luv:

Thanks guys.......I am taking this so much harder than Roy is. He actually had a dream that they messed up his fingerprints and we had to do it over again. I'm just sick to my stomach.....

Now, if he starts having baby dreams I'm really in trouble :lol:

Squitto -- I am so #######, you guys know that. I looked all the forms over a MILLION times. I even had the girl who used to work with me (okay, she was dumber than a box of rocks, but...) look over all the forms. We didn't catch it. Oh well. Nothing I can do now but they tell me I have to do.

I guess it's better that I made the mistake instead of USCIS. Even if they made it, it still wouldn't make the process of getting a new card any easier.

Try not to take it so hard :no: you are only human and we all make mistakes :) .

I do hope I get something earliere han Sapetember, but with this IMBRA I have changed everything to and approval in August and an interview in September ( mi nah go ramp-mi just a go sen out everyting has soon as mi get dem)

Don't even worry about the baby dreams it should be the fishes, whether it is him or any member of your family ( my sister dreamt about fishes for me) ,

ok, I am officially frustrated. Today must be a "day of calling and not getting anything accomplished" kindaI really think they give you such a runaround so you will end up just paying for it out of frustration!

I am so glad you said that! I was just talking about that very thing just the other day. I ordered something and they kept talking and talking to me about all these other "special offers" that I am going to get and I can try them free for one month then cancel. I told her I didn't want them to begin with....she said, "okay" then went along with the rest of her "sphiel."

Can't wait till I get to try to cancel all those "special offers." I just know they are going to make it really hard on me to cancel. I should save your post so I can just re-post it in 30 days :lol:

:lol: , my girlfreind ended up with 2 years of free service from them because they would cancel her trial period. They just kept on adding a few more months ( they lost out).

Good evening family,

I had the most lazy, laid back day ever. I stayed in bed all day! Funerals always leave me depressed and I had to take a vacation at home from everything and everybody.

Congrats Squitto on everything :dance::dance::dance:

Hi Woogie,

I see you're getting some action finally!!

What do you mean? Are you seeing something that I'm not. Please let me know and what the heck does being 'touched' mean :huh::huh::huh:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
Hopefully they will replace the not so nice ones that are there right now !!!

Kelly -- Any news on when Craig is coming? Did they find the medical records yet?

Yes, Kelly - we're all wondering how things are going for you and Craig :yes: Did he finally get his Visa? When is he flying here? We're all on the edge of our seats! Aren't you going crazy waiting when it's so close to actually happening now? You've waited for so long. The anticipation must be killin you ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to checkin and post. My travel business has been sooooo awesome this summer and keeping me completely crazy busy !!!!

Anyway....so he's now FINALLY APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!! as of yesterday. VISA should be delivered to him next Tues and then he's coming to the states Thursday, June 22nd (1st day with CHEAP airfare) !!! We are ALL soooooooooooo darn excited, nervous and everything else that goes along with it!! My son, is (surprisingly) VERY excited !!!

My family will totally NOT be supportive and I have to laugh, cause we're having a family get-together sometime over the July 4th weekend....should be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting !!!

So remind me, what does he do with the "big brown envelope"? Do they do anything with it when he arrives into the states? For anyone who has flown to BWI, how was going through customs? Do they take him to a separate area? or is everything done right there at the both ?? This last trip was a breeze for me, but all my trips before that, I've been 3x looked over, asked questions and bizarre ones, etc etc. Craig is getting a little nervous about flying for the 1st time. His brother just called him yesterday, he's now in Philly on a tourist visa, so that'll be cool that he'll be an hour 1/2 from us.

As for getting married....it will be VERY small, not into the whole hoopla of the big wedding thing. We're shooting for the 18th of "a" month (cause his b-day is the 18th of Feb, mine is the 18th of May and we wanted our anniversary date to be the 18th of ??). My friend is going to marry us....wherever.

I can't believe we're at this point and ready to start the next PITA (pain in the ya know) point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions.

Thanks for all of your support over this past year !!

Kelly

Kelly -- Congratulations!! It sure has been a long journey for the both of you (L)

Regarding the brown envelope -- he will give that to the Immigration officer at the airport. Tell him NOT TO OPEN IT. He will keep the envelope with his chest x-ray as a souvenir.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly -- Any news on when Craig is coming? Did they find the medical records yet?

Yes, Kelly - we're all wondering how things are going for you and Craig :yes: Did he finally get his Visa? When is he flying here? We're all on the edge of our seats! Aren't you going crazy waiting when it's so close to actually happening now? You've waited for so long. The anticipation must be killin you ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to checkin and post. My travel business has been sooooo awesome this summer and keeping me completely crazy busy !!!!

Anyway....so he's now FINALLY APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!! as of yesterday. VISA should be delivered to him next Tues and then he's coming to the states Thursday, June 22nd (1st day with CHEAP airfare) !!! We are ALL soooooooooooo darn excited, nervous and everything else that goes along with it!! My son, is (surprisingly) VERY excited !!!

My family will totally NOT be supportive and I have to laugh, cause we're having a family get-together sometime over the July 4th weekend....should be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting !!!

So remind me, what does he do with the "big brown envelope"? Do they do anything with it when he arrives into the states? For anyone who has flown to BWI, how was going through customs? Do they take him to a separate area? or is everything done right there at the both ?? This last trip was a breeze for me, but all my trips before that, I've been 3x looked over, asked questions and bizarre ones, etc etc. Craig is getting a little nervous about flying for the 1st time. His brother just called him yesterday, he's now in Philly on a tourist visa, so that'll be cool that he'll be an hour 1/2 from us.

As for getting married....it will be VERY small, not into the whole hoopla of the big wedding thing. We're shooting for the 18th of "a" month (cause his b-day is the 18th of Feb, mine is the 18th of May and we wanted our anniversary date to be the 18th of ??). My friend is going to marry us....wherever.

I can't believe we're at this point and ready to start the next PITA (pain in the ya know) point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions.

Kelly

Congrats Kelly and Craig :luv:

BWI was a breeze for Damien, especially that time of night. Craig should have no problems. Damien still have his big brown envelope.

Kelly - I'm always available for support and information. We are neighbors. Let us know if there's anything Damien and I can do :luv:

Good morning.

Timeline

Good morning everyone.

Congratulations, Kelly!!!! :dance::dance:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

I am off to the airport!!!! I hope everyone has a great week and I will be in touch when I return......please say a weather prayer.......it is raining in Jamaica again today........ :( I want "Sunny Skies!!! :star::star:

Yay!! Have a nice trip :yes:

Hey Everyone,

Kelly

Congrats Kelly :dance::dance: This was a long time coming. We have Squito's chest x-ray stashed in our storage closet. They took everything else from him at the airport. AOS sure is a PITA but at least you have a little break in between. Spend some QT with your man and enjoy planning your wedding. :luv:

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone,

Kelly

Congratulations on the approval. I am sooo happy for you both! :dance: The brown envelope he must not open it. Arrival for Rohan about 1 1/2 months ago in JFK was reall simple. I feel you on the small wedding thing, mine is going to be around 100 people and it is soo stressful. Cant wait to get it over with and escape.

I got the marriage license yesterday, is there anything I should be saving from the wedding that I may need later for adjustment of status. besides pictures? :unsure:

one more thing, just checked the case status online...and Squito's EAD was touched yesterday!! :dance::dance: i hope that means an approval is on it's way...it hadn't been touched since april 22

Congrats on being "touched" :D

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
one more thing, just checked the case status online...and Squito's EAD was touched yesterday!! :dance::dance: i hope that means an approval is on it's way...it hadn't been touched since april 22

Ms. Squito,

Remember to add your name to this list of CSC transferees in the AOS forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=387

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Other Timeline
Kelly -- Congratulations!! It sure has been a long journey for the both of you (L)

Regarding the brown envelope -- he will give that to the Immigration officer at the airport. Tell him NOT TO OPEN IT. He will keep the envelope with his chest x-ray as a souvenir.

Hey everyone I'm at work :help: Checking in.. :P

Congrats Kelly..if in the even that Craig opens the big brown evelope :bonk: don't over react like I did :huh: In our case they did not make a big deal about it.

Tee...congrats on the touch...See......The end soon come fa us ALL :lol:

If you guys don't know already I lOOOOOVE my hubby. He got up earily this morning, honey is the car dirty???I'm like why :blink: ????(I just know he didn't expect me to have already washed it :whistle:) No wife of mine drives around in a dutty carr. :yes::blush: I had another D is an idiot moments :yes:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Good morning all,

I got touched on my I130 :dance::dance: wonder what is going on, it has been untouch since may 23.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

sorry double post

Edited by desperatewife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.