aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Ladies, please check out this article titled...Homeland Security glitch delays 10,000 weddings

Isn't it just amazing that they could actually get away with doing something like that to so many people?!!?!?

And it's like, "oh yeah, we couldn't get our S*$# together in time, oh well..." It just makes me want to scream :o

While we were waiting for the EAD I was eavesdropping on a conversation between a girl (with her sister and American husband) from Romania and an USCIS officer. From what I could gather, she has already had two AOS interviews. It was because of a paperwork mix-up by the Government. Even the second rescheduled interview got messed up -- and it was their fault. The interview letters never got sent out and they admitted that to them -- even put it in writing and apologized -- but, that didn't help her at all.

She is trying to get her AP because her father is sick back home and they want to go see him. The officer was very sympathatic but he actually said something to the effect of -- I totally understand your problem and know that it was all our fault. You have done everything right -- but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. The "powers that be" are the ones who decide what happens.

It's just so amazing to me.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Ladies, please check out this article titled...Homeland Security glitch delays 10,000 weddings

http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-613we...fla-news-fringe

Lee

that's terrible :angry: as if this stuff isn't already hard enough

Isn't it just amazing that they could actually get away with doing something like that to so many people?!!?!?

And it's like, "oh yeah, we couldn't get our S*$# together in time, oh well..." It just makes me want to scream :o

While we were waiting for the EAD I was eavesdropping on a conversation between a girl (with her sister and American husband) from Romania and an USCIS officer. From what I could gather, she has already had two AOS interviews. It was because of a paperwork mix-up by the Government. Even the second rescheduled interview got messed up -- and it was their fault. The interview letters never got sent out and they admitted that to them -- even put it in writing and apologized -- but, that didn't help her at all.

She is trying to get her AP because her father is sick back home and they want to go see him. The officer was very sympathatic but he actually said something to the effect of -- I totally understand your problem and know that it was all our fault. You have done everything right -- but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. The "powers that be" are the ones who decide what happens.

It's just so amazing to me.....

We got a similar response when we went for out infopass appointment. The officer pretty much acknowledged that they f#cked up, but said there's nothing that he can do to help me. :angry:

We got a similar response when we went for out infopass appointment. The officer pretty much acknowledged that they f#cked up, but said there's nothing that he can do to help me. :angry:

I totally understand the need for continuity.....but.....they need to have a, "What the F*#! Department." Those would be the people who would handle the stuff that THEY screwed up.

And Squitto -- you would have gone to the top of their "We really did it this time" list ;)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Miss Kim have a SAFE flight tonight!!! i'll be calling ya after work!!!!!

BTW...looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the IMBRA....it seems with in the next 1-2 weeks i should be getting a RFE to fill out 3 more questions...so i just pray that this will be the end to the hold up!!!

That is awsome!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Rhonda, carpenter ants are bad, bad. You need to go around the house and make sure there is not a tree they are infesting, that rubs against the house, the gutter, or one of the electric or phone lines. We had them in our house two years ago, and it turns out they were coming in from a tree in our back yard, that rubbed against our telephone and electric lines. We ended up having to take the tree completely out, (it was rotted anyway) but they WILL eventually infest the house as well, from what I have read, almost like termites. We didnt realize it, but the tree was totally infested, and we tried everything before we paid to have the tree removed. They really freaked me out as well, cuz the suckers are HUGE and scary looking on top of the other bad stuff. :( We didnt even have a wood house, but I got scared when I started reading about them, cuz they dont care, they will even get into the eaves, or windows, where ANY wood is. I had read that you can hear them rustling at night if you have them, and I swear I heard rustling all that summer, but I was probably imagining it cuz just thinkin bout it gives me the heebie jeebies. Good luck!

The exterminator is coming out tomorrow :yes: I'm not putting up with those little bastards anymore :angry: They give me the heebie jeebies too! Our house is made of brick, but there's plenty of wood they could feed off of too.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Praise the Lord and pass the Appleton's:dance: :dance:

Roy got a temp EAD card this morning. It's good for 90 days. We had to send the original card back to Lee's Summit along with a new I-765.....but not $$ or anything else. Contrarary to what the guy from the USCIS told me yesterday on the phone. We should be getting the new card in about two weeks.....

Can I just tell you how relieved I am?!??

I am going to post the whole story in the EAD forum.....don't want to bore you ladies.....

Congrats :dance:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Roy got a temp EAD card this morning. It's good for 90 days. We had to send the original card back to Lee's Summit along with a new I-765.....but not $$ or anything else. Contrarary to what the guy from the USCIS told me yesterday on the phone. We should be getting the new card in about two weeks.....

That's awesome :dance: What a huge relief for you guys. Obviously, you got one of the finer employees at USCIS yesterday who didn't know jack sh*t :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Lee

Wow that stinks! I am glad we are getting married in JA. I know you all think I am dreaming but I am go to see if knowing the senator in are state may speed up the process or if my dad employs Dwain. Thanks for all your replies that I will just have to wait but I just got to try to see if I can pull any short cuts. hmmm

How was everyones day? Take care

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hopefully they will replace the not so nice ones that are there right now !!!

Kelly -- Any news on when Craig is coming? Did they find the medical records yet?

Yes, Kelly - we're all wondering how things are going for you and Craig :yes: Did he finally get his Visa? When is he flying here? We're all on the edge of our seats! Aren't you going crazy waiting when it's so close to actually happening now? You've waited for so long. The anticipation must be killin you ;)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lee

This is the article related to IMBRA......(the reason why Shauna and Mike had their interview cancelled and case sent back to USCIS)....just complete f!uckery!!!!!

Very interesting article....believe it or not...this article was written because the VJ member named "Billsgirl" contacted the associated press to expose IMBRA.

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Where has Jamie been? Has anyone heard from her? :unsure: It's too quiet in here :hehe:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:

I am off to the airport!!!! I hope everyone has a great week and I will be in touch when I return......please say a weather prayer.......it is raining in Jamaica again today........ :( I want "Sunny Skies!!! :star::star:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lee

yup this is what I am going through....AKA IMBRA Law....but like i said before should be getting something soon to fill out....

Filed: Other Timeline
Oh wait, I forgot to tell you guys...we're going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon!!!! I cannot wait!! :dance::dance::dance:

Can I come with??? :blush::lol:

Good evening..I guess I have joined the evening gang :D I started a new Job on Monday, that and life dosen't leave much time for VJ :(

Well, I hope everyone is having a good week.

Minday: That's great :thumbs: those idiots seem not to ever know what they are talking about.

Squitto's: We wanna go. :P

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

:dance::dance::dance:

I am off to the airport!!!! I hope everyone has a great week and I will be in touch when I return......please say a weather prayer.......it is raining in Jamaica again today........ :( I want "Sunny Skies!!! :star::star:

Have a safe trip :thumbs: and have fun for all of us :yes: I wanna go too!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.