aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why is it that we have to pay more money to look at the World Cup. :angry: We don't have to pay for basket, basb, foot, and all the other balls why to we have to pay for soccor...I'm a bit up set about it :angry:

Thats all Leos been talkin about how hes going to miss the matches,so I have to go run out and get him some tapes so he can record the match.Its on abc here..I thought we would have to pay too,but the matches are on regular tv

Richie got his EAD card in the mail!

:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to Richie and you..Hows your son?I know he must be a big boy now

He is here now crying to come out his crib and distroy my laptop.... he is almost 8 months now.

my husband microwaves but i dont i am not comfortable with it

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks. this baby is so reluctant to take the breast. he's just 2 weeks old and i know i should be breastfeeding, but he doesnt want it. i'm tired of forcing him so its just formula. if i'm lucky he'll take the breast for 3 minutes but thats only when he wants to sleep, and he sucks on it like its his pacifier.

No problem....Girl breastfeeding not for everyone,and that why my second son got formula after four months he was too greedy,and was killing me.I used to have to lube them babies down.Breastfeeding takes alot...don't feel bad :no:

I do too popcorn..I felt better doing it the old fashioned way,and everybody would think I was crazy...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi

i have a question for all u mothers. is there a downside to microwaving formula after u've mixed it and stored it in the refrigerator? has anyone ever done that?

I heard it can create hot spots & possibly burn his little mouth. You have to shake it REALLY well to mix it. It makes me too nervous, I couldn't do it.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Other Timeline
hi

i have a question for all u mothers. is there a downside to microwaving formula after u've mixed it and stored it in the refrigerator? has anyone ever done that?

From personal experience and from being a nurse on the Motherbaby unit, we have always taught moms not to, only because it will not heat the formula evenly leaving hot spots that could burn babies mouth. You should never heat breast milk. I have warmed formula for my baby. I would say if you just have to do it, do it carefully and mix or shake the formula gently before use. I have done it as well, Try telling a screaming baby in the middle of the night that it has to warm up first :no: .....that not make it :lol: They also have bottle warmers out there as well. :D

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

thanks. this baby is so reluctant to take the breast. he's just 2 weeks old and i know i should be breastfeeding, but he doesnt want it. i'm tired of forcing him so its just formula. if i'm lucky he'll take the breast for 3 minutes but thats only when he wants to sleep, and he sucks on it like its his pacifier.

I would like to congratulate you on trying to breast feed your son. I would give him more time. He's only two weeks. Has your milk come in yet? For some it takes a while. Esp if he's not latching on and sucking enough to stimulate your glands to produce milk, there for he's not satisfied. How much did your baby weigh? When you supplement with formula try a smaller nipple. He might have some nipple confusion. They teach you that breast feeding is best, but some of us cannot do it. I was one of the ones who could not. So don't be so hard on your self if you have to switch to formula only. You have already given your baby a healthy start. (F)

Roy got his EAD card in the mail too :dance: :dance:

For all of you wondering -- yes, he is a FEMALE. Those idiots put that on the card. Do the problems ever end???? :bonk:

Popcorn -- Congratulations to Richie!! :dance: How is the "big boy?"

Leo -- So glad to see you back and doing well. Don't be such a stranger!!

Jules -- My sister used to freeze her milk and we would have to defrost it. We would boil water in the microwave and put the bottle in the water to defrost. That way it never got too hot. I would be afraid to do the formula/milk direct because when you microwave things they get hotter after taken out....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

For all of you wondering -- yes, he is a FEMALE. Those idiots put that on the card. Do the problems ever end???? :bonk:

My gosh!! :wacko::blink: Congrats....I think :wacko::bonk:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Mindy, Anna, Shamonya...Anyone else who we have not seen: Go to Walmart, Walgreens, Kmart. buy the cheapest digital camera they have, take a picture of your self save it on your computer. And send us a gob darn picture!!!! OR go to "Save a lot" :lol: Yes gob darn it I am cheap.... If you don't know it by now. :huh: buy a camera 2.99 might be less, takes some pictures, when you have them developed get them with a disk, put the disk in the computer and send us a picture :P Or go to the library you can use the disks there as well to up link them to sites like snapfish, Walgreens, Walmart what ever. I want to see a picture of Mindy with her crazy sef :blink::lol::lol: I think that I have covered all the excuses :hehe:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nice... that's just nice. One little letter and they couldn't get it right. :rolleyes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

I want to see a picture of Mindy with her crazy sef :blink::lol::lol: I think that I have covered all the excuses :hehe:

THE TRUTH: I am a vampire and cannot be photographed :lol: :lol:

Okay Dee -- next week we are going to San Diego to see my sister -- THE DIGITAL PHOTO QUEEN -- I promise you by Monday, June 19 <okay, maybe not that soon - but sometime that week> there will be pictures of us up on Yahoo!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

quote name='leoschampion' date='Jun 10 2006, 11:39 AM' post='243964']

hi

I have two sons,and breastfed both...and with my second son I supplemented on formula,and put in the microwave at times,but not until he got a little older I did that.My goddaughter mother used the microwave all the time,and shes fine.Also you don't need it to be so so warm...long as it room temp. its fine.

No worries, I never breast fed....had no desire to. My son had formula and I put the bottle in water in a pot on the stove and then when I got a microwave (back in the day), then I microwaved it. He's totally fine and knock on wood....never ever ever sick ! The "do's" and "don'ts" about breast feeding and circumcisions....??

hi

Oh yeah, and then I forgot, I did get a bottle warmer......that was a GREEEEEEAT investment !!! My son was always "underweight" (95% of height and 25% of weight) but took formula and lots of it and my doctors never ever worried about him. Austin is healthy as a horse and is "normal" weight today (at 12) and veeery active in sports --well especially soccer (since he was 5).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just checking in....I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Damien is working alot of OT this week - he's working from 8am to 10pm tomorrow. Now he's over his friend house playing dominios while I'm babysitting 5 girls :wacko:

Congrats on the EAD Popcorn and Richie.

Sorry about the mix up on Roy's EAD card. I hope it can up cleared up with no problems.

Good to see you Leo.

Dee - we'll add our pictures soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just checking in....I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Damien is working alot of OT this week - he's working from 8am to 10pm tomorrow. Now he's over his friend house playing dominios while I'm babysitting 5 girls :wacko:

Sorry about the mix up on Roy's EAD card. I hope it can up cleared up with no problems.

Good to see you Leo.

Just curious........

This brings up a question I have for everyone........where does your husband meet friends to hang out with? I know Duane has tons of friends in Jamaica and he is really friendly so I am sure he won't have trouble making friends but where do they find em?????

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Formula question...

Well...it has been some time ago but....... I breast fed for a couple months then moved over to formula. I used powder formula and heated the bottled water in the microwave. I always made sure to shake the bottle to mix the formula and make sure I got any hot spots out. My sister has 3 likkle ones now and she uses/used powder formula also. It is the most convenient method aside from the breast....you can always find water or if we went out for the day, I would fill the bottles with boiling hot water and by the time it was time for feeding, the water had cooled off or I poured some out and mixed cold bottled water to make it "warm". I founds the powder to be most cost effective too. It went a lot longer than anything else and never had any waste.

Oh NOOOOOO.... :no::no::no: All this baby talk is making me SCURRRRRED...... :wacko: Let me get: :ot: ......I need to go take my pill...... :yes::yes:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good to see you Leo.

Just curious........

This brings up a question I have for everyone........where does your husband meet friends to hang out with? I know Duane has tons of friends in Jamaica and he is really friendly so I am sure he won't have trouble making friends but where do they find em?????

Happy Sunday. Good question. Damien is very friendly but really do not want to make alot of new friends here. He says his friends are in JA. His co-workers are always inviting him out but he never go for some reason. Not having his drivers license yet may have something to do with it. The guys house he was over last night is a friend of a friend - they hit it off right away. He's Jamaican and lives around the corner. But all they do is drink beer, play dominioes and talk trash every once in awhile..... they don't go anywhere. I can't wait until Damien find friends to hang out with. Until then....it's just me & him (L) .

Dee - Glad to hear you daughter is okay (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.