aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on getting your wedding day all organized Rita - I hope you guys have a beautiful day! We'll be thinking of you!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone,

Rita - so glad to hear about your plans to have a church wedding, I know you are excieted and I cannot wait to hear the details

Jonesie & Drew - what a great story, and a story that is unforgetable!!!

To everyone else hope you have a great week.

I just got my mail and got a letter from the NVC dated Feb. 16th saying that our petition will be to the JA embassy with in a week, yyyeeeppppeeeee...cant wait to get moving in this process!!

Until later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's certainly expected that as old journeys are completed and new ones are started that some will leave and some will come in. It is noted that some have been conspicuously absent of late and we miss you. We hope you're doing well, and if not, there's support here for you too. Things may not be as they were before but your input was and is still invaluable for those of us who are trying to determine if we can survive this crazy process, those in the midst of the process and new ones to come. I invite you to come back and join us, even if it's just to pop in and say hello, since we know that many lead busy lives; afterall that's what friends are for. Please don't forget the ties that bind us.

Michele (F)

That was so sweet :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
It's certainly expected that as old journeys are completed and new ones are started that some will leave and some will come in. It is noted that some have been conspicuously absent of late and we miss you. We hope you're doing well, and if not, there's support here for you too. Things may not be as they were before but your input was and is still invaluable for those of us who are trying to determine if we can survive this crazy process, those in the midst of the process and new ones to come. I invite you to come back and join us, even if it's just to pop in and say hello, since we know that many lead busy lives; afterall that's what friends are for. Please don't forget the ties that bind us.

Michele (F)

Michele, very well said!

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The wedding is on for Saturday. Having it at Lacota United Methodist Church (where I was baptised years ago) and we are meeting with the officiant today at 3pm. So Tashi wins ....he got the church wedding that he wanted LOL. I will post more later just wanted to check in and leave an update.

Wow, a church wedding is so blessed. I know you got it all together.

Timeline

Afternoon everyone. I bet that pineapple is great. It's my favorite fruit. It's cold here and I have a fire going. I need to go out to run errands but waiting for more heat. I hate cold.

Shemayna, I know you are looking forward to Jamaica in March. I wish we were going too. I didn't apply for AP because we need the money while he is waiting for EAD to come through. He stopped working and is home now. The system needs fixing. He should be able to go to work after we married (that was the reason for the K-1 visa. I don't understand our immigration laws. Getting a driver license in Virginia is another horror story.

Have a blessed day!

Ann-can he apply for a temporary EAD until the permanent one comes? It doesn't make any sense to have that gap in employment. I think that temping might be the way to go when they first arrive; it would be a shame to get a good job then have to quit because of this kind of lapse. What are the requirments for getting a driver's license it Virginia?

good afternoon vj'ers.

just wanted to tell everyone that we just got back from our way too short week in jamaica. we had a blast, had good weather and spent so much quality time with the daughter. I am happy to be home, making money again instead of spending...

can't think of any highlights at the moment. loved this trip the most because of his daughter and because we did a lot more exploring of the country than we had in the past. we had our own car for the week...his friend let us borrow his bmw. can you belive we're driving a nissan sentra in the us and a bmw in jamaica. love it

Welcome home-glad you enjoyed your trip and had great weather. And there's nothing better than spending quality time with your children.

Welcome home Lake!

Ditto Lake! For those of you that may be getting drivers license--In Virginia we had to show marriage certificate (notorized) and documents to show residency, ss card, visa and passport. After we got all that, they said they will only issue a license for the expiration date on your document K-1 visa in our case. That would have been a license for less than one month. We decided to wait until EAD and/or green card comes.

Hey everyone,

Rita - so glad to hear about your plans to have a church wedding, I know you are excieted and I cannot wait to hear the details

I just got my mail and got a letter from the NVC dated Feb. 16th saying that our petition will be to the JA embassy with in a week, yyyeeeppppeeeee...cant wait to get moving in this process!!

Until later, Joanna

:dance::dance: Now the fun really begins. I'm so happy for you.

Michele

For those of you that may be getting drivers license--In Virginia we had to show marriage certificate (notorized) and documents to show residency, ss card, visa and passport. After we got all that, they said they will only issue a license for the expiration date on your document K-1 visa in our case. That would have been a license for less than one month. We decided to wait until EAD and/or green card comes.

:o:wacko:

Timeline
Hey everyone,

Until later, Joanna

Joanna,

This is some great news. It won't be long before you and Adrian are together forever. (L)(L)(L) By the way, are you still coming down to South Florida to visit Adrian this weekend? If I remember correctly, he's supposed to meet your family...is that right? How long are you going to be in the area?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Joanna -- Now you are really on your way. Congratulations!! :dance: Don't get too discouraged when you start trying to contact the Embassy.....all of us who have been through that HELL will be here for you.

Hey Girls -- Remember those few days in November when there was a bunch of us trying to get through to the Embassy to get our Interview dates? Seems like just yesterday.... :wacko::blink:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Good morning everyone. I've been having a rough time at work the last couple of days :( I know you can all relate.

Joanna - Congrats on moving toward the next step :yes: It won't be long now!

Rita - glad to hear that your wedding plans are coming together. Best wishes this weekend :luv:

Has anyone heard from Jamie lately? :unsure: She used to be on here every day. I hope everything is all right.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

The wedding is on for Saturday. Having it at Lacota United Methodist Church (where I was baptised years ago) and we are meeting with the officiant today at 3pm. So Tashi wins ....he got the church wedding that he wanted LOL. I will post more later just wanted to check in and leave an update.

:dance::dance::dance: congrats rita!!

good afternoon all :)

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. Things have been so crazy! Anyway go to yahoo to read about our wedding report.

Congrats Jonesie!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Going to read the report now, we sooooooooooooo need to catch up honey (F)

Michele (F)

awwwwwwwwww, that was very sweet. This thread was the only thing that kept me sane during those long months of waiting. Now with planning this big wedding and trying to get the papers out, things are more hectic than I ever imagined. I will always check in on this thread and read up on the new journeys!

Hugs

:D

Hey everyone,

Until later, Joanna

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ur on ur way now love :thumbs:

Joanna -- Now you are really on your way. Congratulations!! :dance: Don't get too discouraged when you start trying to contact the Embassy.....all of us who have been through that HELL will be here for you.

Hey Girls -- Remember those few days in November when there was a bunch of us trying to get through to the Embassy to get our Interview dates? Seems like just yesterday.... :wacko::blink:

for real :blink:

Timeline

Jonesie - I just got to read your story - it was so sweet (L) Congrats on a great day!

Joanna - Congrats on moving forward, it all goes so fast from here!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Congrats on the wedding Jonesie :thumbs: It's good that you were able to make the best out of yucky circumstances. You must have had a battery operated alarm clock or used your cell phone to wake you up if the power was out! Good thing you woke up on time at least. I can't wait to see the pics.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Michele (F)

Hi Everyone, I'm popping in to say hello and many many congrats to those....list is just way to long.

I had a heck of a time finding the link when it all changed over, but I checkin every now and then. I really don't have much to contribute, but do think of you guys and thank you to those that are still supportive, it means alot.

Gearing up for a trip to Jamaica in April with my son for his spring break. Looking forward to the much needed getaway. Business has been absolutely fantastic, which I'm happy that everyone's back to traveling again!

Take care and I hope I've posted this right..

:D Kelly

Timeline

The wedding will be in the evening @6pm. So think of us around that time. Things were kind of touch and go with the date and the time I am so relieved to have everything set. I have to pick up my dress and my maid of honors dress tomorrow. Someone asked about colors....white black and red. Three very basic colors and come to think of it...the only red involved is in my bouquet. I got the key to the church today!! My dad will be walking me down the Isle....I will probably be crying at that time. Its every little girls dream to have her daddy give her away...and to know that I have chosen a man that my father feels is worthy brings bliss to my heart. I am at work right now...I will try to keep checking in with VJ in between all the activities in the next couple of days. Tomorrow I pick up the dresses and my oldest daughter has a band concert. Friday is Tashi's birthday and then Saturday is the wedding. I just want to get past the weekend so things can slow down!!

Blessings,

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.