aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

:lol::lol: Jill, that's funny!

Come to think of it though....we DO ask for "problems" or euphemistically (is that a word?) "tests". I have learned not to ask God for patience - because how do you get patience?? From some :bonk: working your last nerve over and over. :yes: You learn it waiting in line for ages. You learn it from showing your assitant the same task over and over and over. I remember my sister praying for a raise. And two days letter her boss called her and said I need you to work four hours OT every night and every Saturday for the next four months. My sis was like :ranting: but she got all the cash she needed to build her deck, she just had to work for it. :lol::whistle:

Moral of my story: Be careful what you wish/pray for. :whistle:

Say it !!!Say it!! again my sista!! There would be no patience with out first having problems!!!!!

Hello all (F)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE......I sucessfully made it one full jog around the tack with out stopping :lol: I am really proud of mi sef!!!! :yes::lol:

Good morning (F)

Tomorrow is Julie & Michael (Sbys) AOS interview. Please everyone, send them your best wishes for a speedy and easy interview. :dancing:

Thanks Mindy :luv: And Hi everyone - I've been around, but lurking lately. Too tired/lazy to post anything. We're ready for tomorrow so hopefully all goes well. :thumbs:

Good morning (F)

Tomorrow is Julie & Michael (Sbys) AOS interview. Please everyone, send them your best wishes for a speedy and easy interview. :dancing:

Good luck Julie and Michael :yes: You both will be in my prayers. I mean it's not like they can deny you, you're walking up in their with your big belly :lol::lol:

Good morning everyone ;)

:lol::lol:

And it is getting big! It popped out so much over the past couple weeks - the baby must be getting ready for the interview too ;)

Thanks for your well wishes Jill, EH, and Tenika. By the way Tenika - your menu sounds great. Can I copy it for my wedding?! :P

GOOD LUCK JULIE :thumbs: Maybe I'll go buy a pregggers suit for back up :unsure:

Yes :thumbs: Tenika The menu sounds good.....Anyone ever curried pork?? :unsure: I need suggestions for dinner.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GOOD LUCK JULIE :thumbs: Maybe I'll go buy a pregggers suit for back up :unsure:

:lol: I'll loan you my ultrasound pictures! Thanks for the the good luck - and thanks to Jonesie, Rhonda, and sjb too :luv:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck Julie and Michael!!! :thumbs:

My sweetheart has the flu today...... :( He is in bed with body aches, fever and a BADDDD headache!! :( It been raining in Jamaica for 5 days straight.........

Why can't I be there now to help him.....he is trying to be tough but I can hear it in his voice...he needs some TLC...... :cry::cry:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Currying pork is almost like currying beef - except you might want to cook pork separately a bit first saute or bake it a bit then make stew. I have never cooked pork mind you - just heard that it should be throughly cooked.

Curried Pork Stew

12" Skillet

Makes 4 servings.

2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2" cubes

3 tablespoons olive oil

2 medium onions, cut into 1-1/2" pieces

1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-1/2" pieces

2 tablespoon curry powder

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 16-oz can crushed tomatoes

3 tablespoons tomato paste

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1 bay leaf

salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste

Tabasco sauce to taste

Heat the oil in a large skillet and when hot, add the pork cubes and brown over high heat. Remove to a warmed dish.

Add more oil, if necessary, then cook the onions and pepper until just softened. Then add the curry powder and garlic and cook for another minute or so.

Add the tomatoes and their juice, and the tomato paste. Stir in the water and vinegar. Add the bay leaf, mint and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then back off heat and simmer covered for about 1-1/2 hours.

When the meat is tender and cooked through, remove the bay leaf and add a few drops of Tabasco (or as desired) and serve in warmed bowls.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Elizabeth-No chicken legs over here but......... he is having twins........ :D:D dat belly da size a watamelon!!! :P

:lol: We tease my formerly reed-thin brother that he is having triplets - we call them Faith Hope and Charity! :lol::whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

Have not named Duane's twins yet........ :lol:

My sweetheart has the flu today...... :( He is in bed with body aches, fever and a BADDDD headache!! :( It been raining in Jamaica for 5 days straight.........

Why can't I be there now to help him.....he is trying to be tough but I can hear it in his voice...he needs some TLC...... :cry::cry:

I'm sorry to hear....but If he's like my man when he's sick he's pit te ful :lol: and is in dear need of TLC ....I hope he gets to feeling better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why hasn't USCIS touched our case again? :angry:

Good afternoon everyone!

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

aww poor baby. I know the feeling well...total helplessness. Henry got stung by a scorpion one day and I was a mess. The next day I called him and he sounded like he had his mouth stuffed with cotton. Then he said, "I can't talk". I was like whaaaattttt!!!!!? OMG!!! OMG!!! He has scoprion poisoning!!!

And then he mumbled like Don Corleone in the Godfather, "I'm at the dentist." :lol::lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Currying pork is almost like currying beef - except you might want to cook pork separately a bit first saute or bake it a bit then make stew. I have never cooked pork mind you - just heard that it should be throughly cooked.

Curried Pork Stew

12" Skillet

Makes 4 servings.

3 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup water

1 bay leaf

Tabasco sauce to taste

Heat the oil in a large skillet and when hot, add the pork cubes and brown over high heat. Remove to a warmed dish.

Add more oil, if necessary, then cook the onions and pepper until just softened. Then add the curry powder and garlic and cook for another minute or so.

Add the tomatoes and their juice, and the tomato paste. Stir in the water and vinegar. Add the bay leaf, mint and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then back off heat and simmer covered for about 1-1/2 hours.

When the meat is tender and cooked through, remove the bay leaf and add a few drops of Tabasco (or as desired) and serve in warmed bowls.

Thanks... well I used to bake it, like stake sort of...but I don't know what else to do with it??...I have everything but the bay leaf. If I cook it any other way, it'll look like a piece of meat and he won't eat it :unsure:

Timeline

Good afternoon everyone!

USCIS is like a man - they are waiting for you to put on something sexy and play hard to get! Be like Mindy glue down de place and watch them come touch you up! :lol::lol:

Curried Pork Stew

12" Skillet

Makes 4 servings.

3 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup water

1 bay leaf

Tabasco sauce to taste

Thanks... well I used to bake it, like stake sort of...but I don't know what else to do with it??...I have everything but the bay leaf. If I cook it any other way, it'll look like a piece of meat and he won't eat it :unsure:

Bay leaf won't change it that much. :no:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

aww poor baby. I know the feeling well...total helplessness. Henry got stung by a scorpion one day and I was a mess. The next day I called him and he sounded like he had his mouth stuffed with cotton. Then he said, "I can't talk". I was like whaaaattttt!!!!!? OMG!!! OMG!!! He has scoprion poisoning!!!

And then he mumbled like Don Corleone in the Godfather, "I'm at the dentist." :lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone ever curried pork?? :unsure: I need suggestions for dinner.

Never heard of curry port, but technically curry is just a seasoning and and can go on anything, let me know if you try it and how it taste, I love experimenting in the kitchen

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL @ Eliz

I'll have to go to the dollar store and get some super glue...

Ya'll makin me hungry with the menus and recipes

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Dee - congrats your job around the track. I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks :whistle:

Kim - I hope Duane feels better soon :luv:

Ann Taylor - the Caribbean parade and carnival will be June 24-25 on Georgia Avenue. I think Anthony will enjoy it. Let me know if you come up.

Timeline

I am sorry to hear of your boo feeling not well, I know how it feels when your fiance is hurt or not feeling well and you are so far away u cant comfort them. Can u send someone you trust to check on him or tend to him

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Good afternoon everyone!

USCIS is like a man - they are waiting for you to put on something sexy and play hard to get! Be like Mindy glue down de place and watch them come touch you up! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Funny..... :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.