aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good morning VJ!! :D

We had a great weekend. A lot of wedding planning stuff, we hired our coordinator and found our ceremony site!! Poor Squito tho, he caught a cold yesterday so he's at home right now very miserable. Before I left for work, I left him 3 tangerines, one glass of sunny delight, and several vitamin c drops on the night stand. This is his first US cold. The poor guy SWEARS he's got the flu....

I need to finish our aos paperwork and get it in themail by the end of the week. Wish me luck! Our expire date is March 4th :whistle:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning VJ!! :D

We had a great weekend. A lot of wedding planning stuff, we hired our coordinator and found our ceremony site!! Poor Squito tho, he caught a cold yesterday so he's at home right now very miserable. Before I left for work, I left him 3 tangerines, one glass of sunny delight, and several vitamin c drops on the night stand. This is his first US cold. The poor guy SWEARS he's got the flu....

I need to finish our aos paperwork and get it in themail by the end of the week. Wish me luck! Our expire date is March 4th :whistle:

You'd better get to moving on that paperwork!!! What are your wedding colors?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all (L) ,

sorry I have not been as active lately, I have been trying to do schoold for the longest and it is getting harder by the minute.

How is everyone?

Congratulations to all you newly weds. Isn't it a great feeling?

I am back to work and finishing my HW.

Bye all

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I'm still trying to find someone to volunteer to do mine..... :whistle::P

Hope Mr. Squitto feels better soon. First US cold...poor baby (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Ok, well, we get to go pick up my hubby in a couple of hours. I am excited to see him and so glad he is ok, even tho I am super duper irritated with him.

Rhonda, I got more of the story yesterday. He used the LAST of the money to pay for the overweight for his relatives stuff as opposed to the stuff he wanted to bring home, so nothing $$ left for his overweight stuff. I think that overweight payment is bullcrap, it says 70 lbs and I am going to write the airline. I would think a refund would be in order but who knows if they will respond. Anyhow, about the nice dress clothes, my sister had specifically bought him two dress shirts and nice pants to wear for our wedding and for our present, and I THINK that is what he is saying he gave away. I know his relatives are in a bad way, but you DONT give away something someone bought you! If so, I am going be nine kinds of pissed, as I never even got to see him in the shirt and its one I specifically picked out.

I am soooo tired this morning, I was up most of the night being alternatively irritated as hell and glad he is coming home! Anyone else ever feel this way??? Am I crazy? :huh:

Anyhow, doctor apptmt tomorrow, honey is feeling crappy, then I have him signed up for Basic Education classes with orientation the next day, then our interview on Friday next. Wow, lots of stuff. I hope he is up for it, cuz he is feeling yuck, not sure if its due to the weather change or if the meds he is taking are getting to him.

Off to go get him, boy Mom is gonna flip when she finds out he doesnt have that computer....wish me luck...er...HIM luck. :lol:

Thanks all for letting me vent, hugs to all.

Safe travelling for all you upcoming travels, everyone and hope Mr. Squitto feels better soon.

And about travelling with a relative (Mom or whomever) that aggravates, always thing how MUCH you would miss that irritation if it werent around. Since I have lost several people in my life, I try to change my perspective to look at the behavior that irks me and think, Wow, I sure would miss this if it were gone. I even learned to appreciate my sisters snoring this way! :lol: Its ALL a matter of perspective.

So I am TRYING to look at Lake's giving away the farm this way.....uh huh, ......come on Jill, you CAN do it...if only we had a few extra farms to give away... :whistle:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Where is everyone? It is way too dead in here lately :(

Good morning, Rhonda. I've been sitting back a little since I'm not so sure what's going to happen with me and my fiance.

Are you all ready for your trip? I noticed that you had long ago started the official countdown. :dance:

Lee

Spirit Airlines (spiritair.com) has the $9 fare special again. The dates are very limited and so is the cities. I got this special back in December when I visited Jamaica. After all those darn taxes and fees, it came to $104. That was still a deal.

I'm not sure how many of you are in my area but it would apply to me again as I would fly out of Fort Lauderdale. I had been thinking about a visit so this just might convince me to go. We'll see. The special goes through Sunday, I believe. It even has Punta Cana for $9 each way out of Fort Lauderdale.

Lee

Yeah, I heard about the $9 special today. Unfortunately, I can never use them since they are only out of certain cities :angry: And they're never out of Detroit! I want to move to Florida one of these days. It's nice and warm and it would be cheaper and quicker to fly to Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbean. If I were you, I would go for it though. You can't beat that price, even with the taxes :no:

Also, feel free to come on here and chat with us regardless of the situation with your fiance. We don't judge :innocent: Good luck to you with whatever you do decide to do.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

:bonk:

Yeah, I heard about the $9 special today. Unfortunately, I can never use them since they are only out of certain cities :angry: And they're never out of Detroit! I want to move to Florida one of these days. It's nice and warm and it would be cheaper and quicker to fly to Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbean. If I were you, I would go for it though. You can't beat that price, even with the taxes :no:

Also, feel free to come on here and chat with us regardless of the situation with your fiance. We don't judge :innocent: Good luck to you with whatever you do decide to do.

Call me lazy but I just remembered that I didn't apply for a passport yet. When I went to Jamaica in December, only a birth certificate and government (US) i.d. was necessary. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks, Rhonda. I will surely pop in and become more active irregardless of what happens with the relationship.

Lee

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

You are still okay to go to JA on a Certified Birth Certificate. They changed the rules but moved the date back -- I think it is some time in 2007 (but don't quote me.)

If you are going to go through with all this "#######" :P having a Passport helps when it comes to the "proving" part of the relationship. Be sure to keep all your boarding passes and ticket info!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The wedding is on for Saturday. Having it at Lacota United Methodist Church (where I was baptised years ago) and we are meeting with the officiant today at 3pm. So Tashi wins ....he got the church wedding that he wanted LOL. I will post more later just wanted to check in and leave an update.

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

That's GREAT Rita. Congratulations on finally having set plans.....that must feel really good!! :energetic:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
The wedding is on for Saturday. Having it at Lacota United Methodist Church (where I was baptised years ago) and we are meeting with the officiant today at 3pm. So Tashi wins ....he got the church wedding that he wanted LOL. I will post more later just wanted to check in and leave an update.

I am so excited for you and hope you have a beautiful ceremony. (L)(L)(L)

Lee

You are still okay to go to JA on a Certified Birth Certificate. They changed the rules but moved the date back -- I think it is some time in 2007 (but don't quote me.)

If you are going to go through with all this "#######" :P having a Passport helps when it comes to the "proving" part of the relationship. Be sure to keep all your boarding passes and ticket info!

Thanks, Mindy. I guess I'd better not put this passport off any longer.

Lee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. Things have been so crazy! Anyway go to yahoo to read about our wedding report.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: Congrats. I'm glad everything worked out.

Loved your story Jonesie.

Lee - don't worry I don't have a passport either. It's extremely sad because I work for the State Dept and have to go to the passport headquarters monthly for meetings. Maybe next time, I'll put in my application :bonk:

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: Timeline

It's certainly expected that as old journeys are completed and new ones are started that some will leave and some will come in. It is noted that some have been conspicuously absent of late and we miss you. We hope you're doing well, and if not, there's support here for you too. Things may not be as they were before but your input was and is still invaluable for those of us who are trying to determine if we can survive this crazy process, those in the midst of the process and new ones to come. I invite you to come back and join us, even if it's just to pop in and say hello, since we know that many lead busy lives; afterall that's what friends are for. Please don't forget the ties that bind us.

Michele (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.