aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol:

Well.....It is so nice to hear that all of you once felt EXACTLY how I am feeling right at this very moment. The damn digicel network......the phone cards that drop calls......the longing to just get one kiss or one hug!!! The VERY lonely, cold, sad nights in a bed all by myself... :(

So......I know that all relationships go through ups and downs and I just can't wait to come home to my "hardhead" cooking in his boxers!!!

Stay strong and cherish the every moment (good or bad) that you get to spend with your sweetheart. I can't hardly wait for that day!!!

I hear you! Hang in there! He will be here soon. The stress of the separation is really something! My aunt flo still has not fully regulated herself back to normal...she went :jest: from all the stress of this immigration process and the separation and all the haters that kept saying I'd have to move to JA cause a denial was certain. :angry:

PS Does Duane have chicken legs like Henry that will stick out of those boxers!!??? :lol::whistle:

Congratulations on getting your AOS done. Now come the waiting. I pray that CSC handles your case.

tanks, missis!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm back....but I had to catch up on my travel business stuff. Sorry about the delay...

All in all my trip was GREAT, exhausting.....but.....except for my Embassy experience !! Here it goes...

We stayed the night at the Hilton (awesome place), right around the corner (short walking distance) from the Embassy. We got there at 6:30am, there was about 40 or so people already in line. We got in about 7:30am. Dropped off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. She (not so nice) asked Craig if he'd ever been to the states.....No.....who was his fiancee.....my name. Asked why we had 2 I-134's, but kept both. Gave back all but 2004 & 2005 tax stuff. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9 ....HE was BIGGEST a&&hole EVER !!!!!! He asked Craig to sign the forms, but we had forgotten to bring a pen. We asked NICELY if we could borrow a pen, he literally THREW down his headset and HUFFED and puffed away. He RELUCTANTLY let us BORROW a flippin pen. He asked Craig about 4x whether he'd been to the states. Asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law, stopped by the police or had a criminal record. Craig answered that he had been in a car years ago, but nothing ever happened to him. Then he fingerprinted him.

He proceeded to look at our OLD paperwork, meticulously looked through our pictures --which were about 10 pages long. I asked him if he would like some additional pictures, letters, phone records, etc.....NEVER looked at me and said, that wouldn't be necessary. Then he asked Craig, to go sit down and he was going to talk WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy, I'm tellin ya, was the most UNPLEASANT and sarcastic person. He gave me an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely hard time about our age difference, asked if "I" thought there would be that passion and romance once he got to the states, like it was on the "beaches of Negril". I nicely reminded him that I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 yrs and that I've been back several times since I met Craig in November of 2004. He gave me an extreeeeeeemely hard time about my income. I make WELL over the poverty limits, but he was looking at the paperwork TOTALLY incorrectly and I politely pointed that out to him. When you have your own business, you file differently than any personal income. That's why I had everything stapled together with a BRIGHT pink sticky note, stating the difference. Even making almost $27,000 (not including my child support and my part-time job) in 2004 was NOT "good enough" in his eyes. He never ever looked at my employment letters or child support statement proving the extra income. Never looked at the I-134, just kept going over and over and over again about the 2004 & 2005 income tax info ---which, in fact is OVER the "poverty level" !!!

Craig's medical still wasn't back from Andrews, so he gave us that Blue form....221 ? whatever it is. I asked him could we go by the Hospital and pick it up and bring it back, he said ...sure, but you can come back on Tuesday or Thursday, but NOT today !!!!! I asked him if he wanted to speak with Mr. V and he said, no and I thanked him and he said Good Luck. We were never "sworn in" either?? ya know raise your right hand....

So, we went over to the Hospital and they said it was already sent over to the Embassy. It's been a TOTAL runaround, god only KNOWS where the medical ####### is.

That's where we are.....I guess that means approved, pending the medical?? If I wasn't there, he would have totally denied Craig !!!!!

Now if anyone has to go to Window 10.......American chic was WAY WORSE than Window 9 guy. She was soooooo rude to the lady that was being interviewed next to us. I felt sooooooo sorry for her !!!

Saga still continues....till ????

Congrats to those and I'm sorry to hear about the loses as well.

Kelly

Good morning Ladies,

Kelly congrats on your approval- sorry to hear that it was so negative. I can just imagine what we ( the ones to go for interview later) will go through. These people in the embassy have their strings tied too tight.

Ditto Kelly. Did he get his visa yet?

Filed: Other Timeline

:lol:

Well.....It is so nice to hear that all of you once felt EXACTLY how I am feeling right at this very moment. The damn digicel network......the phone cards that drop calls......the longing to just get one kiss or one hug!!! The VERY lonely, cold, sad nights in a bed all by myself... :(

So......I know that all relationships go through ups and downs and I just can't wait to come home to my "hardhead" cooking in his boxers!!!

Stay strong and cherish the every moment (good or bad) that you get to spend with your sweetheart. I can't hardly wait for that day!!!

I hear you! Hang in there! He will be here soon. The stress of the separation is really something! My aunt flo still has not fully regulated herself back to normal...she went :jest: from all the stress of this immigration process and the separation and all the haters that kept saying I'd have to move to JA cause a denial was certain. :angry:

PS Does Duane have chicken legs like Henry that will stick out of those boxers!!??? :lol::whistle:

Oh my!!! :lol::lol: Try jockey underwear.....can't :lol: hold much in thoses :lol::thumbs::devil:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone......

Kelly....aahh i think i would be having heart problems if that happend to me or start to cry... :lol::lol:

well back from jersey....had a interseting time visiting the kids grandparents... :lol::lol:

no news yet on the rescheduled interview....beging to freak out..... :(

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have finally given up on trying to catch up. Every time I try, something happens and I get even further behind. So to everyone who has had good fortune, congrats and to everyone who has not been so lucky in whatever is going on in their lives, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Everything with Trevor and I are okay. The LDR seems to bothering him more so than me. Well I guess I really can't say that, I think I just handle it better. I finally got the NOA1 on the I129F, but have not heard anything since. Well I am going back to read a few pages and I mean a few. If I ask questions that have previously been addressed please forgive an old lady. :unsure:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
Hello everyone,

I have finally given up on trying to catch up. Every time I try, something happens and I get even further behind. So to everyone who has had good fortune, congrats and to everyone who has not been so lucky in whatever is going on in their lives, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Everything with Trevor and I are okay. The LDR seems to bothering him more so than me. Well I guess I really can't say that, I think I just handle it better. I finally got the NOA1 on the I129F, but have not heard anything since. Well I am going back to read a few pages and I mean a few. If I ask questions that have previously been addressed please forgive an old lady. :unsure:

Hey Dru,

Good to see you!! Don't worry your case will start galloping soon! :yes: I am glad to hear all is well with you and Trevor and you are coping. Be well!! (F)

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel the same way but his cellphone always works and I can get a hold of him now since he has 2. It use to be worse 3 years ago but I think now he understands for this to work we need to talk about everyday for at least two minutes. I can't wait to see him here with me though and see him everyday and know that he is safe. I can't wait to start the paper work trail in August and only 9 months to go. But it is good to see everyone was the same missing there loved one so far away. Take Care

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I feel the same way but his cellphone always works and I can get a hold of him now since he has 2. It use to be worse 3 years ago but I think now he understands for this to work we need to talk about everyday for at least two minutes. I can't wait to see him here with me though and see him everyday and know that he is safe. I can't wait to start the paper work trail in August and only 9 months to go. But it is good to see everyone was the same missing there loved one so far away. Take Care

Jax-

Once a day for two minutes.....ARGH!!!! :no::no: How do you do it? Duane and I talk all day long........ about every 3-4 hours everyday......It is just tooooo hard and we miss hearing each others voice.

The process will hopefully be over in the next month... :whistle::whistle:

Elizabeth-No chicken legs over here but......... he is having twins........ :D:D dat belly da size a watamelon!!! :P

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
Elizabeth-No chicken legs over here but......... he is having twins........ :D:D dat belly da size a watamelon!!! :P

:lol: We tease my formerly reed-thin brother that he is having triplets - we call them Faith Hope and Charity! :lol::whistle:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Timeline

:lol: We tease my formerly reed-thin brother that he is having triplets - we call them Faith Hope and Charity! :lol::whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

Have not named Duane's twins yet........ :lol:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

You guys make me feel so much better. :lol:

Actually, sometimes I dont understand what ALL the drama is about. After I finally got fed up, and was crying and ranting...he kept telling me "I didnt mean it, I was just talkin is all, I didnt mean it..." cuz I was really thinking he might just walk out the door and do something stupid. So he told me..."Its just that I dont like problems!"....well GEEZ hon, welcome to LIFE!!! I told him..."What ya think, I look up and tell God, give me a problem today, God, cuz I think I need one???"... :lol::lol:

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

And actually for the most part, we get along very well and he is usually sooooo calm bout things, it just takes me aback when he goes off the deep end, very surprising to me.

I dont know that it was an argument so much, as that he was really stressing me out. I was doing my best to think, Ok, we'll get this worked out..no prob...it just happened on a Sat nite, and there is NOTHING open around here (even in Lincoln) on the weekend as far as fixing cars, so wasnt much we could do. So yea, over reacting, wonder what that is all about? Perhaps, its becuz its something that he FEELS like he SHOULD be the man about, and just doesnt know how to deal with things in this country like he would back home, and it makes him feel helpless and emasculated. Yea, that must be it.... :lol:

And yes, he is very stressed cuz he feels like he needs to be working. So I am sure that plays into it.

Thanks for all your lil stories. Makes me smile. :)

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Good morning (F)

Tomorrow is Julie & Michael (Sbys) AOS interview. Please everyone, send them your best wishes for a speedy and easy interview. :dancing:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
Good morning (F)

Tomorrow is Julie & Michael (Sbys) AOS interview. Please everyone, send them your best wishes for a speedy and easy interview. :dancing:

Good luck Julie and Michael :yes: You both will be in my prayers. I mean it's not like they can deny you, you're walking up in their with your big belly :lol::lol:

Good morning everyone ;)

I mean it's not like they can deny you, you're walking up in their with your big belly :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.