aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tenika,

The silica drops I had tasted like lemon, so when I put it in my water just tasted like I squeezed in some lemon juice. I got the silica from the Vitamin Shoppe (in a white bottle, with brownish letters...but you may find cheaper brands).

I didn't know about a trichologist either until I worked at a salon. My stylist is studying to be one now and she can grow anyone's hair. Hers fell out in the middle (bald spot about the size of a 1oz round meat patty) and there was absolutely no hair growth...smooth as a baby's behind. Now it's grown back. She is wonderful and I recommend her to anyone coming to the Bay Area who needs their hair done.

Thanks for the tips. I'm also going natural but my hair is thinning out.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey ladies :luv:

Just caught up on everything. Wow! You gals are making my head spin with all this talk about creaming, perming, relaxer, weaves, braids, going natural, etc. :wacko::lol: Us white women don't understand all this lingo :P I know what a perm is though I've never heard it called "creaming". I used to get perms when I was younger to give my hair some curl - it's naturally very straight.

As for reggae music, I like so many different artists: Bob Marley, Sanchez, Elephant Man, Sean Paul, Beanie Man, ..... I'll have to ask Tony who his favorite is. I don't don't if he has just ONE favorite :no:

BabyJules - congrats on the new baby boy :dance: Glad you stopped in to say hello!

Everybody else: Where on earth has Jamie been? :unsure:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies been trying to get caught up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I am sorry to be late but congratulations on the appointment date :dance: .

I am a creamer myself, but currently wearing my hair in braids.

Babyjules congrats onthe baby boy

Sorry if i missed anyone, I am gonna go and finish reading.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey ladies :luv:

Just caught up on everything. Wow! You gals are making my head spin with all this talk about creaming, perming, relaxer, weaves, braids, going natural, etc. :wacko::lol: Us white women don't understand all this lingo :P I know what a perm is though I've never heard it called "creaming". I used to get perms when I was younger to give my hair some curl - it's naturally very straight.

As for reggae music, I like so many different artists: Bob Marley, Sanchez, Elephant Man, Sean Paul, Beanie Man, ..... I'll have to ask Tony who his favorite is. I don't don't if he has just ONE favorite :no:

BabyJules - congrats on the new baby boy :dance: Glad you stopped in to say hello!

Everybody else: Where on earth has Jamie been? :unsure:

Kelly and Eric are :huh: missing in action.

Jamie and Myisha are done ;)

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline

See that's the difference, white woman perm for curl and volume. Black woman perm for straightness and to get rid of the bdb's :lol::lol::lol:;) Same name, different process...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Juliana congrats on your baby boy :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I'm back....but I had to catch up on my travel business stuff. Sorry about the delay...

All in all my trip was GREAT, exhausting.....but.....except for my Embassy experience !! Here it goes...

We stayed the night at the Hilton (awesome place), right around the corner (short walking distance) from the Embassy. We got there at 6:30am, there was about 40 or so people already in line. We got in about 7:30am. Dropped off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. She (not so nice) asked Craig if he'd ever been to the states.....No.....who was his fiancee.....my name. Asked why we had 2 I-134's, but kept both. Gave back all but 2004 & 2005 tax stuff. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9 ....HE was BIGGEST a&&hole EVER !!!!!! He asked Craig to sign the forms, but we had forgotten to bring a pen. We asked NICELY if we could borrow a pen, he literally THREW down his headset and HUFFED and puffed away. He RELUCTANTLY let us BORROW a flippin pen. He asked Craig about 4x whether he'd been to the states. Asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law, stopped by the police or had a criminal record. Craig answered that he had been in a car years ago, but nothing ever happened to him. Then he fingerprinted him.

He proceeded to look at our OLD paperwork, meticulously looked through our pictures --which were about 10 pages long. I asked him if he would like some additional pictures, letters, phone records, etc.....NEVER looked at me and said, that wouldn't be necessary. Then he asked Craig, to go sit down and he was going to talk WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy, I'm tellin ya, was the most UNPLEASANT and sarcastic person. He gave me an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely hard time about our age difference, asked if "I" thought there would be that passion and romance once he got to the states, like it was on the "beaches of Negril". I nicely reminded him that I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 yrs and that I've been back several times since I met Craig in November of 2004. He gave me an extreeeeeeemely hard time about my income. I make WELL over the poverty limits, but he was looking at the paperwork TOTALLY incorrectly and I politely pointed that out to him. When you have your own business, you file differently than any personal income. That's why I had everything stapled together with a BRIGHT pink sticky note, stating the difference. Even making almost $27,000 (not including my child support and my part-time job) in 2004 was NOT "good enough" in his eyes. He never ever looked at my employment letters or child support statement proving the extra income. Never looked at the I-134, just kept going over and over and over again about the 2004 & 2005 income tax info ---which, in fact is OVER the "poverty level" !!!

Craig's medical still wasn't back from Andrews, so he gave us that Blue form....221 ? whatever it is. I asked him could we go by the Hospital and pick it up and bring it back, he said ...sure, but you can come back on Tuesday or Thursday, but NOT today !!!!! I asked him if he wanted to speak with Mr. V and he said, no and I thanked him and he said Good Luck. We were never "sworn in" either?? ya know raise your right hand....

So, we went over to the Hospital and they said it was already sent over to the Embassy. It's been a TOTAL runaround, god only KNOWS where the medical ####### is.

That's where we are.....I guess that means approved, pending the medical?? If I wasn't there, he would have totally denied Craig !!!!!

Now if anyone has to go to Window 10.......American chic was WAY WORSE than Window 9 guy. She was soooooo rude to the lady that was being interviewed next to us. I felt sooooooo sorry for her !!!

Saga still continues....till ????

Congrats to those and I'm sorry to hear about the loses as well.

Kelly

I'm back....but I had to catch up on my travel business stuff. Sorry about the delay...

All in all my trip was GREAT, exhausting.....but.....except for my Embassy experience !! Here it goes...

We stayed the night at the Hilton (awesome place), right around the corner (short walking distance) from the Embassy. We got there at 6:30am, there was about 40 or so people already in line. We got in about 7:30am. Dropped off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. She (not so nice) asked Craig if he'd ever been to the states.....No.....who was his fiancee.....my name. Asked why we had 2 I-134's, but kept both. Gave back all but 2004 & 2005 tax stuff. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9 ....HE was BIGGEST a&&hole EVER !!!!!! He asked Craig to sign the forms, but we had forgotten to bring a pen. We asked NICELY if we could borrow a pen, he literally THREW down his headset and HUFFED and puffed away. He RELUCTANTLY let us BORROW a flippin pen. He asked Craig about 4x whether he'd been to the states. Asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law, stopped by the police or had a criminal record. Craig answered that he had been in a car years ago, but nothing ever happened to him. Then he fingerprinted him.

He proceeded to look at our OLD paperwork, meticulously looked through our pictures --which were about 10 pages long. I asked him if he would like some additional pictures, letters, phone records, etc.....NEVER looked at me and said, that wouldn't be necessary. Then he asked Craig, to go sit down and he was going to talk WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy, I'm tellin ya, was the most UNPLEASANT and sarcastic person. He gave me an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely hard time about our age difference, asked if "I" thought there would be that passion and romance once he got to the states, like it was on the "beaches of Negril". I nicely reminded him that I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 yrs and that I've been back several times since I met Craig in November of 2004. He gave me an extreeeeeeemely hard time about my income. I make WELL over the poverty limits, but he was looking at the paperwork TOTALLY incorrectly and I politely pointed that out to him. When you have your own business, you file differently than any personal income. That's why I had everything stapled together with a BRIGHT pink sticky note, stating the difference. Even making almost $27,000 (not including my child support and my part-time job) in 2004 was NOT "good enough" in his eyes. He never ever looked at my employment letters or child support statement proving the extra income. Never looked at the I-134, just kept going over and over and over again about the 2004 & 2005 income tax info ---which, in fact is OVER the "poverty level" !!!

Craig's medical still wasn't back from Andrews, so he gave us that Blue form....221 ? whatever it is. I asked him could we go by the Hospital and pick it up and bring it back, he said ...sure, but you can come back on Tuesday or Thursday, but NOT today !!!!! I asked him if he wanted to speak with Mr. V and he said, no and I thanked him and he said Good Luck. We were never "sworn in" either?? ya know raise your right hand....

So, we went over to the Hospital and they said it was already sent over to the Embassy. It's been a TOTAL runaround, god only KNOWS where the medical ####### is.

That's where we are.....I guess that means approved, pending the medical?? If I wasn't there, he would have totally denied Craig !!!!!

Now if anyone has to go to Window 10.......American chic was WAY WORSE than Window 9 guy. She was soooooo rude to the lady that was being interviewed next to us. I felt sooooooo sorry for her !!!

Saga still continues....till ????

Congrats to those and I'm sorry to hear about the loses as well.

Kelly

I'm sorry Kelly..What a complete ####### !!!!!!:angry: Why was he putting so much emphasis on what you made two years ago....These morons have no friggin sense!!!!! I think they take their jobs way to seriously. :angry: So when will he go back???

Kelly -- Congratulations on being approved(?) Yeah, you are approved :dance:

Sorry you had such a hard time....they can be real jerks! This will really help those who are coming after you.

So, when is Craig coming? I know, pending the medical showing up but do you guys have any plans?

P.S. I love (and miss) the Hilton

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Later Everyone have a good day....I havta to get some work done.. I have been so lazy sense he arrived. I used to work hella over time :( , now I hate working :( I have to beef it up I we plan to go on vacation the end of next month :crying:

My sweetie asked me last night If I thought his daughter would always love him same way :lol::blush: He misses her. I wish things were different :blush: I plan to surprise him with a trip when he gets his greencard. I have been having weard immiragtion dreams. :unsure: I hope everyting will be alright.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
FOR ALL YOU BLACK SISTAHS OUT THERE.. YOU GOTTA SYMPATHIZE.. my boo asked me to go NATURAL , :huh::huh: We had an hour long arguement. :angry: I was lke you must be out YO MIND :wacko: , I was like maybe by the time I get 95 , if Jesus dont come by then, Ill go NATURAL . He's like since I been in Jamaica, I been preaching about ministers wife who creame (perm) there hair, now it is unfortunate God has to pick a wife for me who creme her hair. To make a loooong story short, I said honey u should ah told me that from before or you should have neva approached me with my permed here. He said he will just have to cope with it, but he still praying that I will change.. he gonna be prayin for a looonng time :rolleyes:

Another NAPTURAL SISTAH checking in! :thumbs: My hair has NEVER been so healthy.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FOR ALL YOU BLACK SISTAHS OUT THERE.. YOU GOTTA SYMPATHIZE.. my boo asked me to go NATURAL , :huh::huh: We had an hour long arguement. :angry: I was lke you must be out YO MIND :wacko: , I was like maybe by the time I get 95 , if Jesus dont come by then, Ill go NATURAL . He's like since I been in Jamaica, I been preaching about ministers wife who creame (perm) there hair, now it is unfortunate God has to pick a wife for me who creme her hair. To make a loooong story short, I said honey u should ah told me that from before or you should have neva approached me with my permed here. He said he will just have to cope with it, but he still praying that I will change.. he gonna be prayin for a looonng time :rolleyes:

Another NAPTURAL SISTAH checking in! :thumbs: My hair has NEVER been so healthy.

Lee

Good morning. I wanna be Naptural :yes:

Kelly - sorry about the Embassy drama. Craig will be here soon (L)

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
Kelly -- Congratulations on being approved(?) Yeah, you are approved :dance:

Sorry you had such a hard time....they can be real jerks! This will really help those who are coming after you.

So, when is Craig coming? I know, pending the medical showing up but do you guys have any plans?

P.S. I love (and miss) the Hilton

Well, he was going to go today...who knows, it's exhausting the trek back and forth. It's anywhere from 4 to 5 hours (each way) and that doesn't include the wait for the bus to fill up from where he lives to Kingston. He said, he'll try to make it Thursday. Trying to get an answer as to WHERE the paperwork is, is like pulling teeth. He's afraid that if he goes alllllllllllll the way there, that they'll say....it's not here, but you have to go there and find out.... he's as frustrated as I am at this point.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

Congratulations to BabyJules on your bouncing baby boy :dance::dance: - "our baby has a baby" :lol:

Kelly - so sorry about the runaround at the embassy! Now where are Tenika and Kim when we need someone to say f***rey! Anyway, I know it will work out in the end. You and Craig hang in there. (F)

Last night we booked Henry's flight to JA -- a wedding. I cant go with him. :crying::crying: I am so jealous!!!! :crying:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.