aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello Ladies! It's pretty quiet in here right now. I hope everyone's weeknd was nice. We just got back today from visiting my parents. The boys had a ball.

Ricardo bought me a new car on saturday! It is a really nice mini van( i thought i would never buy one but ours is really cute!) We needed a new car because we need the 3 rows cuz I can't fit 3 car seats in 1 row! It's so special because this is his first car that he has ever financed and he did it all on his own. It''s all his credit and without a cosigner. FRom here on the skies the limit!

:thumbs: Congrats!

:D HELLO everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and I hope everyone is doing great!!! I am doing OK, I was suppose to go back to work today and work some overtime but they called and canceled it, so I will go back to work Thurs night...I feel like I have been off of work for ever.

Adrian and I are keeping in contact but I dont think there is much of a future for us except to be friends, I think he still has hopes that we will be together again :( ...but who knows what the future holds....right now I am just doing what I can to occupy my time and getting back to work is really what I need.

Joanna,

Good to hear you're coming along okay. It's good that you and Adrian can still talk...especially when everything is so fresh.

All the best.

Lee

Glad to hear you're okay. Take care and keep in touch.

where are you moving to?

New Britain-home sweet home.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ricardoswife - congrats on the new car. That is awsome!!

jkb919 - Joanna, I am glad to hear you are doing very good.

Mr. Squitto Happy Birthday

Rohan congrats on the new job. I would ask for the day off soon as possible they should understand that is your big day.

Michelle sorry to hear the packing is not going that great. I can understand. My mom and dad are moving today and we unload the truck this Thursday. Only if my mother could threw something away it could be easier. Are you a big saver and never threw anything away? What day are u moving? Stick in there it will soon be over.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Kim what name are you going to give your new fish? Have you gals ever discussed why they have such werid nicknames for people in JA? I think some off them are so silly. I go for Ray Rey for the name :lol::P

That's a good topic - what are your man's nicknames in Jamaica?? :P Tony (aka: Anthony) has at least 3 that I can think of: Dread, Matterhorn, and Franklin :wacko: Don't ask me how they came up with them. The only one I understand is Dread because he was very bad when he was a kid and always getting in trouble. I guess it's short for dreadful? :whistle: His parents and certain family members call him Franklin. How the heck did they get that out of the name Anthony? :o

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Michelle sorry to hear the packing is not going that great. I can understand. My mom and dad are moving today and we unload the truck this Thursday. Only if my mother could threw something away it could be easier. Are you a big saver and never threw anything away? What day are u moving? Stick in there it will soon be over.

No, I'm not really a packrat. I'm just having flashbacks of my last move. I'm also the worst procrastinator there is. I have too many clothes; shoes etc and I am also unorganized :blush: . I also don't like asking anyone for help even though I have had many offers. My closing is scheduled for 6/16; but I don't have to move out until mid-July. It's just so overwhelming. :crying:

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
They were cashed on May 9th and I havent gotten a letter yet. Who would I contact? And also did your letters come in his name or your name?

It took over a week for us -- but not this long.....everything comes in his name. Do you at least have your "Receipt Numbers" from the back of the checks? Did you register on-line with the USCIS?

Yeah I see a bunch of numbers online from the checks. I assume its the 07 number that says INS blah blah. Is that the receipt number I can register with online??

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

No, I'm not really a packrat. I'm just having flashbacks of my last move. I'm also the worst procrastinator there is. I have too many clothes; shoes etc and I am also unorganized :blush: . I also don't like asking anyone for help even though I have had many offers. My closing is scheduled for 6/16; but I don't have to move out until mid-July. It's just so overwhelming. :crying:

Update: one closet cleared of shoes; packed 81 pairs so far :o ; does not include 2nd closet;

shoes at work and in car :hehe:. Going back in...

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello Ladies! It's pretty quiet in here right now. I hope everyone's weeknd was nice. We just got back today from visiting my parents. The boys had a ball.

Ricardo bought me a new car on saturday! It is a really nice mini van( i thought i would never buy one but ours is really cute!) We needed a new car because we need the 3 rows cuz I can't fit 3 car seats in 1 row! It's so special because this is his first car that he has ever financed and he did it all on his own. It''s all his credit and without a cosigner. FRom here on the skies the limit!

Congrats...Ricardo is doing the....... :thumbs: Go head wit his bad sef. :lol:

Kim what name are you going to give your new fish? Have you gals ever discussed why they have such werid nicknames for people in JA? I think some off them are so silly. I go for Ray Rey for the name :lol::P

That's a good topic - what are your man's nicknames in Jamaica?? :P Tony (aka: Anthony) has at least 3 that I can think of: Dread, Matterhorn, and Franklin :wacko: Don't ask me how they came up with them. The only one I understand is Dread because he was very bad when he was a kid and always getting in trouble. I guess it's short for dreadful? :whistle: His parents and certain family members call him Franklin. How the heck did they get that out of the name Anthony? :o

Davids has a few...He is well known as Rings :unsure: I don't know how they come up wit the names. I think I was given two or three on my first trip to JA by men who were hitting on me. Whats yah name mon....Why don't I call you......but whats wrong with my name??? :wacko::blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ricardoswife- That is SOOOO exciting to hear!!!! That is a huge success story and one that all of us can share with our Jamaican men (Husbands)...... :thumbs::thumbs:

Joanna-Really happy to hear that you are getting "somewhat" back to normal and Adrian and you are still communicating....... Stay in touch!!! (L)

Kelly-Good luck...... (F)

Michele-Keep up the packing......it will soon be overrrrrrr!! ;)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy birthday Mr. Squito ( srry it is late)

Joanna- keep looking up

Michelle good luck on your move.

Paul has a few nicknames too. In Jamaica he is Frass or pablofrass but to me he is Reds ( his complexion)

Lee where are you today??????????

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy to all others.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline
Happy birthday Mr. Squito ( srry it is late)

Joanna- keep looking up

Michelle good luck on your move.

Paul has a few nicknames too. In Jamaica he is Frass or pablofrass but to me he is Reds ( his complexion)

Lee where are you today??????????

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy to all others.

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy (F) Can you tell I'm a bit bord. :hehe:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh DAWGGGGG......I forgot....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. SQUITTO!!!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Welcome back to work everyone :P I had a good weekend. Although I would have liked to see more of my husband :crying: The only day he had off was Sunday. Yesterday I went to the beach with a friend, but at least me and Tony got to go out to dinner together last night. Then back to the grind today.

Joanna - glad to hear you're doing alright. Don't forget to check in with us from time to time :yes:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Squitto :dance:

Where has everyone been today? It's awfully quiet in here :huh:

Myisha - Congrats on the new set of wheels :thumbs: That's a great accomplishment. Tony's saving up for a truck right now. I bought him a '94 Chevy Lumina to get around in, but he wants a TRUCK :no: Men.....

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.