• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have a great weekend!!!

You too. I'm leaving for real this time....

Ms. S - try the Emerald View Resort villa. They have rooms available for those dates. Check them out. Good luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Make sure you don't get stuck in the basement of Gloriana though - it's a dungeon :yes:

:lol: You ain't lyin'. Let's scratch that off the list. These hotels aren't the greatest especially for your honeymoon.

Ms. S - if you rent a car - maybe you should stay right outside of MoBay.

You could stay up the hill a little ways past the hip strip at a mom and pop Jamaican hotel called the Verney House maybe they have rooms. Its a nice rustic place with a great view ask for the honeymoon suit if it is open. If your ambious you could hike the hill down the the hip strip and if you are really ambious hike it back up now thats a work out :lol: or you could just pay the taxi to bring you up. The Sterlings run the hotel and they are very nice. I use to stay there with Elmhurst College. Best wishes

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ENJOY THE LONG WEEKEND EVERYONE!! BE SAFE!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

The Verney house hotel is cheap and has a nice pool. You just need to tell them in advance if you are eating in. If Mrs Sterling is there she gives you a kiss on the check and she always my children. Love her to death. You can sit on the rooftop and look at the stars too.

Also best wishes to Tenika and Rohan with their upcoming wedding.

Tenika how is Rohan adjusting to life in the states?

Questions for this morning... Who's the better cook between you? What's their favorite "American" dish? What Jamaican dish is their speciality?

Thanks,

Rohan is getting along great. He says he doesnt miss Jamaica in the least bit.

Questin for the morning:

I think we are both great cooks in out own right. I can cook everything from Italian to Spanish, but not good on the Jamaican, He is a good cook but only of Jamaican food. He LOVES macaroni and cheese, he would eat off a whole box for breakfast :blink:

that is funny...mike is the same way....everytime i am in JA we get so many boxs of it..it is crazy...

Ditto thats all Dwain wants to eat when he gets here. he said he could save us money that way :lol: I made it once down there for him and he can't get enough

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Enjoy your weekend all!

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
BTW......

Packet 3 picked up and DS230 dropped off ......APPOINTMENT TIME up next....................

Congrats :D

Congratulations to Rohan on his new job!!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Gotta a question for yall...and maybe ya may need to get your Jamaican man's advice for me on this one....

Here's the deal....Kirk calls me right...so we chatting a likkle bit, just small talk, no "hot topics" right??

So then he starts talking to me about sex. So...its been a while for the girl...so I go along with it. :)

Anywho...the conversation lasted about and hour about many different things pertaining to sex. (no more details...just use your imagination.) I'm curious...where was he going with this? Why the hour long conversation about sex? And if he's got this new girl why is he still even calling me?

Would you please get your JA man's opinion on where he meet be going with this?

Dwain would tell me there are player men out there. There are player men in the USA too. Trust me I dated a few. We actual know of a guy in MoBay who thinks woman are dumb and fall for his every move. Watch out for the guy with long flowing braids in Maxi Priest.. Hmm My professor always was warning me never to date a JA guy cause I could get played because she has seen it a lot. Trust me she has been going to JA 2 to 3 times a year since 1977 and has lived there and taught. There are always the good and the evil. Like the others said just don't pick up the phone when he calls. I know it will be tough but your a strong woman. Just be careful! I wish you the best and hang in there. Thats my couple of cents..

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
The Verney house hotel is cheap and has a nice pool. You just need to tell them in advance if you are eating in. If Mrs Sterling is there she gives you a kiss on the check and she always my children. Love her to death. You can sit on the rooftop and look at the stars too.

Questions for this morning... Who's the better cook between you? What's their favorite "American" dish? What Jamaican dish is their speciality?

Thanks,

Questin for the morning:

I think we are both great cooks in out own right. I can cook everything from Italian to Spanish, but not good on the Jamaican, He is a good cook but only of Jamaican food. He LOVES macaroni and cheese, he would eat off a whole box for breakfast :blink:

that is funny...mike is the same way....everytime i am in JA we get so many boxs of it..it is crazy...

Ditto thats all Dwain wants to eat when he gets here. he said he could save us money that way :lol: I made it once down there for him and he can't get enough

mike also came up with a new meal out of mac and cheese...anyway he thinks it new...sshh don't tell him it's not...but he adds minced beef to it...and he calls it Beef Splash :blink::lol: it is actually good...sometimes if he is really crative he will had jerk seasoning...so now he thinks he is a chef :no:

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: Timeline

Thanks,

Questin for the morning:

mike also came up with a new meal out of mac and cheese...anyway he thinks it new...sshh don't tell him it's not...but he adds minced beef to it...and he calls it Beef Splash :blink::lol: it is actually good...sometimes if he is really crative he will had jerk seasoning...so now he thinks he is a chef :no:

:lol:

One time Tristan asked me what I was having for dinner. I said "a meatball grinder". For people not from Connecticut a "grinder" is what you would call a sub(marine) or hoagie or torpedo. I understand in different parts of the country a "grinder" has other connotations :hehe: . So anyways he wanted to know what meat balls were. When I told him it was ground beef he said "oh, beef balls". :o Which of course when you think of it makes sense. But I nearly died when he said that :lol::lol:

Timeline

Thanks,

Questin for the morning:

:lol:

One time Tristan asked me what I was having for dinner. I said "a meatball grinder". For people not from Connecticut a "grinder" is what you would call a sub(marine) or hoagie or torpedo. I understand in different parts of the country a "grinder" has other connotations :hehe: . So anyways he wanted to know what meat balls were. When I told him it was ground beef he said "oh, beef balls". :o Which of course when you think of it makes sense. But I nearly died when he said that :lol::lol:

That is too funny....i would have died too... :lol::lol:

Timeline

On May 15th I mailed my I129F - according to the USPS it was received on May 18, 2006 . Today I came home and found the notice in my mailbox. I am so happy it says it will take 60-180 days to get it process. I am :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

1) I am in the process of getting the I134 ( required by Jamaica)

2)

a.I am about to request the letter from my employee

b.my last three paystub-which will change based on when I send it off.

3) Request from the IRS the tax transcripts for the past 3 years.

4) Do I need to get my bank records too?- I am well above the 125% poverty level

5) I am also filling out the DS-156 and 157 ahead of time so my husband can have it .

Am I going in the right direction. I have come so far it would be hard to screw up things right know. I would hate to mess up. Can someone who have been here please tell me if I am in the right direction please?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
On May 15th I mailed my I129F - according to the USPS it was received on May 18, 2006 . Today I came home and found the notice in my mailbox. I am so happy it says it will take 60-180 days to get it process. I am :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

2)

4) Do I need to get my bank records too?- I am well above the 125% poverty level

5) I am also filling out the DS-156 and 157 ahead of time so my husband can have it .

Am I going in the right direction. I have come so far it would be hard to screw up things right know. I would hate to mess up. Can someone who have been here please tell me if I am in the right direction please?

That is great!!! :dance:

ok yes you will need a letter from your bank stating how long you have had the accounts what the balance is ect...i think it is called a account verification letter...ALSO you need to fill out the DS-230 HE NEEDS TO HAND THAT IN TO THE EMBASSY after the 129 f get forwarded to the embassy..and he can pick up packet 3..and you need to fill out the DS 156k...i would print out 2 copies of each..i forget which ones you need 2 copies of but it is better to be safe...also you need your w2's....uumm i think that is it...also don't forget to get the i-134 noterized

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline

2)

Congratulations :dancing:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.