aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Well I just got home and I am excieted to say that my parents bought me my wedding dress tonight...I know it is a little soon but I found it and really liked it...I am in a wedding next Friday and I went to this little bridal store today to see about getting my bridesmaid dress hemmed and I decided I would try on a few dresses while I was there (I have tried on several at Davids bridal but they just didnt fit very good in the chest area..too big busted I guess) but this one fit like a glove, just needs to be shortened a little...I was not going to get it this earley but my mom and dad said if i really liked it they would go ahead and get it for me....plus it was on clearance and was the only one they had at the store...it was reg. priced at $799 but was 1/2 off so only $400....GREAT DEAL.

This is every girls dream dress. I love it!

Hello all....greetings from the stranger LOL. Got my internet and cable on today so I wont be gone for long periods of time anymore...promise.

We are still planning a Feb. 25th wedding still dont know where...I guess if nothing comes up the wedding will have to be the 24th (tashi's b-day) at the court house!! The bright side is he will never forget our anniversary :P I am trying to get all the final arrangements pulled together and I will be happy when all this is behind me. I promise to have lots of pics. I still need to get the girls their dresses and my son his clothes and Tashi's shoes....all in good time LOL. Yes the 90 days will be up March 9th so it is crunch time!!

Thank you for the package Shemanya and Shi thanks you as well. He opened the curry and cooked chicken that same night!!! You need to get yahoo messenger at home so we can talk online I tried to get the house phone back on ....after being on hold with the phone company for 35 minutes then I hung up and called back and was on hold for another 25 minutes I gave up...I will try again tomorrow.

Congrats on the recent weddings....hope mine goes as nicely as all of yours. I will be online often ...drop me a line!!

Respect,

Rita

Rita, I admire your energy! You do so much and so quickly my head spins. I know you will have a beautiful wedding that you both will always remember.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Ann~~ That because I am used to being the only one doing things...if I dont do it and get it done....nobody else will do it!! Just the life of a single mother I guess. I just got back from town....Shi has his shoes...my son is all set for the wedding. I just need a dress for my oldest daughter and shoes for the youngest daughter!! I was hoping to catch Shemanya online.

Have a good night!!

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Everyone some of our photo's can be viewed at:

snapfish.com

account:djohnson20068@aol.com

password:david

Please, please, when everyone has time please go back and look at my photo's again I know it's a lot(144 in all) but I want share the photo's from the photographer with you ladies. They turn out nice!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline

OH Dee those pictures where great!!!

What a cute little chapel that was...wish we had something like that here.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dee the pics are beautiful!!

I love the dress Joanna. :thumbs:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats to Dee and Dave on their wedding...

Also congrats to the Squitto's on their wedding as well.

Rhonda, to answer your question, my hubby flies home on Sunday to New York, then Tues back to Nebraska. I dont think he would have had such a problem if he would have brought ALL his paperwork to the airline office to begin with, but who knows. He is not normally such a dunderhead, but he was a bit afraid he might get mugged or something for his passport and papers. Apparently they come very highly valued over there if you are allowed US entry. People will pay $10,000 from what he says, for a passport that has been "doctered", so they are commonly stolen. I suppose its the same in a lot of places.

I am sure missing him, I havent heard from his for 3 days now, and I wasnt able to get in contact with him much on the trip either. He is using this last opportunity to go fishing in the bush country, so he can't be reached. :( Even tho I gave him the business last time...I do miss him like crazy. By this time next week tho, he will be home and we will be stressing about the AOS interview on the 3rd of March.

Hey crazy thing, on our cruise, we sat at a table with a guy and gal that had been thru the whole process, the girl was from Venezuela and was the sweetest thing. They had been married 4 years, and she had just gotten her permenent green card. I didnt realize on a cruise that they keep the green cards, and she was just freaking about it. I would have been to. They dont keep USC passports, so why do they keep PR green cards? Crazy, I think. It took them 13 months total from time they sent in their paperwork til her AOS. When they met, they neither one spoke a work of the other's language.

Of course we met a lot of other people too, its surprising how many USC think that someone is "automatically" a citizen just becuz you marry them. Sure wished that was true to a litte more extent than it is, anyhow.

My niece hit 23 weeks exactly just yesterday (I was a little off), and one lady just had her baby today that had been on bedrest for the last 62 days, so it CAN happen. Thanks for keeping them in your prayers, its working! She is still in the hospital and looks like she will be until delivery, so we just hope she makes it another 8 weeks at least.

Stupid thing is, if her last doctor would have listened to her, she might have made it with the first one, she called him two weeks before she lost it, telling him she had a lot of swelling...I mean like swelling she was concerned with, and he blew her off and said "Welcome to pregnancy!". Turned out she had Pre-eclampsia (sp?) which means abnormal swelling of face and hands in the second trimester, which I guess usually brings on premature labor. If that stupid doctor would have taken the time to LISTEN, perhaps the first baby could have been saved. Then a whole string of things after that as well, when she DID go in to the ER, Dr. didnt do c section right away(her doc and one of the doctors even argued over this!), they tried to stop the labor, then they induced, then after 8 hours, did the c section, so its no wonder the lil one had too much trauma to survive. :( They said he was such a fighter...but had too much trauma on the brain. They really should sue that imcompetent @ss, but of course, you cant get anyone to even testify that a doctor had any wrongdoing. Needless to say, for this baby, she changed to the one that had argued for immediate c section and he is a fantastic doc with problem pregnancys.

Thanks for listening all, you guys really allow me a way to vent frustrations...

Oh and Elizabeth, havent heard from you in a bit, Henry still job hunting? Or...fingers crossed..has he found something?...we are going to have to go into serious job hunting mode after hubby gets home and we get organized. I am thinking we will probably have to resort to temp agency's to start off with. So much going on this time of year, geez, tax time, interview coming up, job hunting..as well as the family stuff, keeping it all together sometimes seems a bit much. Dont know how you gals with kids do it.

Good night all and hugs.

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Good morning all :luv: TGIF!!

It's cold and windy and yucky here in Detroit. I'm ready for Punta Cana :yes: 11 more days!

Rita, its' good to see you back. It's been so quiet in here lately. A lot of people have gone MIA :lol: Good luck with the wedding plans.

Jonesie, Today is your day :) Best wishes.

So far we have:

Feb. 14 - Squitto's and Dee & Dave

Feb. 17 - Jonesie & Drew

Feb. 25 - Rita & Tashi

Mar. 3 - Mindy & Roy

Congrats and good luck to everyone :dance: Thanks for posting pics Dee. Everyone else, we want pics of you too :yes:

Hopefully all of you will check in here today. It's been way too dead around here.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning family.

Joanna - beautiful dress.

Rita - sorry I missed you last night. I'll be around all weekend.

Jill - I'll keep your niece in my prayers and hope she goes full term. I had my daughter at 24 weeks so I know what's she going through.

Rhonda - We're counting down for our trip too....can't wait to see the beach.

Happy Friday to everyone else. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Jonesie - Best wishes on your wedding day (L)

Filed: Timeline

Goodmorning everyone,

I just woke up not much going on around here some old things. I have to work tonight and I am training this new guy :crying: ..I hate training, the only reason I do it is for more pay and to help me when it becomes promotion time....Well last night made I think the 4th night since I met Adrian that I didnt talk to him at least once throughout the day....I called him twice last night but he was still working so finally I took a sleeping pill and went to sleep around 12:30am....I woke up this morning to 3 missed calls on my cell from him OOOPPPSSS, he is not going to be happy with me :whistle: ...he gets a bit upset if I dont talk to him at night when he gets off work....OH well I was tired :blink:

Jill ~ I will be praying for your family

All the new brides and soon to be brides CONGRATS on being a MRS.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! I will be working as usual.

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Hey everyone,

Well I just got home and I am excieted to say that my parents bought me my wedding dress tonight...I know it is a little soon but I found it and really liked it...I am in a wedding next Friday and I went to this little bridal store today to see about getting my bridesmaid dress hemmed and I decided I would try on a few dresses while I was there (I have tried on several at Davids bridal but they just didnt fit very good in the chest area..too big busted I guess) but this one fit like a glove, just needs to be shortened a little...I was not going to get it this earley but my mom and dad said if i really liked it they would go ahead and get it for me....plus it was on clearance and was the only one they had at the store...it was reg. priced at $799 but was 1/2 off so only $400....GREAT DEAL.

Great dress!!!

Mine did not fit very well in the chest area :(

TGIF!!! Everyone have a great weekend.

Jonesie, Today is your day :) Best wishes.

So far we have:

Feb. 17 - Jonesie & Drew

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

snapfish.com

Please, please, when everyone has time please go back and look at my photo's again I know it's a lot(144 in all) but I want share the photo's from the photographer with you ladies. They turn out nice!

Dee, I love the new pictures especially the black & white ones :yes:

snapfish.com

Dee, I love the new pictures especially the black & white ones :yes:

Thankyou. Yes :yes: I love the ones in back and white the best.

For those of you wo ho did not get a chance to view them. I'm going to change the password email me and I will send you a link to view as a guest. I just realized that it won't work if two people are trying to view at once.

I will go ahead and send the link to the yahoo group again. Sorry to be so redundant, but I don't want to take any chance of the photo's being deleted :no:

Timeline

For those of you that commented on getting all in one as far as cable cell internet.....SBC is not available in my area. I tried to get it so I could have it all on one bill. Hope everyones Friday is going well. I am gearing up for a full weekend at work. Hopefully a week from tomorrow I will be a married woman!! I told him he has 8 days to change his mind LOL. I will holla at you all lata.

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.