aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Question:

Does your man really know how to swim or does he just play inna di wata? :lol:

We went snorkeling and the water was about 15 feet deep, if not more. I cannot swim to save my life. He claimed he could. We get out of the water and guess who had on lifevest, and wouldn't let go of the side of the boat? :whistle::lol:

Tony knows how to swim really well. I'm a fairly decent swimmer, but he is awesome :yes: He was a certified lifeguard when he lived in Jamaica and worked on the catamaran. He can stay under water so long I'm always pulling him up because I'm thinking he's drowning :(:lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

I would love to meet everyone as well but I think it will be a ways off as its really hard to get everyone together and for us airfare and all that is kinda on the back burner...at least until we get the first JA trip over with. Andre doesn't want to spend money on anything but JA tickets...I agree :yes:

I know :( I want to link up too but I know he wants to get home to see family as soon as we are able.

How do you check how many post you have posted? Where are u guys getting that info?

Click on "my controls"

Maybe we can set one date next year for a national get together, that wa y everyone has sufficient time to plan. I know right now I have no $ to travel out of the east coast.

NEED OPINIONS

Does anyone know of a wedding where people brought differnent dishes to the reception? Is this looked at as a bad practice? Heres the deal...I have no $ to cater (read post on lint and gum wrapper in purse)

but I want to have a reception still. I am sure it is not a prob to get quality cooks from my church to cook something. Not sure what to doo. dont wanna be too ghetto,WHADDA YA THINK

Have you thought about just a cake reception??Maybe a likkle wine? Just a thought.

If its fam and close friends then a potluck? Or you could do h'orsdeourves (sp?) or finger foods. I 've seen this done and it worked out nice

Too bad I just cant order pizza. You know Dominoes and those 5 buck medium pizza, a few pepsi's/ water and weddinc cake... to ghetto right?? :)

Now That nah makit atall don't do :no:

Mindy and Jonesie, Congrats on getting touched!!! :dance: You sould have your EADs soon!

I cant wait to until I send off our AOS next week so we can get touched. :PCSC dreamdust!!

Yes congrats on the touches ladies, The end soon come fa us all :yes::thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

I did not get a chance to say goodnite to those not working tomorrow, I'm off, but I'll be checking in from time to time. Have a great weekend. I don't have family close and I have to work the weekend so we won't be doing much. On Friday nite, we are going to this JA club spot. On Sat. we are going to the drive in. On Sunday we'll just chill get ready for the week. I found JA or caribbean mango's David doesn't like the big ones I usually :wacko: buy, these are real good, they cost twice was much cho :angry: He's home sick so :blush: I went all out.

Shamonya....Enjoy your trip B)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

srry to break in, but,

Can the USC request the Police Certificate from Jamaica or do they want the perosn to go in for the PC?

See these links

http://www.jamaicapolice.org.jm/index.html

HOW TO OBTAIN A POLICE RECORD - Persons living abroad:- If the person applying for the record is living abroad then he/she will need to furnish the person applying for the record on his/her behalf, with finger prints, a certificate of character from a Notary Public/Lay Magistrate, two (2) certified passport size photographs and a letter of consent authorising the application. These documents are to be taken to the new Mutual Life building at 3 Oxford Road, Kingston 5.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...r/J/Jamaica.htm

Thanks much.

I don't even wanna get my hopes up about EAD coming in mail...

It is Friday yet? I'm coming in tomorrow for half day :(

Anyone else will be logged in?

I guess I will seay see you tomorrow. I work for the worst company they never close.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on getting AOS touched Mindy and Jonesie! :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Congrats on getting AOS touched Mindy and Jonesie! :D

(((((((((((((((Nannygirl))))))))))))))))))--so sorry to hear about the cancellation

Mindy and Jonesie -touches feel great pretty soon you will both be hearing some good news.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes congrats on the touches ladies, The end soon come fa us all :yes::thumbs:

me too?? :blush:

Yes, EVEN you, little one. :yes: Remember the last shall be first. ;)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

I only have 1052 posts :crying: I'll never get 2 (L) I can't chat as much now that I'm on afternoon shift.

I finally just got caught up on all the reading - wow! After reading all your posts about how to cook rice n peas I had to call Tony and ask him if he stirred with a fork or a spoon. I never really watched that closely. Of course, he said a fork - or else you ruin the rice :lol:

Nannygirl - so sorry to hear about the delay :( Hopefully it won't take too long. Hang in there. It's like they keep making it harder and harder to get your loved ones here. And they wonder why there are so many Illegal Immigrants here? :whistle:

I have to work tomorrow (Friday) but I'm off Sat, Sun, and Monday :P Thank goodness - I've worked every Saturday for months now with the exception of Easter weekend. I need a break. Make sure you ladies chat tomorrow so I'll have something to read when I get to work ;)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

I am still asking questions b/c I am not too sure, but are the K1 the ones mostly affected by the IMBRA law. Indirectly the K3-CR1 will be affected but is the brunt of the stick being shoved at the K1er?

After reading all your posts about how to cook rice n peas I had to call Tony and ask him if he stirred with a fork or a spoon. I never really watched that closely. Of course, he said a fork - or else you ruin the rice :lol:

Mindy -- Roy, when you make rice & peas do you use a fork or spoon?

Roy -- Fork.

Mindy -- Why don't you use a spoon?

Roy -- It gets putty, putty.

I just love (L) my Jamaican!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
After reading all your posts about how to cook rice n peas I had to call Tony and ask him if he stirred with a fork or a spoon. I never really watched that closely. Of course, he said a fork - or else you ruin the rice :lol:

Mindy -- Roy, when you make rice & peas do you use a fork or spoon?

Roy -- Fork.

Mindy -- Why don't you use a spoon?

Roy -- It gets putty, putty.

I just love (L) my Jamaican!!

:lol::lol: That's right! Putty Putty!! My sis in law says "soffy Soffy" (softy softy).

Jill in Nebraska: I think Lake would say "it come like rice pap (how we say rice pudding)."

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nanny-

I am sooooo sorry to hear that you got caught in IMBRA hell!!!!!! I hope they hurry and get this fixed so you can have your appointment.......those stupid people!!!! Why couldn't they figure this out before they get you all pumped up for the appointment and then just slam the door in your face.......they must not realize how hard it is to be away from your "other half"...... I am here for you girl..... :((L):cry:

Kelly-

The big day is coming soon!!! Good luck and I am SOOOOO happy for you and Craig...Hope the appointment goes well!!!! :dancing::dancing:

Marsha-

OMG...I am soooo sorry to hear about your sad news....it sounds like you need to be strong and pray hard....I will pray for you!! :(:crying:

Joanna-

Are you out there girl????? I am thinking about you and hope that you are doing okay!!! Please check in...we miss ya... (F)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

night ladies,

Good news......I spoketo Paul he is perfect I didn't get to tell him anything we only stayed on the phone for about 2 mins :( . I am so happy I got to speak to him :dance::dance::dance::dance:

For the first time in days I can actually breathe, I havea smile on my face.

The lord works in teh wierdess ways, bu the still works. I just want to say thank you all fo ryour words of encouragements and prayers.oh prayers. thaose really work.

I am going to go to bed before I stat thinking about the immigration aspect of things.oh too late.

nightie night.

Nanny-

I am sooooo sorry to hear that you got caught in IMBRA hell!!!!!! I hope they hurry and get this fixed so you can have your appointment.......those stupid people!!!! Why couldn't they figure this out before they get you all pumped up for the appointment and then just slam the door in your face.......they must not realize how hard it is to be away from your "other half"...... I am here for you girl..... :((L):cry:

Kelly-

The big day is coming soon!!! Good luck and I am SOOOOO happy for you and Craig...Hope the appointment goes well!!!! :dancing::dancing:

Marsha-

OMG...I am soooo sorry to hear about your sad news....it sounds like you need to be strong and pray hard....I will pray for you!! :(:crying:

Joanna-

Are you out there girl????? I am thinking about you and hope that you are doing okay!!! Please check in...we miss ya... (F)

Thanks Kim, iI still will accept all offers to pray for us. Things are looking brighter but not bright enough. So thank you every prayer helps (F)(F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Name? SO's Name? Jax and Dwain

Your age? Your SO's age? 27/24

Where are you from? IL

What part of JA is your SO from? most of his life Mobay

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet?

We meet in Jan 1998 at Herbert Morrison Technical High school in Mobay when I had taken a january term course called teaching experience in Jamaica. He said I ignored him then that is so true. I went back in June for the WI band festival because I loved teaching the students. I changed my major from Music business to music education. We finally started to be friends in 1999. Then in 2000 we started dating and the rest is history.

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? We are going for the K3 since we think it is quicker

Are your pics posted on yahoo? nope someday after the wedding

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit) We will be married this year on August 8th. Its also my birthday. Dwain is a musician and I am a elmentary voacl music teacher. He loves Jamaician football andI love American Football Go Bears.. Season tickets yeah do you think he will go with me when its 8 below :lol: okay probably not!

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? You gals help me out in my time of need. Itis a great neat work were I can laugh and get support when things are down. It is wonderful to have ladies who are going through the same situation.

Okay you have read my info so get out its time to go!! "Cribs"

If its fam and close friends then a potluck? Or you could do h'orsdeourves (sp?) or finger foods. I 've seen this done and it worked out nice

Too bad I just cant order pizza. You know Dominoes and those 5 buck medium pizza, a few pepsi's/ water and weddinc cake... to ghetto right?? :)

:D I had a friend who is having all her girlfriends prepare the food for her. She is having the wedding on June 3rd. We are helping her out and one of us girls is doing cheap decorations for her. Potluck sounds great too!

For our wedding up here we are doing a pig roast and everyone bring there own dish to pass. Since we have spent all our money on the JA wedding.

Why not pizza and beer sounds good to me.. Great idea!!! :D

Nanny sorry :crying: to hear that you recieved bad news stay strong soon come

night ladies,

Good news......I spoketo Paul he is perfect I didn't get to tell him anything we only stayed on the phone for about 2 mins :( . I am so happy I got to speak to him :dance::dance::dance::dance:

For the first time in days I can actually breathe, I havea smile on my face.

The lord works in teh wierdess ways, bu the still works. I just want to say thank you all fo ryour words of encouragements and prayers.oh prayers. thaose really work.

I am going to go to bed before I stat thinking about the immigration aspect of things.oh too late.

nightie night.

I am so glad to hear that everything is alright now and he is fine. This is great news!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.