aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy :devil: ) Yeah, whatever....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay, Listen....I love all you guys very, very much. I really do. I love the fact that we all share all this stuff and you want to see what we look like....but hey, my sister hasn't even seen the pictures from my wedding. This "so called" friend of my is riding my main nerve like nobody's business!! :blink: If I EVER thought it would be this hard to get them from her I would have NEVER let her be the one taking the pictures.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your age? Your SO's age? 25/34

Where are you from? Vermont

What part of JA is your SO from? He is from Hanover, from a small place called Rejoin. It's up the hill from Hopewell.

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet? I had no connection to JA until him. We met here in the US when he was on a work visa. We spent 6 months loving and exploring each other and the relationship here and then 1.5 years of LDR. I visited 4 times to make it more bearable and spent $4000 on calling cards. Thank god we are together now and happier than I've ever been.

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status?

Filed for K1, February 2005. Filed AOS July 2005. GC in February 2006. YES!

Are your pics posted on yahoo? :yes:

Tell us a little about you: I work at an Inn, he works with a plumber. We have a small apartment and are on a hardcore savings plan. Our goal of $45,000 in savings should be obtained by March 2007. We are trying to decide where to move and when and what we both want as far as careers. Life looks so very fruitful and blessed.

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread?

Although I'm not on as much as I used to be, you guys are so much fun. I'll never forget how helpful Mindy was in the crunch time for our K1. I feel like I was the first one to go through kingston in a while last year and lots of you were watching my process. Now it's a great feast of laughter and joy to share stories and watch our lives grow. Thanks to everyone (F)

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

Unfortunately I have to go do , mi housewife duties....I won't be able to explain dutty laundry, while not having to work all day. That stupid agency keeps cancelling mi....that nah mak it atall :no:

Now that Squito's here, I can't afford to be lazy anymore. When i was alone, if I didn't feel like cooking I didn't. I was such a take-out queen. That's the one thing I miss about single life...domestic duties come along with being a wife :blush:

Guuuurrrll I never did so much laundry in my life till he got here! Cho! I feel you on those domestic duties! As soon as we start ballin we gonna hire a maid (even if we live in a studio apartment :lol:)

:lol::yes: Girl, seen :thumbs: Now...I'm the Betty Crocker Queen, I never cook (kneed so much dough fo sho) so mucn in mi life. Last week I set a world record of seven days in a row. I'm not used to this at all, we would eat out two, three times a week. Now I'm up early makin breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :wacko::blink: when you have a good mon it's all good. :thumbs: If I don't do it he'll do it and he's not about to make me look like no lazy yankie woman. :no:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since we're talking about similarities, has your husband every said any of the following:

-Don't say babies are "heavy", say they are "weighty"-- "heavy" people are dead

-Don't go into the shower right after using the iron, might tek up draff

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle:

oh and I don't know if we touched on this already, but before Squito came here he was very opposed to using the microwave. I don't know what's happened lately, but now he uses it all the time. Sometimes I look at him and just laugh :lol::lol::lol:

I have heard them except for the 3rd one, I even say them too :lol::lol: :lol:

In March wehn Paul was here I tried washing the rice once and he literally flip.oh you a go gi big mon dutty rice fi eat and ray ray ray...betta wash dat a few more times. :)

bombart :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: bout dutty rice

I guess it is related to the dutty whine :whistle:

Since we're talking about similarities, has your husband every said any of the following:

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle: _________________________________

oh and I don't know if we touched on this already, but before Squito came here he was very opposed to using the microwave. I don't know what's happened lately, but now he uses it all the time. Sometimes I look at him and just laugh :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: @ retarded baby and sex

He aint ever said those but how bout this

Babies that are real fair and red (like Red Rat) and dunce dunce babies...babies that were born when mother was on her period :huh::wacko::dead::bonk::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Squito drinks juice like it's going out of style :yes::yes::yes: I feel like i'm at the grocery store twice a week sometimes. We now cook every night (except Friday, that's take out night now) and that man doesn't seem like like leftovers much. I don't know why...

Oh mi too...now add three kids to the picture :blink:

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle: _________________________________

:lol: @ retarded baby and sex

He aint ever said those but how bout this

Babies that are real fair and red (like Red Rat) and dunce dunce babies...babies that were born when mother was on her period :huh::wacko::dead::bonk::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

FUNNY :lol::lol::lol::crying:

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You all are reading my mind! Just last night I was thinking about how when I was here alone I was the tv dinner queen...Lean cuisines all the way! :lol: Now we have to have "cook food"...which I attribute to my recent weight gain. Also I always ate out for lunch or never ate and now I have to be making him a lunch for work...and sandwiches are snacks...not "real" food...What?!?! I swear our food bill has quadrupled since he got here :o

Lemme tell you this...

A few weeks back we were chillin and D asked for a snack, so I made him a cold sandwich (as I made one for myself). No he didn't kiss his teet pon ie! I went ballistic and had a fit! He said "can you hot it" (grill it in a pan for me) and I walked away. He know how to do it - if you want "extras" and I'm done in the kitchen then do it yourself! But how is a sandwich not "real food" or a "snack" but in JA you nyam cheese patty an naah complain? Cho!

Sometime I feel like he eats like there is no tomorrow...can't wait till he start work so he can buy groceries

:lol::lol: OMG......that's what De was complianing about when he said he was living below his standard. He cannot live on breadsandwiches...I'm like whatever....I can. Cereal too. Whats the difference between a biscet and a fried duplin????HE won't eat it has too much soda???? :blink:

Domestic Goddess, I am not. :blush: Well, I Just burned the rice and peas, because I got carried away upstairs reorganizing the linen closet and ironing Henry's uniform. :crying: It's not too bad...as he says, "it kyan eat." :lol:

Squito seh put piece a bread pon it, mek it soak up di bun smell :lol::lol::lol:

(can you tell i've bunned up di rice too :lol::lol::lol: )

:crying: Mi belly weak. :lol::lol: We had rice for dinner last night hubby would not eat it infact made it over said it was too gummy...he used another word :blink: He cooked it to perfection in less than 20 min. :wacko:

Afternoon All, What are you all doing Memorial Weekend --Those that will not be in Jamaica? Are the East Coast doing anything special?

Nothing special for us :blush: as of now.

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle:

In March wehn Paul was here I tried washing the rice once and he literally flip.oh you a go gi big mon dutty rice fi eat and ray ray ray...betta wash dat a few more times. :)

bombart :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: bout dutty rice

I didn't know rice could be dirty. :blink::wacko::unsure:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Re Rice: To please a JA man, you must cook "shell rice". I have come to understand that means that the grains do not stick togther....ever. The rice is loose and if you threw it in the air it would scatter like confetti. :wacko:

Now, a chinese guy taught me to cook rice in college and he said exactly, exactly, exactly twice as much water as rice - so one cup rice equals two cups water and so on. If you use canned peas for rice and peas, they are already cooked, so they should not be factored in to the water equation, just add them. If by some wierd happenings, you test the rice and its still hard and all the water is gone add the water a table spoon at a time. And of course you know to a JA and a Trini if you stir rice with a spoon you WILL go to hell. So Christians, use a fork if you want to see Jesus. :lol:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

You better step that up if you wanna be a heart ho :yes::lol::lol:

Maybe our president Elizabeth can give us some pointers :whistle:;)

as the song says, my milshake is better than yours

I WOULD TEACH YOU BUT I MIGHT HAVE TO CHARGE!! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Dem gayl pon di board a pure mess fa true :thumbs:

Afternoon All, What are you all doing Memorial Weekend?

Wish us luck.....we are suppose to go to a barbeque on Sunday -- it's at my father's cousin's house. We (me and my parents) go every year -- they are alot of fun. The issue is.....my mother has only met Roy once, my father has never met him....and, none of the cousins have ever met him. The cousins all knew about him and were very supportive from the beginning. We'll see if we even make it there....I might chicken out beforehand.

And of course you know to a JA and a Trini if you stir rice with a spoon you WILL go to hell. So Christians, use a fork if you want to see Jesus. :lol:

Roy...is that you? Stop pretending to be Elizabeth!!! :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Re Rice: To please a JA man, you must cook "shell rice". I have come to understand that means that the grains do not stick togther....ever. The rice is loose and if you threw it in the air it would scatter like confetti. :wacko:

Now, a chinese guy taught me to cook rice in college and he said exactly, exactly, exactly twice as much water as rice - so one cup rice equals two cups water and so on. If you use canned peas for rice and peas, they are already cooked, so they should not be factored in to the water equation, just add them. If by some wierd happenings, you test the rice and its still hard and all the water is gone add the water a table spoon at a time. And of course you know to a JA and a Trini if you stir rice with a spoon you WILL go to hell. So Christians, use a fork if you want to see Jesus. :lol:

When he was recookin his pot of rice ...I went to stir it, he started yelling No don't stir it....now I know why :wacko:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah shelly rice is the best :lol::lol: , Elizabth you use cocont milk in you rice and peas?

I have always been taught that when you use a spoon in your rice it makes it all saggy ( think rice pudding) :wacko:

but then again saggy rice and curry chicken is the bomb. :thumbs::thumbs:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Roy "hovers" over his rice....like it's some sick science project. But, I gotta tell you, not quite sure what he does but we could stand next to each other (making two pots) and do the exact same thing to the rice -- mine would all be stuck together and burnt on the bottom of the pot....his, perfect ;)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

I'm was trying to catch up but you guys talk a lot. :lol: Too many pages to read right now. Anyway, just wanted to everyone to have a safe and nice weekend, I'll talk to you on guys next week.

Squitto, I'll be calling you... :thumbs:

Anna

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning Ladies! First of all let me say thank you for all your sweet and kind words! the only reason Rcardo and I are on point is because of the Lord. I tell you ladies it's good! i look around me and see other marriages falling apart and they havent had to deal with half the stuff we all have....that's the difference! I'm not gonna sound preachy but i just gonna say TRUST HIM AND LIVE FOR HIM...HE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS!!!!

Secondly I'm readin everyone's bios and I just have to laugh when i see how many of us met our men in Ja on some form of vacation or holiday...too funny

Name? SO's Name? Myisha/Ricardo

Your age? Your SO's age? (we'll understand if you don't want to share) 26( will be 27 next month)/27

Where are you from? southern cali

What part of JA is your SO from?Gayle/Lucky Hill- but you can say Ochi

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet?- 2003 on vacation with some friends from my church. He worked at the resort we were staying at( yes another Beaches love connection!) and was friends with some of my friends Ja friends( if that makes sense)

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? Well were are officially done( except for citizenship) but we filed the k-3 initially. He came to the states and then we continued with the I-130, went back for his 2nd interview in Ja ( instead of doing AOS) and he got his IR-1/permanent residency. His is unconditional so it's for 10 years, not 2

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy ) yes

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit) Well like i said I am a SAHM now. My education however is in music/performing arts. i have a BA in vocal permance, a BM in music business and a MA in Music Performance. I will teach privately again after this baby is born and I have taught as an adjunct profesor at 2 universities. Love my family, my friends, my church , and my God

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? I gues I love what it has turned into...not just a question and answer forum but a place were people get needs met that they may not get in their personal lives. People have come together from all over the country and through 1 commonality have found so many other things!

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.