aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Although I am currently not going through the visa process....I thought I would post my info too! (heck...why should I be left out because Kirk is a loser and a punk...(can you tell I hold no grudges??!?!..lol)

Name? SO's Name? Jill

Where are you from? Grew up in Park Ridge, IL and now live in Schaumburg IL (outside ChiTown)

What part of JA is your SO from? Lives in Hanover (Hopewell)

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet? I met him over 3 years ago in MoBay (doctors cave beach...stop by and say hello to him next time ya'll down there...and then smack him in the back of the head and say..."that's from Jill"...see still no grudges!!!) anyway...back to the story...while I was minding my own business and he was working...(he wouldnt leave me alone)

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? we filed the K1 in August 2004, interview April 2005...DENIED same day.

Are your pics posted on yahoo? um, yes...and they gonna stay there too! I don't give a rats butt if he's begging for me to take them down...let all the women know he's a punk!

Tell us a little about you: I'm a beautiful single mom of 2 kids. I have 5 siblings...2 sisters, 3 brothers. We're all "J's"...Jeff, Jill, Joy, Jimmy, Jessie, & Josh. I come from a crazy fun loving good strong family. Dont mess with us. :) I have a great job, terrific friends and a PITA ex-husband and now ex-boyfriend!!!

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? Ya'll don't think I'm crazy. well, some of you may think it....but you hide it so well!!! :P

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh don't get started on the juice! I dont drink juice out of the box. I juice from the juicing machine and use box juice to add a bit of liquid to my smoothie. Henry goes thru 3 boxes of Tropicana a week. :o Our grocery bill is huge, because we are mostly fresh fruit and veggies plus cassava, yam, plantain!!! Can't imagine if we had to afford meat too. :whistle:

One thing we finally agreed upon is that he does not go shopping without looking in the pantry first. For weeks I was all, "babe, we already have garlic." "Babe, there are already 4 cans of red beans in the pantry; plus a BAG of red beans." "Babe, we have dishwashing liquid under the sink."LOL

Jonesie, Henry would not eat a sandwich. I did stuff a pita with garbanzo beans and chopped onions and tomatoes and he did take a bite out of it. But he'll come around. When I would offer him a sip of my smoothie (banana, strawberry, peach, bluberry, pineapple with guava juice and ice), he would scoff. Now he makes them every day. If we run out of frozen blueberries and strawberries, he gets sad.LOL So Drew will come around.

To bad you don't live around here Elizabeth...I could so get you the hookup on fruit :yes: Here at work we process (all frozen): raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cranberries, marionberries, mango, peach, pineapple and other things on occasion. I can take it all home for free :thumbs: (in moderation of course ;) ) If shipping wasn't outrageous I could send you some :yes:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies,

I thought I would share the words of my favorite hymn with you. I wish I could sing it for you and you could hear me. I hope it helps somebody.

Day by Day

Day by day, and with each passing moment,

Strength I find to meet my trials here;

Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,

I've no cause for worry or for! fear.

He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,

Gives unto each day what He deems best,

Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,

Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,

With a special mercy for each hour;

All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,

He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.

The protection of His child and treasure

Is a charge that on Himself He laid;

"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"

This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,

So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,

That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,

Offered me within Thy holy Word.

Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,

E'er to take, as from a father's hand,

One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,

Till with Christ the Lord I stand. (Some versions the last line is Till I reach the promised land)

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
Mek me try it an see.

When the rice is nearly cooked, Henry puts the whole pot of rice in cold water - runs cold water along the sides and bottom of the pot. He said that prevents the rice from sticking to the bottom of the bottom. :blink:

Squito washes his rice like 80 times before cooking it, and when it's almost done, he puts a piece of plastic over the top of it and puts the cover back on to steam it :whistle:

Ladies,

I thought I would share the words of my favorite hymn with you. I wish I could sing it for you and you could hear me. I hope it helps somebody.

Day by Day

Till with Christ the Lord I stand. (Some versions the last line is Till I reach the promised land)

I think i'm going to pm you my number so you can sing to my voicemail :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for sharing Elizabeth (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mek me try it an see.

When the rice is nearly cooked, Henry puts the whole pot of rice in cold water - runs cold water along the sides and bottom of the pot. He said that prevents the rice from sticking to the bottom of the bottom. :blink:

Squito washes his rice like 80 times before cooking it, and when it's almost done, he puts a piece of plastic over the top of it and puts the cover back on to steam it :whistle:

Andre has to wash his rice as many times as it takes to take away the "color from the water".

When it is almost finished he uses papertowels to cover and then puts the cover back on.

I am telling you...same man ;):yes:

I think i'm going to pm you my number so you can sing to my voicemail :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Sounds like a great idea :yes:

Thanks for that Elizabeth...its lovely :wub:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To bad you don't live around here Elizabeth...I could so get you the hookup on fruit :yes: Here at work we process (all frozen): raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cranberries, marionberries, mango, peach, pineapple and other things on occasion. I can take it all home for free :thumbs: (in moderation of course ;) ) If shipping wasn't outrageous I could send you some :yes:

How about I Paypal you some $ for shipping? :lol:

(I'm serious :lol:)

Ladies,

Day by Day

Gonna print and put on my monitor :thumbs:

Drew does the same thing - or uses foil if we are outta plastic

I'm a rinser too - have to rinse the rice before I cook it. His rice is always better than mine.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mek me try it an see.

Andre has to wash his rice as many times as it takes to take away the "color from the water".

When it is almost finished he uses papertowels to cover and then puts the cover back on.

I am telling you...same man ;):yes:

:lol::lol: Sounds like a great idea :yes:

Thanks for that Elizabeth...its lovely :wub:

I am trying to take my mind off things so I am gonna add personally., I use foil paper. I have becomce so American that 1 wash is more than enough fo rme, but Ihave to use foil and if I don't have that I sue cling wrap over the rice when is is almost finish. The steam helps to finish the cooking process so it is 'shelly'.

In March wehn Paul was here I tried washing the rice once and he literally flip.oh you a go gi big mon dutty rice fi eat and ray ray ray...betta wash dat a few more times. :)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
I just chatting with Squito on the phone about the board...him seh (verbatim) we all "chat too much" :lol::lol::lol: and it "sound like some mix-up oonuh a deal wid" :lol::lol::lol:

wwaiiieeee :lol::crying::lol::lol::lol:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Since we're talking about similarities, has your husband every said any of the following:

-Don't say babies are "heavy", say they are "weighty"-- "heavy" people are dead

-Don't go into the shower right after using the iron, might tek up draff

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle:

oh and I don't know if we touched on this already, but before Squito came here he was very opposed to using the microwave. I don't know what's happened lately, but now he uses it all the time. Sometimes I look at him and just laugh :lol::lol::lol:

In March wehn Paul was here I tried washing the rice once and he literally flip.oh you a go gi big mon dutty rice fi eat and ray ray ray...betta wash dat a few more times. :)

bombart :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: bout dutty rice

Timeline
Since we're talking about similarities, has your husband every said any of the following:

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle: _________________________________

oh and I don't know if we touched on this already, but before Squito came here he was very opposed to using the microwave. I don't know what's happened lately, but now he uses it all the time. Sometimes I look at him and just laugh :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: @ retarded baby and sex

He aint ever said those but how bout this

Babies that are real fair and red (like Red Rat) and dunce dunce babies...babies that were born when mother was on her period :huh::wacko::dead::bonk::lol:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

-After I give birth, we can't have sex for a year or the baby will grow retarded :whistle: _________________________________

:lol: @ retarded baby and sex

He aint ever said those but how bout this

Babies that are real fair and red (like Red Rat) and dunce dunce babies...babies that were born when mother was on her period :huh::wacko::dead::bonk::lol:

####### :lol::lol::lol::huh:

Hey did anyone here watch the finale of Top Chef? That show is my guilty pleasure :whistle:
I HATE Tiffany. I couldn't control my laughter (Roy was sleeping and I kept waking him up) when they were showing the phone poll results with her only getting 7%.

Name? SO's Name? Mindy & Roy

Your age? Your SO's age? 43/35

Where are you from? Chicago, IL

What part of JA is your SO from? Breeze Mill in St. Catherine

What's your Connection to JA? I met Roy while staying at the Wyndham in February, 2003....he worked there.

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? K-1 filed last June, 2005. Now waiting for EAD and AOS approval.

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy :devil: ) Yeah, whatever....

Tell us a little about you: We got married on 3/3 at the scummie courthouse here...the Judge had food on his robe. It's the little things about your wedding you don't forget :lol: I work for my mother who has a court reporting business -- I run the office -- since I am the only person in the office I am a really nice boss :jest: Right now Roy is going to school taking pre-GED classes and waiting to start looking for a job.

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? All you guys....I don't think I could have made it this far without you!! (L)

they were hiding it from me but I begged the sister and she told me what went down. Paul just got in somse stuff and now things aren't looking so good. Just last week I was worried about him not getting the visa in time b/c of IMBRA. Now things are worst dang-diggity-dang.
That's just so hard, I am truly sorry.
I think we've all married the same man :lol::lol::lol:
You can say that again!! Are you sure you're not talking about Roy?? Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.