5,682 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately I have to go do , mi housewife duties....I won't be able to explain dutty laundry, while not having to work all day. That stupid agency keeps cancelling mi....that nah mak it atall :no:

Now that Squito's here, I can't afford to be lazy anymore. When i was alone, if I didn't feel like cooking I didn't. I was such a take-out queen. That's the one thing I miss about single life...domestic duties come along with being a wife :blush:

Guuuurrrll I never did so much laundry in my life till he got here! Cho! I feel you on those domestic duties! As soon as we start ballin we gonna hire a maid (even if we live in a studio apartment :lol:)

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You all are reading my mind! Just last night I was thinking about how when I was here alone I was the tv dinner queen...Lean cuisines all the way! :lol: Now we have to have "cook food"...which I attribute to my recent weight gain. Also I always ate out for lunch or never ate and now I have to be making him a lunch for work...and sandwiches are snacks...not "real" food...What?!?! I swear our food bill has quadrupled since he got here :o

A maid :) such a dream of mine :yes:

Squito drinks juice like it's going out of style :yes::yes::yes: I feel like i'm at the grocery store twice a week sometimes. We now cook every night (except Friday, that's take out night now) and that man doesn't seem like like leftovers much. I don't know why...

I only have 1341 posts :(

You better step that up if you wanna be a heart ho :yes::lol::lol:

Maybe our president Elizabeth can give us some pointers :whistle:;)

:lol::lol::lol: I have 1730...

I liked the old board better. This board stiffs you on your posts :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whoa Whoa Whoa! You all are reading my mind! Just last night I was thinking about how when I was here alone I was the tv dinner queen...Lean cuisines all the way! :lol: Now we have to have "cook food"...which I attribute to my recent weight gain. Also I always ate out for lunch or never ate and now I have to be making him a lunch for work...and sandwiches are snacks...not "real" food...What?!?! I swear our food bill has quadrupled since he got here :o

Lemme tell you this...

A few weeks back we were chillin and D asked for a snack, so I made him a cold sandwich (as I made one for myself). No he didn't kiss his teet pon ie! I went ballistic and had a fit! He said "can you hot it" (grill it in a pan for me) and I walked away. He know how to do it - if you want "extras" and I'm done in the kitchen then do it yourself! But how is a sandwich not "real food" or a "snack" but in JA you nyam cheese patty an naah complain? Cho!

Sometime I feel like he eats like there is no tomorrow...can't wait till he start work so he can buy groceries

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol::lol::lol: I have 1730...

I liked the old board better. This board stiffs you on your posts :devil:

So true! It's an outrage :ranting:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Domestic Goddess, I am not. :blush: Well, I Just burned the rice and peas, because I got carried away upstairs reorganizing the linen closet and ironing Henry's uniform. :crying: It's not too bad...as he says, "it kyan eat." :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Squito drinks juice like it's going out of style :yes::yes::yes: I feel like i'm at the grocery store twice a week sometimes. We now cook every night (except Friday, that's take out night now) and that man doesn't seem like like leftovers much. I don't know why...

So does D. He bought two gallons of fruit punch yesterday night - bet you it will be gone by Saturday. He need to be drinkin wata :lol:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Lemme tell you this...

A few weeks back we were chillin and D asked for a snack, so I made him a cold sandwich (as I made one for myself). No he didn't kiss his teet pon ie! I went ballistic and had a fit! He said "can you hot it" (grill it in a pan for me) and I walked away. He know how to do it - if you want "extras" and I'm done in the kitchen then do it yourself! But how is a sandwich not "real food" or a "snack" but in JA you nyam cheese patty an naah complain? Cho!

Sometime I feel like he eats like there is no tomorrow...can't wait till he start work so he can buy groceries

:ranting: Andre thinks anything that is cold is "dry" food and is a snack. When I packed his lunch with a sandwich, apple, pretzels, cookies and a drink he told me they were all snacks that there was no cook food in it. So i sent him leftovers the next day and he complained cause he had to eat it cold. I asked if there was a microwave at work and he said yes but he won't use it..."share with all of them...I think not!" So what am I suppose to pack?!?!?

Andre wants me to grill everything as well :no:

Timeline

So does D. He bought two gallons of fruit punch yesterday night - bet you it will be gone by Saturday. He need to be drinkin wata :lol:

Same here :yes:

Filed: Timeline
Domestic Goddess, I am not. :blush: Well, I Just burned the rice and peas, because I got carried away upstairs reorganizing the linen closet and ironing Henry's uniform. :crying: It's not too bad...as he says, "it kyan eat." :lol:

Squito seh put piece a bread pon it, mek it soak up di bun smell :lol::lol::lol:

(can you tell i've bunned up di rice too :lol::lol::lol: )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I am so out of it today, yesterday after everything a convesation I had with Lee was the only that cheered me up.

I am slowly falling ain a state of depression and I am withdrawing form everyone, but i can't help but to come here.

Maybe one of you ladies can help me out.

1) If I was to stop teh petition know, can I go back and reenter it ata later date? Say in about a year or 2.

2) Can you tell me what would cause a denial of visa ?, I tried using the USCIS and the State site but everyting was coming out in gibberish.

thanks

If I am not mistaken, after your I-130 is approved and you complete the visa bill portion (ie you pay the immigration fee - $485 or whatever), you have two years to file the I-485 (AOS) to move the case forward to Kingston. I will look for my cover letter but I believe it said that. You may want to post this question outside this thread and have somone more knowlegdgeable answer.

As for cause of visa denials, it varies, but among the reasons listed by folks on visa journey were:

1. USC not having enough money to be above required poverty level and needing a cosponsor
  2. Not showing enough evidence of having a real relationship
  3. Consular Officer not believing the couple despite evidence
  4. Testing positive for drugs or admitting to recent drug use
  5. Immigrant not being able to prove you are divorced or otherwise eligible to marry (we had one case recently where it was the embassy that informed the USC that dude was married already)
  6. Unable to clear criminal background check - not receiving a clean police report from every place you lived for more than six months
  7. Consular officer is simply in a bad mood (just kidding)

I know first hand that #4 & #5 are true! Although my case had nothing to do with #5. I am aware of someone who was denied on both.

Timeline
:ranting: Andre thinks anything that is cold is "dry" food and is a snack. When I packed his lunch with a sandwich, apple, pretzels, cookies and a drink he told me they were all snacks that there was no cook food in it. So i sent him leftovers the next day and he complained cause he had to eat it cold. I asked if there was a microwave at work and he said yes but he won't use it..."share with all of them...I think not!" So what am I suppose to pack?!?!?

Is it just me or have our strong, independent, Jamaican husbands become soft and spoiled here? :lol:

In JA when money was tight we'd make it off tin mackeral an butter rice with suga wata...now if I can't make groceries and we only have a few options for dinner, he wanna complain. Lord knows I love him but sometimes I wanna :bonk::whistle:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Squito seh put piece a bread pon it, mek it soak up di bun smell :lol::lol::lol:

We tried that in JA...naah wuk fi him :lol:

I think we've all married the same man :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

we have the same model number, just manufactured by different companies with different external appearance :lol:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh don't get started on the juice! I dont drink juice out of the box. I juice from the juicing machine and use box juice to add a bit of liquid to my smoothie. Henry goes thru 3 boxes of Tropicana a week. :o Our grocery bill is huge, because we are mostly fresh fruit and veggies plus cassava, yam, plantain!!! Can't imagine if we had to afford meat too. :whistle:

One thing we finally agreed upon is that he does not go shopping without looking in the pantry first. For weeks I was all, "babe, we already have garlic." "Babe, there are already 4 cans of red beans in the pantry; plus a BAG of red beans." "Babe, we have dishwashing liquid under the sink."LOL

Jonesie, Henry would not eat a sandwich. I did stuff a pita with garbanzo beans and chopped onions and tomatoes and he did take a bite out of it. But he'll come around. When I would offer him a sip of my smoothie (banana, strawberry, peach, bluberry, pineapple with guava juice and ice), he would scoff. Now he makes them every day. If we run out of frozen blueberries and strawberries, he gets sad.LOL So Drew will come around.

I think we've all married the same man :lol::lol::lol:

I have been sayin' it all along. I am convinced! :lol:

Is it just me or have our strong, independent, Jamaican husbands become soft and spoiled here? :lol:

In JA when money was tight we'd make it off tin mackeral an butter rice with suga wata...now if I can't make groceries and we only have a few options for dinner, he wanna complain. Lord knows I love him but sometimes I wanna :bonk::whistle:

You have to look at ShonJaved's "play post" in the Moving to America forum about men putting down the toilet seat and how we gonna keep our strong foreign men from turning into soft, panty waist American men. :yes::help:

Mek me try it an see.

When the rice is nearly cooked, Henry puts the whole pot of rice in cold water - runs cold water along the sides and bottom of the pot. He said that prevents the rice from sticking to the bottom of the bottom. :blink:

as the song says, my milshake is better than yours

I WOULD TEACH YOU BUT I MIGHT HAVE TO CHARGE!! :lol::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.