aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG, I am really going ot have to go without a husband.

That hard headed red skin s*&* head just screwed us over. I can't believe this. I just wish I could back to last week and change certain things. He is so immatureand stupid. How you gonna see sucha bright futre and mess things up because another person offended you, walk away, there is nothing to that. srry just venting........

:crying::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Is there anyway that you can go there to be with him??

Yeah would that be an option? I don't know if it was shared and I missed it somehow but what happened? Have you actually talked to him or just his sister? Sorry I am so lost :blink:

I can only ge tto his mom and sister, they were hiding it from me but I begged the sister and she told me what went down. Paul just got in somse stuff and now things aren't looking so good. Just last week I was worried about him not getting the visa in time b/c of IMBRA. Now things are worst dang-diggity-dang.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG, I am really going ot have to go without a husband.

That hard headed red skin s*&* head just screwed us over. I can't believe this. I just wish I could back to last week and change certain things. He is so immatureand stupid. How you gonna see sucha bright futre and mess things up because another person offended you, walk away, there is nothing to that. srry just venting........

:crying::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Is there anyway that you can go there to be with him??

Yeah would that be an option? I don't know if it was shared and I missed it somehow but what happened? Have you actually talked to him or just his sister? Sorry I am so lost :blink:

I can only ge tto his mom and sister, they were hiding it from me but I begged the sister and she told me what went down. Paul just got in somse stuff and now things aren't looking so good. Just last week I was worried about him not getting the visa in time b/c of IMBRA. Now things are worst dang-diggity-dang.

reall sorry to hear that!! (L) i hope everthing works out

Filed: Other Timeline

ROTFLOL til mi panti wet :lol::lol:

Woyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have to meet you in person, I swear

I'm sure you'd find me a bit boring...I don't talk much. I am a very quite person. Well I used to be. I post here...I think cause we all have someting in common. People have commented that I seem different, more lively....Its cause I'm growing a bit happier in my days and being in love wit someone who loves ya back helps also. :thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On the days when I get all stressed over this whole baby thing, I realize that I really, really want to be a mom. Before I was just afraid, but now I know for sure that I want to have a little girl.

Hang in there- it will happen when it's time. A friend of mine just found out she's pregnant after trying for 1.5 years! No drugs, no doctors, it just wasn't their time before. Yours will come soon (L)

Thanks, Julie! :luv: I needed that.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Name? SO's Name?

Shauna....Mike

Your age? Your SO's age? (we'll understand if you don't want to share)

24 23

Where are you from?

Lebanon, Pennsylvania....moving to Wilington Delaware

What part of JA is your SO from?

Oracabessa

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet?

I met mike on vacation april 2004..he worked at Beaches

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status?

K-1...might take longer then expected :cry:

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy devil.gif )

:no:

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit)

working as a nanny for the past 5 years....moving into my own place for mike and i to start our lives together :yes:

I don't mind posting....but I think it may become a bit cumbersome......but most of that info is on the yahoo site, I think,....I read over very few days to make sure i didn't miss anything. you might check it out. Some don't like to put personal info here on this site.

Denise, David both 31, met a Riu Negril 2004 while on vacation, hubby lived in the hill's near Lucy, I'm a nurse, waiting on AOS approval It is speeding by... Why ?I ask not, God knows we need to get back there to whipp D's babe mama's %#%, (he know's I have fallen short...) She got it comin :whistle: Pictures are on yahoo check'em out :thumbs:

yuh waan fight him baby madda :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, since we have so many new members here and I'm trying to get acquainted with everyone, let's do the introduction thing again. Lurkers, you're welcome to participate:

Name? SO's Name?

Where are you from?

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy :devil: )

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread?

I'll go first:

Name? SO's Name They call me Mooma Squitto :lol: , his name is Squito

Your age? Your SO's age? 25/27

Where are you from? Born in Hartford, CT live in Brooklyn, USA

What part of JA is your SO from? Born in Trelawny, Lived in Portmore, St. Catherine for the last 8 years before moving to the US

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet? My parents are Jamaican. I've spent a lot of time in Jamaica growing up. My family visited the island often. In July of 1999 I met the love of my life one night in Albertown Trelawny (L)(L) . We were at a street dance, our eyes met and from there it was a wrap!! Fast forward to March 2005 when he asked me to be his wife. I said :yes:

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? We originally filed for K-1, We're now stuck in AOS hell :cry: . Praying for CSC transfer and approval w/o Interview :thumbs: Please see timeline for more info

Are your pics posted on yahoo? :yes:

Tell us a little about you: We had a small civil ceremony on February 14, 2006 (L) We have a big wedding planned for July 15, 2006. I can't wait to walk down the aisle and meet him at the altar. It's the day we've dreamed about for a long time. :luv: Our relationship has been everything but easy, but the Lord has been right by our side every step of the way. I am a firm believer in that good things come to those who wait. The Lord uses delays to strengthen our faith. Sure I could've found a man right here in NYC. But I couldn't find one who makes me feel the way Squito does. I know I have to be patient and wait for all of the wonderful things that the Lord has in store for us.

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? I love the camaraderie here. Many of us have never met each other yet we have a strong support system. This is a place where I know I can speak my mind freely and find people that genuinely understand my present situation. I often come to VJ to be reminded that I'm not crazy. It's nice to know other people are experiencing the same thoughts and feelings as me. I love that here, I see both the good and bad of what can happen in relationships similar to mine. As I said earlier, Ricardo and Myisha are such an inspiration to me. I am grateful for having come into contact with each and every one of you. I feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people :D

so wha? oonuh nuh waan introduce yuhself??? cho :devil:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Name? SO's Name? Jamie & Andre

Where are you from? 2.5 hours north of Seattle, Washington

What part of JA is your SO from? Born in Old Harbour area, grew up in May Pen area, last 7 years lived in Ewarton, St. Catherine.

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet? I went to JA as a missionary and made friends with people from his church down there. On my 3rd trip we connected through church and mutual friends. We started dating on December 27, 2001. I went back to visit 5 different times. I stayed for 5 months in the spring of 2004 and we were engaged in May 2004.

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? We filed for K1 March of 2005- we got the visa in September and were married on September 27, 2005 (L) We filed AOS in December 2005 and got the green card in May 2006. See timeline for details.

Are your pics posted on yahoo? :yes: and even pics of the dogs

I am a post and heart ho :lol: Well I work in the food industry in the quality assurance department so I am the person everyone loves to hate. Andre is working at door company and he seems pretty happy working there. We hope to relocate in the next few years to somewhere a little cheaper and a little more diverse...not sure where though. No babies in our near future...give us about 5-10 :lol

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? I love the love. The vibes are great and I love the connection to JA. I love getting to hear about everyones individual experiences and gaining knowledge from those around me. I am very grateful for the Yardie prayer chain and the mighty prayer warriors we have here. I am glad that I have someone to talk with through this crazy immigration stuff and cry on their shoulders. I am also glad that I can help so many people out and guide others through the process :luv:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl my family from Arkansas too! What part you from?

Home of America's top model :yes: ....Little Rock, Ar.

My fam is from Lil Rock and Dumas, Arkansas

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline

Name? SO's Name?

Shauna....Mike

24 23

Where are you from?

Lebanon, Pennsylvania....moving to Wilington Delaware

Oracabessa

I met mike on vacation april 2004..he worked at Beaches

K-1...might take longer then expected :cry:

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy devil.gif )

:no:

working as a nanny for the past 5 years....moving into my own place for mike and i to start our lives together :yes:

I don't mind posting....but I think it may become a bit cumbersome......but most of that info is on the yahoo site, I think,....I read over very few days to make sure i didn't miss anything. you might check it out. Some don't like to put personal info here on this site.

Denise, David both 31, met a Riu Negril 2004 while on vacation, hubby lived in the hill's near Lucy, I'm a nurse, waiting on AOS approval It is speeding by... Why ?I ask not, God knows we need to get back there to whipp D's babe mama's %#%, (he know's I have fallen short...) She got it comin :whistle: Pictures are on yahoo check'em out :thumbs:

yuh waan fight him baby madda :lol::lol::lol:

Nah not really, I don't want to fight her... she just needs to get her daughters stuff together. So her daughter can be able to see her father is all. She won't so we have to do it our selves :blush:

Girl my family from Arkansas too! What part you from?

Home of America's top model :yes: ....Little Rock, Ar.

My fam is from Lil Rock and Dumas, Arkansas

My grandmudda is from Dermott. We used to drive to Dumas to go make groceries :lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, since we have so many new members here and I'm trying to get acquainted with everyone, let's do the introduction thing again. Lurkers, you're welcome to participate:

Name? SO's Name? Julie & Michael

Your age? Your SO's age? (we'll understand if you don't want to share) 27/36

Where are you from? Minnesota

What part of JA is your SO from? Grew up in Hanover but worked in MoBay & Negril

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet? A freind and I were able to spend a few months on the beach in Negril. Michael was working at the place we stayed at. He worked 3rd shift at the bar so we used to stay up all night to watch the sunrise on the beach :luv: It was beautiful.

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status? We went the K-1 route, and are now waiting on our 6/8 AOS interview. Can't wait to be done :thumbs:

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy :devil: ) yes

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit) Michael & I were married on 11/18/05 in a tiny ceremony and will be having a larger wedding in Negril on 11/18/06 so I'm in the middle of planning that now - and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our son -he's due on August 7th :luv: I'm so in love already & can't wait to meet him.

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread? You guys make me giggle. I look like a crazy-lady at work. I'm all slouched down trying to hide the internet ...and then I giggle. You guys really don't help me conceal my surfing!

Edited by Sbys

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Name? SO's Name?

Jonesie and Drew (check Yahoo LOL)

I'm 25, he's 24

Where are you from?

Cali

St. Ann's Bay

I have distant family there...but that has nothing to do with how we met. At my old job I had a ton of vacation days so I'd go to JA every three months (to party - I loved the dancehall then). On my 3rd or 4th trip (can't remember which) I went to St. Ann and we met...the rest is history.

Now filing AOS...initial was K1. Check my timeline. Right now our AOS is pending.

Are your pics posted on yahoo?

Yep - we a moggle an pose pon Yahoo :lol:

Mi sexy an fit, and he's...LMAO! Just kidding. We both love music and are looking forward to starting our family. He's more outgoing than I am. We are similar in a lot of ways but differ in more; we balance each other out perfectly. I would go on but I'd be posting all day.

What's your favorite things about the Yardie thread?

The fact that we can all relate on one level or another - whether it be our personal lives, the visa journey, whatever.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Unfortunately I have to go do , mi housewife duties....I won't be able to explain dutty laundry, while not having to work all day. That stupid agency keeps cancelling mi....that nah mak it atall :no:

Now that Squito's here, I can't afford to be lazy anymore. When i was alone, if I didn't feel like cooking I didn't. I was such a take-out queen. That's the one thing I miss about single life...domestic duties come along with being a wife :blush:

Timeline

Unfortunately I have to go do , mi housewife duties....I won't be able to explain dutty laundry, while not having to work all day. That stupid agency keeps cancelling mi....that nah mak it atall :no:

Now that Squito's here, I can't afford to be lazy anymore. When i was alone, if I didn't feel like cooking I didn't. I was such a take-out queen. That's the one thing I miss about single life...domestic duties come along with being a wife :blush:

Guuuurrrll I never did so much laundry in my life till he got here! Cho! I feel you on those domestic duties! As soon as we start ballin we gonna hire a maid (even if we live in a studio apartment :lol:)

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guuuurrrll I never did so much laundry in my life till he got here! Cho! I feel you on those domestic duties! As soon as we start ballin we gonna hire a maid (even if we live in a studio apartment :lol:)

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You all are reading my mind! Just last night I was thinking about how when I was here alone I was the tv dinner queen...Lean cuisines all the way! :lol: Now we have to have "cook food"...which I attribute to my recent weight gain. Also I always ate out for lunch or never ate and now I have to be making him a lunch for work...and sandwiches are snacks...not "real" food...What?!?! I swear our food bill has quadrupled since he got here :o

A maid :) such a dream of mine :yes:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

I only have 1341 posts :(

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.