aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG, I am really going ot have to go without a husband.

That hard headed red skin s*&* head just screwed us over. I can't believe this. I just wish I could back to last week and change certain things. He is so immatureand stupid. How you gonna see sucha bright futre and mess things up because another person offended you, walk away, there is nothing to that. srry just venting........

:crying::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Is there anyway that you can go there to be with him??

Yeah would that be an option? I don't know if it was shared and I missed it somehow but what happened? Have you actually talked to him or just his sister? Sorry I am so lost :blink:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

DW, you never offended me at all. I was just venting, as you put it, and I know were I in your shoes I would be WISHING I could be arguing with my honey. I understand completely and my prayers have been with you. I feel like this board is my venting place, as I dont really have any friends to discuss these things with and you certainly cant do it with family, they just dont understand. We most of us on here seem to be puzzled by the fact that our husbands dont actually SAY they want this or that when given a choice, so I vented here about it. I have read it on other boards too, the ones from S. Africa anyway...

I hear you girl :yes: I come here and let all my frustrations out and all my crazy thoughts and feelings. I don't have anyone "in real life" that I can do that with. I have gotten burned by people so many times by sharing my struggles that I really don't have a lot of trust for very many people. To me it just seems "safer" to talk to you all who know what I am going through and have experienced similar things. It is a wonderful place to vent and I hope that I have never upset or offended anyone by my venting :unsure:

:lol::lol: I am post hoe fa tru :thumbs::lol:

That could be our new club :thumbs::lol::lol: We already have plenty of members :whistle:

My name is Ms Squitto and I'm a Post Ho :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Admission of guilt is the first step to recovery :yes::yes::yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

heart ho! :lol::lol:

She's a heart ho, mighty mighty

just posting all over the place (sing to the tune of brick house :lol::lol: oh yes, I sure do need Jesus. Help me Lord)

:lol:! you already have your second heart :P

Yes you do! I need about 350+ posts for my next (L) Anyone else close?

How many do you need again? I have 1428 so fa.

Good morning everyone,

I am so out of it today, yesterday after everything a convesation I had with Lee was the only that cheered me up.

I am slowly falling ain a state of depression and I am withdrawing form everyone, but i can't help but to come here.

Maybe one of you ladies can help me out.

1) If I was to stop teh petition know, can I go back and reenter it ata later date? Say in about a year or 2.

2) Can you tell me what would cause a denial of visa ?, I tried using the USCIS and the State site but everyting was coming out in gibberish.

thanks

If I am not mistaken, after your I-130 is approved and you complete the visa bill portion (ie you pay the immigration fee - $485 or whatever), you have two years to file the I-485 (AOS) to move the case forward to Kingston. I will look for my cover letter but I believe it said that. You may want to post this question outside this thread and have somone more knowlegdgeable answer.

As for cause of visa denials, it varies, but among the reasons listed by folks on visa journey were:

1. USC not having enough money to be above required poverty level and needing a cosponsor
  2. Not showing enough evidence of having a real relationship
  3. Consular Officer not believing the couple despite evidence
  4. Testing positive for drugs or admitting to recent drug use
  5. Immigrant not being able to prove you are divorced or otherwise eligible to marry (we had one case recently where it was the embassy that informed the USC that dude was married already)
  6. Unable to clear criminal background check - not receiving a clean police report from every place you lived for more than six months
  7. Consular officer is simply in a bad mood (just kidding)

OMG, I am really going ot have to go without a husband.

That hard headed red skin s*&* head just screwed us over. I can't believe this. I just wish I could back to last week and change certain things. He is so immatureand stupid. How you gonna see sucha bright futre and mess things up because another person offended you, walk away, there is nothing to that. srry just venting........

:crying::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Is there anyway that you can go there to be with him??

It would be hard I really would love to but I am not financially stable enough to go there and live with my son, unsure of a job etc.. an dthen there would be the baby daddy drama he was acting up when he found out I was married so can you imagine what would happen if I was to move to another country with my son so we could be with my husband. :o

I just got it #7 is :)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Paying bills- well as some of you know i am a SAHM ( stay at home mom) so Ricardo techinically pays all the bills..crazy to think about that....HE is the immigrant and ends up being the sole financial provider...only been in the US a few years...just shows that it is possible and how good God is.

You know what, when my faith wanes, I often think of you and Ricardo and it really picks up my spirit. I see what you two have been able to accomplish in the past few years and it strenghtens my faith! :yes: Thanks for sharing your story with us. :luv:

Agreed :thumbs: I have been encouraged many times by your family Myisha and your strength and walk with the Lord. You are a great inspiration :luv:

Just coming in this thread encourages me. To see how the Lord is blessing us all, we pray for one another, and just stay positive - hard to find that these days with people. I pray for you all every night (L)

Same here, I usually say a blanket prayer for our entire VJ family and I really get to prayin' when someone has a particular situation. :yes::yes::yes:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Oh yea, Jamie, you asked bout the trailer mural. My sis an I had tried to paint it. We stupidly listened to everyone that said..."oh yea, you can use regular house paint"...NOT! We worked on it two weeks and it looked like #######! A great big white beached whale inthe middle of a field...so ugly. Then we went out to eat in this lil bar and there was this gorgeous mural on the wall, happened to be the guy that worked there that is super talented (but hard to get him goin if you know what I mean) He has been working on it three years and is still not finished but what he did in 3 hours looked so much better than what we had accomplished in 2 weeks! Sigh...wished I was that talented.

And yes, Elizabeth, he ALWAYS tries to please me, but one of these days, I am afraid he will get totally burnt out doing that. Its not good to ALWAYS defer to the spouse. And he does. It makes ME frustrated and I am sure it makes him that way as well. So funny, I bet a lot of gals would be WISHING for my problem!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures.......

Found it May 11th 2:24 post number 2728 :yes: Thought I had lost my mind. I'm the post hoe in cognito(spelling) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

you good to have found that!

I wonder how many pages our old thread was...were we past 1000 in that forum?

Well, no one answered it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy :hehe::lol:

You are crazy, Dee. :P I answered it. Remeber I babbled on about putting scripture on mothers day candles and I posted the pic and you said it was cute.....remember...

Speaking of remember - y'all I have memory issues - I now have to use the kitchen clock timer when I cook....I go away and forget I am baking or cooking. :o

:lol::lol::lol: I never stay in the kitchen when I'm cooking and Squito always get bex and seh him nuh waan him bun him him food. I always run betwixt the kitchen and the pc or the TV :lol:

Filed: Other Timeline

DW, you never offended me at all. I was just venting, as you put it, and I know were I in your shoes I would be WISHING I could be arguing with my honey. I understand completely and my prayers have been with you. I feel like this board is my venting place, as I dont really have any friends to discuss these things with and you certainly cant do it with family, they just dont understand. We most of us on here seem to be puzzled by the fact that our husbands dont actually SAY they want this or that when given a choice, so I vented here about it. I have read it on other boards too, the ones from S. Africa anyway...

I hear you girl :yes: I come here and let all my frustrations out and all my crazy thoughts and feelings. I don't have anyone "in real life" that I can do that with. I have gotten burned by people so many times by sharing my struggles that I really don't have a lot of trust for very many people. To me it just seems "safer" to talk to you all who know what I am going through and have experienced similar things. It is a wonderful place to vent and I hope that I have never upset or offended anyone by my venting :unsure:

That could be our new club :thumbs::lol::lol: We already have plenty of members :whistle:

:lol::lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Sign me up! Working on second heart now :lol:

just posting all over the place (sing to the tune of brick house :lol::lol: oh yes, I sure do need Jesus. Help me Lord)

Yes you do :thumbs::lol::lol:

Agreed :yes::lol::lol:

Sign me up! Working on second heart now :lol:

ROTFLOL til mi panti wet :lol::lol:

Woyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have to meet you in person, I swear

Timeline

Name? SO's Name?

Shauna....Mike

Your age? Your SO's age? (we'll understand if you don't want to share)

24 23

Where are you from?

Lebanon, Pennsylvania....moving to Wilington Delaware

What part of JA is your SO from?

Oracabessa

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet?

I met mike on vacation april 2004..he worked at Beaches

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status?

K-1...might take longer then expected :cry:

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy devil.gif )

:no:

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit)

working as a nanny for the past 5 years....moving into my own place for mike and i to start our lives together :yes:

Timeline

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures.......

Found it May 11th 2:24 post number 2728 :yes: Thought I had lost my mind. I'm the post hoe in cognito(spelling) :lol:

You are crazy, Dee. :P I answered it. Remeber I babbled on about putting scripture on mothers day candles and I posted the pic and you said it was cute.....remember...

Speaking of remember - y'all I have memory issues - I now have to use the kitchen clock timer when I cook....I go away and forget I am baking or cooking. :o

:lol::lol::lol: I never stay in the kitchen when I'm cooking and Squito always get bex and seh him nuh waan him bun him him food. I always run betwixt the kitchen and the pc or the TV :lol:

David wanted me to watch some movie, from the middle by the way :wacko: so Iwasn't interested, He smurked and said but ya watch da compuda. :blink:

Timeline

:yes:

:yes::yes: I remeber when Paul was here and I would be cooking after teh first 5 mins he would give up and just finish hisself. I think it is something with Jamaican and you having to stay in teh kitchen for hours while you cook.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On the days when I get all stressed over this whole baby thing, I realize that I really, really want to be a mom. Before I was just afraid, but now I know for sure that I want to have a little girl.

Hang in there- it will happen when it's time. A friend of mine just found out she's pregnant after trying for 1.5 years! No drugs, no doctors, it just wasn't their time before. Yours will come soon (L)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Name? SO's Name?

Shauna....Mike

Your age? Your SO's age? (we'll understand if you don't want to share)

24 23

Where are you from?

Lebanon, Pennsylvania....moving to Wilington Delaware

What part of JA is your SO from?

Oracabessa

What's your Connection to JA - How/Where/When did you meet?

I met mike on vacation april 2004..he worked at Beaches

What are you filing for? When did you file? What's your case status?

K-1...might take longer then expected :cry:

Are your pics posted on yahoo? (Mindy devil.gif )

:no:

Tell us a little about you: (You are free to answer this as you see fit)

working as a nanny for the past 5 years....moving into my own place for mike and i to start our lives together :yes:

I don't mind posting....but I think it may become a bit cumbersome......but most of that info is on the yahoo site, I think,....I read over very few days to make sure i didn't miss anything. you might check it out. Some don't like to put personal info here on this site.

Denise, David both 31, met a Riu Negril 2004 while on vacation, hubby lived in the hill's near Lucy, I'm a nurse, waiting on AOS approval It is speeding by... Why ?I ask not, God knows we need to get back there to whipp D's babe mama's %#%, (he know's I have fallen short...) She got it comin :whistle: Pictures are on yahoo check'em out :thumbs:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.